Strawberry Lemonade BF: Organic Outside Inside

Autofacade

Hi everyone,
Thanks for stopping by.
So I've decided that I want to make the most of the UK weather this year which seems to be full of sun for once. My tent is currently full with my purple punch but why waste the opertunity to use the sun and outdoors as a brilliant veg tent. The plan is as follows.....

Using a secret location I made outside in the wild last year, I am going to veg 8 strawberry lemonade plants from barneys farm. Last year I was able to grow trees outside but the weather turned nasty and all my hard work went down the pan. So ill be using the outside as a veg space, keeping them small and training the hell out of them to make some super squat bushes ready for a flower tent. Ive heard people veg indoors and flower out so why not the other way round. Ill be submerging 56ltr fabric pots filled with organic amended soil 3/4 into the ground so they stay moist whilst outside. Once the purple punch has finished these girls will go straight in. If I've worked it out correctly they should come in at the end of August. Just before the light dips down too low and starts the flowering. I should be able to veg them for 12 weeks! Let's hope I can keep them small enough!

I'm hoping this will work!
The picture of my spot ive only just started clearing from last year so forgive the mess!

Attachments

• 20200607_194508.jpg
    20200607_194508.jpg
    755.8 KB · Views: 113
  • 20200607_194836.jpg
    20200607_194836.jpg
    873.4 KB · Views: 110
Hey auto!
Been taking an interest in outdoor grows...ill check this one out too!
Hey man! Your becoming a follower haha! More than welcome mate!

I would be concerned with bringing pest back inside, but I dont know much anyway. Best of luck with your grow
Your spot on with your train of thoughts and something that crossed my mind. I'm planning scheduled neem spraying every week and before they get to my tent for flowering a week of quarantine with soap treatments and friendly predator mites. Hopefully that will stop pests becoming a problem

Yo @Kimber015 my man! Sorry bro been so busy concentrating on the purple punch that the strawberry lemonade has gone a bit wayward.

On the update they are doing great from the last time I saw them. All into there final containers outside, a little early but just before the 30°c days we had a couple weeks back.
We submerged there pots a good 3/4 into the ground in the hope they would retain some of the moisture from the surrounding ground and keep them watered, reducing the amount of time we had to go to them. Here's a pic of them all snuggled in. Ill get some update photos today ;)

Attachments

• 20200625_214242.jpg
    20200625_214242.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 101
  • 20200625_214242.jpg
    20200625_214242.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 89
Looking great. :thumb: Did you have to clear a lot of vegetation to make that spot? It looks like you did!
Hi man. Yh this was a spot I used last year. I got lucky and found a small opening to work from but yh when I first got here it was alot of work. Most of it is very young oak trees and mature blackthorn bushes so a bit of pruning and clearing some of the sky line to get more light in. This year was alot easier!

I hope you get out as much as you put it! It looks like a nice spot to have.
Cheers bro. The only thing that you can't control is the weather and at the moment its not looking great! Luckily that's why I'm moving them to the tent before they go too far into flower, to avoid the horrible autumn weather! Fingers crossed it works out!

Yo @Kimber015 my man! Sorry bro been so busy concentrating on the purple punch that the strawberry lemonade has gone a bit wayward.

On the update they are doing great from the last time I saw them. All into there final containers outside, a little early but just before the 30°c days we had a couple weeks back.
We submerged there pots a good 3/4 into the ground in the hope they would retain some of the moisture from the surrounding ground and keep them watered, reducing the amount of time we had to go to them. Here's a pic of them all snuggled in. Ill get some update photos today ;)

Hey @Autofacade

Looking so cool, have really made me want to do something similar. I can’t wait to see how these get on. You worried they’ll be too big for the tent when they return or anything?

Welllllll..... this is all an experimental process as I've never seen someone do it and thought hell why not. So my plan is to be brutal with these girls! To keep there size down and manageable im going to adopt the manifold technique which takes longer and allows me to control them alot better today for instance they reached the 5th node so I chopped em right about the second node and removed growth from the bottom first node. Its strange and looks nasty but I want to get there size right down (first time I've said that). My biggest concern is that the shock from going from one environment to the other and being lifted out of there home will cause a hermie reaction as looking at the light fade at the time the tent will be free, they could possibly have started flowering by that time. Lets keep fingers crossed!

Attachments

• 20200706_163223.jpg
    20200706_163223.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 92
  • 20200706_164012.jpg
    20200706_164012.jpg
    976.6 KB · Views: 80
  • 20200706_164824.jpg
    20200706_164824.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 74
Well so far guys its not looking great. By taking them back to far they have flipped the bird at me and havent moved in a week no growth no nothing. Not sure what's going on. This could be a massive fail on my part here guya

Heres the plot guys I've introduced some autos for a last min trial so let's see how they come out! The strawberrly lemonade seem to have got over the shock and making a come back! Will keep you posted

Attachments

• 20200715_173854.jpg
    20200715_173854.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 68
Good to see they are growing again. The 1 strawberry lemonade I had handled that same training in a similar way. Slow at first but in the end it handled it better than both the Glookies and DSD33. Be interesting to see the heights you get, considering it’s Sativa dominant and described as tall, it’s the smallest out of 7 other indica dominant plants for me.

Back
Top Bottom