Thirvnrob's Canuck Seeds Double Chocolate/Acapulco Gold Comparative Grow

Thirvnrob

I am sliding in under the wire! Sorry to be tardy, but life has had me on a steady diet of curve balls lately. Enough about that - I'm ready to do this.
First, I want to thank @Canuk Seeds for the opportunity to showcase their product.
And now I'll introduce the subjects. First up is Acapulco Gold FEM Elite.
1703053150913.png

Her genetics may be shrouded in mystery, but Acapulco Gold is a celebrity cannabis strain rooted in cannabis culture.

This mostly sativa hybrid is considered a landrace strain as it's indigenous to Acapulco, Mexico. Cannabis seeds like these used to be hard to find, so we are stoked at having them in our roster.

Flowering between 10-11 weeks, she produces dense buds that are light green in colour, coated in fiery trichomes, and drenched in frosty THC-rich trichomes.

Acapulco Gold has impressive THC levels (around 19%) and yields (up to 500g/m2).

She boasts an intense citrus and lemon aroma and flavour with hints off sweetness.

Expect a cerebral experience with happy, euphoric, uplifting, and creative effects.

Next up is Double Chocolate Feminized
1703053682028.png

Double Chocolate
is one sweet sativa cannabis strain.

She produces uplifting cerebral effects leaving you feeling uplifted and motivated.

With chocolate, coffee, and fruity notes, this Double Chocolate is one tasty feminized cannabis strain.

Canuk Seeds’ Double Chocolate has an impressive THC content between 21-26% and yields 400-450 g/m2 of chocolaty goodness.

By crossing Coco Melon and OG Chocolate Thai, this strain has double the flavors and aromas of its parental varieties.

Medium: The Rev's TLO soil 2.0
Grow Space: 10'x11' Open Room
Light: Mars Hydro FC1000

Grow space is equipped with a humidifier, dehumidifier, heater & a Fire Extinguisher (thanks for the suggestion @Bill284 ).

I'm at a point in my gardening experience where my growth is slowing because I'm continuously exposed to more advanced theories & techniques. I've got the basics down, but the science behind living organic soil is what has my attention now & that's gonna be a longer learning curve for me. I hope I live long enough to at least halfway figure it out:bongrip::laughtwo:. Anyway, I'm gonna tag a bunch of my growmies (sorry, I couldn't resist). And the nominees for most helpful @420Magazine members are:
@StoneOtter @InTheShed @Keffka @Gee64 @Emilya Green @seaofgreen18 @013 @Krissi Carbone @Trala

The grow is well underway. I'll be posting pics shortly...

I am sliding in under the wire! Sorry to be tardy, but life has had me on a steady diet of curve balls lately. Enough about that - I'm ready to do this.
First, I want to thank @Canuk Seeds for the opportunity to showcase their product.
And now I'll introduce the subjects. First up is Acapulco Gold FEM Elite.
1703053150913.png

Her genetics may be shrouded in mystery, but Acapulco Gold is a celebrity cannabis strain rooted in cannabis culture.

This mostly sativa hybrid is considered a landrace strain as it's indigenous to Acapulco, Mexico. Cannabis seeds like these used to be hard to find, so we are stoked at having them in our roster.

Flowering between 10-11 weeks, she produces dense buds that are light green in colour, coated in fiery trichomes, and drenched in frosty THC-rich trichomes.

Acapulco Gold has impressive THC levels (around 19%) and yields (up to 500g/m2).

She boasts an intense citrus and lemon aroma and flavour with hints off sweetness.

Expect a cerebral experience with happy, euphoric, uplifting, and creative effects.

Next up is Double Chocolate Feminized
1703053682028.png

Double Chocolate
is one sweet sativa cannabis strain.

She produces uplifting cerebral effects leaving you feeling uplifted and motivated.

With chocolate, coffee, and fruity notes, this Double Chocolate is one tasty feminized cannabis strain.

Canuk Seeds’ Double Chocolate has an impressive THC content between 21-26% and yields 400-450 g/m2 of chocolaty goodness.

By crossing Coco Melon and OG Chocolate Thai, this strain has double the flavors and aromas of its parental varieties.

Medium: The Rev's TLO soil 2.0
Grow Space: 10'x11' Open Room
Light: Mars Hydro FC1000

Grow space is equipped with a humidifier, dehumidifier, heater & a Fire Extinguisher (thanks for the suggestion @Bill284 ).

I'm at a point in my gardening experience where my growth is slowing because I'm continuously exposed to more advanced theories & techniques. I've got the basics down, but the science behind living organic soil is what has my attention now & that's gonna be a longer learning curve for me. I hope I live long enough to at least halfway figure it out:bongrip::laughtwo:. Anyway, I'm gonna tag a bunch of my growmies (sorry, I couldn't resist). And the nominees for most helpful @420Magazine members are:
@StoneOtter @InTheShed @Keffka @Gee64 @Emilya Green @seaofgreen18 @013 @Krissi Carbone @Trala

The grow is well underway. I'll be posting pics shortly...
Hopefully you never need it.
But it's freeken vital when you do.
Hope it goes well my friend, looks good. :bravo:

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

I'm having some difficulty with uploading my pics - I've had this problem before & as soon as I remember how I corrected it I'll put some more up. I did manage to get this one to cooperate. This was the day they popped, Nov.20. You might have to zoom in to see them. Acapulco Gold on the left & double chocolate on the right. The AG on the far left is barely above the soil - poor thing was born with no cotyledons so she lagged behind for a week or so, but as usual the runt of the litter is out pacing the others.

IMG_4061 (1).jpg

Transplant day, 14 days above soil - pretty good root systems for that amount of time. I was waiting for one more of the square containers, but it's on backorder from the factory, so the runt gets a 5 gal sip. I'll probably start flowering her a couple weeks before the others.
IMG_4105.jpg
IMG_4106.jpg

This was yesterday. As you can see, The Double Chocolate appear to have stalled. They were pretty wilted a few days ago, so I watered them from the top. I'm not sure their pots are wicking properly. Gardner error? I might have packed the soil to tightly around the wicking chambers...
IMG_4122.jpg
IMG_4124.jpg
IMG_4125.jpg

What’s your calmag situation? You were showing signs of Mag issues and wilting can often be caused by calcium. Are you feeding extra calmag some way? I know in the SIPs @StoneOtter needed extra calmag with the TLO recipes

I read that entry in Otter's journal. I've been giving them 1tsp per gallon of water every time I've given them water although they're not taking much right now.
Your thoughts?
Thanks for stopping by!

I did a light defoliation on the Acapulco Gold yesterday & just some leaf tucking on the Double Chocolate. Not much difference, but here's before & after. Hope the DC perk up soon...

IMG_4137.jpg
IMG_4135.jpg
IMG_4136.jpg
IMG_4138.jpg

Back
Top Bottom