Ed's Mother Wappa & 1st Auto Grow

:cheesygrinsmiley: Day #35 - 5 Week Mark - :cheesygrinsmiley:

:nerd-with-glasses:No buds yet on Syra Cheese, Mila Critical Mass or Panya Purple Punch, but they all are growing pistils. Belka Bloody Skunk the only lady building buds at this 5 week mark. 3-5 to go? Can't wait to find out. :yahoo:
03 21 2021 Autos.jpg

Meanwhile, Queen Wilhelmina Wappa chugs along and contributes two more clone attempts today, Willie5 and 6.
03 21 2021 Mama Wappa.jpg

Willie 5 and 6.
03 21 2021 Willie5 and 6.jpg
Very nice looking garden.

Day #37

The girls are starting to suck up a lot of water. Mila CM was even droopy this morning :oops: ! I hope she doesn't mind, supposed to be good for you! I didn't soak them through today, because tomorrow they're due for nutrients :cheesygrinsmiley:. Being furthest along, Belka BS is due for FF Cha Ching. Meanwhile, Panya PP, Mila CM and Syra Cheese will be due for F Beastie Bloomz.

I setup a new double tiered trellis system I am trying. Two rows 6 inches apart may make it easier to control. Mila CM was reaching this zone so it was time.

She is already perking back up, I expect to have to trellis he cola in the next day or so.
:thumb:

Meanwhile PP Wilhelmina Wappa doing fine. I am not sure whether or not to top her. Do you top mothers? I have a few days yet to decide. I haven't killed any of her six clones yet. The earliest clones will be 2 weeks old tomorrow. These two looked recovered and were put under the Mars light a few days ago. That didn't go so well, so I moved them both back under the florescent light. They both seem better now. I am expected about 50% mortality based on what I am reading. I guess they dye long, slow painful deaths that are hard to watch? So far, they've all greened over more so I know there is life there. I am trying to envision rapid root generation and growth.

Okay, this is weird ... I think. Maybe those more tenured have seen this before.

Syra Cheese Auto is apparently an Automatic Self Topping specimen! :oops: :cheesygrinsmiley: :yahoo:

I've been watching her get very bushy, and twice wondered why her 'cola' wasn't as high as her 'side' branches. Somewhere along the line and unbeknownst to me, she self topped herself into 3 main cola lobes!!
:slide:

03 26 2021 Syra Cheese Auto Topped.jpg

Love the purples on your girls. Beautiful.
Do you let the temp get a little lower at night to activate the color change.
I been running jher and she turns nice and purple with just a touch of cold at night.
I think it's all the strain - though not all bloom so purple - got lucky!

:yahoo:6 week mark! Coming down to the wire!:slide:

Belka Bloody Skunk is really the only one at this point with buds, but they are beautiful deep purple ones :cheesygrinsmiley:.

She is a shorty as compared with her Critical Mass, Purple Punch and Cheese sisters. Good to know for future reference. Short plants are easier! Nice pistil growth all around elsewhere. C'mon C'mon buds.

I have swapped out The Infirmary for a proper Intensive Care Unit for clones and germinating seeds. Here the new ICU occupies the CFL light spot with 4 new Wilhelmina Wappa clone attempts, and my next Auto - Barney's Purple Punch from True North Seeds.
03 28 2021 ICU.jpg

Mars LED's are great for growing but terrible for photos!!

Belka Bloody Skunk is so beautiful in flash lighting, she just might find herself in a beauty contest soon. Although these are better photos, they still don't do her justice.

Oh happy freebie, thanks True North and Sweet Seeds, I think I am going to have to buy some.
03 29 2021 Belka natural light.jpg
03 29 2021 Belka natural light top.jpg

:cheesygrinsmiley: :yahoo::love:

Status update on the Clone Infirmary Ward: No deaths yet, with two flourishing and requiring an up potting into 1 gallon fabric pots. Willie1 (right rear) was first, she is bound for a 20 gallon pot and an outdoor grow starting 4/16. Willie4 (left front) was next, she is bound for the 12/12 tent in about a month. She took her topping today too.
03 30 2021 Clone Infirmary.jpg

Status update on the Clone Infirmary Ward: No deaths yet, with two flourishing and requiring an up potting into 1 gallon fabric pots. Willie1 (right rear) was first, she is bound for a 20 gallon pot and an outdoor grow starting 4/16. Willie4 (left front) was next, she is bound for the 12/12 tent in about a month. She took her topping today too.
03 30 2021 Clone Infirmary.jpg
Glad your clones are doing well my friend. Just a thought, they look like are sitting on a concrete floor. Which will cool them down. :Namaste: If I'm wrong disregard my concern.

Thanks @Bill284 !!

They're in a cabinet made of press board including the floor, which is raised a couple of inches off the concrete floor so I think they're okay. I more than appreciate your keen eye and concern.

I think I have to worry about it getting too warm in there on account of the HPS light. Old school. I am going to try replacement LED bulbs for this lamp. This was harder than I thought at first ... turns out my lamp has a 'Mogul' base and not a 'Medium' base as is readily available. I had to add an E39 to E26 lamp socket converter, hopefully my measurements are true and it all fits AND works when it shows up!

Thanks @Bill284 !!

They're in a cabinet made of press board including the floor, which is raised a couple of inches off the concrete floor so I think they're okay. I more than appreciate your keen eye and concern.

I think I have to worry about it getting too warm in there on account of the HPS light. Old school. I am going to try replacement LED bulbs for this lamp. This was harder than I thought at first ... turns out my lamp has a 'Mogul' base and not a 'Medium' base as is readily available. I had to add an E39 to E26 lamp socket converter, hopefully my measurements are true and it all fits AND works when it shows up!
I find my clones did best with low watt led,s. And I've killed enough in my day before finding what worked for me. I figured you had it up off the ground but with my tired old eyes I thought it looked like concrete.
How is your rh with that light. Must be hard to keep clones moist.

Sweet Seeds Belka Bloody Skunk seems to be out to prove something, really ripening up.

Their strain description says '8 weeks from germination' but my week counter began at true leaves, about a week later.

So, my counter may be off and she may be coming into week 8 :slide: not week 7.

She looks almost done :cheesygrinsmiley: what do you guys think?

04 01 2021 Belka Top.jpg

04 01 2021 Belka Top2.jpg

04 01 2021 Belka BS.jpg

PS - Happy birthday to Dad & Uncle Harold in Heaven.

Sweet Seeds Belka Bloody Skunk seems to be out to prove something, really ripening up.

Their strain description says '8 weeks from germination' but my week counter began at true leaves, about a week later.

So, my counter may be off and she may be coming into week 8 :slide: not week 7.

She looks almost done :cheesygrinsmiley: what do you guys think?

04 01 2021 Belka Top.jpg

04 01 2021 Belka Top2.jpg

04 01 2021 Belka BS.jpg

PS - Happy birthday to Dad & Uncle Harold in Heaven.
What do I think? Wow that says it.
Beautiful girl my friend. Her colas look like 3 buds put together.
As far as chopping goes, no white pistols so she has to be close.
How do the trics look? Are you happy with their color?
We can't tell from pic.

What do I think? Wow that says it.
Beautiful girl my friend. Her colas look like 3 buds put together.
As far as chopping goes, no white pistols so she has to be close.
How do the trics look? Are you happy with their color?
We can't tell from pic.
Tell me more about tric colors please. I have been going by pistil color and waiting until they're about 80% colored over.
Also, these eyes are getting pretty old - magnifying glass recommendation?
The girls and I thank you @Bill284 !!

Tell me more about tric colors please. I have been going by pistil color and waiting until they're about 80% colored over.
Also, these eyes are getting pretty old - magnifying glass recommendation?
The girls and I thank you @Bill284 !!
What are you using to take pics? Do you have anything to get a closeup of the trics. I'll post a pic of what I use give me a second to find it.
I don't think you can go wrong with using pistol color on that girl as she looks done. I like my trichomes to get good and cloudy, with a touch of ambers mixed in. Ill post pic of that too.

What are you using to take pics? Do you have anything to get a closeup of the trics. I'll post a pic of what I use give me a second to find it.
I don't think you can go wrong with using pistol color on that girl as she looks done. I like my trichomes to get good and cloudy, with a touch of ambers mixed in. Ill post pic of that too.
Just the camera on the iPhone

Oh boy, another toy!! YAY!!

Sorry pics are on my phone and I had to switch devices.
Scope and pics.

D507309D-7DBD-48B1-A206-66AA24394B3F.png

6F25BACB-3D2D-4BE4-9C38-2D3C6D7CD143.png

2DDF0D98-866F-4763-B215-51E28EE4E45B.png
It hooks directly to your phone.
You set phone where you can see it. Then put scope to plant and hit button.
It’s foolproof for us old guys.

Back
Top Bottom