Nick Hardy's Skunk Works #5 420 & Canuk Seeds: Gorilla Bruce - Lets Talk About Sex

IMG_1559.jpeg
IMG_1560.jpeg

Woah!! Day #5 Post Flip and they’ve gone comedy big. They’re not quite showing sex yet but just a glance before lights out. There’s 3 or 4 in there look just awesome.

Look more tomorrow

Nick

I’m thinking (and I only got a 40-45 seconds look at them tonight) I can’t skip flowering some of these, properly ex the breeding thing. Maybe keep 6 and do in 3 gallons under these lights.i need to up them to 100% on the 320w LED and they’ll have 635w? The lights cost $250 max together!

Either way I’ll clone and S1 but as a secondary thing, harvest some tops then introduce the pollen from clones.

But to do that I need a new tent and I’m not buying even a small new one.

Gonna build one tomorrow.

Lights and all. For say less than $50 for a mother/clone/breeding tent inc light and HVAC?

Think I can do! Radio shack type, Household lighting department, stationary shop and plumbers merchants (obvs!)

3x3x4 seems a nice size?

I’ll put a how to here next couple of days!

IMG_1811.jpeg
IMG_1812.jpeg

I’m so conflicted! So there are 8 girls and all look like pretty much the same phenotype. The ones at the front are just shorter because they get way less of the 315CMH i need more tent space!

I think I’m going to run them out in here. Take some clones and reveg them and s1 at the end.

I also have a spare v very high THC plant (37%) which I might reverse into one of them. So I’ll end up with more fem seeds of these which look fabulous and look forward to growing out plus a new strain entirely.

NickHardy #17

You can get creative when you name things its why our daughter is called Laverne Platinum Skywalker Lady Cookie Hardy 🤷🏽

😂

Nick

IMG_1811.jpeg
IMG_1812.jpeg

I’m so conflicted! So there are 8 girls and all look like pretty much the same phenotype. The ones at the front are just shorter because they get way less of the 315CMH i need more tent space!

I think I’m going to run them out in here. Take some clones and reveg them and s1 at the end.

I also have a spare v very high THC plant (37%) which I might reverse into one of them. So I’ll end up with more fem seeds of these which look fabulous and look forward to growing out plus a new strain entirely.

NickHardy #17

You can get creative when you name things its why our daughter is called Laverne Platinum Skywalker Lady Cookie (Family Name) 🤷🏽

😂

Nick
Sounds like a plan 👍

IMG_1891.jpeg
IMG_1892.jpeg

So they’re all confirmed early flower. 8 girls. Tomorrow I’m going to top/clone them and re veg them. In the (unlikely) event any of them hermie from that they and their clones will get 86’d immediately. I don’t want that in my genetic pool.

I have three aims here.

#1 get at least one through to a normal flower/dry/cure test.

#2 reverse at least one back into its self and grow out some Banner x Gorilla fem seeds. Save the strain

#3 reverse at least one Animal Mints BX1 and cross with one of these.

I have close on 60 female plants aside from these so my fledgling breeding program needs to be safe AF

IMG_1894.jpeg

I’m building a new tent. Bought everything but the fan today. Total cost $50 lights included. Not even funny Asian prices.

Some blue pipe, plastic board, aluminium foil and a USB fan and we’ll be good.

The lights are a pair of 3000k T5’s* I think and a pair of 5000k ones. They were like $4 each from Philips. Plenty of light for my puposes. Maybe I’ll put a 60w in there as well. We got drainage trays. Thinking two chamber. 4x4x2’

On other news the tiny garden section of “Home Pro” the local big store sells tools, kitchens, bathrooms all that now sells Airpots which amuses me. About $6

IMG_1884.jpeg

IMG_1891.jpeg
IMG_1892.jpeg

So they’re all confirmed early flower. 8 girls. Tomorrow I’m going to top/clone them and re veg them. In the (unlikely) event any of them hermie from that they and their clones will get 86’d immediately. I don’t want that in my genetic pool.

I have three aims here.

#1 get at least one through to a normal flower/dry/cure test.

#2 reverse at least one back into its self and grow out some Banner x Gorilla fem seeds. Save the strain

#3 reverse at least one Animal Mints BX1 and cross with one of these.

I have close on 60 female plants aside from these so my fledgling breeding program needs to be safe AF

IMG_1894.jpeg

I’m building a new tent. Bought everything but the fan today. Total cost $50 lights included. Not even funny Asian prices.

Some blue pipe, plastic board, aluminium foil and a USB fan and we’ll be good.

The lights are a pair of 3000k T5’s* I think and a pair of 5000k ones. They were like $4 each from Philips. Plenty of light for my puposes. Maybe I’ll put a 60w in there as well. We got drainage trays. Thinking two chamber. 4x4x2’

On other news the tiny garden section of “Home Pro” the local big store sells tools, kitchens, bathrooms all that now sells Airpots which amuses me. About $6

IMG_1884.jpeg
Good luck hope it all comes to fruition

IMG_1937.jpeg

IMG_1938.jpeg

Some clones for later in the grow and my little flower box lights are wired up and connected to the timer I had installed for outdoor lights. I just need to build the box. Probably Tuesday as tomorrow looks horrific.

Flipped the main event girls back to 18/6 today as well. Take clones off them tomorrow. I just want a little more growth for flower and need to wait for the clones to catch up a bit. If I can get seeds ready for popping in 80 days time that would be a result. I’ll run some in the next main grow.

Nick

IMG_2005.jpeg
IMG_2008.jpeg

Great looking plants. They’ve been back in veg for 3 full days now. Not really sure what’s going to happen to the buds already there. They’re back on Veg nutes.

When I’m done in the other 5x5 with the 1000w light and crazy side lights I’ll flower 6 of the 8 in there to do them justice. That means up potting to 3 gallon pots I reckon. Might just get them in those now. They’re currently in half gallon pots - 2L the others clone and S1

Lush green ain’t they?

Thanks @Canuk Seeds and @420 !

Nick

IMG_2137.jpeg

Weird day yesterday and somehow these didn’t get watered.

I was reading about breeding here on the site, I think @InTheShed posted the link to one of the old timers here and he said stress your breeding plants as much as possible and cull the ones that hermie or get sick. So guess that’s been done 😂

They’ve also come out in solidarity with Shed who’s had a tough week with that lower leaf yellowing 😆

Anyway - my story and ai’m sticking eith it. It was all planned 😂

The yellowing is actually interesting. To me. We flipped them back to 18/6 when they already had pom poms. I also flipped them back to Veg A/B nutes which is obviously way heaver on the N. I wonder of that yellowing is less about the lack of watering and more about the bridge screaming to Scotty in the engine room “you’ve got to give me moooor nitrogen!” As part of their unexpected reversal in fortunes.

I’m bizarrely totally unworried by their dishevelled looking appearance. But then its been a weekend and a half.

🤣

I have found that a lack of water (to the degree of that droop) will often lead to yellowing lowers. Not to say they don't need more N though. :)
I think I got extra quick yellowing because they were suddenly flipping cycle - turned out everyone swears they were watered. BUT - since I had the filters fitted to the irrigation system they need to be cleaned out every two weeks.

If you just switch ion the pump and say to Alexa “Set timer for 8 minutes” and don’t visually check for run off you might only get 4 minutes of water due to decreased water flow.

Sure enough, Monday night when I watered flow rate was minimal. 5 minutes under the tap/faucet and all was well. One hasn’t recovered, it was the runt pheno pictured front middle so we have seven. Not long until STS time - just need to free up some flower space for the ones I’m going to take to the end.

Nick

IMG_2263.jpeg

IMG_0010.jpeg
IMG_0011.jpeg

Loving the new colour gamut

Holding pattern still.

A room full of attractive no problem plants

Nick
First when did this happen?
Second how?
Third what's it mean?
Oh BTW Good Morning. :ciao:
Well good evening in your neck of the woods.

Screenshot_20240314-085825_Chrome.jpg

When did what happen?

And why wasn’t I told?!

Dunno buddy - your picture doesn’t air any sense!

😂
I'm out of memory and couldn't edit the pic. :Namaste:
It says Skin & Eyes & Co ??
When did you get that?
What's it mean?
And how do I change mine?

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

I'm out of memory and couldn't edit the pic. :Namaste:
It says Skin & Eyes & Co ??
When did you get that?
What's it mean?
And how do I change mine?

Stay safe
Bill284 😎
Oh - won a custom title back last year on 420 day 30 Year Anniversary.

Dumb luck! Thank you @420 🙏

So after quite a lot of thought and chat with Rob I went with “Cannabis Entusiasts”

“Jedi Grandmaster Cannabis Farmer OG” was too long apparently 😂

But so when I sponsored the site on the patreon page for a small monthly fee (I know the biz, I know what a web server costs. I just today got with a $200 overcharge for a kVa a server used. Any way the level I picked has a grey silver icon so I’m like mega stealth. But also you can choose your own custom title.

When I chose the first we were kids in growing terms. The “s” was meant signify there’s two of us (No! Me & Co not just my different personalities 😂) but when I got he chance to get a second I thought I’d pick something that:

#1 Reflected & Co more

#2 Reflected more about how we grow or aspire to grow. From my farmer mate and in no small amount from you, Bill mate, what? Coco, layers and 5.8, right? I haven’t looked at a sensor other than in the Jon contest and then only for sharing in months. I got skin and eyes.

“Learn to read the plant” my farmer buddy taught me.

“I just grow big healthy girls yield well” My bill284 buddy taught me.

That’s it the ball game.

IMG_0014.jpeg

Dunno, oh wait shit I do know! Inventory today. There is 7.9kg of the 16kg we’ve grown in the last 14 months from zero. 20 pounds pictured?

I believe technically it’s called “A FK Ton ‘O Weed”

We learnt it all from my Farmer buddy and like you here buddy.

But while the big lights and Co2 technical stuff we do it all really boils down to the learnable “Skin & Eyes” - the best and most expensive sensors on the planet.

It was a bit of joke and really it’s meant to be Skin&Eyes™ but the TM makes it sound a bit like I’m a sponsor or something so got dropped.

But yeah - pay for membership you can get a custom title too. But not all of the levels. My wife sells her weed for money. I pay for a level of membership costs a bit more because I see that membership of this site has improved & Co’s weed growing and therefore the money in her pocket. It’s just good manners. But $4.20 a month for a red badge? Bargain!

With great power comes great responsibility though - maybe OG Jedi Grower is banned 😂

Gosh I’ve turned into an awful hippy 🤣

Nick

Oh - won a custom title back last year on 420 day 30 Year Anniversary.

Dumb luck! Thank you @420 🙏

So after quite a lot of thought and chat with Rob I went with “Cannabis Entusiasts”

“Jedi Grandmaster Cannabis Farmer OG” was too long apparently 😂

But so when I sponsored the site on the patreon page for a small monthly fee (I know the biz, I know what a web server costs. I just today got with a $200 overcharge for a kVa a server used. Any way the level I picked has a grey silver icon so I’m like mega stealth. But also you can choose your own custom title.

When I chose the first we were kids in growing terms. The “s” was meant signify there’s two of us (No! Me & Co not just my different personalities 😂) but when I got he chance to get a second I thought I’d pick something that:

#1 Reflected & Co more

#2 Reflected more about how we grow or aspire to grow. From my farmer mate and in no small amount from you, Bill mate, what? Coco, layers and 5.8, right? I haven’t looked at a sensor other than in the Jon contest and then only for sharing in months. I got skin and eyes.

“Learn to read the plant” my farmer buddy taught me.

“I just grow big healthy girls yield well” My bill284 buddy taught me.

That’s it the ball game.

IMG_0014.jpeg

Dunno, oh wait shit I do know! Inventory today. There is 7.9kg of the 16kg we’ve grown in the last 14 months from zero. 20 pounds pictured?

I believe technically it’s called “A FK Ton ‘O Weed”

We learnt it all from my Farmer buddy and like you here buddy.

But while the big lights and Co2 technical stuff we do it all really boils down to the learnable “Skin & Eyes” - the best and most expensive sensors on the planet.

It was a bit of joke and really it’s meant to be Skin&Eyes™ but the TM makes it sound a bit like I’m a sponsor or something so got dropped.

But yeah - pay for membership you can get a custom title too. But not all of the levels. My wife sells her weed for money. I pay for a level of membership costs a bit more because I see that membership of this site has improved & Co’s weed growing and therefore the money in her pocket. It’s just good manners. But $4.20 a month for a red badge? Bargain!

With great power comes great responsibility though - maybe OG Jedi Grower is banned 😂

Gosh I’ve turned into an awful hippy 🤣

Nick
I remember cannabis enthusiast.
Just didn’t see the new one till yesterday.
Not very observant of me. 😂
I love my equipment but as you mentioned being observant is key.
Watching hundreds and hundreds of plants grow gives a bit of insight.
Helps with keeping everyone happy and healthy.
Coco gives me total control which I really like.
No guessing what the soil is doing, just give them everything they need when they need it.
Skin & Eyes :thumb: Love it.
And of course & Co. :hug:
Love it buddy.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Back
Top Bottom