Stocking Up For The Apocalypse: Goody's Perpetual Grow By The Beach 2020

Weird with the skinny Dr S, and I probably picked mine a little early because it just felt heavy and done. It’s great, but the next one I’m letting it finish until those trichomes are dark! And yeah if I run out, super easy to get CBD smoke now. I’ll bring you a few samples of things when I see you next weekend.
When I grew Dr. S I was told not to let the trichomes amber. CBD apparently breaks down quicker than THC

When I grew Dr. S I was told not to let the trichomes amber. CBD apparently breaks down quicker than THC
I was told the same. I harvested the last batch a bit early and it was probably about the right time to get max CBD.
This next one I kind of want the THC to maybe shine through a tad more, and possibly get more sleepy effect in general from the Dr.
Plus the last plant finished early, possibly from overfeeding. I’d like to at least get this one a few weeks further along and reap that period of bulking up. After this, @carcass and I will be doing those in autos, and see how they compare. His 3 CBD family is going to pump out some pretty big #s, he’s going to need another fridge just for gummies and drying.

I was thinking about "ripeness"-I may chop the small buds semi-early for "no buzz" cbd gummies, and let the big colas go long enough to see some amber- then I'll have six weeks to decide how/what I'll do with the 2 clones...
After this, @carcass and I will be doing those in autos,
If the autos grow anything like the photos, that's gonna be a fun grow!

I’ve started doing the fridge drying since it did so well for the Wedding cheesecake. This GelatOG is drying really nicely and I am really loving this method.
This 860 Grams went into 3 different bags on 9/3. Nothing special just grocery bags that are easy to shake and weigh.
10158409-FFE4-4807-98F6-0FC4DD3B7054.jpeg

The temp fluctuates anywhere between 37-45F, and RH stays around 45-50.
Today the weight is 301 grams total. It lost about 32 grams since yesterday and is slowing down. It should be ready to jar by the weekend. I love the way it keeps the flower dense and perfectly pulls the moisture out at just the right pace.
0E76D268-A4B5-4EE3-8805-3541C7C0FFF4.jpeg

I switch out grocery bags around day 5 because they get kind of beat up from shaking them several times per day. The rest of the ride is a bit less of a burden as they lose the last of their moisture and require less attention.
Slow and Low is the way to go.

I’ve started doing the fridge drying since it did so well for the Wedding cheesecake. This GelatOG is drying really nicely and I am really loving this method.
This 860 Grams went into 3 different bags on 9/3. Nothing special just grocery bags that are easy to shake and weigh.
10158409-FFE4-4807-98F6-0FC4DD3B7054.jpeg

The temp fluctuates anywhere between 37-45F, and RH stays around 45-50.
Today the weight is 301 grams total. It lost about 32 grams since yesterday and is slowing down. It should be ready to jar by the weekend. I love the way it keeps the flower dense and perfectly pulls the moisture out at just the right pace.
0E76D268-A4B5-4EE3-8805-3541C7C0FFF4.jpeg

I switch out grocery bags around day 5 because they get kind of beat up from shaking them several times per day. The rest of the ride is a bit less of a burden as they lose the last of their moisture and require less attention.
Slow and Low is the way to go.
Have you only tried it with bags? I did one plant slow and low in racks and came out good, but I see alot of folks do the bag in the fridge. It was nice opening the fridge and seeing some buds laying there when grabbing a beer ha.

Have you only tried it with bags? I did one plant slow and low in racks and came out good, but I see alot of folks do the bag in the fridge. It was nice opening the fridge and seeing some buds laying there when grabbing a beer ha.
Only with bags so far. Once the outdoor plants are done I’m considering laying them out on the racks instead, I think I’ll need the space to be better utilized.
Still kind of messing with it, and the bags are a nice buffer zone that take up part of the moisture.
This way of drying is starting to look superior (and even more predictable/safe) than hang drying.

Only with bags so far. Once the outdoor plants are done I’m considering laying them out on the racks instead, I think I’ll need the space to be better utilized.
Still kind of messing with it, and the bags are a nice buffer zone that take up part of the moisture.
This way of drying is starting to look superior (and even more predictable/safe) than hang drying.
Huge difference in smell and taste to my fridge dried buds versus hang dried.

I’m going to do one last update for these outdoor ladies. At least 2 of them will be chopped next Wednesday (I leave Thursday for a little vacation) depending on the rain forecast for while I’m gone I may just chop them all. If it’s sunny like this week I’m happy to let them go as long as they want. All plants currently getting 6g/G MegaCrop, 1g/G sweet candy, 3ml/G silica blast, 1 ml/G terpinator daily.
The turtle boat plant is still keeping up and looks to be finishing with the rest of them
6ADCAE79-FFCA-493A-B08B-A8BEDEB26543.jpeg

I just keep adding water and 6g MC to its container. It’s still putting out new roots.

The really tall LRx that was affected by stem mold has not lost any flower on those branches since treatment. It lost a few random tiny buds to rot from some sort of tiny moth caterpillar I just found. The goldfish love caterpillars ;)
The plant itself is beautiful and is getting a few purple leaves now, while it’s sister has a bit of purple in the flower.
3CBB152A-B909-4C17-B68D-A9E075BADAB5.jpeg

27E6527C-BC1C-41E2-9649-D716695AC316.jpeg

Her shorter fatter sister, 6 more days to go. You should really be here to smell this.
8BF6DF89-CD6D-41EB-8FF9-2A394CE527F6.jpeg

The surprising GG#4 by the beach is really in high gear this week. Sweet smelling and very thirsty.
85E49C25-F9D0-4621-B49B-D38E28166521.jpeg

While I was taking this pic I witnessed a predator wasp eating a housefly, which I’m totally ok with. Was hard to get close for the right angle but it was an ugly struggle
9AF09ECB-94DE-4731-94D8-A2B1AED5C9D2.jpeg

And finally the big GG4 which needs a few weeks still. If she gets the sun she wants, this yield is going to be huge. Only time will tell.
8F95343F-F10E-466C-820F-DB64FCFAB801.jpeg

The next update on most of these will be with the chainsaw running next week.

Careful now, saying "you should be here to smell these plants" sure sounds like an invite. I may take you up on it and see the Casa de Cannabis and smoke one with that sunrise haha

I’m going to do one last update for these outdoor ladies. At least 2 of them will be chopped next Wednesday (I leave Thursday for a little vacation) depending on the rain forecast for while I’m gone I may just chop them all. If it’s sunny like this week I’m happy to let them go as long as they want. All plants currently getting 6g/G MegaCrop, 1g/G sweet candy, 3ml/G silica blast, 1 ml/G terpinator daily.
The turtle boat plant is still keeping up and looks to be finishing with the rest of them
6ADCAE79-FFCA-493A-B08B-A8BEDEB26543.jpeg

I just keep adding water and 6g MC to its container. It’s still putting out new roots.

The really tall LRx that was affected by stem mold has not lost any flower on those branches since treatment. It lost a few random tiny buds to rot from some sort of tiny moth caterpillar I just found. The goldfish love caterpillars ;)
The plant itself is beautiful and is getting a few purple leaves now, while it’s sister has a bit of purple in the flower.
3CBB152A-B909-4C17-B68D-A9E075BADAB5.jpeg

27E6527C-BC1C-41E2-9649-D716695AC316.jpeg

Her shorter fatter sister, 6 more days to go. You should really be here to smell this.
8BF6DF89-CD6D-41EB-8FF9-2A394CE527F6.jpeg

The surprising GG#4 by the beach is really in high gear this week. Sweet smelling and very thirsty.
85E49C25-F9D0-4621-B49B-D38E28166521.jpeg

While I was taking this pic I witnessed a predator wasp eating a housefly, which I’m totally ok with. Was hard to get close for the right angle but it was an ugly struggle
9AF09ECB-94DE-4731-94D8-A2B1AED5C9D2.jpeg

And finally the big GG4 which needs a few weeks still. If she gets the sun she wants, this yield is going to be huge. Only time will tell.
8F95343F-F10E-466C-820F-DB64FCFAB801.jpeg

The next update on most of these will be with the chainsaw running next week.
Those are some saucy lasses in a Yuban dress!

This Purple Lemonade seedling is up and about, adjusting nicely.
693BACC1-465A-4075-86BE-90E5BDFB7AA0.jpeg

And in the next tent, our visitor is still hanging around watching me and everything else.
full
That's too cool I gota get one of those guys

I used the infused CBD oil today and made gummies, mostly for the GF and family that prefer medicine rather than high.

After decarbing in the oven and infusing the oil in the magical butter machine I’m ready to go- I’m using the recipe given to me by @carcass and I added a few details and the pics.
Follow along if you want

You'll need:
1 pkg sugar free jello mix (0.6 oz size)
1pkg regular (with sugar) jello mix (3 oz size)
2 packets plain gelatin
1/4 cup light corn syrup
1/4 cup water
1/2 cup infused oil (1900mg CBD, 100mg THC)
Gummy molds
Spatula or similar
Whisk or large spoon
A glove for heat
A funnel
A container to squeeze the mixture into the molds (ketchup bottle or similar)
Silicon is awesome for all of the tools.

Put all the dry ingredients in a pan, add the water and corn syrup.
Heat it on medium low heat, stirring constantly, until it just starts to boil around the edges.

All the powdered stuff should be well dissolved before adding the oil.
E94CD05D-71A4-4343-A305-42C2B2911629.jpeg

Add the oil and keep stirring till it just starts to boil again, then remove from the heat.
9A0584E9-0125-4F3B-B64B-5DC28C7E1F6B.jpeg

At this point, you might say "this shit aint working-the oil is just floating on top"

So, to remedy this, you keep stirring while the mixture cools just a little- as it cools it will thicken up a bit,
and the oil will start to mix in if it hasn’t already.

Once all the oil is mixed in, it's time to make some gummies...

Now, you need to hurry just a little so it doesn't set up before you get it into the molds.
6292ADE2-76DD-43F0-B860-F6BF57374841.jpeg

Pour the mix through a funnel into a squirt bottle (put a glove on, it's hot)
93975958-6DD3-42EA-B6F7-6FBC3BA482E4.jpeg

Fill your gummy molds
A0C70B35-3C30-4245-8017-31A0EC80FDDC.jpeg

There will be some of the mixture stuck in the squirt bottle and in the pan- you can either just wash it out, or you can eat it for a nice buzz- just don't eat too much-

Put the gummies in the freezer to cool and solidify.
After they set up, pop them out of the molds into a tupperware container, or anything with a lid that seals.

You can store them at room temp, but they get a little oily , so I keep them in the freezer.

Servings vary because of mold sizes.
This batch I made 16 large square gummies that are around 35mg each and 75 leaf gummies that are just under 20mg each.
I love this recipe it’s easy and fast.

Good luck in your kitchens and don’t be afraid to try things, it’s the best way to learn!

Great pics to go with the directions!
One thing I do differently now that I learned from @BeezLuiz in his thread- I leave them in the fridge overnight spread out on a cookie sheet- this dries them out just a little so they don't stick together(as much) in their final container.
Actually,MrsC lets them dry out for a day or two out of the freezer before she eats them- she likes 'em a bit more "chewy" :)

Great pics to go with the directions!
One thing I do differently now that I learned from @BeezLuiz in his thread- I leave them in the fridge overnight spread out on a cookie sheet- this dries them out just a little so they don't stick together(as much) in their final container.
Actually,MrsC lets them dry out for a day or two out of the freezer before she eats them- she likes 'em a bit more "chewy" :)
I like to leave them in the molds overnight too and they are way easier to pop out. Thanks for the recipe, works like a charm every time!

Back
Top Bottom