Ed's 12/12 Tent Version 3

Here is a photo of one of the two pest affected tents 12 days into treatment.
Taking the brunt of the attack is OG Kush left, less so with Space Cake right rear, and Opium front center.
That's mint in the corner, supposed to discourage pests, oh well, I like mint tea.
12 30 2022 pest affected tent Kush Space Cake and Opium.jpg

Top view of the OG Kush
12 30 2022 pest affected Kush 53 days top.jpg

Side view of top buds
12 30 2022 pest affected Kush 53 days top bud.jpg

Side view top buds
12 30 2022 pest affected Kush 53 days side bud.jpg

Full view
12 30 2022 pest affected Kush 53 days.jpg

Here is a photo of one of the two pest affected tents 12 days into treatment.
Taking the brunt of the attack is OG Kush left, less so with Space Cake right rear, and Opium front center.
That's mint in the corner, supposed to discourage pests, oh well, I like mint tea.
12 30 2022 pest affected tent Kush Space Cake and Opium.jpg

Top view of the OG Kush
12 30 2022 pest affected Kush 53 days top.jpg

Side view of top buds
12 30 2022 pest affected Kush 53 days top bud.jpg

Side view top buds
12 30 2022 pest affected Kush 53 days side bud.jpg

Full view
12 30 2022 pest affected Kush 53 days.jpg
So sorry about the pest issue Amigo.
Is that why they look hungry? :Namaste:
Happy new year my friend. :high-five:

#Vivosun #Love What You Grow
Bill284 :cool:

So sorry about the pest issue Amigo.
Is that why they look hungry? :Namaste:
Happy new year my friend. :high-five:

Yes I think so.
The trouble would have begun when in late Fox Farm Cha Ching period, low N to start with.
By the time I noticed, she was in pure water / flush stage last two weeks.
I broke down and gave her some higher N ferts, she is greening but not in time for harvest I think.

I decided to take this OG Kush one day early.
I'll be ditching her containers soil in case it's carrying mite eggs and give her former space a real good vacuuming.
I washed her, and am glad I did.
The remaining water was pretty gross.
12 31 2022 Washed Kush with water.jpg

Drip dry in the shower
12 31 2022 Washed Kush drying.jpg

Looks to be another good yielder :thumb:

I decided to take this OG Kush one day early.
I'll be ditching her containers soil in case it's carrying mite eggs and give her former space a real good vacuuming.
I washed her, and am glad I did.
The remaining water was pretty gross.
12 31 2022 Washed Kush with water.jpg

Drip dry in the shower
12 31 2022 Washed Kush drying.jpg

Looks to be another good yielder :thumb:
Congrats. :welldone:
Happy New Year my Friend. :high-five:

Overhead shot of the propagation zone currently housing Opium, Shoreline, Blueberry Muffin, Wappa, OG Kush and Space Cake.
01 03 2023 Propagation Zone.jpg
Looks like a well fed happy bunch. :thumb:
Nice garden. :welldone:

#VIVOSUN #Love What You Grow

I take it as a good sign that the Space Cake above, and just about everyone in the flowering tents are very quickly soaking up their waterings now.

No signs of pests on twack tests.

Shoreline, Opium and Space Cake look to be developing to the +100 gram level :thumb:

Coming into a two week harvest period commencing 1/15

Update on pests:

Discovered Monday 12/19, bombed each of the two tents + the veg corner.

Increase SNS pest control by 50% in waterings.

Daily 'heavy infestation' Neem application all plants.

Daily white paper thwack tests:

Tuesday:
Veg area: clean
Tent#2 Mars: dead spider mites, eggs
Tent#1: dead spider mites, eggs

Wednesday:
Tent#2 Mars: dead spider mites, eggs

Thursday:
Tent#2 Mars: dead spider mites, eggs, live mite

Closed tent, fans off, re-bomb Tent#2 Thursday.

Continue to monitor.
Pest issue update on 01 10

The best news is, the new girl since placed in the flowering tent shows ZERO sign of infestation.
:thumb:
The good news is, I've seen ZERO living critters checking all ladies daily with thorough thwack tests.
:cheesygrinsmiley:
The bad news is, I continue to find eggs on three of the remaining more mature six plants. The earliest of these three is due Sunday, with the next two the following Saturday. Hopefully at that point I can cease daily Neem applications. I think I will apply 1 extra room bug bomb this month, then hopefully go back to 1x a month prevention mode. When found, most of these egg infestations occur where the stem meets the leaves.

I am no spider mite expert, and I honestly hope not to have to become any more experienced.:sorry: It's looking like tireless, daily, all out assault is the only way to stop them. I feel they will be back until I see no eggs, so I will keep up the assault. I don't know when it will end, I hope soon.

On the bright side of the bad news, the eggs I am finding don't look 'viable'. Early in the infestation they were white. Now they're brown or browning. Hopefully a good sign.

Meanwhile, I expect to be bud washing at least the next seven ladies.

Lastly, my ass has broken yet another chair. This time, my favorite office chair. So, here precipitously but cautiously sit careful not to rock as I await delivery of it's replacement. The weld where the stem meets the chair base broke. A shame, the rest of the chair was well constructed and comfortable.

Pest issue update on 01 10

The best news is, the new girl since placed in the flowering tent shows ZERO sign of infestation.
:thumb:
The good news is, I've seen ZERO living critters checking all ladies daily with thorough thwack tests.
:cheesygrinsmiley:
The bad news is, I continue to find eggs on three of the remaining more mature six plants. The earliest of these three is due Sunday, with the next two the following Saturday. Hopefully at that point I can cease daily Neem applications. I think I will apply 1 extra room bug bomb this month, then hopefully go back to 1x a month prevention mode. When found, most of these egg infestations occur where the stem meets the leaves.

I am no spider mite expert, and I honestly hope not to have to become any more experienced.:sorry: It's looking like tireless, daily, all out assault is the only way to stop them. I feel they will be back until I see no eggs, so I will keep up the assault. I don't know when it will end, I hope soon.

On the bright side of the bad news, the eggs I am finding don't look 'viable'. Early in the infestation they were white. Now they're brown or browning. Hopefully a good sign.

Meanwhile, I expect to be bud washing at least the next seven ladies.

Lastly, my ass has broken yet another chair. This time, my favorite office chair. So, here precipitously but cautiously sit careful not to rock as I await delivery of it's replacement. The weld where the stem meets the chair base broke. A shame, the rest of the chair was well constructed and comfortable.
Did you fall right off and hit the floor? :rolleyes:
Hope your ok.
It's always something isn't it.:rofl:
Hopefully those brown eggs are a sign they have been killed.
Dam mites.
You must have a good scope to see the eggs.
Keep up the battle. :thumb:
Sounds like your winning.
Have a great day. :high-five:
Take care.

Did you fall right off and hit the floor? :rolleyes:
Hope your ok.
It's always something isn't it.:rofl:
Hopefully those brown eggs are a sign they have been killed.
Dam mites.
You must have a good scope to see the eggs.
Keep up the battle. :thumb:
Sounds like your winning.
Have a great day. :high-five:
Take care.

no I didn't fall, and haven't ... yet.

it is a 60x magnifier. I have to get right up on the stem to see them. they're about half as big as the critters previously found

Thanks for the encouragement, hope all is well, and take good care my friend

Lastly, my ass has broken yet another chair. This time, my favorite office chair. So, here I precipitously but cautiously sit careful not to rock as I await delivery of it's replacement. The weld where the stem meets the chair base broke. A shame, the rest of the chair was well constructed and comfortable.
01 11 2023 Chair assembly instructions.jpg

The replacement chair is in but even it's assembly instructions carry risk of serious injury or death.

Instructions are unclear as to the extent of the distance immediately around me that is dangerous, please approach with caution and wish me luck.

Sitting down now and so far so goo

Next up is a Blueberry Muffin, due in 4 days.

Here at 61 days flowering, with the last 28 days being in treatment for pests.

She's been clean of critters and eggs last 3 weeks. Still finding a stray egg here and there on neighbors 😳 but no one seems to be suffering as a result, fingers crossed. Did one last extra bomb last night, switching from daily blitzkrieg to previous normal prevention method ON BENDED KNEE.

01 17 2023 BBM bud2 61 days.jpg

01 17 2023 BBM bud1 61 days.jpg

01 17 2023 BBM 61 days.jpg

Back
Top Bottom