Thirvnrob's Green Crack Indoor LOS Grow

I do my best to not overthink things but most often, I fail at that endeavor. It’s been 2-1/2 days since I up potted the girls & I’m thinking they should’ve gotten a couple partial waterings before I saturated the pots.

No need.. a good saturation after transplant helps establish/keep your watering cycle and helps get the microbes moving in their new environment. If they were overwatered before transplant then yeah a few partial waterings would be better but they look good as is.

You could benefit greatly from mulching your containers though, especially with fabrics.

No need.. a good saturation after transplant helps establish/keep your watering cycle and helps get the microbes moving in their new environment. If they were overwatered before transplant then yeah a few partial waterings would be better but they look good as is.

You could benefit greatly from mulching your containers though, especially with fabrics.
I wasn’t finished with that post, but was distracted by a conversation & accidentally posted it, but I edited it & reposted. Mulching is coming soon…
I specifically tagged Enmy, but I’d like to hear everyone’s opinions.
They were started in SIPs so I feel like they have the root specificity (I love hearing myself say shit like that) to handle being in saturated soil for a few days.

Random thoughts…
Since I started growing about 2-1/2 years ago I’ve learned things in bits & pieces. I’m thinking @Keffka can relate. I can only hyper focus on something or ignore it completely if left to my own devices. I’ve been medicated for it, but I was a zombie, almost literally. I couldn’t feel anything emotionally on those meds.
I’m here to tell you that the Sour Diesel from my last grow makes a difference in how my mind processes things. I try to grow hybrids that are roughly 60% Sativa dominant & they all help me focus on things, but I still hyper focus. Sour Diesel helps holds that tendency at bay. I’m hoping the Green Crack has that same effect.
I’m curious as to whether others with this affliction have had similar experiences.
For the record, I want to say that my youngest son was severely afflicted also & I have no regrets about having him medicated. I wasn’t about to let him grow up believing he was a brat. The thing I’m most proud of in my life is that I advocated for him when they wanted to kick him out of school at 7 years old. I was all too familiar with how embarrassing that was for him & I insisted they accommodate him just like they would any other kid with disabilities. Even his mother resisted having him treated - one would think the stigma would’ve been gone by then, but it wasn’t.I recognized there was a problem & I insisted on him being treated. From halfway through 2nd grade till he graduated, he was an honor roll student & is an accomplished musician with a bachelor’s degree in music production. End of that rant & on to the next…
I’m feeling overwhelmed. I’m at the threshold of moving into the next level of skill & knowledge- I feel like I have the basics down pretty well, but looking into the next chapter of this journey is intimidating. Anyone else experience that?

Hey, @Krissi Carbone , I’d love to have you along for this journal if you’re interested. @Buds Buddy I know you have your hands full, but if you have time to take a peek now & then, jump in!

When I wore a younger man’s clothes, I could build a house by myself & do everything except electrical & plumbing - but a DIY SIP intimidates me, so I just ordered a couple Earth Pots after seeing @StoneOtter ‘s setup.

Since the Green Crack can get pretty tall & these will be the biggest pots I’ve ever grown in, I think it might be a good idea to take them out of tents for an additional 2.5 feet of overhead space. I’m all ears if anyone has suggestions, questions or comments.

I think I’ll use my tents for mothers & baby clones & go back to flowering in the open room. You’ve probably heard me whine about growing in tents - I hate trying to work in them. Consider this another invitation for comment.
I plan on running them through a couple wet/dry cycles & then up potting them into either a 10 gallon fabric pot or straight into their final destination, the Earth Pots, which I assume to be around 15 gallon containers.
Chime in, my peoples!

Sorry for the gap in posting. I've been reading a few journals & asking questions. Man, I've been given a lot of information to digest - some or all of which I will attempt applying to this grow.
The girls are coming along, like they always do. My challenge is to keep them healthy through the flowering cycle. If I tagged you in this journal, it's because I've either seen you accomplish that or you've offered viable reasons for my plants being sickly for a couple weeks before harvest.
Determined to provide a sufficient quantity of soil to nourish a plant through fruition, I'm about to embark on growing in much larger containers than those to which I am accustomed (English is the only course I passed in all 12 years of school). But right now, they're coming along...
IMG-3232.jpg

I meant to also say that the girl on the left is growing the way I expected her to, but her sister is progressing more like an Indica. I wonder if I should feed them differently?

I meant to also say that the girl on the left is growing the way I expected her to, but her sister is progressing more like an Indica. I wonder if I should feed them differently?
Looking good my friend.
Same strain I'd run them the same.
If she really gets going in a different direction sure.
But same high quality nutrients for each of them for now is fine.
Take care.

#VIVOSUN #Love What You Grow
Bill284 😎

Howdy I'd like to get in my 2 cents in On the green Kush because I do that one to !
You do it right it'll turn out GREAT mine do👍. I don't do anything special just Alot of LOVE and Attention in a grass roots bed with blumat dripper hoses and carrots with a consistent soil tension between 80/120 mb in organic homemade regenerated 3.5 years on this soil.
For lights on 18 on 6 off led for veg LEC for late veg Early flower and Sodium for late flower I don't do autos I don't think they are worth the effort for yeild and if I want to keep it because it grew FAB I can't !
You can reveg and a plant for up to 3 times it's benefits you because imo when you buy beans even like a 10 pk of all the same strain not all grow the same way certain ones you want as a mother if you like it and it's a STRONG grower!
Green Kush aka Green Crack is the plant in the first picture in late flower in my basement grow and then after harvest and then same plant reveged and put outside to get clones I'll treat it for insects and and give it another good look over for mildew and shit (usually once outside it stays out)and then get another harvest in the fall so that will be 2 harvest's off 1 plant
The other 2 pics are after I put it back under 18 hrs well outside I'll usally do it indoors but I wanted to save a little cash on beans for outside this year all 4 pictures are the same plant I harvested it in early may usually I try to get that done by Apr so I can put the ones I like outside for a second harvest in the fall but it all takes patience and some work but for me it worth it 👍

IMG_20230609_162938.jpg

IMG_20230612_115914.jpg

IMG_20230715_133733.jpg

IMG_20230722_091224.jpg

I had a rare opportunity to make some cash & I had to jump on it. We worked long and unusual hours, but I got paid really well to teach a group of guys working for a family member the basics of framing.
I was able to tend my garden though & get some good pics.

I finally added some mulch that consists of about 50% dried leaves from my last grow & 50% coir
IMG_3253.jpeg

I’ve been trying to follow @Emilya Green ’s watering protocol, but these girls are on their own schedule. They’ve been drying out their pots in two days, so I feel like partial waterings are no longer fruitful. My plan has been to finish them in 10 gallon bags & I think it’s time to up pot them now. My intention from the start is always to build a good root ball & apparently that has happened. They’ve had two myco drenches & I top dressed them a few days ago with Gaia Green 444 & will do that again a week or so before I flip. I’m hoping the tents I have will be vertically sufficient, as I’m leaning towards scrogging them. I’m hoping to keep them short and wide. I plan to flip after two weeks in the ten gallon bags, but again, they’re not following my schedule at all…
I broke one of the main colas on the bushy one. I’ve done this before. The first time it happened I had a meltdown & then discovered it could be repaired & I did that & all was well. The next time it happened I had a meltdown when I realized it couldn’t be fixed. When I discovered this one today, I said “damn”, snipped it off & started tending to what’s left. I see it as a lesson learned & keep it moving. Pics coming up…

Before & after defoliating the bushy one today. She’s the one who’s main cola was broken. She’ll be fine. I tied a few shoots down & did some selective super cropping
IMG_3285.jpeg
IMG_3291.jpeg
She took a gallon of water today.
IMG_3292.jpeg
IMG_3293.jpeg

This one seems very independent, like she wants to be left alone. I have no idea what makes me feel that way, but I do. She has a beauty appointment tomorrow…

IMG_3270.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom