A Canuk Seeds Comparative Grow Ft. GG#4, Cement Shoes, Blue Dream, Purple Punch

Congrats on the harvests, Regrowth! I'm collecting the following info for each strain so when you get a chance, could you please give me the info I'm missing for each of your plants?

Regrowth's Numbers - April 2024.jpg

Thanks in advance.

I'm pretty sure he's not going to give yields we spoke about this earlier ,im not going to either unfortunately considering it's still illegal here and I'm not going to give them more evidence and an incentive 🤣

Germination DateNovember 4th
Bloom Date (12/12)January 16th

The first few weeks of growth was spent battling things like helmet head, dampening and gnat infestation.
Although true, it would be a bit of a stretch to say that the plants had a 10 week veg period.

Harvest Dates
March 27thDay 71Cement Shoes
April 1stDay 76Gorilla Glue (GG4)
April 5thDay 80Purple Punch
April 9th & 10thDay 85Blue Dream

The harvest dates and order were partially based on convenience.
For example the Purple Punch probably could've came down before the Gorilla Glue.
I wet trim so the trim dates coincide with the harvest dates.

The Cement Shoes has been in the fridge for two weeks and it'll be ready to bag soon.
I put a mini hygrometer inside the box and when it settles around 62, I take the box out of the fridge.
Within seconds, the RH usually climbs and I feel that's a good indicator that it needs more time still to stabilize.
Back in the fridge it goes or another option would be to just leave the box sit out for a few hours to settle.

As far as weights go, I wasn't going to bother checking but if I do, I'll let you know in 2-3 weeks when everything is dry.
I have a food scale, although I'm not sure if it's working or if it's very accurate.
My scale for weighing nutrients is cheap and only weighs up to an ounce at a time. Even less with a container on it.

Speaking of nutrients...

MegaCrop
Veg and early bloom: 1.5g/L
Mid bloom: 1.65g/L
Late bloom: 1.5g/L

From the 10th - Lowers from the Blue Dream.

20240410_000428.jpg

And a turkey sized milk bag stuffed full of larf and trim from this grow. Milk bags are a Canadian thing...
20240410_001914.jpg

Behold the glorious gift boxes and my empty fridge full of bud.
20240411_063129.jpg

I took the Cement Shoes out of the fridge earlier.
It came down on the 27th and dried for roughly 16 - 17 days.
When I opened the box, RH read as 55% and as usual, it quickly crept up to around 70%.
This time I let it sit on the counter with the lid on for an hour or two and it eventually read as 58%.
So the buds went from the boxes into a grove bag for the cure. The bag is now sitting at 60%.

In retrospect, had I done this yesterday I might've had it around 62% instead.
However chances are the RH will rise ever so slightly in the next few days.
Or I could always force it back up just to prolong the cure.
But if I timed it right I shouldn't need to burp the bag or dry any longer. 🤞

20240412_221232.jpg
20240412_222528.jpg

20240413_040902.jpg

Great tray of flowers, but that empty fridge is patiently waiting for the next harvest. :reading420magazine:

Great googly moogly! Whatcha gonna do with all that?

Had to look it up, but I feel like I would end up crying over spilled milk if I ever had to open one!
That empty fridge is patiently waiting for food. I'm hungry and not so patient. 😂
Yet I figure it would seem pretty full to a vegan. :yummy:
Thankfully there's food in the freezer part but that bag of trim is hogging space in there too.

I'll likely do a bubble hash run in a few weeks.
The return always seems lacking however and it's such a pain in the ass,
so I might try with dry ice for the first time if I can.

From the 10th - Lowers from the Blue Dream.

20240410_000428.jpg

And a turkey sized milk bag stuffed full of larf and trim from this grow. Milk bags are a Canadian thing...
20240410_001914.jpg

Behold the glorious gift boxes and my empty fridge full of bud.
20240411_063129.jpg

I took the Cement Shoes out of the fridge earlier.
It came down on the 27th and dried for roughly 16 - 17 days.
When I opened the box, RH read as 55% and as usual, it quickly crept up to around 70%.
This time I let it sit on the counter with the lid on for an hour or two and it eventually read as 58%.
So the buds went from the boxes into a grove bag for the cure. The bag is now sitting at 60%.

In retrospect, had I done this yesterday I might've had it around 62% instead.
However chances are the RH will rise ever so slightly in the next few days.
Or I could always force it back up just to prolong the cure.
But if I timed it right I shouldn't need to burp the bag or dry any longer. 🤞

20240412_221232.jpg
20240412_222528.jpg

20240413_040902.jpg
That is a hell of a hall! Excellent job sometimes I just look and don't post comments or whatever but them some beautiful flowers

I took the Purple Punch out of the fridge yesterday morning (20th) and the GG came out on the 15th.
There's just the Blue Dream left in there now and it should be ready to come out around the 25th.
These updates are probably repetitive or boring to some, so perhaps I'll just call this journal complete.
The Blue Dream will be the same process and would look pretty much the same on my shitty camera. 😅

If you haven't yet, I encourage you all to try drying in the fridge (low & slow).
It's especially nice if you battle low humidity conditions and want to extend your drying time.

If you're worried about mold or mildew, you can flip larger buds occasionally.
But these boxes are pretty much set and forget and shallow enough to not be an issue when crammed full.
Just to be safe, you can also dry anything big on a drying rack before putting it into the fridge - as I've done here.

I'm still playing with this no burping stuff and I might've pushed the PP a day too long. (15 days)
It will eventually bounce back like the others have but perhaps don't wait quite as long as I am.
This time, I threw a few fan leaves from the harvest into the bag to help add moisture back a bit faster.

Of course, for a traditional cure (with burping), take the buds out a few days earlier.
I'm pretty used to burping into the target range instead of aiming low and praying.
That's always taken me a few weeks longer but I think the general consensus is slower is better;
A better cure and better terpene retention.

However, perhaps there's convenience to speeding things along and not having to burp too.

Gorilla Glue
20240415_174331.jpg

20240415_174408.jpg
20240415_174421.jpg

Purple Punch

20240419_042029.jpg

20240419_042050.jpg

20240420_061840.jpg

That is a hell of a hall! Excellent job sometimes I just look and don't post comments or whatever but them some beautiful flowers
Of course from what I always see you always grow good flowers

Thanks, @marcus611a. I appreciate that and hope you had a good 420.

--------------------------------

Thanks everyone for stopping by and sharing the journey with me.
Thanks @Canuk Seeds and @420 for allowing me to showcase these wonderful genetics. Be well. :peace:

I took the Purple Punch out of the fridge yesterday morning (20th) and the GG came out on the 15th.
There's just the Blue Dream left in there now and it should be ready to come out around the 25th.
These updates are probably repetitive or boring to some, so perhaps I'll just call this journal complete.
The Blue Dream will be the same process and would look pretty much the same on my shitty camera. 😅

If you haven't yet, I encourage you all to try drying in the fridge (low & slow).
It's especially nice if you battle low humidity conditions and want to extend your drying time.

But these boxes are pretty much set and forget and shallow enough to not be an issue when crammed full.
Just to be safe, you can also dry anything big on a drying rack before putting it into the fridge - as I've done here.

I'm still playing with this no burping stuff and I might've pushed the PP a day too long. (15 days)
It will eventually bounce back like the others have but perhaps don't wait quite as long as I am.
This time, I threw a few fan leaves from the harvest into the bag to help add moisture back a bit faster.

Of course, for a traditional cure (with burping), take the buds out a few days earlier.
I'm pretty used to burping into the target range instead of aiming low and praying.
That's always taken me a few weeks longer but I think the general consensus is slower is better;

However, perhaps there's convenience to speeding things along and not having to burp too.

Gorilla Glue
20240415_174331.jpg

20240415_174408.jpg
20240415_174421.jpg

Purple Punch

20240419_042029.jpg

20240419_042050.jpg

20240420_061840.jpg

Thanks @Canuk Seeds and @420 for allowing me to showcase these wonderful genetics. Be well. :peace:

They're looking superb, nice work .

Gorilla Glue
20240415_174331.jpg

20240415_174408.jpg
20240415_174421.jpg

Purple Punch

20240419_042029.jpg

20240419_042050.jpg

20240420_061840.jpg

It’s a great looking 👀 collection of buds RG. Very nice work bro. CL🍀 :thumb: :welldone::bravo::drool:

Beautiful job Regrowth!

I'll have a cold one, please! :ganjamon:

Back
Top Bottom