Nick Hardy's Big Grow 2023 Gorilla Glue Skunk 11 OG Kush Coco Peat Co2 Mars Hydro

Not just a sea of foxtails, but a sea of purple foxtails! Is this heaven?
Its just ridiculous. The OG Kush, all six of them are just crazy purple. I need them cut. There’s a plan to do in 6 hours. We want to do in 30 hours.

See what happens. But they are peak.

I guess it will fall on me, with heavy heart, to test smoke a quick dry in the next day or so. The things I do for & Co…

Nick (don’t tell her I said that!)

We have 90L but probaly 75L usable of nutes. I’m giving half at lights on plus one hour, 10am
Or so a lazy 10:30sm tomorrow. Then half at lights off minus 3 hours at 5pm.

Then we chop about two hours after lights on (humidity call) 10:30am or whatever looks good.

Chop chop.

Nick & Co (with a plan)

So the chopping has begun. And halted almost as soon as it started. We chopped the reference crazy OG Kush. Miss tentacles. She sure lived up to her name. With the supports removed she was like an octopus. We also chopped about half another OG. I’m not convinced it needed doing but it frees up a load of light space which is helpful. I’m not even sure about chopping more tomorrow now. There’s a scope picture. Its from a lower bud that was less developed than the upper ones. Would someone mind offering an opinion? I’m not entirely sure what I’m looking for.

Can take more photos - just waiting for & Co to go to the market so I can chop and quick dry a primo bud 🤣

But yeah harvest has officially begun!

Nick & Co

Drying enviro looking better by the hour. Took the Inkbird out of the veg tent and put it in there. The veg tent I’m not worried about there. The outlook is hot, humid and Co2 sodden there for now.

This is more important.

We have clones, veg, flower and drying I might pop a seed tonight for fun 😅 oh the outdoor mothers too!

Nick & Co (with new stresses)

For reasons I don’t full understand & Co and I decided to chop the reference Gorilla Glue in the shorter section, the one someone squished in a door and I smoked already. Honestly the best smoke I’ve ever had. I’m new back in the game remember but I have also been never further than 100 yards from a shop or bar selling weed for 9 months now.

We snuck in after lights out, removed her feeding collar dragged her outside into thr light and chopped her to pieces.

Its pretty horrible. Couldn’t imagine farming animals. I have huge respect for those that do.

Anyway she was gutted when we ceased cutting operations earlier and under the guise of going to a growers/shop association thing tomorrow asked could we not cut another plant. I’m not sure that meeting will happen or ever existed. She just wanted to kill a plant. So we did and wowee she’s a beaut.

Bigger than tentacles! And the Gorilla Glue backs a whopper more punch than the OG Kush from first smoke.

She lived a good life.

Got some pics. Buy shares in ladder makers - I need 4 more or a new design for drying.

2.5/18 chopped. Not guessing yields yet. Obviously I now am.

“What’s the first thing you think of I say don’t think of elephants?”

& Co with me. Yield down on Banners so far. But two plants one light. Now were’s at 6 plants per light. Seems reasonable.

Nick & Co (With bloodlust temporarily sated)

The gorilla glue is epic. 4 days older than previously tested from a better bud site. fast dried for 90 minutes - yeah best I’ve ever had off the Mighty + Taste like 7/10 - chlory lots. Bit deeper richer coffee and toast stuff, guess these will go diesel per the strain, when you burn the edge off now (this will happen in cure, right) Fast dried, no cure to be expected. But I’m mashed like never before off similar hits from the standardised delivery device.

Try saying that quickly.

Night.

Nick & Co

And so if begins...

Congratulations on the start of harvest season, and might I suggest you stop using terms like

if you want to make the whole thing more palatable!
Yeah true. And the rest of the sunset will be nicer. But it does move me. It feels rough.

Anyway the 16 girls that remain today fed just borehole water. Its about Ph 7 and 0.8EC out the ground. We have to chop them and get them drying because the next grow is too big width wise in the tent. Did plain water today. We chop in the morning after a flush for last growth. Then up pot the others in the evening after a few hours maintenance. First OG Kush sold. Half an ounce. Mates rates - he was just dying to try it and knows its quick dried.

Busy day coming up tomorrow, we have 2cm x 2cm x 3m steel bars in a triangle with a step ladder and a painters ladder to hang off above a bed with a Frozen Elsa Princess bedsheet on and a David Hockney fake painting in blue and pink pastels on the wall. Its a very nice peaceful dark, cool and dry room.

Nick & Co (meetings and a birthday all day)

A friend who lives here I met through a HK guy who actually was really good mates with a very close friend of mine in HK. His 60th today (26/3 now). He’s 60 and my Dad 70 today. The mutal friend came over and bought some OG today before the “Party” I was designated driver. & Co trimmed about 2oz today. For quick sale to some people desperate for more of our stuff as the Banner been gone for a while. I swear she picks at bits and eats it. She doesn’t smoke but she was spangled and didn’t drink much I saw!

Tomorrow is going to be hard work.

I have homework on lights and diagrams of big commercial grow rooms in the morning. She’s chopping, then after lunch its all hands on deck up potting. Its also hot as hell still. Weather keeps threatening to break to rainy season and its not. Its just hot! Its the tropics version of “the dog days of August” in the northern/western bit of the world when its peak temperature, end of August and even the village dog can’t be bothered to argue with a stranger!

And we have a bunch of weed to harvest/up pot/ move floors/ servive flower room - Sunday and we are begging the AC guy to come out for a quick filter clean before we put plants back in.

Its busy! But my day starts sith a trip to a lovely 2 story stationary shop yo biyba nee notebook and my favourite technical drawing pen followed by a nice breakfast, maybe a country style one, bacon, potatoes, onion and dome fried eggs on top. Followed by a nice fresh notebook and pen and steel ruler drawing stuff. & Co will be cutting and hanging the 16 plants.

Nick & Co (she deserves her hours of being blitzed before the storm!)

Happy birthday to your dad and your mate. I like your description of the dog days of August, when even the village dog can't be asked to muster energy to bark at a stranger. If you don't already write, you should take it up!
Good luck with the harvest!

Lets rattle through this shall we.

We harvested 7 full plants and then like the tops of about 4 more.

The last photo is how they grew (new grow already started going in at this point. We only used 18 “seats” this grow but have 21. We needed to add some feeding collars and move that fan while it was empty to go to 21 plants for next one.

We have that stuff off the ladders and steel. drying.

The we up potted out other grow to 5 gallons and realised not a moment too soon. So we shifted the remains of this grow into the veg tent downstairs. Switched that to 12/12 which means we also flipped 3-4 plants at the same time.

Its a good thing. The Skunk 11 is mostly rubbish now. Leave it for two weeks under the 480w lights it might perk up. Might not. Don’t care too much. It will have to be amazing for me to bother again. Sensitive and low yield so far.

We have quite a lot of weed in various stages around the house because on moving downstairs we had too much so had to chop another two plants that is still on the kitchen table needs hanging. At least dunno 1.5kg wet weight 🤣 thats on the cola so obviously much less yield.

Wowsa busy.

Photos below.

Nick & Co

Happy belated birthday to your dad and friend! And obviously congratulations on the in-process slaughter chop of your girls plants. :thumb:

I'm looking forward to more pics of the executions harvest and the crew doing the all-hands-on-deck production-line trimming. 👀

Oh yeah, and put some pics of your drawings in the OT thread, or at least the cool new tools!
Tssk tssk! Such language young man. There are 9 fine ladies cable tied to wooden stakes in a dark tent as I write. They were fed well before lights out too.

The less said of the 8 hanging upside down cable tied to ladders the better, God bless their souls… 😅

Drawings? Tools?

Remind me?

Will head over to OT.

Nick

Back
Top Bottom