Nick Hardy's Big Grow 2023 Gorilla Glue Skunk 11 OG Kush Coco Peat Co2 Mars Hydro

First 1lb Grove Bag filled with OG Kush. We’re filling them to 500g or “halfa key” if you talk like I imagine Weff does (He’s from near where I’m from originally) so its a good guess he knows what I’m talking about, eh, geeze?

Revising down daily. If anything some is over dried already. That room is very very cool and dry. Should get some moisture back in with the grove bags sealed.

OG Kush finished. Some needs a bit more dry before the final weigh. Looking lower than we hoped even yesterday. Just hit 1KG for the 6 plants/one light. The mistakes we made. Meh. Better in 8 weeks. Better in 8 weeks.

Nick & Co

Yeah Azi, I know. I’m not the first person disappointed with the hopes and dreams of mega yields I suspect!

A kilo a light is really very good I reckon?

I just know what we left out there!

Luckily in 8 weeks or so we’re harvesting again - the girls currently on Day #2 Flower. So we have a second chance.

Still for a first big grow, 2 plants first, 18 second grow reckon we did pretty good! 21 next up.

Nick

Maybe stick a SIP plant in the mix and see how it would do when given the same attention the others get. ;)
There’s some just space efficiencies. But if you see my stealth grow (hiding it from & Co) in my OT thread maybe I could find a square bucket and some space under lights for one plant of those two currently little SIPs

🤔

Nick

You've done good. Don't be disappointed for long. You'll get better and better at it and this you know already. I'm just saying it again to reiterate the point and give you some encouragement. Before you know it, it will be smooth operations and bumper crops. Congrats on an excellent first harvest!

@Mars Hydro reckon 2.5g per watt off these lights. Its a big call and will be under optimal conditions and who knows what strain they grow to hit it.

I was with 10 light company people from another company last month. They have an office building like opposite Mars in Shenzhen. Their lights are beautiful and they want to be better than Mars because Mars is extremely good. But they sort of laughed at the 2.5g or 3.0g for the best lights per watt levels.

“We can tell you ours will do better (they are a generation ahead on diodes) but we don’t think you can get 2.5 a watt.”

Next grow, next grow we’ll hit 2.5g a watt. Better environment. Better plants. Better strains. Better knowledge.

I really think its possible. With like high THC not just a massive yielding CBD plant grown for months. 8 weeks flower top sativas and indicas.

There’s no commercial motivation for this at the moment!

Market is tanking. We’re flooded with low grade Cali import because is cheap (glut there so sending their B & C Grade here) and better quality than the glut of bad fast grown, fast dried Thai grown stuff.

So one glut is increasing the glut elsewhere.

But that’s OK for us.

We can sit it out a bit. Our quality is next level stuff to the Cali that comes here. They’re hardly sending out their A Grade based on what I’ve tried. Its not great on the hands, eyes or lungs.

Better than all the early Thai stuff though.

A couple of months those imports will get shut down or import duty introduced. “80% of all dispensary sales must be certified country of origin Thailand”

The dispensaries will then start buying Thai grown which will be a better standard and cheaper anyway.

We’re fine. A few kilos a month In Grove Bags (do they sponsor here? They should. Great product - just don’t walk into a sales meeting a 1lb bag of sample, its a buyers market! 😆) it will keep a year in perfect condition, I reckon.

But the bigger operations ? Some squeaky bums round these parts!

Nick

Trim hoes on and still 6 under lights. & Co reckons she’s up to 500g a grove bag a day now. We have a kilo bagged now. 7/8 half plants left. We’ll break 3kg. Think we’re both now relaxed about that. She wasn’t even counting the baby buds when she got all pessimistic. That was scrap to her, not even leaves like just actusl baby pretty buds. I mean dispensary primo but let me toll you one off that, knock your head off. I had something similar earlier and insta laughed. It was obviousky the best hit ever through the Mighty which helps standardised my hits. 3 Day Dried GG. I had 2 hits. Normally it would be 4 in an hour. Those two were 6 hours ago. I’ve worked written here, and chatted loads with my friends. Strongest weed my a mile I’ve ever smoked. Banner yeah even when it was a month cured. Not this good.

My first non mate paying customer buying at cheap because he was an early buyer of the banner said look you getting that price because love for you chasing me when new stuff available I asked for feedback after 3 smokes and no feedback before tomorrow afternoon AND no feedback at 2am specifically. My new engineer buddy for the oil stuff says, “Yeah Nick talks sense, I used to have to test for work. Try it put the first time and a couple more.”
He really did.
The giy messaged me at 1:40am asking for a swap. Doesn’t suit him. Not good.

I laugh.

Send him back. Sure thing you can have 5g each of Skunk 11 and OG Kush free and your money back. Or keep the GG and have the 10g free with my sincere apologies.

I went home and tried the exact same bin of GG and laughed at how good it was. About teo hours before he sent me that. Its truely sublime in taste and power. Very strong. Not too strong. Flavour lovely. Big but not a debilitating Indica body smash, I was learning in detail about oil extraction and meeting industry people. Then a fierce non anxious sativa busy and get stuff done perfectly for hours. Its great. Epic.

He chucked too much in a joint and won’t want a refund. Because the other ten people tested it seem very fond of it. By tomorrow he’ll have come back 😅 if not I’m happy to have his 9.95g of that stuff back 🤣

Trim pick and I have an inkbird in a tent with I think OG Kush. I did this yesterday but & Co onocked it out the basket and the batteries came out so the figures are missing a day and so the way it reports the averages mesn the humidty is actually more like 45% in the basket bud obvs higher still mostly

Nick & Co

33B1CA6B-5EE2-4E7E-9DC3-02DE051AF9FB.jpeg

058D6435-3164-4F5E-88D8-8A3A2FDE90E5.jpeg

Trim Update

OG Kush all done - some left to bag up in a mo.
Gorilla Glue - will finish the next hour or.bringing the strain average up all by its self. Lots of that and its too strong for me!
Skunk 11 - not started yet. Some still growing even. Predicted finish Sunday.

All done, weighed and bagged by Sunday evening. The end of the journal coming soon.

Nick & Co

GG still not finished 😆 1.5kg A Grade for sale There’s a kilo bagged. At least half a bag on the trim line now plus another plant still to trim. Its also fire! V Happy with that.

OG Kush - 710g A Grade for sale bagged and curing
About 500g of C Grade. This is popcorn and the small buds, squashed buds. Disappointingly squashed in one case! 🥲

Skunk 11 yet to start. Reckon something like the OG on the A Grade but way less on the C Grade. They were always skinnier and frankly I’m surprised as they were a pain to grow at all times relative to the other strains.

& Co reckons 3.2kg A. I think more like 2.99 because I’m a pessimist today! Have one of those bugs that seems to hit expats here every few months. Some upset tummy, mild headache, can’t keep anything other than water down far less eat. Should pass by tomorrow, its not helped by the weather just refusing to break!

Its been above average hot here for a few weeks now. 30% chance of a short thunderstorm overnight. Fingers crossed. The dog days of August (Its March but further north - actually Carmen is in the dog days now but only 21c? Autumn already, I guess)

Anyway - about 1KG per @Mars Hydro FC6500. I think with better strains and an extra plant under each light we could get well over 1.5kg per light. Target 5-6kg total A Grade.

For the gram per watt, these lights are rated to 2.5 per watt. I’m not sure which number they use hopefully the larger one (one wattage of 680 on the driver but literature says 730w so I’ll use that.

On A Grade only 730w x 3 = 2190w
3000g/2190 = 1.36g per watt.

If I pull some chicanery and say (not true!) that all 6 GG were under one light
1500g/730w then it looks better 2.05g per watt.

I think we can beat the 2.5g next time out. That’s my aim at least. The lights are great, expensive sure but you get what you pay for. I think the room is 1” too narrow to get the larger FC8000 or new FC1000’s in I would have done but I’m not sure how much that would improve yield anyway because the room is basically one big light wall to wall. You could barely get a rolling paper between them at the moment! When the light companies start putting LM301H rather than B in (and from the top model diode bins please!) then I think we’ll swap out. Run a couple more grows with these. They’d make a for a great larger Veg room as well if we expand. So thanks Mars!

Nick & Co (Meh, over today! 😅)

GG still not finished 😆 1.5kg A Grade for sale There’s a kilo bagged. At least half a bag on the trim line now plus another plant still to trim. Its also fire! V Happy with that.

OG Kush - 710g A Grade for sale bagged and curing
About 500g of C Grade. This is popcorn and the small buds, squashed buds. Disappointingly squashed in one case! 🥲

Skunk 11 yet to start. Reckon something like the OG on the A Grade but way less on the C Grade. They were always skinnier and frankly I’m surprised as they were a pain to grow at all times relative to the other strains.

& Co reckons 3.2kg A. I think more like 2.99 because I’m a pessimist today! Have one of those bugs that seems to hit expats here every few months. Some upset tummy, mild headache, can’t keep anything other than water down far less eat. Should pass by tomorrow, its not helped by the weather just refusing to break!

Its been above average hot here for a few weeks now. 30% chance of a short thunderstorm overnight. Fingers crossed. The dog days of August (Its March but further north - actually Carmen is in the dog days now but only 21c? Autumn already, I guess)

Anyway - about 1KG per @Mars Hydro FC6500. I think with better strains and an extra plant under each light we could get well over 1.5kg per light. Target 5-6kg total A Grade.

For the gram per watt, these lights are rated to 2.5 per watt. I’m not sure which number they use hopefully the larger one (one wattage of 680 on the driver but literature says 730w so I’ll use that.

On A Grade only 730w x 3 = 2190w
3000g/2190 = 1.36g per watt.

If I pull some chicanery and say (not true!) that all 6 GG were under one light
1500g/730w then it looks better 2.05g per watt.

I think we can beat the 2.5g next time out. That’s my aim at least. The lights are great, expensive sure but you get what you pay for. I think the room is 1” too narrow to get the larger FC8000 or new FC1000’s in I would have done but I’m not sure how much that would improve yield anyway because the room is basically one big light wall to wall. You could barely get a rolling paper between them at the moment! When the light companies start putting LM301H rather than B in (and from the top model diode bins please!) then I think we’ll swap out. Run a couple more grows with these. They’d make a for a great larger Veg room as well if we expand. So thanks Mars!

Nick & Co (Meh, over today! 😅)
bummer mate, sorry you are under the weather. I am too. I've been in bed since Tuesday with flu / cold. The weather is perfect and I'm too knackered to enjoy it. I hope we both feel hundreds soon!

That sucks! Yeah those lovely Western Cape autumns. Sit outside with out melting during the day and golf so much easier to play. HK is very similar in November. Air gets crisper. Here I just need it down to 28-29c and some rain for a change! I’m worried about our borehole! Drought about 3-4 years ago and everyone’s emptied, reservoirs ran dry water was shipped in by trucks and people had water stolen from unattended swimming pools. The idiots renting our house before we bought it just kept trying to run it without spending $10 a week to have a truck come and deliver it. So eventually of the last 2 years nearly all the taps, shower heads and bum guns (I’ll put a picture of a bum gun for anyone not familiar in OT 😂) they all popped and needed replacing anyway. Not cheap for any of it! We’d be OK but I can imagine we have to go to trucks for a few weeks it will be horrible. I’d probably have to buy another 1000L tank. The downstairs tank feeds another one on the roof. There are two water rings though and pumping water upstairs takes time 😅

I think the other grow in a couple of weeks or 10 days 100L a day of nutes is going to be possible. 21 plants this time. All in much better bigger shape than these were at the same time. Oh I can check back d’uh!

Get well Carmen. Hopefully by Sunday you’re tip top and having a nice lunch outside somewhere!

Nick

That sucks! Yeah those lovely Western Cape autumns. Sit outside with out melting during the day and golf so much easier to play. HK is very similar in November. Air gets crisper. Here I just need it down to 28-29c and some rain for a change! I’m worried about our borehole! Drought about 3-4 years ago and everyone’s emptied, reservoirs ran dry water was shipped in by trucks and people had water stolen from unattended swimming pools. The idiots renting our house before we bought it just kept trying to run it without spending $10 a week to have a truck come and deliver it. So eventually of the last 2 years nearly all the taps, shower heads and bum guns (I’ll put a picture of a bum gun for anyone not familiar in OT 😂) they all popped and needed replacing anyway. Not cheap for any of it! We’d be OK but I can imagine we have to go to trucks for a few weeks it will be horrible. I’d probably have to buy another 1000L tank. The downstairs tank feeds another one on the roof. There are two water rings though and pumping water upstairs takes time 😅

I think the other grow in a couple of weeks or 10 days 100L a day of nutes is going to be possible. 21 plants this time. All in much better bigger shape than these were at the same time. Oh I can check back d’uh!

Get well Carmen. Hopefully by Sunday you’re tip top and having a nice lunch outside somewhere!

Nick
by bum gun do you refer to the spritzy bidet?

Such a busy day. Loads going on. 2-3 hours in Thai traffic. Farm was nice and helped setup a new extraction thing that seems like it would be fun.

Trim goes on. GG finished not weighed. Skunk 11 being wet trimmed now. Reckon the yield is going to be super low, in part they were a pain to grow. Sure they are all clones from the same pheno. I reckon a 150g delta/variation in average yield versus the Gorilla Glue but the small test I had last week blitzed me. It probably could have gone another week but mould fear as in the tent I pulled it. Maybe left 1-200g out there total for them so meh. But I’d rather just it was gone and bagged.

On final approach to weighing and sealing the bags, tomorrow evening or sooner if the yield is as bad as I fear - but that’s ok. Some pretty epic feelings today!

Thank you all who have read and followed along and even voted. You all helped out along the way. As I said and meant - even people not reading/not writing or people who didn’t read helped out when I came acroos your stuff elsewhere and it helped me with knowledge. Not just in the thread with help and advice but on messages and making me laugh. Been awesome writing this. Thanks so much!

Nick & Co

Two others to thank.

@420 for all they do to make this platform work. I know how the tech works and pretty much what it costs to run. Thank you very much - and thanks to the SEO guys or my lazy search might not have found the site.

@Teddy Edwards - because I know how hard moderation of forum is, why I treat it like trimming, anyone asks just say no! Thank you for steering me right.

Krup Khun kup from Nick

And

Krup Khun Kaa from & Co

Trimmity trimmity and all back in hanging racks drying.

Skunk 11 is maybe looking better than my pessimism yesterday. I walked down this morning to see this pair. There’s more like that. I think the bulk is still to trim. There’s some nice top stuff like these but skinny lower. But that’s I guess if we ran them another 3-4 weeks even probably would have filled out. But the other grow took precedence. All cool. I walk downstairs for breakfast and & Co had left it on the table.

Nick & Co

Back
Top Bottom