Stocking Up For The Apocalypse: Goody's Perpetual Grow By The Beach 2020

That‘s a very nice ending! You are having glorious weather for the PNW - I grew up there and back in the day August and September were stunning (and sometimes October, and January, and...). :cheesygrinsmiley: I’m assuming the body of water you are surrounded by is saltwater? Does that have an effect on the grow?
It doesn’t seem to, the GG4 plant is only about 25 feet from the water (Puget Sound) and loves it.

Gnats....damn. Never thought of that. I've not seen one yet. Kinda figured the black strap would bring them in but none so far...just them damn thrips...ughhh. This may sound stupid but what is a mosquito dunk? Got a link? Did I miss something...lol.
Mosquito dunks (or bits) are a product with BTI, a bacteria (says it’s toxic only to mosquito larvae but works on gnat larvae equally well) and doesn’t affect nutes, pH, or the plant in any negative way. Also can be added to anti PM treatment with no ill effect.

Mosquito dunks (or bits) are a product with BTI, a bacteria (says it’s toxic only to mosquito larvae but works on gnat larvae equally well) and doesn’t affect nutes, pH, or the plant in any negative way. Also can be added to anti PM treatment with no ill effect.
Thanks, I just learned something. I'ma research that. I've not had to deal with them little speedy gnats since I grew indoors. Coco was awful...I had sticky traps all over. Looked like a damn tom and jerry episode in there..lol. Great info thanks again.

Thanks, I just learned something. I'ma research that. I've not had to deal with them little speedy gnats since I grew indoors. Coco was awful...I had sticky traps all over. Looked like a damn tom and jerry episode in there..lol. Great info thanks again.
It ends gnats cycle, they are a huge problem here (indoors) without them. My yellow sticky sheets are nearly empty these days. @carcass first showed them to me.

There have been fires to the east and it’s finally starting to smell and get hazy here. Makes for beautiful sunrises!
652CA20F-E797-4E35-BB8E-DF25D4FFE4A6.jpeg

It’s also causing other strange happenings. In 14 years of living here, I’ve never seen a praying mantis on this island. But this girl showed up today and GF caught her on the screen door
F0C31105-9E7A-484E-9E6E-9812C373659B.jpeg

Naturally I assume she’s hungry & looking for work, and so I put her where she's most needed-
B53034BC-4472-42C3-8290-47BC39686899.jpeg

All beneficial insects are welcome on this farm.

There have been fires to the east and it’s finally starting to smell and get hazy here. Makes for beautiful sunrises!

It’s also causing other strange happenings. In 14 years of living here, I’ve never seen a praying mantis on this island. But this girl showed up today and GF caught her on the screen door

Naturally I assume she’s hungry & looking for work, and so I put her where she's most needed-

Since I'm in a horse pasture gh I see them all the time. Had to fish one out of a catch pan the other day. A life worth saving..lol.

That's going to be one happy, and high, mantis haha

Too Cool :circle-of-love:

See what @Heavenly Hybrid found first. I think she was going to try it on her veggies.
To late...it's done. Soaked them down this evening. From what I've read all ya need to do is either raise the leaf surface pH (baking soda) or lower it (vinegar) and it should kill off the spores.

To late...it's done. Soaked them down this evening. From what I've read all ya need to do is either raise the leaf surface pH (baking soda) or lower it (vinegar) and it should kill off the spores.
But the vinegar/acid doesn’t dry white like the baking soda does, which is nice. I hope it works for you, that PM is maddening.

An honest unboxing and product review of one of our new sponsors, @OregonHempFlower

I’ve been chasing THC highs for a lot of my life and have only really dabbled in growing and smoking CBD strains in the past 5-6 years. Most of them didn’t do much for me on either front- either too low THC or way too low CBD content. I enjoyed Canna Tsu, Harlequin, Remedy, and some other home bred CBD hybrids from local growers here a little. But the surge in percentages I’ve seen lately is making the new ones a lot more attractive.
Hemp is another route for CBD but there’s a lot of preconceived notions (in my head) about taste and legitimacy of the product.
I like the idea of heading more down a medicinal path with my smoking and some of my growing. I grow mainly for flavor in my THC strains. High percentage CBD and CBG strains are suddenly a thing so I also want to grow them, and I want to see how they stack up to the kind that you can get legally through the mail.
So I figured it was a great time to try out one of our sponsors.

I originally wanted CBG flower but they were out in the day I ordered. I ended up with an Oz (28g) of “Trump” 18.5% CBD hemp flower, and 5g CBG isolate powder. I got a freebie of a few grams of “Stormy Daniels” flower.
With the 420 discount code I saved $20 and the whole thing was about $80 shipped. After a small mishap where the USPS screwed up and sent it to Alaska, it made it to me fairly quickly. I had emailed and they responded within a few hours. The mistake was not on their end and it made it here fine a few days later. The box was discreet and had a Legal hemp disclaimer right inside. Everything was packaged nicely
D0494568-AEE8-49B5-8D29-40106838B46B.jpeg

I have to admit when I first ripped open the Oz, the quality surprised me. I’ve absolutely seen and smelled weed in my day that was junk compared to this. Not as hemp smelling as I imagined, and it looked WAY more appealing than I expected
ED52385C-A8B4-4318-B319-552B1509F7EE.jpeg
40A34D14-2C91-4B3C-AE73-69869D18178A.jpeg

The CBG powder was interesting. It didn’t have any instructions or recommendations for use, so I winged it (googled it) and ended up trying it several ways.
D19669FE-08B0-4E0E-ABE8-3696405FC7BC.jpeg
20885F19-C128-4A4A-97A2-548769F3AD42.jpeg

I put some in my yocan with my rosin and made a little dab treat. I also smoked some on a few different strains. The taste is very pleasant and reminiscent of raw hemp seed. Like a jelly belly, they perfectly captured the taste of a hemp seed (if you’ve ever eaten one) and made it come through when it’s heated. Amazing light taste and the effect was not exactly like anything else I have ever tried. Different, pleasant, calming. It absolutely made me hungry and I’m a guy who doesn’t really get the munchies anymore. Could be a medical benefit of this stuff, it’s definitely a nice smooth ride. Goes great on top of rosin to round out the high. I’m still experimenting with it and will be adding it to CBD recipes and lotions soon. To be continued...

As far as the flower, I’m going to give it an A.
The humidity was just right. Smell was fresh and mildew free. Terpenes were surprisingly plentiful for hemp and the smoke was smooth and full bodied. 30g for $24.99 (sale) and it made me wonder if I should even waste time growing CBD or just mix this in with my stash. I can infuse this flower into oil, smoke it, AND it’s legal to travel with.
This was my first experience buying legal flower through the mail, and it shattered my expectations.
I do prefer the flavor of my recently grown 30:1 Dr S CBD just slightly, but I’m very happy with the quality of this product overall.
I would recommend anyone here trust and try this sponsor if they need solid quality hemp/CBD and CBG product.
I’ll definitely be back to review their CBG flower once I get my next order in.

Thank you, @OregonHempFlower for an awesome first experience. I look forward to checking out all you have to offer in the future.

Flip day for this Dr S clone. It’s actually been losing an hour every night for the past week so should be into flowering shortly. She sure grows skinny branches, but otherwise is healthy and happy-

Attachments

• AD3871C6-2928-4855-BD4D-F8793D14720D.jpeg
    AD3871C6-2928-4855-BD4D-F8793D14720D.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 24
  • 80A81DB1-A101-438B-98A8-3292BE178AAF.jpeg
    80A81DB1-A101-438B-98A8-3292BE178AAF.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 23
I was checking out the big @carcass LRx plant up close because she’s starting to change color (good color) in the past few days. I believe she will be finished in a week and wanted to see where her trichomes are at today so I clipped off a piece. She’s at about 10% milky and looks like she will have a strong finish with this weather, even with the smokey haze.
But while I was looking, I saw this
9B90CF0A-A458-4D14-89F8-92491BADF2A5.jpeg

I knew I had spotted some color on her in the right light. Kind of violet up close but more pinkish from a distance. It’s going to be a great week for her.

Great review on @OregonHempFlower - I'll definitelykeep them in mind next time I run out of cbd.
I've actually already sampled a bit of the Dr.S.- (trichs are almost all cloudy, so why not?)
It works just as I hoped it would, in fact I'm drying a few more little buds in the oven as we speak...
She sure grows skinny branches,
All the main branches on mine are staked up now, she was getting pretty floppy and the buds are only half done...
Kind of violet up close but more pinkish from a distance.
Well that's pretty cool- there was nothing purple on the 2 I grew, just a lotta green

Well that's pretty cool- there was nothing purple on the 2 I grew, just a lotta green
I think the turtle boat plant is showing about those same traits and colors, while the other more indica leaning plant definitely doesn’t have it, but is also probably finishing this week judging by pistils.

Weird with the skinny Dr S, and I probably picked mine a little early because it just felt heavy and done. It’s great, but the next one I’m letting it finish until those trichomes are dark! And yeah if I run out, super easy to get CBD smoke now. I’ll bring you a few samples of things when I see you next weekend.

I’ll bring you a few samples of things when I see you next weekend.
Cool!- I've got some things here that I think you'll find interesting too- PurplePunch auto and LRx just to name a few....

Back
Top Bottom