First Grow On My Own

Worked on defoliating the tops today before they got too much further along. I was having to tuck fan leaves from up there out of the way of lower bud sites way too much. I also saw some people recommending to do it before the end of week 4 in flower. I'm at the end of week 3 so it seemed like a good time.

Ok, I think I have a deficiency in one of the northern lights plants. This is the plant that sits right in the middle of both lights, not sure if that has caused it to use up more nutrient than the others, but the others are not showing this stress on the leaves.

From pictures I've been looking at trying to diagnose the problem it kind of looks like a potassium deficiency, but I could be wrong. Any suggestions?

White spots look like dried nutes from dripping or spray, or critters, possible powder mildu

Check under the leaves for critters

Did you tear those few leaves or did something eat them

What are all the nutes yer feeding them

I've checked the leaves, can't find any pests. I was wondering about mildew but that plant was directly in the center of a pretty steady breeze from a box fan, so I'm not sure.

I think the torn edges are from them getting crispy then the fan blowing them around, probably some from me moving them also but they start to crumble when that little piece of the edge dies.

Right now I'm only running the fox farm basic 3 plus calmag, usually ph between 6.3 and 6.5. Adding at around 3/4 recommended strength

White spots look like dried nutes from dripping or spray, or critters, possible powder mildu

Check under the leaves for critters

Did you tear those few leaves or did something eat them

What are all the nutes yer feeding them

I'm starting to think maybe there is a pest. I'm seeing more of those holes show up on other plants. If it is a pest it's either pretty elusive or very small, I haven't actually seen anything yet even under the loupe or macro camera lenses. But none the less it's starting to feel more like a pest that seems to be spreading.

Do you think Captain Jack's or some other spinosad spray would be alright to use this far into flowering? I think I'll probably need to cut down the trellis and pull them out to really inspect every leaf, but I want to nip this problem

I finally saw one little brown speck of a bug and it jumped off like a flea when I went to touch it. Pretty sure I'm dealing with thrips. I cut down the trellis today and took all of the girls out and gave the leaves a spray down with spinosad. I also vacuumed out the tent and gave it a spray down with spinosad as well. Hopefully that will take care of it. I may need to do the same in about a week to make sure I get any newly hatched.

Hey-o, look who finally learned how to white balance in-camera

Flower day 43. I'm hoping some will pack on a little more weight over the next couple of weeks before flushing and harvesting, some nugs are quite larfy. I probably also need to get a better loupe or start trying to get macro shots of the trichomes, I'm having a bit of a hard time with the 30x loupe.

Back
Top Bottom