Canuk NL Autos & Lemon Pineapple Photoperiod Side-By-Side In Coco

This grow will feature Canuk Seeds Northern Lights Autos alongside a Lemon Pineapple Photoperiod
Northern Lights in coco pellets all sprouted 36-48hrs, no soaking, scratching, heating - nowt
The Lemon Pineapple was sprouted 1 Jan, topped at node 5 [I have rooted the top just for fun]
I have applied a touch of LST to widen the canopy and allow it to level off... ahem, well, a bit
I may just flower the Lemon Pineapple as is and grow the autos 12/12 which I've done before with no problems
Alternatively, I could clone the mother and veg the clones for a few more weeks, meaning the autos can benefit continued 18/6
canuk-NL-lemon-pineapple.jpg

Happy Growin
:hookah:

I sprinkled Blu Dream in the curry tonight, I'll apologise in advance lol
Gf is asleep on the sofa, so I read some journals and stuff
Wtf is all this ec ppm dli vpd nonsense? And charts??
It's a fucking plant, not rocket science
Why oh why do growers look at meters and charts instead of their plants?
Beam me up, Scottie 😎

OK, read some more... Bad idea right now
Sorry, but I think some folks are convinced into thinking that this or that scientific junk will make magic
It doesn't, just satisfies the feeling of wanting to do better than you didn't know what in the first place
Nb may contain stoned rantings
😎

OK, read some more... Bad idea right now
Sorry, but I think some folks are convinced into thinking that this or that scientific junk will make magic
It doesn't, just satisfies the feeling of wanting to do better than you didn't know what in the first place
Nb may contain stoned rantings
😎
I'll join you for some stone convo. I'm to chill for a rant but a chat's good.
I know what you mean about the following lol. My mind literally shuts down when I see it all and I skim to a post I can understand :rofl:
Wtf is all this ec ppm dli vpd nonsense? And charts??
I truly dk.

I am so far behind in journal reading. I've had a big deadline this week. Got some catching up to do here Roy :)

and grow the autos 12/12 which I've done before with no problems
Roy I have been chatting a bit about 12/12 with Tok. He has a plant finishing in 12/12 and it looks great. Tell me more please. As you may or may not know, I leave my lights on 24/0 to accommodate "loadshedding", which is intermittent and for different lengths of time each day, but I am wondering about dli and all that stuff. What can you tell me with this in mind?

Hi Carmen
I'll get back to you later when I've looked up what dli is ☺
I don't even know what it is, just that it's a thing lol. Basically, what I want to know is will my yield suffer if I move to 12/12 from 24/0?

I don't even know what it is, just that it's a thing lol. Basically, what I want to know is will my yield suffer if I move to 12/12 from 24/0?
Short answer, no
I'll explain later, I'm not at my desk right now

ta muchly, chat l8r
Once autos flower they are on genetic rails and will be whatever their genetics dictate using mostly the energy they have stored from vegging under any schedule, right down to 8hrs which is all they get naturally in some places so they will not even notice 24 to 12/12

Lemon Pineapple is showing lots of pre-flowers, so it looks like just flip the lot to 12/12 in a week or so
lemon-pineapple-before-flip.jpg

This plant has been subject to very low pH, my meter was out by about a point so when the reading was pH 5.8, it was actually closer to pH 4.8, locking out some major nutes
So you can see enough micros but a lack of NPK/CA
Rectified [stop sniggering at the back...]

1707091247677.png

Apparently - any the wiser?
My brain is fried Roy. I put all of this information in my first Vipar Spectra journal but do you think I can remember it. It's so flipping complicated because light is complicated and the measurements are complicated. That's why I follow a graph or the advice of an experienced mentor. I understand that it is all about giving the plant the correct amount of DLI but no, I am none the wiser. Maybe Gee man can explain the science to me. He's usually very good at making complicated stuff understandable to a layman. I'm going to try to find out and when I do, I will share that info with you.

There is no complicated stuff other than what marketing companies invented, measuring devices to tell you you're doing it wrong, and they have the solution for $99.99 and even then, it's confusing
I just grow it same as any other plant - if it looks good and green, it's fine and will be what it is

Anyway, this Lemon Pineapple photoperiod appears to be desperate to flower even under 18/6 - 16/8
I'm chucking the whole nute cupboard at it at the moment, but it refuses to be overfed
It currently has the water droop on, watering to run-off now to beef it up for flower

:morenutes:

Ended up with ten colas, bottom four are 'quadded' out
I've been using the same nutes for years, but I'm thinking they just don't cut it with modern LED lamps, so I'm switching to a different formula
We are at late veg so today I applied a flushing agent, then rinsed with tepid water
Should dry out by the time the new stuff gets here
Looking ok for now - Canuk NL seedlings are in bigger pots now too so will likely go for it in a week or so
DSC_3778.JPG

Back
Top Bottom