Happy Bday's DAB! I hope you both have a great time!
Thanks, MrSauga! Welcome to The Stand!

It was a great weekend out in the hot sun, may have put a dent in the pink lemonade stash (which is curing so good by the way. One jar is giving off a scent of freshly baked cookies now) Alas, we survived, and today is back to reality!

What’s up dab!
I’ve been lurking around here for a while, just checking out your reversal attempts. I gotta ask, what brand of cs are you using and what ppm is it? Cause I’ve attempted 4 reversals and gotten pollen sacs every time. One of those reversals the pollen sacs were way too late to make seeds on any plants, but the pollen was still viable. Let me know.

PS I also just picked up a pink lemonade auto, very excited to grow it. I saw GDB grow an awesome one too.

Hey Chef, I'm curious about what was ppm of the CS you used to successfully get pollen sacs?
Because I tried this on 4 plants of my last grow with 24ppm but it didn't work. Even though I sprayed up to 4 - 6 times a day on 3 of the plants, I saw no sign of any change. My CS was homemade (I have a proper CS machine so no crud just nice clean CS). For your successes, how often were you spraying? I started spraying up to 2 weeks before pistils showed and still nothing. I even tried pricking with a pin around the nodes where I was spraying but nothing. Anyway, I am interested how your approach was since it was successful, and in what Dutch's experience was too.

Hey Chef, I'm curious about what was ppm of the CS you used to successfully get pollen sacs?
Because I tried this on 4 plants of my last grow with 24ppm but it didn't work. Even though I sprayed up to 4 - 6 times a day on 3 of the plants, I saw no sign of any change. My CS was homemade (I have a proper CS machine so no crud just nice clean CS). For your successes, how often were you spraying? I started spraying up to 2 weeks before pistils showed and still nothing. I even tried pricking with a pin around the nodes where I was spraying but nothing. Anyway, I am interested how your approach was since it was successful, and in what Dutch's experience was too.
Hey stunger

I’ve used 50ppm and 100ppm. The 100ppm did more damage to the plant than I was really comfortable with, but worked extremely well. The 50ppm worked less well, but is very gentle on the plants. I also don’t spray, I paint it on with a brush, cause I find it’s a waste of cs putting it on the leaves. It only needs to be applied to the branch itself and all of the growth coming off of that branch.

with 100ppm CS you can get away with just treating once a day at lights off. With 50ppm CS it’s better to treat at lights on and lights off.

Thanks for calling in, all. We’ve been enjoying the heat wave here at home for the past week, and have not been online much. I hope to have some time to myself this evening when I can catch up on everyone’s journals and happenings!

I’m sorry I missed it, happy belated bdays to the DABs!! :cheer: Glad you had a nice weekend. You make me so excited to grow my lemonade, even though I didn’t buy the right one.:thumb:
Thank you, Heavenly! It was a wonderful birthday weekend. You will do wonders with that Barney’s Lemonade, I’m looking forward to it!
what brand of cs are you using and what ppm is it?
Hiya, Cheffrey! It’s the Silverwings 50ppm;
598BB130-1365-4089-B8EF-F40C0F427ACF.png

I have my next attempt at reversing with it moved to flower last weekend, they have had three weeks of treatment twice a day prior to flip, I’m hoping this does the trick.

PS I also just picked up a pink lemonade auto, very excited to grow it. I saw GDB grow an awesome one too.
Yes! She is a fun plant to grow, and it seems to be getting even better with the cure. I’ve mentioned before one jar in particular has a fresh baked cookies aroma, it is going down faster than the rest. I have no idea how that would have happened though, all the jars are from the same plant, and dried together on the rack, and got scrambled up in a turkey bag for a week. A pleasant surprise.
Thanks for that Chef, that's interesting, using a brush instead of spraying makes sense, food for thought!
The brush is much more time consuming, but the spray does not last long at all, it gets everywhere you don’t want it to, lol! How long does it take to create a batch in the CS machine?

How long does it take to create a batch in the CS machine?
It depends on what I set it to, my machine can do different quantities and strengths, I usually do a 5 litre batch but if 5 litres takes 2.5 hours then I guess if I only did a litre batch it would be about 30 minutes.

The problem is that if CS is made much greater than 20ppm it becomes too concentrated and it begins to clump up and fall out of solution. I once tried doing a run of about 35ppm and the colloidal particles clumped together so much you could see them whirling around in the solution like glitter, and the inside of the jar became 'silvery'. However if CS is made with a process that 'caps' the colloidal particles to make them less attractive to one another then I understand it can be made up to over 300ppm and still remain in colloidal suspension, which is something I haven't tried yet, but may do next time unless I change to exploring STS or something else.

If I try CS again, I will try applying it like you did with a brush.

Hey Dutchin!
:ciao: Hi Otter, glad to hear from you. How have you been!?
Hey! It’s DAB!! Good to see ya buddy! :party:
:ciao: And likewise to see you, HH!! Did you end up running that lemonade you picked up?
New phone who dis?
It is I! And happy belated birthday, Shed!

Hello 420 family! I took myself a bit of a social media break last summer and through the winter and it was grand! Not much has been happening in the grow rooms since the last report…. Harvested the Blueberry Auto which ended up with more mould than I’d like to admit. (Lost all of the top flower to it). If you remember we tried it in the greenhouse last summer, which gave us surprisingly cool nights, which would mean higher humidity. VERY high humidity. It was left to its own devices (no fans or de-hueys) and so lesson learned, no more bud without additional measures in the greenhouse.

I do not have anything growing at the moment, but I have been wondering how things have been in the 420 magazine world and thought it was time to check in. Needless to say I am so far behind in everyone’s journals, and will try to drop in on everyone throughout the week.

:ciao: Hi Otter, glad to hear from you. How have you been!?

:ciao: And likewise to see you, HH!! Did you end up running that lemonade you picked up?

It is I! And happy belated birthday, Shed!

Hello 420 family! I took myself a bit of a social media break last summer and through the winter and it was grand! Not much has been happening in the grow rooms since the last report…. Harvested the Blueberry Auto which ended up with more mould than I’d like to admit. (Lost all of the top flower to it). If you remember we tried it in the greenhouse last summer, which gave us surprisingly cool nights, which would mean higher humidity. VERY high humidity. It was left to its own devices (no fans or de-hueys) and so lesson learned, no more bud without additional measures in the greenhouse.

I do not have anything growing at the moment, but I have been wondering how things have been in the 420 magazine world and thought it was time to check in. Needless to say I am so far behind in everyone’s journals, and will try to drop in on everyone throughout the week.
Hey Dutch, nice to have you back. I'm glad you enjoyed a great break. A bummer about losing Blueberry buds to mould, at least you gained a learning from it.

Hey Dutch, nice to have you back. I'm glad you enjoyed a great break. A bummer about losing Blueberry buds to mould, at least you gained a learning from it.
Stunger!! Good to see some familiar names again! How has this grow season treated you? Last I remember your cob cure was nearing completion?
Been good! Nothing this second growing but in a few days I'll have a new start
I’m with ya there, have you got anything in mind to run?
Just hanging out here trying to retain any sanity I have left.
Aren’t we all!!

Did you end up running that lemonade you picked up?
Nice memory DAB, but not yet. I took a few month break too and then started back with a few autos. It is on my short list, although at this point, its becoming a not so short list. :D

Back
Top Bottom