Ed's 1st Tent Grow: Wappa Twisted Sisters

ed the head

Greetings cannabis lovers. Referred by a friend from another related forum. Have visited and enjoyed Copenhagen's, Vancouver's and Colorado's cannabis scenes, but for me Amsterdam will always be #1. Nieuw Nederlander. I have grown a couple of time in the past with only moderate success using HPS and MH light. Coming back after 10+ years. With much of the world going so horribly wrong, it's good to see the cannabis world, and cannabis grow world improving so rapidly.

The new setup is a 2x4 tent kit with a 440w LED. It's got 6" input and exhaust fans and a carbon filter. The kit came with (5) 5 gal grow bags, Fox Farms Ocean Forest soil, pH up and pH down liquid and meter, and weather station. Setup was easy, but 1 fan was seized up. The RMA was noisy, and the saga continues. Meanwhile a substitute from HomeDepot is doing the trick.

I put 4 Fem Wappa seeds in water 9/28 and onto a paper towel germination plate 9/29. By 10/1 they sprouted nearly an inch and went into the Fox Farm mix. Growth since then has been much better than expected (or previously experienced). I am trying LST, letting 4 true leaf lobs develop and then train down lob #5. I've done this twice now to each plant. Yesterday I setup up a net to ease further training. A few lobs are beginning to creep over so I am looking forward to training them to fill the canopy.

This was the first time I paid attention to pH. For the first 3 weeks, they only got pH balanced water (to 6.0 - 6.5). I noticed my tap water is usually a little high. I am using about 70% recommend dose of Dr. Earth liquid fertilizer every other watering. This product bought my water pH way down to around 4.7 so I adjust it to 6. The plants seem very healthy with this regimen so it continues.

When we get to flowering, I have a 3 pack from Fox Farms for early, mid and late bud development.

So far I am very impressed with the performance of this LED unit. I read that it is optimized for bud development, which is particularly encouraging because the plants are growing spectacularly in vegetative mode. It clearly out performs the HPS and MH of my past.

The tent, ventilation, pH, augmented soil and quality seed are no doubt contributing factors, but I am a fan of LED. L-ed the head?

:welcome:

A lot of high quality information floating around the website!! :passitleft:
dig in!!:cheesygrinsmiley:
Yes I see that. A bit like trying to drink from a fire hose but I will give myself some time to digest. This is really terrific. Watching (and enjoying!) cannabis get better and better over the years has caused me to want to get to know the growers behind the scenes, if for nothing else a hearty and sincere thank you and keep up the good work. I can't imagine a more Essential Worker

:welcome: to :420:ed the head!:passitleft:

Back
Top Bottom