Nick Hardy's Skunk Works #1 10 Strains 18 Solo Cups 4x4 HPS/CMH: Thailand!

Funny old day. Catching up with the news and this popped up.

The laws on seeds in the US are indeed murky!

@Teddy Edwards - might be of interest to the Magazine side?
Crazy as in a completely illegal country seeds can flow through the post no problems.. seeds are not illegal only germinating them is.. so for a country with alot of legal states 🤦‍♂️
Also the whole thc restriction in places confuses me as high thc doesn't even mean strong green? :hmmmm:

Crazy as in a completely illegal country seeds can flow through the post no problems.. seeds are not illegal only germinating them is.. so for a country with alot of legal states 🤦‍♂️
Also the whole thc restriction in places confuses me as high thc doesn't even mean strong green? :hmmmm:
They use the bio security excuse here in 🇦🇺

Hermies and the plants they pollinate produce hermie or fem seeds depending on why they hermied, not regs.
They'll be f1 seeds (s1 on the plant that produced the pollen).

What's the f1 and s1 definition 🤔
F stands for filial, and the 1 tells you that the strain is the first generation cross of two strains.
S stands for selfed.
They haven't been stabilized, so there's no way to predict what traits they got from their parent strains unless those traits have been determined to be dominant or recessive, and are shared by both parent strains.
Like autoflowering. In a first generation cross of an auto and a photo the seeds will be photo, but carrying recessive auto genes.
If you breed those to make f2 seeds, they'll be 25% full photo, 50% photo with recessive auto genes, and 25% full auto.

F stands for filial, and the 1 tells you that the strain is the first generation cross of two strains.
S stands for selfed.
They haven't been stabilized, so there's no way to predict what traits they got from their parent strains unless those traits have been determined to be dominant or recessive, and are shared by both parent strains.
Like autoflowering. In a first generation cross of an auto and a photo the seeds will be photo, but carrying recessive auto genes.
If you breed those to make f2 seeds, they'll be 25% full photo, 50% photo with recessive auto genes, and 25% full auto.
A great and succinct answer Mel - thank you.

I got a run down on some Telegram type seed chats, European based mostly. Seeds got for a €1-1.5 (bout the same as USD) but its bulk seed orders. Sometimes as S1 comes along and everyone is mad for it due to some particular pheno. These guys are buying at like the 1000s mark and can afford to only get 25% success on their phenos. It rarely. Makes it to the consumer/prosumer seed banks like we use because people don’t want that risk, the big breeders will take that and breed it down to F4 or F5 levels before selling it

@DeeBoy probably to my knowledge buys the closest thing to those - real rare releases at prices that make even me wince! But he is cannasieur! (I just made that word up 😆) Ed. - no shit? Shed’s Chef, Jon’s clone - they are all likely F1-F2’s?

I reckon the Wedding Crasher’s S1 and everything else F1?

Sound right?

Nick

Shed’s Chef, Jon’s clone - they are all likely F1-F2’s?

I reckon the Wedding Crasher’s S1 and everything else F1?
I don't know how many generations Chef or Jon's Yoda put into their crosses. They could have put in more than enough work to stabilize the strains.
But yes, the WC seeds would be S1 (if that was the hermie) and everything else f1, as long as there was only one source of pollen.

as long as there was only one source of pollen.
Well people don't tend to talk about it after an orgy 🤣 (so ai’ve heard!)

I love the mystery of it all - we could have seeds from the same mother but multiple fathers 😆

IMG_7045.jpeg

Definitely gonna need a bigger rack for 8 strains. Also gonna need bigger test tubes. Riddled with seeds the CBD and Wedding Crasher the one that started the literal clusterfuck.

😂.

Lets see how its green moist under dried weed effects me. Stong indica dom I seem to remember.

Nick

IMG_7045.jpeg

Belated congrats on harvesting the blast furnace solo-cup grow! Other than the stress hermie(s) and the seeds, it sounds like you're pretty pleased to have run that experiment. :)

Shed’s Chef... they are all likely F1-F2’s?
I don't think Chef has stabilized either the 5 Killer Cookies or the Grandpa's Moonshine so they'd be F1's, as are the other crosses he hand delivered from the (intentional) Cookies n Chem orgy he had.

Belated congrats on harvesting the blast furnace solo-cup grow! Other than the stress hermie(s) and the seeds, it sounds like you're pretty pleased to have run that experiment. :)

I don't think Chef has stabilized either the 5 Killer Cookies or the Grandpa's Moonshine so they'd be F1's, as are the other crosses he hand delivered from the (intentional) Cookies n Chem orgy he had.
It was fun and lessons learned.

Changed all the timer switches when I got back to higher rated magnetic ones.

The importance of a visual check of the tent not just the light indicating the power state (I think there were days I was away when the lights never went off or didn’t come on until they were checked at first feed time, 10:30)

The importance of skin on the air even if the AC says its on.

I’ll keep the best nugs of each strain for me and giveaways to visiting friends. The rest we’ll just blend up for pre rolls.

Final trim/weigh on Sunday for interest's sake. I’m not sure I can be bothered to test them all. Maybe just the Warlock CBD. Its still $10 a pop to test.

So yep pretty much done here.

Was fun. The final #3 grow is a refinement of this. No more HPS!

IMG_7045.jpeg

Definitely gonna need a bigger rack for 8 strains. Also gonna need bigger test tubes. Riddled with seeds the CBD and Wedding Crasher the one that started the literal clusterfuck.

😂.

Lets see how its green moist under dried weed effects me. Stong indica dom I seem to remember.

Nick

IMG_7045.jpeg
That’s cool. Very scientificy looking.

Hey @NickHardy - well, I had to catch up to see what happened, sorry about that. I’ve been super all over the place. But shit man…damn. Well, maybe autos and Solos aren’t such a great thing. Dude, don’t feel bad, what you did here is basically next to impossible. My half gallon plants, ie, more than twice the volume of your Solos, ain’t doing shit. Small pots are very difficult. Don’t be hard on yourself. Your Strawberry Cheesecake will end up outyielding my 1/2 gallon Skywalker I bet. Lol.

I love the no more HPS and all that outdated light crap. Lol!!! Sorry, not a fan.

You have a ton of free seeds….

That’s cool. Very scientificy looking.
About the only thing cool about it 😆

IMG_7073.jpeg

Mini sensor right in the buds. Started at 68%. By Sunday should be ~58% so final trim, 3 more days to get back to <62% and Grove Bag them up.

Hey @NickHardy - well, I had to catch up to see what happened, sorry about that. I’ve been super all over the place. But shit man…damn. Well, maybe autos and Solos aren’t such a great thing. Dude, don’t feel bad, what you did here is basically next to impossible. My half gallon plants, ie, more than twice the volume of your Solos, ain’t doing shit. Small pots are very difficult. Don’t be hard on yourself. Your Strawberry Cheesecake will end up outyielding my 1/2 gallon Skywalker I bet. Lol.

I love the no more HPS and all that outdated light crap. Lol!!! Sorry, not a fan.

You have a ton of free seeds….
There was only one auto.

Skunkworks #3 - in my sig. that’s where I properly do this. That’s the one - I tagged you. Always nice to have you around mate. 🙏🏼

Back
Top Bottom