Stocking Up For The Apocalypse: Goody's Perpetual Grow By The Beach 2020

But today oooh boy it smells great.

Speaking of smell- on my outdoor ladies, the ChemDawg smells a little bit, but the Dr.S. is the real
stinker- kind of like a skunky lemon tree- Not sure why, but I didn't expect a cbd plant to stink much....

Speaking of smell- on my outdoor ladies, the ChemDawg smells a little bit, but the Dr.S. is the real
stinker- kind of like a skunky lemon tree- Not sure why, but I didn't expect a cbd plant to stink much....
That’s what I said! Very lemony and covered in trichomes. Even the early stuff has a decent taste. And I may not have mentioned it yet, but that CBD (infused oil) is the perfect proportions for folks that don’t like to get high (like my Mom) but want a big dose and a tiny buzz from edibles. I’m enjoying smoking it, that lemon comes through nice already. It’s also drying/curing fast, it’s already at steady 62 along with the WCC. Fridge was the way to go on that stuff, it nailed the drying.

I'm listening- I'll have to get the skinny on that low & slow drying thing next- I'll just have to ductape the garage refrigerator shut to keep the granddaughter out!

I am lucky enough to live in a place with a decent outdoor growing season, and enough room inside to grow all year. In Washington, having a medical card will allow you to grow several plants, depending on what the Doctor says you need. Mine says 14, which is the max for our county. I find that number to be fair, and it gives me enough breathing room to do a number of things both inside and outside. I have 11 total right now.
So instead of several smaller journals, I’m going to shift to perpetual growing. I’ve been at it for about a year indoors at this location, and have grown the past 6 years outdoors here. The outdoor grows sometimes have had limited success due to weather changing too soon, and strains taking too long to finish. That’s what finally brought me into the world of autoflowers, which are going to help fill my jars and journals year round from now on.

My indoor setup- The grow area consists of 3 tents. Two of them are 2x2x4 and one is 2x3x5, all situated on top of filing cabinets in the garage. Avg temp in the garage is about 77F, with a dehumidifier keeping it around 45-50%.
My lights are the extremely “budget friendly” $89 Oneo 1000w Equiv (Actual 220w) in each tent, and in the 2x3x5 I have a second 1000w light by Bloomspect (180w actual) that I use during flowering.
I have shifted to using only tap water. I add 7 drops/G of citric acid ph down and it brings the pH to around 6.5-6.7, seems to do well all the way through.
For all of these plants I am using G&B organics Blue Ribbon Blend potting soil, which has been fantastic (and easy to get) for me- and I am recently starting to use ProMix for my seedlings.
My nutrient line up is fairly simple- MEGACROP, Sweet Candy, Terpinator, Silica Blast (all used fairly close to mfg recommendations unless the plant says NO or begs for more) and mosquito bits for gnats.

Outdoors is basically the same but the season ends like clockwork around Sep 15, after which the sun rarely shows itself.
The purpose of all this being simple- The world is going to shit, and I want to fill all these filing cabinets with stuff I can smoke, eat, or smash for a LONG time if things go bad. I’ve only got 3 drawers filled right now, I always need more!
IMG_6865.jpg
IMG_6866.jpg
IMG_6867.jpg

I want to thank everyone on this board for introducing me to better methods, and better seeds and suppliers.
I'm finally able to get some of the strains I've only dreamed of growing myself, and here is my next indoor lineup-
IMG_6439a.jpg

All went well with sprouts and they are doing beautifully. I may not be typical in that I float my seeds for 1 day in Water and H2o2 (80% water, 20% h2o2 3% strength) and then put them straight into the soil, skipping the paper towel method.
IMG_6441.jpg

And it seems to work out fine most times.
IMG_6569.jpg

I love good genetics and eager sprouts! Now I finally get to experience Wedding Cheesecake, GelatOG, Dr Seedsman, and Purple Lemonade. Time to taste some candy.
IMG_6674.jpg
IMG_6675.jpg
IMG_6678.jpg
IMG_6746.jpg
And the first little hiccup happened when I dropped the purple lemonade pot, broke the plant in half, had to re-pot....then it starts flowering at about 16 days old. Autoflowers are interesting creatures.

I'll be showing all the outdoor ladies in the next post, as well as updates for these.

I hope you will all follow along, enjoy yourselves, and not take anything too seriously. Happy growing and please don't hesitate to say hello! :nomo:
I've never seen a file cabinet used like that. I love the idea. Kinda hides everything away. Im pretty sure the ganja gods will fill the rest up for ya. Those plants are looking awesome too. This going to be a fun thread to follow.

It’s been getting really warm during the day here.
40EB59AB-E4E1-41A0-9C0A-88D0A4634C8C.jpeg
Got a great fan today (zon) that can be controlled by heat or humidity, comes on automatically at whatever point I set. Super easy to hook up and program, fits over a 6” hole on top of the tent. Super quiet and only 18 watts. Totally worth it so far.
That's a really nice addition. That's definitely better than having a vent run 24/7.

The GelatOG auto clone that wasn’t supposed to happen, but it’s happening anyway-
B3A26307-0B32-4C41-A2B1-5D97A7EDE400.jpeg

And the outdoor gang, enjoying the WA sun today
735E4C8A-69C1-4682-BFE2-375747BD4DF5.jpeg
EC70B6C8-9544-4987-9399-4ACF875A85EA.jpeg
644985A1-DD6D-49C0-B5A2-DEB0C7A54237.jpeg
Who says ya can't clone a auto...lol. Great stuff in here.

I've never seen a file cabinet used like that. I love the idea. Kinda hides everything away. Im pretty sure the ganja gods will fill the rest up for ya. Those plants are looking awesome too. This going to be a fun thread to follow.
Thanks for following along, it great to have everyone stop by!
More fun coming up, I promise.

I love the file cabinets! They do lock, not enough to stop a really determined person but enough to discourage anything fast/quietly being taken. Too many dogs here for that to happen anyway haha.
I finally filled my first WHOLE drawer with finished flower (4 kinds) and the rest of the cabinet with jars of leafy bud for pressing. Now to fill a second one by the end of the year!

And as far as that little fan goes- one of my favorite purchases this year. Can also be used in a drying tent, turns on according to heat or humidity (hi or low) but it’s been great in the grow tent to keep it from getting too warm when zipped up.

Tried out the new press today for the first time. I have somewhere between 20-30 oz of dried cured leafy undergrowth flower in glass jars (Tangerine Dream and Gorilla Glue #4), and every crop brings more. Keep the best, smash the rest :headbanger:
I thought the setup would be crazy but it was all really simple to do with this machine. It starts with 7g of whatever part of the plant you want, stuffed into the tiny filter bag.
255A53CE-DDEA-47DA-BF0C-67AE9F5EBDC2.jpeg
1F76A4EB-E261-4150-85F6-E813132B5366.jpeg
8BDFFB56-7BFD-4648-A563-95EB5063EADB.jpeg

Once the temp is up (190 seemed about what I was after) the bag goes into some parchment paper and it slides between the warming plates. The jack works slightly better on the ground but it’s fine on a sturdy shelf as well. I was amazed
C17813E3-F4EF-47A2-9FAE-13D0FCF7247B.jpeg
F4535F28-6F48-4D1D-B56C-6C4CD2D6B26C.jpeg
088EDA67-CBDB-47D0-904A-BF0C7A0456EA.jpeg

each press got a little better and each press yielded between .6-.9g
The Tangerine Dream almost gave me a panic attack (too much sativa % for me) but the Gorilla Glue was VERY mellow, goes down smooth and tastes amazing.
I think this thing is going to keep me busy, I love it!
Awesome press. Someday I wanna try a dab. Those heavy sativa's freak me out too. Just a little to much can make for a terribly paranoid high for me.

Awesome press. Someday I wanna try a dab. Those heavy sativa's freak me out too. Just a little to much can make for a terribly paranoid high for me.
I hear that, I’m a 90% indica guy all day. So far adding CBD to the sativas have really mellowed them (edibles and smoke) I’m looking forward to adding CBG soon as well, hoping to hit all those receptors ;)

The whole gang outside their respective tents. Left to right GelatOG auto and baby, Dr Seedsman, wedding cheesecake, purple lemonade
C3F05658-E357-4C3D-A417-92584268D066.jpeg

And the purple lemonade is finally showing lots more purple, though it’s still a bit hard to see in pics
41BE5DDE-3E2B-4B31-9A44-336A48B14D36.jpeg

2083B91E-B8CD-47A4-B6DA-494BB563E586.jpeg

have a great weekend all
They have no idea they are posing in front of their future crypt...lol

Dr S clone is looking good and spreading out, just like I’m training her to do.
I’ve basically been growing these photos a lot like my autos and it keeps them well within the confines of my space- Just the timer changes.
This one I’m going to flip in about a week and it’s still going to be pushing the limits of this 2x3 by the time it’s done.
5ABE87EF-3355-40D4-BE8E-5A5E0E73AB30.jpeg

Yeah- it looks great! I'll do my best not to screw this one up!
It'll also be the first indoor plant that I'm growing in ProMix HP, so that should also help -the DrSeedsman seems to really like it-
Yeah it's hard to beat promix for a great all round medium from seed to harvest. I can't find any in my area but I have found some sprag moss bales at lowes which I can amend myself next year. I bet you'll love the pm.

How I got 2 clones from an autoflower seed:
I got a little lucky. I picked the right variety, experienced the right conditions, and apparently did it during the right phase of the moon. Could I duplicate it? We shall see in the future.
I started with (1) Seedsman GelatOG autoflower seed, a freebie with my last order. I sprouted it like I normally do, which is shown in the beginning of this journal. I don't do the paper towel, just a float overnight and then straight into my regular soil in it's final pot. The GelatOG was the first of 4 seeds to pop out of the ground. It was a really fast moving baby, and at day 14 I decided on topping and training. The new top was barely out so I just pinched it off and tossed it. Usually I'd take all 4 full lower branches. This time I only took the bottom 2. I cut a few small slices up the stem, like I do sometimes during cloning but instead of using gel, I just put these into water. I used the same container and water that I had just used to help a houseplant cutting get roots. I believe the hormones that come with rooting may have helped this entire process.
There was no supplementary lighting. The cuttings sat in that water in the windowsill facing the ocean (looking east) for 10 days during July, and something about that was magic. On day 10 I had this-
IMG_6844.jpg

I feel like I would have a problem getting roots from ANY 14 day old cutting, but this one got roots. And the next day, the other one had roots. I put the first one in my new seedling soil (loose ProMix) and hoped it was about to do what I think it was going to
IMG_6850.jpg

It took a few days more in the windowsill before I knew for sure, but it was growing so I carefully exposed it to the light in the tent over the next day or so.
IMG_6945.jpg

Not knowing really what I should do, I decided to try to possibly prolong the flowering by giving it a little trim, hoping that time might get me some more growth. At this point, the mother is 28 days old and has not started flowering yet
IMG_7006.jpg

The ProMix says it can feed for a month, but I want to put this thing into overdrive and maybe get another whole plant. So I did the next thing I probably shouldn't have. I caught it up to all the other plants feedings in 3 days. I did 1/4 strength, 1/2, then Full, all in 3 days. Now it was drinking 5g/G MegaCrop, 1g/G sweet candy 3ml/G Silica Blast, 1ml/G terpinator with every feeding. Mom is finally starting to show flower at around 32 days. The light schedule in this tent has remained the same at 19 light/5 dark.
IMG_7061.jpg

IMG_7095.jpg

A few days later, it's showing sure sign of flower. Never having considered it might become a real plant, I had it in this tiny catnip pot. So what else shouldn't I do to this thing? How about Up Pot it. Great Idea!
IMG_7098.jpg

And I really believe this shock may have kept it from going into flower for even a few more days.
IMG_7117.jpg

It's grown another few inches since this pic and is now into flower. I can't explain exactly what happened. I wish I had 100 more pics, but I never thought it would be that interesting. It wasn't supposed to happen, but it did. Watch it finish right here over the next few weeks! This is about 5 minutes ago-
IMG_7197.jpg

Have a great week, my fellow growers/farmers.
Oh it's interesting. I've not seen anyone clone a auto before until now. Somewhere I'm sure it's happened but I've not seen it till now. Nice little write up on the subject. I like your style.

Thank you!
Reading about that purple lemonade (after the fact of course) and it actually suggests little to no food, and a flush if any food is given. This one has been getting huge doses of everything along with the other plants. The leaves are kind of burning now, same as some of the WCC, so it’s time to back it all down a bit anyway. It’s had a rough life and still looks great, I’m going to try the next one without much food at all.
That GelatOG loves the food though, but it’s also about 6” lower from the light than the WCC.
The one in the pond is just trying to figure out why it’s here I guess lol. Sort of hoping it’s a male, it could be father to some really interesting children.
A little tip burn builds character...lol. and shows a grower willing to push the limits. Good info in here.

Man, not sure what I like best.....all the great plant/bud photos or the view from your pot casa ;)
Thank you, I’m a lucky man in many ways. Glad to have you here.

Congratulations on the harvest Goody! :woohoo:

Iwantmesummadat. :laughtwo:

That’s what I said! Very lemony and covered in trichomes. Even the early stuff has a decent taste. And I may not have mentioned it yet, but that CBD (infused oil) is the perfect proportions for folks that don’t like to get high (like my Mom) but want a big dose and a tiny buzz from edibles. I’m enjoying smoking it, that lemon comes through nice already. It’s also drying/curing fast, it’s already at steady 62 along with the WCC. Fridge was the way to go on that stuff, it nailed the drying.

I hear that, I’m a 90% indica guy all day. So far adding CBD to the sativas have really mellowed them (edibles and smoke) I’m looking forward to adding CBG soon as well, hoping to hit all those receptors ;)

Cheers for this! I have Dinamed CBD and Dr Seedsman seeds too, and look forward to trying out different combinations of flower for infusions when I eventually harvest one of those. Thinking of possibly pre-mixing different ratios of CBD and THC oils!

@InTheShed grows some mighty fine Candidas CD1 then he mixes it to the ratios he wants. I don't think I will add the THC oil to the CBD oil but I do plan to take both in separate capsules. If I want more CBD I just take a CBD cap if I only want to get high then I take the THC caps without the CBD ones or vise versa. I can take as much of either one that I want or in any combinations. Just my 2cents

@carcass @Sunnyskies
I think @InTheShed is onto something with the citric acid treatment.
I did a full (pretty soaked) treatment 2 nights ago, then a spot treatment last night.
32C2A8B3-FDD9-42AB-8FB6-B9DD664F2EE8.jpeg

The plant (LRx) looks very happy, no burn....and no mildew. It also didnt drive away our little orange friends who seem to still be with us in most areas.
All other plants in the yard were treated with no adverse affects.

I used my pH down which is citric acid at a rate of 37.5ml per G (G=3750ml)
I realize that doesn’t actually make 1% solution, it makes .15% solution, because the pH down is itself only 15% citric acid. So maybe I’m not even doing it right, but so far it’s working!

Back
Top Bottom