Nick Hardy's Skunk Works #4 Mars Hydro FC Evo 12x OG Kush Solos 4x4 - Viva Voce Grow

Yeah get outta here!

I am. This is my swansong. Duck song - they do echo btw - Cambridge University proved it, it the specific resonance stuff over water and their tone.

Looks like a new journal, reads like a new journal and so probably is a new journal.

Quack

The premise of this grow is:

25 Regular Bruce Banner #3 x Gorilla Glue #4 from Canuk. It all started for us with Bruce Banner and Gorilla Glue was when it all clicked. Its gonna be super cool.

So I gotta learn to sex 'em. "All about sex baaay-beee"

This Sativa dominant strain was crafted by joining together two juggernauts, GG#4 and Bruce Banner.

The resulting cultivar will flowering in around 9 weeks+ with large yields of up to 500g/m² of some astonishingly potent flowers up to 30% THC.

So good - they're in the clearance bin. But whatever. No one but never done send me free seeds before so worth a go!

The plan is - gonna grow them in a 4x4 with a @Mars Hydro FCE4800 light. We have a couple under utilised in the veg tent.

They are really solid lights from one of the sponsors round these parts.

The wires annoy me - prefer them integral but whatever. I am a spoilt brat.

4x4 also from @Mars Hydro from our last Solo grow.

Gonna pop all 25 we hopefully have coming. 18 will go in this grow with upgraded irrigation.

No sensors. No AC and no gas.

When we sex them - and I need to read up on Azi/Stone - 10 days flip to 12/12 to sex then re veg - we'll have, all being well, 9 ladies. We'll have 7 so 3/4 more for clones and spares and maybe silver thingy to fem the others but its not really the point here. This is everyman.

I only want 9 because Bill told me he reckoned 9 was optimal last grow out.

This is an every person grow in a 4x4 - I was gonna use the 320w NONAME brand light we have but yeah c'mon - $420 after the @420 discount and maybe a Co2 bag - most growers can get can get this done.

A Ph pen, DP nutes and coco and a bunch of solo cups in a 4x4.

That's it - oh skin and eyes.

They're really important!

So yeah let's go.

Thank you @Canuk Seeds (please make sure they arrive!) and all of ya on 420magazine.com for learning me.

Nick

Type fast, spell bad and leave a fun corpse of work.

This was just meant to be private a little while longer and my second favourite Canadian (Hard to argue with Ryan Reynolds - I could only afford a pool team last night not a whole football club like him 😘 but you are better looking than Ryan Gosling, he looks like a young goose 🤣)

But yeah this is the tent

IMG_6940.jpeg

Needs a clean and she ain’t getting well maybe ain’t getting AC or full gas. Really just anyone with a 4x4 can bag a kilo like this easy. Skin and eyes.

I hope!

Being stalked by Bill? Made my day!

This was just meant to be private a little while longer and my second favourite Canadian (Hard to argue with Ryan Reynolds - I could only afford a pool team last night not a whole football club like him 😘 but you are better looking than Ryan Gosling, he looks like a young goose 🤣)

But yeah this is the tent

IMG_6940.jpeg

Needs a clean and she ain’t getting well maybe ain’t getting AC or full gas. Really just anyone with a 4x4 can bag a kilo like this easy. Skin and eyes.

I hope!

Being stalked by Bill? Made my day!
Imagine if I could run co2 in the greenhouse.
Those high temps, it would be awesome.
Thanks for your help with my co2 setup.
Total game changer.
Let's see what the girls do without it this time.
Your obviously running AC. though?
That heat is killer in a 4x4 with a decent light.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

@Bill284

My own- your own Co2 infused grows aren’t achievable (nor safe!) for, lets call him Bob, our average grower on a budget in a 4x4 in a cupboard or bedroom.

Nor are my $800 lights accessible to everyone. They’re $800 right?!

This grow is for as normal cheap and easy as I can make it to grow 2lb’s out of a 4x4

Small pots mean less medium and less nutes, great value light from @Mars Hydro in one of their tents - the pallet I used before which you can make your own @Cola Monster made some lovely wooden ones do the same job for solos - and yeah I’m lazy about the feeding so I will use the irrigation system we already have but a watering can will do the same job!

I almost want to do it with my $100 320w Chinese special light to make it even more affordable but I’m too precious for that 😆

This is my dunno Blueprint for indoor photo growing.

Stand on the shoulders of giant's I do!

Its not for say @Carmen Ray Autos on a table top or other myriad people.

Its not a SIP for @Azimuth its just me trying refine my grow style for anyone with a 4x4, a light, some seeds and a dream of growing a very decent weight ‘o weed.

Nick

Oh and please no one tag @InTheShed - keeps telling me I have too many journals.

I promise all those rearranged threads in my sig - they are all gonna be marked completed by say end Jan/early Feb then I be retired.

This thread was really mean to be #3 but slow boat from China meant it became this 🤣 def not @Jon kinda grow either we only got 480w here!

Yeah @Absorber they’re on a boat 🤣

Stitched up like a kipper in the right hand pocket of a pair of strides.

Nick with the horizon in sight, steady hand the tiller, with skin and eyes. (And 20 litres of Cal Mag 😂 just for @Kanno26)

@Bill284

My own- your own Co2 infused grows aren’t achievable (nor safe!) for, lets call him Bob, our average grower on a budget in a 4x4 in a cupboard or bedroom.

Nor are my $800 lights accessible to everyone. They’re $800 right?!

This grow is for as normal cheap and easy as I can make it to grow 2lb’s out of a 4x4

Small pots mean less medium and less nutes, great value light from @Mars Hydro in one of their tents - the pallet I used before which you can make your own @Cola Monster made some lovely wooden ones do the same job for solos - and yeah I’m lazy about the feeding so I will use the irrigation system we already have but a watering can will do the same job!

I almost want to do it with my $100 320w Chinese special light to make it even more affordable but I’m too precious for that 😆

This is my dunno Blueprint for indoor photo growing.

Stand on the shoulders of giant's I do!

Its not for say @Carmen Ray Autos on a table top or other myriad people.

Its not a SIP for @Azimuth its just me trying refine my grow style for anyone with a 4x4, a light, some seeds and a dream of growing a very decent weight ‘o weed.

Nick
I get the everyday grower aspect.
Even though irrigation is cheating just a touch.😅
You run solos that big without irrigation and you will never do it again. :rofl:
I have 6 girls still in solos, fed every day full strength nutrients with calmag at 5.8.
It's way too much work.
I find bigger pots more forgiving.
On a hot day they drain so quick.
Besides I'm using MC.
Talk about your economical nutrients.
Brilliant stuff.
Cost pennies to mix a batch.
Infact the calmag cost more.
Besides that it goes against my theory of roots being responsible for growth.
Those big Spears you grow are incredible from a solo.
Seriously crazy good results from such a small root ball.
Mine look terrible. I used them like a canary in a coal mine.
Feeding them ridiculous ppms to see the results.
No burning or issues meant I could do the same with the big ones.
So funny one branch is bigger than the 6/1/23 girls.
Just one branch on the Mango Mousse was over half a pound of bud.
It weighed 7 pounds on the scale " wet" minus some for the wood and leaves probably 5 of bud.
Divide that by 10 = half a pound, bananas right. :rofl:
Next year 4 plants trained properly will yield more than I need.
Much much more simple too.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

You run solos that big without irrigation and you will never do it again. :rofl:
I have 6 girls still in solos, fed every day full strength nutrients with calmag at 5.8.
It's way too much work.
Besides I'm using MC.
Brilliant stuff.
It weighed 7 pounds on the scale " wet" minus some for the wood and leaves probably 5 of bud.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎
You taught me so much mucker! Really, really really - I owe you so much.

It's way too much work.
It is and #3 I'm cheating and using 110oz Solos basically because they're pretty AF! But your average 3/4's (75%) of a gallon black/grey pot from the garden supply place gonna do the same job.

The theory I'm set on - we're on coco so its a hydro grow. There is a limit to how many roots they need, same as a SIP when they drink straight from the res.

We're gonna stress them there roots on the sides with nice air holes to prune them and then they figure - you know what this is all we got root space wise, lets make do and mend and grow upstairs and concentrate on that. So yeah - stress the roots.

Where it not for the engineering support a 5 gallon Airpot provides (we have literally the same ones - yours came with the postcards 😅) I'd prefer this size for our main grow.

Coco and fert cost money! 21 plants in our flower room x 5 gallons equals 420 litres of coco - coco don't come for free even in Thailand!

But yeah - irrigation its a ballache. You need the patience of Cola Monster to do it twice a day every day in solos.

OK - I think I can do it another way - gravity off a water cooler?

But I schelped 6 litre bottles of water up the stairs to feed my first two plants for months, making the mix twice a day in full flower with little syringes, getting the order of the mix right every time.

Some new grower wants success? Yeah you gotta do the hard yards - I think it learns you more than just being annoying! It teaches you a certain level of commitment.

Wax On - Wax Off Daniel San - Mr Miyagi

Countries that grow rice really good at maths.

But the magic number - so simple! Went something like this when I killed 25 Girl Scout Cookies (You gotta own your failures 😅!)

So my friend, don't worry too much - did you make sure you were always feeding at 5.8? @Bill284

Nah I wasn't and in my defense I was using soil nutes from Dutch Pro designed to self regulate and switched to the Hydro/Coco blend.

5.8 fixed it all.

So maybe if I'm really lucky just one person, one new grower anyone reads this journal and learns something that unlocks it all for them, this game and joy of growing cannabis - just as that simple thing unlocked it for me. I know, I know 5.8, d'uh! But it was that a few other things too. That was just the tipping point.

That's why I want this simple and accessible, not mad difficult or expensive. But you gotta do the work first time out 😆

NIck

You taught me so much mucker! Really, really really - I owe you so much.

It is and #3 I'm cheating and using 110oz Solos basically because they're pretty AF! But your average 3/4's (75%) of a gallon black/grey pot from the garden supply place gonna do the same job.

The theory I'm set on - we're on coco so its a hydro grow. There is a limit to how many roots they need, same as a SIP when they drink straight from the res.

We're gonna stress them there roots on the sides with nice air holes to prune them and then they figure - you know what this is all we got root space wise, lets make do and mend and grow upstairs and concentrate on that. So yeah - stress the roots.

Where it not for the engineering support a 5 gallon Airpot provides (we have literally the same ones - yours came with the postcards 😅) I'd prefer this size for our main grow.

Coco and fert cost money! 21 plants in our flower room x 5 gallons equals 420 litres of coco - coco don't come for free even in Thailand!
It's got to be your number one export ??
Right it just grows on trees over there. :rofl:
Don't they produce tons of it?
I reuse my coco.
Let it dry, pull out loose roots and mix it 50/50 with new stuff. And perlite etc....
Otherwise I'd have mounds of it left over.
But yeah - irrigation its a ballache. You need the patience of Cola Monster to do it twice a day every day in solos.

OK - I think I can do it another way - gravity off a water cooler?

But I schelped 6 litre bottles of water up the stairs to feed my first two plants for months, making the mix twice a day in full flower with little syringes, getting the order of the mix right every time.

Some new grower wants success? Yeah you gotta do the hard yards - I think it learns you more than just being annoying! It teaches you a certain level of commitment.

Countries that grow rice really good at maths.

But the magic number - so simple! Went something like this when I killed 25 Girl Scout Cookies (You gotta own your failures 😅!)

Nah I wasn't and in my defense I was using soil nutes from Dutch Pro designed to self regulate and switched to the Hydro/Coco blend.

5.8 fixed it all.

So maybe if I'm really lucky just one person, one new grower anyone reads this journal and learns something that unlocks it all for them, this game and joy of growing cannabis - just as that simple thing unlocked it for me. I know, I know 5.8, d'uh! But it was that a few other things too. That was just the tipping point.

That's why I want this simple and accessible, not mad difficult or expensive. But you gotta do the work first time out 😆

NIck

Use your irrigation system properly and those huge solos will be fine.
Don't change things.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Right it just grows on trees over there. :rofl:
I think it grows on trees everywhere it grows!

Pineapples they grow in shrubs. That was weird leaning that! Growing one even!

Oh but the solo cups ai’ve ordered for this grow. Honestly the gold coloured ones $150 for 50 - I’d have done it but on Ebay which is weird in itself but I’m somehow banned from Ebay - despite paying and everything the vendor reported me for not paying - but Paypal/Amex/Ebay all say I paid the $30 - really weird.

Anyway not gold. i bought 150 solos in tree different colours to be sure cost me like $15 not $150 so #winning 🤣

Anyone want to guess the three tree colours?

All new.

It's way too much work.
Besides I'm using MC.
Brilliant stuff.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎
You must use a whole room just for storing all your bud.

You must use a whole room just for storing all your bud.
Nah. I put it all in my pant/boxer shorts cupboard 🤣

Got about 8lbs/3.5kg there. Which is un cool because I want to be selling it!

IMG_7147.jpeg

They’re pound grove bags weigh 47 grams so we fill to 547g for half kilo clear - man I could send people (free!) our weed. You’d believe.

@Greenvein asked why I was buying so much weed and I said (genuinely) “research” Ours is better in every way and on every day than the most expensive I can buy here.

Research mission complete.

We’re gonna vacuum pack 100g of each the six strains in those bags. Crush it and get rid of the sticky icky. Think it will sell better. Its what is prized in the market at the moment. Dried out yellow bud preferably with that sweet sweet taste of PGR from the Cali glut.

Soul destroying.

Not saying its all like that but ai can’t beat a $1 a gram even we work for free.

But you got a ton of three year old Cali Outdoor grown been compressed - non legal to sell? Yeah. They can beat that price.

Tragic.

I think it grows on trees everywhere it grows!

Pineapples they grow in shrubs. That was weird leaning that! Growing one even!

Oh but the solo cups ai’ve ordered for this grow. Honestly the gold coloured ones $150 for 50 - I’d have done it but on Ebay which is weird in itself but I’m somehow banned from Ebay - despite paying and everything the vendor reported me for not paying - but Paypal/Amex/Ebay all say I paid the $30 - really weird.

Anyway not gold. i bought 150 solos in tree different colours to be sure cost me like $15 not $150 so #winning 🤣

Anyone want to guess the three tree colours?

All new.
No please just tell me. Those solo grows are so cool so much plant in a small cup.

Back
Top Bottom