Schnookie's Canuk Seeds Comparative Grow - Regular Cement Shoes & Bruce Banner CBD

Sorry about the lack of entries here; new house, visitors every weekend for the past month and now my son has moved in with his 2 cats have unfortuntealy relegated this journal to the back burner until now.

These babies have been slightly neglected due to all the other activity, but now that I've moved my office to the basement with them, they'll be getting much more needed attention.

I hadn't picked the Cement Shoes as one of my strains, but who am I to look a gift horse in the mouth! Free seeds to grow for a comparative is a big honor and I'm certainly glad to be involved. Thanks so much @Canuk Seeds - I hope I grow these well enough for the comparo to mean something! :)

From their website (I hope this is allowed) here's what my results should look like:

Cement Shoes Regular Seeds - ELITE STRAIN - A Quick Overview​

1698769685442.png

This heavy hitting indica is a glorious combination of OG kush and Animal Cookies, it has been known to make you feel as if you’re sleeping with the fishes, Cement Shoes!

Cement Shoes has a typical Indica terpene profile with aromas and tastes that have been described as sweet, nutty, citrus, mint and berry.
As you would infer from the name, Cement Shoes makes you feel heavy, with an intense body stone, and overwhelmingly relaxing effect some have described as sedative.
An experienced grower employing typical topping and LST methods can expect a very large yield from Cement Shoes at up to 600g/m².

First, of course being regular seeds, I hope I have at least one female. All 4 CM seeds that I started germinated and were put into their little pots about three weeks ago (10/8/23). This strain looks to make a nice sleeping buddy!

Bruce Banner CBD Regular Seeds - A Quick Overview​

1698770336881.png

This CBD/THC hybrid was created by bringing together our Bruce Banner and one of our selected cuts of a CBD plant.
CBD x Bruce Banner reg will be ready for harvest in around 9 weeks+ generating yields of up to 550g/m² of quality medicine testing at up to 10% CBD and up to 14% THC.

Nice sounding combo eh?! Can't wait for this one. BBCBD only managed to germinate 2 of the 4 I started, but they are the big'uns of the bunch right now. Again, hope at least one's a female too. Here's the play by play for the last month.

10/9/23 Let's call this day 1 of growth . I wait until first set of real leaves appear for starting their age, but for ease of evenness, this is close enough for them all since the 2nd set of BBCBD didn't come up.
1698770368926.png

10/16/23
We've got 2 BBCBD and 4 CM growing. I've been a little negectful with my grows this time around, but will be getting back into more attention now with my office near the tents in the basement now.

CM in yellow and grey pots. BBCBD in blue.
20231016_173851.jpg

10/19/23 I'm hoping I didn't mistake the seeds in the pots and switch them unknowingly. At this point it's hard to tell them apart much, so I'm just continuing with the color scheme I started with.
20231019_124407.jpg

10/24/23 - These would be just over 2 weeks old now. No nutes yet and looking a little piqued due to inconsistent watering too.
20231024_172750.jpg

10/25/23 - Definitely getting some kind of deficiency now without nutes. Will be up-potting them soon and starting nute schedule.
20231025_230509.jpg

10/29/23
3 of the plants were up-potted into 2 gallon fabric pots today, then I ran out of soil. Got some FF Happy Frog coming from the 'zon this week so the rest can get a move on. I figure now we're gonna be looking at an Organic vs. non-O soil comparo now kinda as I read the HF is organic and OF is not? Please correct me if I'm wrong.
20231029_182841.jpg

10/30/23 Everyone's perked up since yesterday's move and watering. Waiting for new FF HF soil to arrive to up-pot the rest.
20231030_194202.jpg

When I up-pot the other 3 plants I'll outline the process and amendments I'm using and start measuring water and nutrients going into the pots. I typically don't water so much that they get soaked to draining, but usually just enough to get the soil moist on the top and sides so the roots will draw it in to the middle. These pots are also not sitting on a shelf yet like I used to have in my previous grows, so they are sitting in the run-off if there is any. I might add the metal shelves back underneath them to increase airflow around the pots as well as keep them above the run off to prevent rot at the bottom.

Next update will be after they're all up-potted in a few days.

Sorry about the lack of entries here; new house, visitors every weekend for the past month and now my son has moved in with his 2 cats have unfortuntealy relegated this journal to the back burner until now.

These babies have been slightly neglected due to all the other activity, but now that I've moved my office to the basement with them, they'll be getting much more needed attention.

I hadn't picked the Cement Shoes as one of my strains, but who am I to look a gift horse in the mouth! Free seeds to grow for a comparative is a big honor and I'm certainly glad to be involved. Thanks so much @Canuk Seeds - I hope I grow these well enough for the comparo to mean something! :)

From their website (I hope this is allowed) here's what my results should look like:

Cement Shoes Regular Seeds - ELITE STRAIN - A Quick Overview

This heavy hitting indica is a glorious combination of OG kush and Animal Cookies, it has been known to make you feel as if you’re sleeping with the fishes, Cement Shoes!

Cement Shoes has a typical Indica terpene profile with aromas and tastes that have been described as sweet, nutty, citrus, mint and berry.
As you would infer from the name, Cement Shoes makes you feel heavy, with an intense body stone, and overwhelmingly relaxing effect some have described as sedative.
An experienced grower employing typical topping and LST methods can expect a very large yield from Cement Shoes at up to 600g/m².

First, of course being regular seeds, I hope I have at least one female. All 4 CM seeds that I started germinated and were put into their little pots about three weeks ago (10/8/23). This strain looks to make a nice sleeping buddy!

Are you sure you got regular Cement Shoe seeds? The list that was posted by @Canuk Seeds only shows feminized Cement Shoes.

For the regular Bruce Banner seeds, are you going to try The Rev's method to determine sex?

Cement Shoes Regular Seeds - ELITE STRAIN - A Quick Overview​

1698769685442.png

Bruce Banner CBD Regular Seeds - A Quick Overview​

1698770336881.png

This CBD/THC hybrid was created by bringing together our Bruce Banner and one of our selected cuts of a CBD plant.
CBD x Bruce Banner reg will be ready for harvest in around 9 weeks+ generating yields of up to 550g/m² of quality medicine testing at up to 10% CBD and up to 14% THC.

Nice sounding combo eh?! Can't wait for this one. BBCBD only managed to germinate 2 of the 4 I started, but they are the big'uns of the bunch right now. Again, hope at least one's a female too. Here's the play by play for the last month.

10/9/23 Let's call this day 1 of growth . I wait until first set of real leaves appear for starting their age, but for ease of evenness, this is close enough for them all since the 2nd set of BBCBD didn't come up.
1698770368926.png

10/16/23
We've got 2 BBCBD and 4 CM growing. I've been a little negectful with my grows this time around, but will be getting back into more attention now with my office near the tents in the basement now.

CM in yellow and grey pots. BBCBD in blue.
20231016_173851.jpg

10/19/23 I'm hoping I didn't mistake the seeds in the pots and switch them unknowingly. At this point it's hard to tell them apart much, so I'm just continuing with the color scheme I started with.
20231019_124407.jpg

10/24/23 - These would be just over 2 weeks old now. No nutes yet and looking a little piqued due to inconsistent watering too.
20231024_172750.jpg

10/25/23 - Definitely getting some kind of deficiency now without nutes. Will be up-potting them soon and starting nute schedule.
20231025_230509.jpg

10/29/23
3 of the plants were up-potted into 2 gallon fabric pots today, then I ran out of soil. Got some FF Happy Frog coming from the 'zon this week so the rest can get a move on. I figure now we're gonna be looking at an Organic vs. non-O soil comparo now kinda as I read the HF is organic and OF is not? Please correct me if I'm wrong.
20231029_182841.jpg

10/30/23 Everyone's perked up since yesterday's move and watering. Waiting for new FF HF soil to arrive to up-pot the rest.
20231030_194202.jpg

When I up-pot the other 3 plants I'll outline the process and amendments I'm using and start measuring water and nutrients going into the pots. I typically don't water so much that they get soaked to draining, but usually just enough to get the soil moist on the top and sides so the roots will draw it in to the middle. These pots are also not sitting on a shelf yet like I used to have in my previous grows, so they are sitting in the run-off if there is any. I might add the metal shelves back underneath them to increase airflow around the pots as well as keep them above the run off to prevent rot at the bottom.

Next update will be after they're all up-potted in a few days.
FFOF is 100% natural n organic. CL🍀

Everyone's now been up-potted and watered. I ran out of 2G pots temporarily so each strain got a chance to grow in a 3G as well this round.
20231101_180803.jpg

My process for up-potting was using the FoxFarm Ocean Forest on the first group (all 2G) and Happy Frog on the other 3. In the soil base below the plant I added about 2 tbls diatomaceous earth for extra silica for strong stems, 1 tbls mycorrhizae for roots, and 2tbls worm castings. Additionally they got GeoFlora Veg mixed in at a rate of 40-60g (not measured initially) per 2G pot and 80G (est) per 3G pot. This got fully incorporated prior to adding the new plants. The first 3 did not get myco sprinkled on the roots prior to covering while the 2nd group did. Also the 3G BBCBD got an an extra large boost of myco in the soil accidentally when it spurt out of the container...probably more than 2x as much as the others...so we'll see if that helps or hinders it... After potting, they received a good dose of filtered water at room temperature to near draining.

Today they're looking ok, nothing much different. I'm going to check the moisture levels on the others with a finger test a few knuckles down and also give them the lift test to see if any need more water.

20231102_110628.jpg

BBCBD in the middle was doing a little top bending/leaning due to the fan blowing on it so I raised the fan a few inches to prevent it from reaching any directly so now they're all getting a nice breeze as it oscillates back and forth from the upper corner.

The babies are growing up! Did a little crop rotation and will be taking a closer look at them this week to ensure mites don't get control this time!

Before:
20231106_173810.jpg

After:
20231106_174140.jpg

Out of view is the LED spot light which has giving the CM in the 3G pot some reddish color on top

Didn't take pictures today but everyone has adapted quickly to their new location in the tent and are getting taller. I am going to top a couple of them and do some lst, maybe just the two in the 3g so I can give them more time in the small tent. I may have to break out of the 80w CFL twist bulb to control their heights.

Photo update. I took the bottom two tiers of leaves/branches off the plants in the 3G pots and I will be putting them all into 12hr in a day or two to sex them and make sure I have what I want. (1 of each M/F of each strain would suit me fine). Grab pollen quick after ensuring none escaped (I'm assuming get them out asap or should the M develop some before removing to gather pollen?)?
20231109_154712.jpg

Got some new toys from the 'Zon today and put them to work on the babies. Time for a little training. I was reading one of @Emilya Green s journals and saw these awesome garden staples. Mine are only 6 inches long but with work perfectly at this height. Gonna just snake them along the outside of the pot and when I get all the way around I'll put them into flower

20231110_165934.jpg

20231110_165942.jpg

One day later and their lower branches already pointing strongly towards the light. I'll do the same to the other 3 starting tomorrow, as they need a little more overall height first. I pushed the staples down about another 1/2 inch where I could for some extra stress.

20231111_154714.jpg

I think I'm only gonna veg another 2-3 weeks since there are 6 of these plants and if they are all girls then it will be tight in the tent, but who am I to complain? LOL I'll probably flip them when I harvest the Cherry Pie and Amnesia Lemon in the flower tent, but maybe bring one of each of the 2G pots in soon to check their gender. I mean, I'm only gonna keep 1 of the males of each strain if I get them, so there might be some culling within a month...

Here they are today...they are really taking to the training and opening up... I'll bend the top of the plant to the left or right next and hold it down with another staple. This will stretch it around the rim of the pot, depending on how long I keep them in veg.

20231115_141536.jpg

Now we're getting into level two training...

20231116_174457.jpg

I know it it looks a little discomboulated right now, but I think it's going to look like a yin/yang ish design from the top strainght down I'm hoping...at least one of 'em...after lower defoliation

Definitely looking a little messy at the moment with some more training today but I'm hoping by getting these branches spread out over their pots, eventually I can make somewhat of a canopy. I'll probably go at least another week, maybe 2 before I turn the lights to 12 hours. My other tent still has a couple of weeks to finish until harvest but I can put one or 3 of these into there for a kick start and if they're females I can leave them in there.

20231120_092722.jpg

During the day yesterday my job occupied my time whilst the naughty pussy had a little salad for lunch... o_O
20231120_092722.jpg

And got another tag along wth the DDA carcass attempting to revive...
20231121_182313.jpg

With the 110w (or is it 80? Lol) CFL bulb adding heat and grow lumens

:eek:🤬

These cats are gonna need a refresh on the Geoflora Veg nutes today so I think I may also put the 3gal pots into the 12/12 tent tomorrow to get a head start. My Amnesia Lemon will be harvested in the next two weeks, with Cherry Pie within a week after that too, so this is a good time to sex the plants and hope I've got some girls here. Had a herm on the AL so might pick those nanners off with a tweezer...

Running out of space...
20231126_113514.jpg

A little wide angle.
20231126_113638 (1).jpg

Back
Top Bottom