No idea - just a random seed that got tossed in the worm bin I guess!! I've had dozens sprout in the worm bin - unless I have an experiment on the go that's where they stay.
Do you if it’s a reg or feminized?
I have added some aloe gel to the foliar spray - supposedly it makes it not bead up?? Didn't seem to do much but I guess it won't hurt!!
Aloe is great for many things, isn’t it!

Here’s hoping we get into our greenhouse sooner rather than later… had another dusting of snowfall yesterday, and it has been cold enough the pond froze over again in the last two days!

been cold enough the pond froze over again in the last two days!
I think we are getting closer here!! But I've only got enough wood for 8 more cold nites!!! But my turtles are OK...
8 turtles.jpg

But my turtles are OK..
Turtles would be neat to have, do you have to take them inside for the winter months?

And happy Easter everyone, happy to say we got a seed delivery for easter!! Pumped to start up again here SOON….

Not much of a swimmer
Many years ago I was in the pond, wearing rubber boots, as I was trying to get rid of some of the way too many bullrushes. Most of the pond is only just over 5" deep but I was lucky enough to find a much deeper hole. With the rubber boots on and a sharp knife in my hand it was real tough to try to get my head above water. I tried a few times to swim, no luck - my one thought was "What a way to go and that the Beavers would laugh like hell at the irony" but finally I decided to just sink to the bottom and try to kick off backwards at an angle and then scramble like hell treading up the edge until I got to shallower water. Kinda scared the hell out of me!!!

OK, so my Aspirin experiment is carrying on as such...
On April 10th she looked like this...
aspirin weed.jpg

and today April 19th...
aspirin weed 1.jpg

It is a little hard to see but the pistils look like they have shrivelled and turned colour plus there are quite a few trichs on the fan leaves and it almost looks like it is trying to reveg but I am keeping her in a closet until after 9 am too keep the available light at less than 12 but I guess time will tell....
Updates to follow.

Not much to report - I'll get a pic tomorrow - I don't see any change yet - some swollen calyx possibly.
Most of the pond is only just over 5" deep
Oh dear..fat fingers....should have read 5 feet deep!!!

Back
Top Bottom