Stocking Up For The Apocalypse: Goody's Perpetual Grow By The Beach 2020

Hi there. I knew if I kept reading I’d get to an empty text box eventually.
Nice journal, goody!
Speaking of smell- on my outdoor ladies, the ChemDawg smells a little bit, but the Dr.S. is the real
stinker- kind of like a skunky lemon tree- Not sure why, but I didn't expect a cbd plant to stink much....
I love the smell of this plant!
:drool:
Got one nearly ready for the jar today.
Too many dogs here
Cats, turtles, rumours of beavers, otters and deer. I thought ‘there’s only one thing missing round here’. Glad you got that sorted.
So I did what some people claim works to prevent cancer
I hear cannabis works too :nerd-with-glasses:
Hey that baking soda was inspired :high-five:
Nice work.

Is that your flag pole with the bricks around it? Ha
Yes that wind whips through here (it’s in the ground too) it keeps it from leaning as much, especially during football season cause we fly a Seahawks flag as well.

Hi there. I knew if I kept reading I’d get to an empty text box eventually.
Nice journal, goody!

I love the smell of this plant!
:drool:
Got one nearly ready for the jar today.

Cats, turtles, rumours of beavers, otters and deer. I thought ‘there’s only one thing missing round here’. Glad you got that sorted.

I hear cannabis works too :nerd-with-glasses:
Hey that baking soda was inspired :high-five:
Nice work.
Thank you! It’s quite a zoo here.
And it wouldn’t be a good journal without its share of problems/solutions included. I overfeed/overwater and get mold as much as anyone.
I love experimenting and beating a problem rather than just accepting it....except for leafhoppers, they don’t seem to care about my aspirations, they beat me every year. This year they like the gorilla glue plants best.
:blunt:
Good to have you around to see the circus!

A thought for the weekend-
We are all just a leaf floating on a pond waiting to be eaten by a giant turtle. So enjoy it while you can, my friends.
full

Have a great weekend!

That's awesome! Should have thrown him some papers to see what he comes up with.
Those goldfish better watch out when he really gets hungry in about an hour :laugh:

An update for the outdoor girls- First off it’s cloudy and supposed to be sunny. Could be worse, at least it’s not wet.
This big GG#4 is a beautiful bush but it’s flowering is way behind. Also a leafhopper favorite as you can see in many places
61AFC4DC-A381-49A2-8213-DCB93B24A9A9.jpeg

But the other GG#4 (which I hardly ever show on here) is the surprise come from behind flower child. I bumped up her dose of MC because she was yellowing and now she’s filling out and already smelly as is GG
2A007C80-8C90-4098-90FC-E68811F53EA2.jpeg

The LRx with the mold on the stems is still holding up, it actually prefers cloudy days and doesn’t sag on the affected branches. She sure is pretty and lots of layers to her beauty
2B860586-FBC7-4B2E-84FE-5194C33DD1FF.jpeg

The other LRx is of course my favorite out here. With its PM problem in the rear view it can focus on developing these flowers
7CCC5BC2-3758-45BC-8CD4-5ABC1417486E.jpeg

And last but not least the turtle boat plant. Always a pleasure just to see it still alive, especially now that we know the turtle would eat it if given the chance. It’s actually flowering very nicely with the new container and the supplements of MC. That stuff can make anything live a better life
3A1AF1B5-A21C-4DBE-8336-874BD6C9C8F5.jpeg

Hope everyone is enjoying themselves this weekend.

I should start putting it in the bath? Hmm.
Hey great update, goody. Girls are looking on point. Great recovery on the LRx.
Nice.
:peace: :love:
Thank you DD, I’m pretty happy with them right now.

Inside the GelatOG “twins” are the only 2 plants I have flowering (mom is drying in the fridge)
E5060B1F-0644-492D-AEBC-65B25106A5F5.jpeg

The Dr S clone has spread out and popped up nice and clean, I’ll flip her next week after a few more days of vigorous growth like this
A8D1DCD6-D5D2-4804-9F42-F8CCA6A74684.jpeg

9ED73878-7854-44F8-B94E-0AC177F3E085.jpeg
13690049-57FB-4944-A104-202D5AF3467A.jpeg

She currently gets 4g/G of MC and not much else.

Outdoor ladies look great, as do the indoor girls -
That LRx with the mold problem is especially pretty- good job saving that one!
Your Dr.S. sure took off in the last 3 days- I think those are just about the best
growing plants I've grown so far- unfortunately, the pm here likes them too.
It's 90 here today- maybe the heat will burn off some of that pm... :)

Outdoor ladies look great, as do the indoor girls -
That LRx with the mold problem is especially pretty- good job saving that one!
Your Dr.S. sure took off in the last 3 days- I think those are just about the best
growing plants I've grown so far- unfortunately, the pm here likes them too.
It's 90 here today- maybe the heat will burn off some of that pm... :)
The next Dr S we grow will be autos, those should be great. I grow these regular photos a lot like I’ll grow the autos- but one thing I’m hoping the auto genetics improve on is the stem girth. I’ll probably end up tying this one up because it’s stem won’t have time to get fat in the short time it lives before flowering. That’s probably my fault for flowering them so young, another reason I’m going easy on the MC compared to last time. I have a feeling the autos will bulk up a bit more in that same amount of time and likely also take better to auto type training. Hope the final product is the same quality.

I have room for one little auto grow to start before my next batch of seeds arrives.
The only auto I’ve grown that didn’t produce much for me was the FastBuds Purple Lemonade. The breeder says this plant likes little to no food and suggests a flush before harvest if any nutes are given.
The last seed I grew of this had a rough time as a youth (dropped and broken), then went into flowering at 12-13 days old. It was overfed MC and never had a chance to just unfold.
Its smoke, while in very short supply, is awesome. I want to get a real yield and taste the real taste of it. Plus it’s a rare ACTUAL purple strain, which is beautiful in its own way.
So let’s just grow it in a very minimal food, low stress environment and see how it likes it.
CD74E7BC-3E4E-46E7-ACFD-F331A562B43F.jpeg

10878201-D2E3-44D1-974C-E5DA9584B4CC.jpeg

I did my normal float overnight in 5:1 water :H2o2 and straight into soil (I go about 5/8 inch deep) I don’t worry about the direction the seed is pointing, it finds up all by itself.
0712940C-C6CA-4857-BA56-FC1E762A7ED4.jpeg

Superthrive and tap water is all she needs to get going (pH’d to 6.3) I use a homemade (stabbed) water bottle cap to make the watering more gentle.
535F8BCB-C2C9-4733-A959-193B13B1C3B8.jpeg

Right on time today (about 48 hours from float) she popped out.
D20B39C3-4465-442D-99BD-9A745D64BB61.jpeg

I know @Sunnyskies starts his the same way, under the full sun.
I measured mine at its normal distance and my LUX meter reads 22,000 right at the tip of this seedling.
Some guides/advice would say have it much less than that, but this is what mine are born into every time.
A3BD3377-27C2-4BE8-807D-6A900F2565E7.jpeg

My humidity is a bit low today at 45, temp around 80F but I don’t use domes or give the seedling any facade of a different life. I’ll just keep the soil around it moist enough that it will find a balance without having to completely change the environment around it. The tents next to it need the dry air in the garage during flowering and this seedling just needs a bit of extra attention in its tiny area to not disturb any of that. It gets its first taste of dark around midnight tonight and gets right on 19/5 with the rest of the plants. Welcome to the world little lady.

I don't know why it is, but babies, cats, and dogs just love me...

Me too my friend! I draw the line at leg humping though.. Its a personal choice and god forbid we make eye contact... :laughtwo:All shiggles aside you and your son here are solid people and always have a spot to chill when in Puna, Hawaii.

:passitleft:

I know @Sunnyskies starts his the same way, under the full sun.

Hell yeah I do my Braddah! The sun doesn’t spare the weak ones. When they are strong out the gate I always feel better about the grow.

Plants and harvests are looking top notch my friend. They are fattening up nicely! Hope all is blessed my friend! Aloha!

A thought for the weekend-
We are all just a leaf floating on a pond waiting to be eaten by a giant turtle. So enjoy it while you can, my friends.
full

Have a great weekend!
Epic.

Congrats on the new sprout!- You make that look sooo easy!

You're lucky you're not here this week- it's 105f and rising outside right now...too effing hot for me, but the plants are taking it in stride-
92f in "the box",but the WCC doesn't seem to mind- in fact she's doing so well that I need to post a pic- she'll be wall to wall when you come down to visit... :)
1599421798381.jpeg

Congrats on the new sprout!- You make that look sooo easy!

I’m just hoping it doesn’t keel over dead and make me look stupid haha.

Trying to show there’s no real secret to how I do it, or any strict requirements on humidity being 70% for seedlings- sometimes it invites mold and damping off for mine. Also showing that using low light, or a paper towel middleman just isn’t necessary.
With autos, every day intelligently utilized early on will manifest as higher yield.
Especially with this little lady who may want to REAL early.

Man that WCC sure is pretty. Wait til you smell it!

Well said my friend! Simplicity is the best.

Back
Top Bottom