Nick Hardy's Skunk Works #4 Mars Hydro FC Evo 12x OG Kush Solos 4x4 - Viva Voce Grow

For the connectors we just took them out and Sparky soldered them and sealed with that rubber shrink wrap.

After then first two sets burnt out last year dunno prettybsure ai said get rid of them. They’re actually not needed.

Leave the driver attached - put the cable through a vent hole to the plug.

Place the driver outside tent - pass the driver through the duct.

Not feeling the soldering then those cut off bricks - two brass screws in join like that and wrap in electrical tape or heat wrap. Anything is safer than those connectors. Is yours FCE or FC 6500? They have very different cable setups. And I guess would you mind sending me a picture of it? Just dump
It in my OT?

Manifolds! Yeah I did a run through of my setup in the contest thing and could’t find ours somised them as an example. Our come with coloured rings inside, regulate the flow, 2l/4l/6l we remove all of them.

All pur drippers/emitters are Netafim and regulated to 2L/hr we have the mushroom shaped black and red ones not spikes like yours

BUT - in solos we use 2 drippers so its 4/L

You have Netafim Netbow same as us, right?

The 12.5 dia have 4 2/L an hour drippers in them for 8L per hour and the 25cm ones 8 for 16L per hours.

Only found that out a couple of weeks back.

So we just take max pressure at the manifold head and rely on the delivery Netafim to distribute it. 3mm Netafim pipe but the manifold is 4mm so take your favourite clipper lighter and get busy!

Your straight down pipe design looks preferable to ours where they are on the horizontal and can get knocked about.

Mine is covered a bit in the video I posted yesterday.

Nick
Aaah I see I have the heat shrink with the solder in it not that I'll need it but it's good to know 👍 my light is the FCE and never goes ubove 75% so probably never have an issue.
I have pics in my first post I think you can see everything.

I saw your manifolds and thought it would be so much easier so found some locally but even with those plug's out I'm not getting enough pressure to my misters. the pipework is 3mm but the hole the pipe connects to is still only 1 or 2mm 🙄 never straight forward I'll drill it out 😂

If I give up I'll be expecting a couple of manifolds to be in your suitcase when you visit 😂

This grow I have hard pots.. 3gal filled with 1.5gal Coco then wanted two mister drippers in each to act like rain fall.. and hit every bit off Coco from the top down.. the extra space at the top to prevent spill.

That straight down bit was a extra as it used to have a T fitted to it for garden hose or something.

Aaah I see I have the heat shrink with the solder in it not that I'll need it but it's good to know 👍 my light is the FCE and never goes ubove 75% so probably never have an issue.
I have pics in my first post I think you can see everything.

I saw your manifolds and thought it would be so much easier so found some locally but even with those plug's out I'm not getting enough pressure to my misters. the pipework is 3mm but the hole the pipe connects to is still only 1 or 2mm 🙄 never straight forward I'll drill it out 😂

If I give up I'll be expecting a couple of manifolds to be in your suitcase when you visit 😂

This grow I have hard pots.. 3gal filled with 1.5gal Coco then wanted two mister drippers in each to act like rain fall.. and hit every bit off Coco from the top down.. the extra space at the top to prevent spill.

That straight down bit was a extra as it used to have a T fitted to it for garden hose or something.
Bizarrely the FCE’s I have a fine despite having 8x the connectors although their the T type not the straight through. I have two FCE4800’s ai’m flowering under now. I’m still not over the assembly of them. 😅 PITA and balancing them with the connector weight. They’re Dr MJ Coco’s near favourite light. For bang for or buck only my Meijiu bests it but then I got 40% plus off from them!

Day #44 Since Flip

IMG_1480.jpeg
IMG_1479.jpeg

IMG_1488.jpeg

Photos by & Co. You know as much as me!

Nick

IMG_1487.jpeg

You take snaps before you left?
Or your better half sending you proof every one is doing great?
You doing ok there?

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

You take snaps before you left?
Or your better half sending you proof every one is doing great?
You doing ok there?

Stay safe
Bill284 😎
& Co’s handy work. Maybe ask her another tomorrow.

I think I can get home a little earlier. In a fun way. I collect my passport back tomorrow 3pm. Get a taxi off the island to the tain station, about an hour. Train to the border and cross. Spend the night In the city just over the border back in Thailand. Meant to be a real frontier town, party town but a bit dodgy. Friday morning get a taxi/train/coach about 3 hours to near & Co’s home village where our driver can pick me up and take me the 4-5 hours home in time to pick L up from school. There’s not another flight until Friday 4pm so I won’t be home until 7pm that way.

It’ll be fun, see a new bit of the world, I’ve done planes, add a bit of trains and automobiles to the trip!

& Co’s handy work. Maybe ask her another tomorrow.

I think I can get home a little earlier. In a fun way. I collect my passport back tomorrow 3pm. Get a taxi off the island to the tain station, about an hour. Train to the border and cross. Spend the night In the city just over the border back in Thailand. Meant to be a real frontier town, party town but a bit dodgy. Friday morning get a taxi/train/coach about 3 hours to near & Co’s home village where our driver can pick me up and take me the 4-5 hours home in time to pick L up from school. There’s not another flight until Friday 4pm so I won’t be home until 7pm that way.

It’ll be fun, see a new bit of the world, I’ve done planes, add a bit of trains and automobiles to the trip!
Catch a ride with the Polka King. :thumb:
Saves waiting around for the plane.
Just be careful, real frontier town! :oops:
Can only imagine how rough that is.:Namaste:

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Day #46 Since Flip

IMG_1510.jpeg
IMG_1509.jpeg

Seem bigger but mostly leaf?! Dunno can’t be bothered look on my laptop.

My Mum’s two favourite expressions are:

#1 Well worse things happen at sea, son.

She actually messaged me this when I messaged to say my 1 hour ferry from Krabi to Phi Phi took 4 hours and we nearly sank because all the front windows were smashed out by waves. Me and my then girlfriend had a dive/grab bag packed and were on the deck at the back with about a dozen other divers (basically anyone that was a strong swimmer) Number one rule in that situation - stay the fuck away from non swimmers they’ll drag you down number two drift, we had 20 small islands in sight. Woulda been fine.

#2 What ever will be, will be.

I mean fatalistic somewhat and this is only to be uttered when you legit have no more options. I’m at that point now. I can improve the environment on Saturday morning by hooking up the new AC unit. I can perhaps experiment with UVC in a few days, they’re only 10 days out from indicated finish. & Co reckons about pound in there.

Veg was shit and not aggressive enough. Fucked around with the waiting around the light and not serious enough with the gas. I dunno, it was a cheap grow, less electricity, nutes and medium.

I guess a pound of OG Kush out of 12 dixie cups in a 4x4 <shrug> meh. Feel like I could have thrown 4 seeds in pots and done better without even topping them.

Maybe it just demonstrates the power of Co2 and massively over specced lights? Trying to grow normal I run into the same yield constraints everyone else has!

The thing I don’t want to countenance is this is just a low yielding OG Kush strain. Because that has implications for my other grow. Better I assign this to my own failings 😅

Go down fighting and believing until the chop though. Maybe they want 10+ weeks not 8

#3 Never, ever, give up while there’s still a chance

@Greenvein - 12 Mim x OP it is next time? 🤣

Nick

Definitely and bring some with ya 😂 taught my cousin to grow and he's hooked on mimosa so once he grows it again I'll be grabbing clones 😎 had enough of the seed life 😂

Day #46 Since Flip

IMG_1510.jpeg
IMG_1509.jpeg

Seem bigger but mostly leaf?! Dunno can’t be bothered look on my laptop.

My Mum’s two favourite expressions are:

#1 Well worse things happen at sea, son.

She actually messaged me this when I messaged to say my 1 hour ferry from Krabi to Phi Phi took 4 hours and we nearly sank because all the front windows were smashed out by waves. Me and my then girlfriend had a dive/grab bag packed and were on the deck at the back with about a dozen other divers (basically anyone that was a strong swimmer) Number one rule in that situation - stay the fuck away from non swimmers they’ll drag you down number two drift, we had 20 small islands in sight. Woulda been fine.

#2 What ever will be, will be.

I mean fatalistic somewhat and this is only to be uttered when you legit have no more options. I’m at that point now. I can improve the environment on Saturday morning by hooking up the new AC unit. I can perhaps experiment with UVC in a few days, they’re only 10 days out from indicated finish. & Co reckons about pound in there.

Veg was shit and not aggressive enough. Fucked around with the waiting around the light and not serious enough with the gas. I dunno, it was a cheap grow, less electricity, nutes and medium.

I guess a pound of OG Kush out of 12 dixie cups in a 4x4 <shrug> meh. Feel like I could have thrown 4 seeds in pots and done better without even topping them.

Maybe it just demonstrates the power of Co2 and massively over specced lights? Trying to grow normal I run into the same yield constraints everyone else has!

The thing I don’t want to countenance is this is just a low yielding OG Kush strain. Because that has implications for my other grow. Better I assign this to my own failings 😅

Go down fighting and believing until the chop though. Maybe they want 10+ weeks not 8

#3 Never, ever, give up while there’s still a chance

Nick
Number one I have questions about and 3 negates 2. ;)
What happened on the boat?
Doesn't sound good. :Namaste:
And where are you?

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

I my good man am about 30 minutes away from getting a taxi to the airport. Just in time as it seems & Co is touring the island looking at land for sale seemingly un aware we might need an offer on our place before signing deals on new stuff!

But yeah - 1, 2 3,

Pretty sure that most people would be happy with a pound of OG Kush out of a 4x4 tent?

Cheap grow, low on material, labour and stress.

Just greedy me isn’t happy 🤣

I my good man am about 30 minutes away from getting a taxi to the airport. Just in time as it seems & Co is touring the island looking at land for sale seemingly un aware we might need an offer on our place before signing deals on new stuff!

But yeah - 1, 2 3,

Pretty sure that most people would be happy with a pound of OG Kush out of a 4x4 tent?

Cheap grow, low on material, labour and stress.

Just greedy me isn’t happy 🤣
It's a result right.
Dam good one. :thumb:
If you Sell can you get a long closing to build the new one?
Have a safe flight.
I'm probably going back to bed in a minute.
Talk in the morning.
Be careful.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

It's a result right.
Dam good one. :thumb:
If you Sell can you get a long closing to build the new one?
Have a safe flight.
I'm probably going back to bed in a minute.
Talk in the morning.
Be careful.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎
Need to rent probably. I could do 6-9 months in a traditional Thai house maybe 😅

Poleaxed. Work was really busy while I was travelling. Very glad not to have long ovetrland. Went and looked and some land and after I had some now near full cured Runtz x Layer Cake. I dunno 5 days off or the strongest weed I’ve ever had. I’m mashed.

Plants all look ace. Everywhere I look. Some scruffy in the flower room but when I got back is was 5 mins before lights out. the Lad had the door open checking for run off. The stench of weed incredible. Never had that so strong. Beautiful.

All Day #47 Flower

IMG_1557.jpeg
IMG_1558.jpeg

Small and airy still. Think we might get them longer than 8 weeks. Especially with a delivery in my absence.

Nick

IMG_1556.jpeg
IMG_1557.jpeg

These I reckon Anyone would be proud of. Especially how little care, interest, training or love has gone into them.

They are stella. Entered one in the POTM, literally just the easiest plant to get to, 2 minutes out-snap-in it does no justice to these un staked or supported wonders. Just groe like that, all about the environment I guess and a less is more approach to nutes. Like the top people when you start out. Less is more. Even with the big lights and gas.

Upstairs yeah stinks. Dank forest.

IMG_1551.jpeg
IMG_1552.jpeg
IMG_1553.jpeg

Still good greens. Here I’m much much less worried about mould and pests, its indoors-indoors not tents outdoors. We’ll ride them a good while longer. Till the girls say no more.

Lights arrived. Two types of UVC. The Chinese ones I have my reservations. The Philips one seems great. Has a real power cable and proper documentation. You’d expect from what was once one the worlds biggest electronic companies.

IMG_1563.jpeg

I’m gonna give it a go as soon as tomorrow. Maybe even the OGK. Maybe.

Here’s the tech stuff.

Layers with Runtz x Laters Cake

IMG_1561.jpeg
IMG_1562.jpeg

It's nice they actually tell you what parts of the spectrum it puts out...saves you an email. ;)

I wonder if that 1-5% in the visible spectrum will matter to the plants during lights out.
Hehe!

I was pretty sure that might be that when I bought it but it was in Thai so it was just pictures, then ai was really hoping someone would comment 😅. I was just guessing.

🙏🏼

But yep - the other thing I saw is the UVC nm rating. I’ve read that 180-240nm is considered best for PM etc. (my fuzzy memory it may be +/- 10%) Its really hard to get that band. 350 and above is much easier. I think this has some, a little in that range? CD Players are Class One Lasers? Rhey just reflect so 3>1 In “light classes” James Bond’s watch can’t be a class One laser?😂

So perhaps not optimum but not bad! Its a class 3 UVC device. Its nit immediately clear without reading a 50 page FDA document what that means in real world terms which seems odd.

Look into it more tomorrow.

Cheers Shed.

EDIT - its seed popping frenzy tomorrow! 80 I think.

Yay!

And for one last time make some noise

IMG_1584.jpeg

The pool is finally crystal again after 6 weeks of issues related to construction next door. So clean clear H2o2 in dirty used pots for them.

90 minute timer and into paper.

63. Slightly more than we need until ai can deal with the Canuks. Need to build a new tent 😅

IMG_1667.jpeg
IMG_1668.jpeg
IMG_1669.jpeg
IMG_1670.jpeg
IMG_1671.jpeg

Flower room. Start of week 8, emphasis on Bruce Banner and Royal Cookies

We roll on.

Harvest window is open for some. Not looking yet. Its 45% Rh in there and 27c. You want to holiday in there.

The real cool stuff is the seeds getting put in dirt.

Think we went

15/15 Girl Scout Cookies to tails.

Of 63 seeds think were up above 95% with tails - some are just a bit too long 😅

Photos to follow - with my slightly tweaked methodology that deserves some credit.

Nick

Back
Top Bottom