Setup
Vivosun 2x4 tent
Mars TSL2000 LED
6 inch input fan
Vivsun filter
6 inch output fan
3 gallon fabric pots
Foxfarms Happy Frog and Ocean Forest soil

Version 2 attempts again to address my overstuffing tendencies.

I am very encouraged to read other members are successfully topping and cloning their Autos. As mentioned in previous threads, trimming topped plants is SO much easier and more productive. Maybe it's my inner miser, but I really love cloning and I regret not trying to clone any of my first Auto batch. To that point, I did leave some foliage on Belka Bloody Skunk and set her out in a re-veg attempt. If she comes back, you know I will try to clone her! But I digress ... In this V2 of the Auto and Mother Photoperiod Tent, I plan to put in 1 topped Auto to be followed by 1 Auto clone in 30 days for a perennial 30 day Auto Harvest.

15 days ago I dropped a Barney's Purple Punch Auto Fem seed into the germinator. I am very disappointed to report she appears to be a true non-starter. I've written TrueNorth with the bad news and hope for a replacement of their choice.

Suspecting a dead bean, I dropped a Canuk Critical Mass Auto Fem seed 3 days ago and it has already sprouted. This may be for the better anyway, as the CM going now has a much denser bud mass than her Purple Punch neighbor, who was also a problematic starter. I guess I am a much bigger consumer fan of PP than a growing fan of her. She's a toughie.

So, as we settle into V2 the tent will be housing 1 Auto & 1 Auto clone, and 1 Mother Photoperiod & 1 clone Photoperiod in 30 day rotation yielding about 1 plant per month.

I am hoping to increase the Auto yield a bit by giving them more elbow room.

It looks to me like we have at least a couple of weeks yet to go with the remaining 3 Autos of my first grow, but it's hard to tell because it's my first Auto grow. We are over 8 weeks in now - just at the seed banks predicted ripening point. Not there yet.

Setup
Vivosun 2x4 tent
Mars TSL2000 LED
6 inch input fan
Vivsun filter
6 inch output fan
3 gallon fabric pots
Foxfarms Happy Frog and Ocean Forest soil

Version 2 attempts again to address my overstuffing tendencies.

I am very encouraged to read other members are successfully topping and cloning their Autos. As mentioned in previous threads, trimming topped plants is SO much easier and more productive. Maybe it's my inner miser, but I really love cloning and I regret not trying to clone any of my first Auto batch. To that point, I did leave some foliage on Belka Bloody Skunk and set her out in a re-veg attempt. If she comes back, you know I will try to clone her! But I digress ... In this V2 of the Auto and Mother Photoperiod Tent, I plan to put in 1 topped Auto to be followed by 1 Auto clone in 30 days for a perennial 30 day Auto Harvest.

15 days ago I dropped a Barney's Purple Punch Auto Fem seed into the germinator. I am very disappointed to report she appears to be a true non-starter. I've written TrueNorth with the bad news and hope for a replacement of their choice.

Suspecting a dead bean, I dropped a Canuk Critical Mass Auto Fem seed 3 days ago and it has already sprouted. This may be for the better anyway, as the CM going now has a much denser bud mass than her Purple Punch neighbor, who was also a problematic starter. I guess I am a much bigger consumer fan of PP than a growing fan of her. She's a toughie.

So, as we settle into V2 the tent will be housing 1 Auto & 1 Auto clone, and 1 Mother Photoperiod & 1 clone Photoperiod in 30 day rotation yielding about 1 plant per month.

I am hoping to increase the Auto yield a bit by giving them more elbow room.

It looks to me like we have at least a couple of weeks yet to go with the remaining 3 Autos of my first grow, but it's hard to tell because it's my first Auto grow. We are over 8 weeks in now - just at the seed banks predicted ripening point. Not there yet.
Hey Ed sounds like you have a good one going. I'll hang out and watch. :thumb:
Bill

Well, that Barney's Purple Punch Auto Fem never germinated :(

On account of this being the 2nd PP bean with problems, I expressed concern to TrueNorth. They're quite reasonable and we'll address some freebies at the point of my next order :)

Backup bean Canuk Critical Mass Auto Fem had no issue germinating, now under an LED awaiting space in the 24/7 tent.
04 21 2021 CMA.jpg

I am very encouraged to read other members are successfully topping and cloning their Autos.
Hi Ed , yes I have topped auto's & what else are you going to do with the top but clone it
Works pretty good on the late flowering strains I have
Not sure about the Autos that flower at 21 days. You have to take the clone before flowering starts to happen

Hi Ed , yes I have topped auto's & what else are you going to do with the top but clone it
Works pretty good on the late flowering strains I have
Not sure about the Autos that flower at 21 days. You have to take the clone before flowering starts to happen
If #1 is any gauge, she's a slow one to start to flower.

Add you journals to your signature & you may get more views

Add you journals to your signature & you may get more views
Thank you!

Today I topped my Critical Mass Auto and she took to it like a champ, already sprouting 4 little lobes where the 1 was. In addition to her top, I am trying two small side lobes to clone from her.

While I was at cloning, took 4 more off of Wappa too, with about 3 weeks before she moves into the 12/12.

It appears the HPS was too much for the little darlings ... moved to 150w LED with fingers crossed.

Meanwhile back in the ICU, 1 CMA is a goner for sure with 2 still in the maybe column.

I also put 3 spearmint seeds to germinate. One of my favorite things is a fresh mint tea with honey to accompany a joint.

I'm about to clone a Tangerine Dream Auto to do a SOG as I don't have a lot of space and TD is sativa dominant so you got more time to clone - just got to get the timing right to root/veg while the autos finish
The Jack Herer & Blueberry went in at the same time, but they're well into flower already

2 days ago, I up-potted my 4 week Critical Mass Auto clone and put her in.

Of the two remaining 4+ week CMA clones, neither is yet sprouting any visible root growth.

In contrast, it seems I can't kill the majority of photo period Wappa clones. Those Wappas really have a strong will to live.

So far Auto Cloning is proving to be quite the challenge and the jury is still out if I'll get it to work this grow cycle. I'll try again with the next cycle. Maybe some auto strains are more challenging than others, I have a few to choose from next time.

Will be back to check later today, hoping for some CMA clone recovery.

Here is Queen Wilhelmina Wappa the 2nd's clone LilWil4. She looks to be another eager little beaver.

Not very tall but very bushy.

Here she has recovered well after contributing 4 more clone attempts and getting a bamboo & pipe cleaner ring support.

It's still 16 days until her spot opens up over in the 12/12 tent.

Below her bottom left is the first (alas, and only) Critical Mass Auto Clone.
06 12 2021 LilWil4.jpg

:sorry: It's been way too long between updates.

Canuk Critical Mass Auto now flowering 74 days, one successful CMA clone 33 days behind her.

In the middle, LilWil5 (and hopefully) LilWil6 Wappa clones

07 02 2021 Auto Tent.jpg
Good morning @ed the head hope you are well today.
That critical mass auto looks amazing.
Hope your going to enter her in plant of the month.:adore:
Nice work my friend.
Bill

Back
Top Bottom