ProfessorFlora Reviews Strawberry Lemonade By Barneys Farm

STRAWBERRY LEMONADE
STRAIN REVIEW

Hey 420! Back again with another Barneys strain review and this time it's the Strawberry Lemonade. Before I start this review I'd like to state that I would have liked to have given this strain another week or so in flower but I was forced to harvest a little early as I had some bud rot issues. the Strawberry Lemonade is cross between a Strawberry and a Lemon OG and is mostly sativa. I had a couple quite different phenos in terms of structure but the taste and effect are fairly similar between the two. The first pheno was a shorter growing plant with tight bud formations on heavy colas. The second was a much taller plant with more of an OG structure. Both had very big buds with the second pheno having some of the largest buds I've grown this year. The colas were on their way to becoming firm and I know that had I been able to finish them when I had intended then they would have been good. Despite being sativa dominant hybrids they were fast flowering and would have been done in 10 weeks. The resin production on the first pheno was crazy and I believe it was one of the reasons she was attacked by the botrytis. My extraction setup isn't bad so I can say with the 2 phenos that I had that they're not very resistant to mould and rot. Good ventilation is required with these as they have very big resins drenched buds. They were pretty easy to grow and if it wasn't for the rot I'd have said that they were foolproof. The buds are of a high quality and after the dry and a few weeks curing have gone quite firm and look quite pretty. They're not the most beautiful of buds but neither are they bad. The smell is tropical and reminds me of something I've grown in the past but can't quite put my finger on it. It's taste is also very tropical but has a musky incense aftertaste. It's a deep flavour and can be tasted on the tongue and up your nose for some time after the joints gone out. The effects with the SL are pretty much as stated. Both phenos have been uplifting, energetic highs that have been great for day use. It's the sort of weed that doesn't allow you to get things done but instead makes you want to get things done. I've been out for a lot of walks with this one and even in really bad weather it's been a great mediative and mindful experience. I've not really noticed any effect on apatite and I'd say it's not the best strain for winding down in the evenings though I found no problem with sleep while using it. An active strain is what I'd call it. I did get very red eyes and the classic dry mouth with this one so be warned. Overall I was very impressed with the growth, both speed and vigour. Excellent buds but be very careful and I'd suggest not growing this one in humid environments. I was unlucky and was hit with a very wet period at the end of flower. Make sure to keep the humidity in check. The buds were very big when I harvested them but were still growing. Very tasty and potent strain that creates a happy and positive mood. Enjoy....

any tips for growing her,
my gal seems to be very touchy

any tips for growing her,
my gal seems to be very touchy
Hey 10gal. Both of the ones I grew out were quite heavy feeders and the second pheno was quite weak growing in veg. After being put into flower she jumped into life and looked much better after a couple weeks. They were both fed using just MegaCrop and seemed to grow well with it. I allowed the ph to go up and down flushed them once in mid flower to clear out the root zone and start with the nutrients again.

Back
Top Bottom