Thirvnrob's Green Crack Indoor LOS Grow

Thirvnrob

I'm addicted to buying seeds...
I really need to write down the steps to starting a new journal, here we go...

Green Crack - I'm sure everyone knows the history of this strain, but here are the specifics from the supplier, 420:

Plant type40% indica 60% sativa
THCUp to 22%
CBDInsignificant amount
DifficultyModerate
ClimateIndoors | Mediterranean
Plant sizeTall
Vegetative stage4 to 8 weeks
Flowering time10 weeks
Yields18 to 20 oz per plant
Taste and SmellCitrus | Earthy | Fruity | Pine | Sweet
EffectsEnergetic | Euphoric | Happy | Uplifted
The feminized strain of marijuana known as Green Crack gives users a mental buzz while eliminating stress. It contains low CBD levels of 0.10% and very high levels of THC, reportedly up to 22%. However, users aren't left with a couch-lock high and can continue to remain focused throughout the day.

Green Crack Cannabis will leave you energized and focused with a steady and invigorating mental buzz that keeps you going throughout the day. Growing this marijuana strain is fairly easy in Mediterranean-like climates, and it can be cultivated both indoors and outdoors. Seeds grow into tall, high-yielding plants. Beginners will have no problem growing this strain of Cannabis.
Honestly, I've read a fair amount of conflicting information about the Sativa/Indica ratio, but I'm going with the breeder here as I like that ratio.

Medium:
I was early in the process of concocting The Rev's TLO 2.0 recipe when life intervened, so what I have mixed is:
Two parts FFOF
One part Worm Castings
One part 70/30 Coir/perlite mix

Presently, the babies are in quart containers, similar to a SIP, but I'm top watering for now, employing @Emilya Green 's watering techniques. She made a strong case for keeping the girls in fabric containers & watering them like she always did through veg & then transitioning to sips before flower.

I'm a rebel at heart - I germinated these seeds in the soil that they occupy at this very moment. I have no idea what lights I used for their first couple weeks above ground, but I'll take pictures & maybe someone will educate me.:passitleft:

My big boy lights: Two @marshydro FC3000
Should I return to open room growing, these lights have more than met my expectations, both in & out of tents. The both of the girls are under one FC3000 & just switched from 24/0 to 18/6 - right before I came across an article recommending leaving the lights on 24 hrs. daily through veg. What say my comrades?

Environment: Two possibilities. I have three tents, but I have both of the babies in one tent for now. I really don't like growing in tents. I'm not a young'un anymore & therefore not so flexible either. I completed a few grows in an open room with my lights hanging from the ceiling & they did pretty well, but I felt like I needed to contain the light, so I'm back in the tents. I can manage the temp & RH except when it's hot as f*** & the humidity is off the chain. The temp is more difficult to maintain in tents than in an open room situation. The RH is a different animal where I live - It often reaches 99% right before sunrise. I thought about getting me a big ol' dehuey. From who did I get that descriptive adjective? anyway, I think I'll just buy another one like I already have. Lastly, fungus gnats are abundant here - I was recently reminded of mosquito bits, bites & dunks, all of which I've used, but had forgotten about. I trust you'll all forgive the dangling participle...

Good Morning my friend. :ciao:
Hope it's a wonderful grow. :thumb:
I'm in.:high-five:

#VIVOSUN #Love What You Grow
Bill284 😎

I’m in, thanks for the invite.

right before I came across an article recommending leaving the lights on 24 hrs. daily through veg. What say my comrades?

18/6 or 16/8 is what I go with when it’s photoperiod seeds. There’s a lot of magic and recovery that happens during the dark hours. This is especially true if you’re trying for a more organic route. Photoperiod behavior is strongly influenced by the light and dark rhythms.

Autos are on their own timelines. The ruderalis originally comes from a place (Siberia) where light and dark periods are wonky and in some cases, dark isn’t seen for months, and vice versa. These types typically can benefit from a 24/0 more than others, especially on the limited grow time. At 10 weeks for a photo I’m typically in the middle of stretch while autos are finishing.

This is the basics of it.. there’s more complexity and nuance to it, and there are many growers that would love to debate my opinion on this. However it is my experience that photoperiod plants that have a 16/8, 18/6 schedule are much healthier, hardier, and produce higher quality than those under 24/0. It bears mentioning that I grow organic so this may also play a role in the utility of dark.

And here they are . They broke ground June 25th, three days after I dropped them in. Here they are under the aforementioned fluorescents. These are from July 1st & July 4th.
IMG_3181.jpeg
IMG_3185.jpeg
Here’s one from July 9th
IMG_3189.jpeg
And another from July 13th.
IMG_3198.jpeg
Loos like they’re going to grow differently from each other like the Sour D did…

She helps me defend the cultivation atmosphere, so she's important to the journal...
Then why can't I come inside?
IMG_3212.jpeg
For clarity, she’s welcome in the house, but not the shop, where the action is…

I up potted the girls today into what I’m told are 5 gallon fabric pots but I believe they’re closer to 4 gallons. Since I didn’t have time to build my soil properly I added FF Jump start fertilizer. Also added Dynamyco to the mix - first time using it. After the up potting was completed I watered in Great White, 1/2 tsp per gallon of distilled water. I also decapitated them & removed nodes 1&2. It took almost exactly two gallons to saturate both pots. The PPFD, DLI, PAR, VPD & the PHUKME are all within the suggested parameters. Here are some pics…
IMG_3217.jpeg
IMG_3219.jpeg
IMG_3220.jpeg
IMG_3218.jpeg
IMG_3221.jpeg
IMG_3222.jpeg

I up potted the girls today into what I’m told are 5 gallon fabric pots but I believe they’re closer to 4 gallons. Since I didn’t have time to build my soil properly I added FF Jump start fertilizer. Also added Dynamyco to the mix - first time using it. After the up potting was completed I watered in Great White, 1/2 tsp per gallon of distilled water. I also decapitated them & removed nodes 1&2. It took almost exactly two gallons to saturate both pots. The PPFD, DLI, PAR, VPD & the PHUKME are all within the suggested parameters. Here are some pics…
IMG_3217.jpeg
IMG_3219.jpeg
IMG_3220.jpeg
IMG_3218.jpeg
IMG_3221.jpeg
IMG_3222.jpeg

Those look like 5s.. in my experience, fabrics look smaller than plastics. It’s because they’re fabric and stretch a little when filled, plastics have no give.

Those look like 5s.. in my experience, fabrics look smaller than plastics. It’s because they’re fabric and stretch a little when filled, plastics have no give.
Thanks for easing my mind! I felt like the babies were big enough to skip the one gallon pots, plus we’re dirty from the last time I used them. Shame on me…

IMG_3217.jpeg
IMG_3219.jpeg
IMG_3220.jpeg
IMG_3218.jpeg
IMG_3221.jpeg
IMG_3222.jpeg
I do my best to not overthink things but most often, I fail at that endeavor. It’s been 2-1/2 days since I up potted the girls & I’m thinking they should’ve gotten a couple partial waterings before I saturated the pots. I’m notorious for doing something in the garden & & then researching whether it was the right thing to do. I belong to the ADHD fraternity too, @Keffka .

Anyway, my question is whether saturating the pots immediately after up potting was a mistake. I think it was.
@Emilya Green ?
I up potted on Sunday - I’m guessing it’ll take another couple days for them to dry the soil out. I feel like a partial watering tomorrow would be appropriate, but in a rare exhibition of common sense & forethought , I thought I might ask questions & then act…

Back
Top Bottom