Nick Hardy's Skunk Works #1 10 Strains 18 Solo Cups 4x4 HPS/CMH: Thailand!

Its a big’un - nug for scale 😂 its a quarter pound grove bag
image.jpg

image.jpg

We harvest in 12 hours all the rest.

Have some thoughts on the grow but we’re just gonna be into grams and quality class from here on out.

Honestly - such a releaf to switch off the HOS the final time tonight (we have fancy $100 magnetic switch type things now - four of the feckers) but still. Symbolic.

We did OK. Weightwise for sure. There are other metrics.

A couple more posts here and we’ll be done.

Nick

IMG_6719.jpeg
IMG_6718.jpeg
f275e18e-ed69-4db1-b9e8-0bd584fcea40.jpeg

IMG_6858.jpeg

Red - Mimosa x Orange Punch
Orange - Gorilla Glue/Royal Gorilla
Green - Hulkberry/Bruce Banner
White - Wedding Crasher
Purple - Really? Such a Queen…
Black - CBD Warlock
Yellow - Slurricane
Blue - Again? Berry, innit?
Pink - Strawberry Cheesecake Auto not pictured.

So the winners?

Me mostly - that was huge fun.

The @Barney's Farm Mimosa x Orange Punch is just an epic strain to grow. Not smoked it yet (not smoked most of these strains though) grows big and easy. A New Orleans joint.

Gorilla Glue #obvs

Hulkberry looks like it got a B

Wedding Crasher. Sure has yielded a bunch of pretty purple bud but was a pain to pop 2/6 lived only. Maybe a bad batch. Then there was with the hermie worries.

CBD Warlock a pleasure.

Purple Queen maybe the best on yield and pretty? Slurricane went big.

To be honest it was just the Blueberry didn’t really work out. They were freebies and ai know others have grown it out epically so just didn’t like me this time. We harvest half a plant last week so maybe when its all bagged and tagged it’ll look better.

HPS and CMH? I’ve done it now. Never say never but I’m not hurrying back! Its not just the power its the heat management as well. Without Co2 and AC the wheels fell off (it was 1000w in a 4x4 - I recognise this in mildly insane)

Single door tents - don’t buy one for flower. Two doors good. One door bad.

Solo cups - they can do it. There’s quite a bit of popcorn there, could have scraped the lowers down and got more up top perhaps? But not many people here are selling and for home use and friends popcorn is just fine. Gets you high in a joint or a bong or a vape. Ours will go in our pre rolls Energy and Relax. We’re a bit light on Indicas in store so this indica heavy haul is welcome.

What have I learnt? Not much more than that. Next grow is nearly good to go. Upped the pot size to 110oz

The light is 1000w triple dimmer L to the E to the D. The tent 5x5 and two door. The irrigation system same as our main flower room. Netafim collars small size.

Going to get them all tested this week. Gulp - hope that they have a special on!

Did I hit a kilo? Dunno yet! We’ll know in a week! There’s going to be some judgement calls on what to include. The yellowed stuff is great for rosin but I’m thinking not to include it. Popcorn I’m ok with counting.

It was whole lot of fun though. Any questions fire away. What would I do differently? See my new journal for @Canuk Seeds Skunkworks #3

Numbers and all that in a week.

Nick and a bunch of weed

Oh seeds. Yeah 😂

We got seeds which I’ll take as a bonus. This a light wet trim happening now and & Co is leaving them in. Final trim next week she’ll take them out.

Anyone want some I can tell you the mother plant - who fucked who in that tent I can’t tell you, everyones sorta looking around guiltily now the fun is over 🤣

A nine strain orgy just took place. Who knows maybe we got the next epic worldie strain in there?

& Co wants a new 8x4, two lights and an AC to go in the kids house down the road. Maybe we could run them in there

Sure we got spares though. I’ll tally them up along with the weights next week.

I asked & Co what they’ll yield. “One kee-low for sure”

No doubt in her voice and she knows this stuff better than me. 1 kee-low out of a 4x4 in solos? That’s over 2lbs in old money. 9 strains. Tell me that’s not appealing to any hobbyist grower for friends and family?

Livin’ the dream - we’ll do better next time out. 🤣🤣🤣

Nick and Dreams

I haven’t even asked for some fast dry yet! Where to start?

Some real nice nugs and a bit too much fluffy but that’s OK. Still gets you stoned just not show piece stuff. But then we got plenty that too - its just pre trim not final.

IMG_6946.jpeg

I haven’t even asked for some fast dry yet! Where to start?

Some real nice nugs and a bit too much fluffy but that’s OK. Still gets you stoned just not show piece stuff. But then we got plenty that too - its just pre trim not final.

IMG_6946.jpeg
Is that your hand or the missus's tiny hand ? Im onto you🤣🤣🤣🤣
Nice looking all the same 🤤

Congratulations on the harvest Nick :clap: I enjoyed this one so thanks for shearing! You have alot of sampling & reports to do now the best part 😂 fingers crossed for the Kilo but I'm confident one that with your set up.
I was going to reduce my pot size to 5L but you recommend 3L? I run pretty much the same system as you.
I have a 4x4 and without access to the back its hard work in flower 🤦‍♂️ I was thinking of reducing to a practical 3x3 but I just can't be sensible 😂
Anywhoo loved it, lookin forward to the next 👌

I went 5x5 as Mars really the only known game in town, they’re ok. The 4x4 and the 8x4 both have rips near the zips in them after fairly light use. (They’re 11 and 8 months old) Have another pallet the same to cut out 12 larger holes and the extra space and the extra doorI think will allow 160-200 grams a plant. Its part engineering - they’ll have a slightly lower CoG and also when I googled “super size solo cups” these are what popped up. Grow fierce weed in bulk and look classy while doing it 😂

I reckon even 2L and you’re good in coco. I've watched a lot of Youtube videos on commercial grow rooms lately. Been trying to guestimate pot sizes.

Back
Top Bottom