2 Tents 1 Man And A Plan

greenmobster440

Welcome to my first let's call it..Freedom Grow. Been waiting my whole adult life for this so let's get this show on the forum.

All shit shows start with a plan. Mine is no different. The know how is in my head. Now I need to knock off the Rust and grow me some nice bud. As mentioned in my intro thread. I have not grown indoors since early 2000. Back then about 18% THC was the higher end beans and folks were just starting to experiment with LEDs. Scrog was my main way of growing and I plan on doing that again. Let's get this ball rolling.

Beans on Hand
Fems
Paradise Seed...LA Amnesia
Garden of Green...Chemdawg Millionaire Guava

Autos
Growers Choice... 1 Gorilla Glue
I49...2 Xxxl
Growers Choice...1 Tangerine Dream
I have a few auto seed left and will be trying to use up these older beans before ordering new.

MeloFarm 4x4 tent
GreenHut 4x8 tent
Vivosun 6" exhaust with carbon filter
Szhlux pt4000 fem/reg grows
Adiding GP3000 automatics
1 18gal tote
Danoplus ph, temp monitor
25w fish tank heater
Hitop 110gph air pump w air stones
2 6" net pots w geolite clay
5 3gal fabric pots and tray
Promix hd myco
1" cubes rock wool...slab
Heavy duty plug bar 2
2...6" clip on fans
46"x46" wood frame with metal 2"x3" screening for scrog
Govee Remote temperature/hygrometer Govee Smart humidifier
YinMik ph,ttd,ec tester

Tps Nutes......
Tps One
Tps Signal
Tps CalMag
Planet Earth Silica
SaferGro PH down

To get caught up I'll post what I've had going on the past few weeks.
11/9 Presoaked Rockwood cubes in ph 5.83 tap water. Seeded rw and set humidity dome.
11/12 soaking Auto beans
11/13 all seeds have emerged from the cubes. Not roots yet.
11/14 all newborn are stretching into life. Today they go in the big tub roots or not.
11/14...XXXL cracked a tail.
11/17...New girls are gaining second set of leaf emerging. No roots out the net pots yet. Had to bounce the pH down a little and all else looks good so far.
*Automatics...Maybe I'm just being impatient. Prob so..lol. I've had two crack tails so I planted them in promix. Three others are still soaking. I got nothin green so far. Are autos slower to germinate? I've since warmed them up a little to see if that helps.
I'll be growing in two tent. 4x4 and 4x8. Fems n Regs in 4x4 in dwc, and Automatics in one half of the 4x8, promix hd myco. They form a large L shape and take up two third of my dining room. Only have one 6" blower so I've managed to use it to vent both tents. It seems to be working well so far with good temps in both when burning them at 100%. I want my environment set before getting to far in. Can't grow good herb without basic needs met. A few shots of what I have going on so far.
IMG_20231120_125008118.jpg
IMG_20231120_192727819.jpg

IMG_20231120_125216233.jpg
IMG_20231120_125140871.jpg
IMG_20231120_125152526.jpg

Not much going on yet but here's the fem girls in the tub and uneventful 3 gal sacks. Time goes so slow at this stage...ughhh Keeping them all in the 4x4 for now. I see no need to run the other lamp till these girls get busy.
The cup on the tub is Gigabud. I'll be growing her in the auto tent. Maybe take some clones for next grow. I went with the first two to sprout so this girl's gonna have to wait.

IMG_20231120_124453948.jpg

IMG_20231120_124503608.jpg

I'm a firm believer of less is more in growing indoors. With limited space ya have to be careful. It's certainly tempting to throw a ton of plants in a space but if you do so your killing your harvest and asking for problems. So my scrog will only host two ladies.
Autos on the other hand I have no knowledge of other than what I read. I'm going with 5 in the large 4x8. Only using a out 2/3 of the tent to grow until I find another lamp.

Flowering clones were a big part of my growing back in the day. I plan on repeating all that mess. I'll be taking some clones from my fems when they are 14 days into lowering. Actually you can take them anytime during the flower stage but the later into flowering they are taken the longer they take to convert back to veg. The 2 week mark seemed to always be the sweet spot. The sick ass branching ya get with flowering clones makes for some nice scroggin. Found a few pics from bout twenty yrs ago..lol

flowered_clone.JPG

Nov09004.JPG

To all my grow neighbors in Ohio. Check out OLA On Line Auction...app in Play store. Please don't take this as a spam thing. I'm just relaying info on possible deals in the area. This is a open box type auction. They will ship some items but you must schedule a local pickup at various locations. There are two locations here in the Cleveland area. I was skeptical at first but took a chance anyway.
Bid on three tents. 2 2x4s and 1 4x8. Wouldn't ya know it. I won all three. Only really wanted the big one but the others kinda fell into my lap. I'll gift them to my kids. Time for them to learn to grow..lol.
Currently have my eye on this lamp. I have the 400w version. This would do well in my large tent. I bet it goes for less than $150.

Screenshot_20231121-063636.png

Bout 4 yrs ago I got the grow itch. Erected a 14x32 greenhouse and used the back 1/3 to grow some herb. Keep in mind this was in Alabama. I remember on e getting the plastic up and secure I stood there soaked in sweat 9am wondered..How in the hell am I going to grow anything in this heat. Temp was 98 inside and climbing. Regardless, I trudged on with the plan. Tweaked ventilation and used fans but it was still very hot. Before long I had a dozen ladies flowering. Dealt with bugs, heat, and humidity all summer long but ended up with some bud. I never want to do that again. I do believe the heat stress knocked out some potency but in the end they did survive the ordeal with some pretty good growth. I was pleased but like I said..never again. I prefer unzipping my tent and tending to them in the comfort of my indoor space. So much easier and a much better environment for my girls. Blueberry Kush, White Widow, and Scooby Snacks.
At one point I threw a bunch of clones in a kid pool. This move gained me some nice bud in the end. Nice bonus.

image 8.jpg

image 29.jpg

IMG_20200812_130050897_HDR.jpg

She used to be single. Now she's two girls in one pot

So, Ive got some weird growth happening on the LA Amnesia. Deformed new growth seems to be appearing. It's a young plant so I'll keep an eye on it. In the mean time I put a just in case plant in place. If the LA goes sour I'll just clip her. If she does well and comes out of this so be it. She can grow out right there. I've ran two plants in one pot before. Never had any issues.
The transfer went okay. May have shocked them both a little bit they should recover pretty quick. In the past Ive even pulled plants out of soil. Washed off the dirt as best I could and threw them into a net pot. Again, a little shock then growth. Folks I'm havin a blast here.

IMG_20231121_135125713.jpg

IMG_20231121_133515260.jpg

IMG_20231121_133533926.jpg

You've been hiding @greenmobster440 , but I found ya
I've also done several runs 2 plants per pot with no problems, just a hell of a lot of watering lol
I grow in coco - and this is just an observation - when seedlings develop those deformed papery leaves, it appears to be a Calcium ask, CaMg is a quick fix
Cool setup Brother :thumb:

:popcorn:

You've been hiding @greenmobster440 , but I found ya
I've also done several runs 2 plants per pot with no problems, just a hell of a lot of watering lol
I grow in coco - and this is just an observation - when seedlings develop those deformed papery leaves, it appears to be a Calcium ask, CaMg is a quick fix
Cool setup Brother :thumb:

:popcorn:
Thank you Roy. Happy to see ya pop in. Yeah man, Ive been on ice for years but that's melted away now. I was just getting on here to research that odd leaf situation and saw your response. I've noticed a few spotty yellow areas in the other two, very light but noticable. I have cal mag but haven't used it just yet. Thanks for the heads up Roy. Going to throw some in there tonight. Thought maybe I'd thrown a little to hot of a mix at them but that usually shows in the tips quick. Like I said this is slight n spotty.

Looking real good GM! It looks like you're in a basement? What's the tent temp when both sleep running?

I do a basement grow and sometimes it would get a little warm, 81-82, with two tents going. Girls didn't mind :)

Looking real good GM! It looks like you're in a basement? What's the tent temp when both sleep running?

I do a basement grow and sometimes it would get a little warm, 81-82, with two tents going. Girls didn't mind :)

Hey Tim, welcome to my madness. Thanks man I'm tryin. I'm setup in my dining room...lol. Takes up the whole thing. I'm seeing temps in high 60s-lower 70s lights out. Mid 70s to 81 in small tent....70s in big tent w both tents 100%. I'm satisfied with the temps so far. Lack of humidity is a concern. This house is so dry. Considering buying a nice humidifier.

Week 1 Veg
LA Amnesia
Gigabud
Chemdawg Mil Guava

Already been a week and though I don't have a lot of green in the box yet I know it's just around the corner. Time to ramp up the juice a lil.
Bumped up the ppm to 720, added Silica, and CalMag. Ph to 5.8

The solo auto I49 XXXL is doing fine. Coming up slowly but at least she made an appearance. Got a fan blowing on the pot. Hope to dry her out a little. I believe she's gonna need some CalMag like the others and that pot is still heavy.

Nothing exciting and no change so I'll hold off on pics for now.

Back
Top Bottom