Nick Hardy's Skunk Works #3 5x5 - Dissertation Grow

Again, again with the feet ?!?

What do you think? Not helped by still being in the tent with the light.

For me they look pretty much done but another week wouldn't hurt them.
Still lots of white pistils. I like to wait until they they all darken and crinkle in before even starting to look at the trichs.

IMG_1026.jpeg

Anti Whitefly SWAT team just arrived. 120 strong.
What am I looking at 🧐

IMG_1036.jpeg
IMG_1023.jpeg
IMG_0982.jpeg
IMG_1027.jpeg
IMG_1028.jpeg

Meh mould. Its in a tent outdoors in the tropics. Tough gig.

Yay​
Meh​
Decent WeightMissed 2kg
Bigger than average buds2 Underperforming strains
Minimal Waste/larfRan shorter possible THC impact *see below
Caught mould early cheers Farmer 🙏🏼Got mould
Looks pretty/great jar appeal
Smells great
Led to improving HVAC properly

I might come back to that.

Farmer reckons one of the Trop Banana (untouched all by mould) was done anyway despite being short of window. I need to talk to him again about how he read it, the leaf shape. I can see it now from him pointing it out. Full disclosure I’s just double dropped 8mg Gummies. Switching from inspection to harvest in two minutes and its gone. Fortunately I have lots of bud shots to get him to talk me through it again!

its about looking for the last failing growth spurt when it tries to add another layer of buds. Something like that. Uncanny how he was just studying them for a few seconds and going “That one!” 👉

So it was.

& Co reckons there’s about 6-700g of the MOP. She’s better than me at this. Probably about the same of the rest. Plus there’s quite a bit still in the tent. 200g maybe? We’ll know in a about a week or two I guess.

Tomorrow drop the light and run them hard a few days until the HVAC is done then maybe finish them under the CMH and LED 635w 5x5

A journal about to close, tf all round!

Nick

Lady bugs birds like to have a nest in their habitat so I'd set about creating something like this from @Grandpa Tokin (I'm posting it in its entirety since you have some trouble seeing links):

The trick is to ensure they have enough to eat and a safe place to get water. I use a plastic container that has a large hole in the lid. I put the packing stuff that the lady bugs come with and mix some bark, straw, and shredded newspaper with it and put it in the container when I let them out. I also put a small fine sponge in there and keep it soaked daily. I also use raisins as food and place it in the container. Naturally, you need to change out the food regularly. That way they have food and water, if you don't have any nasty bugs. It can also serve as a place to breed, but I haven't had success with that yet. This method gives me about 2 grows before I need to purchase more lady bugs. I'm lucky because they can travel between my veg and flower rooms freely. I keep the container in the veg. The problem is, they die in bunches. I keep a vacuum handy.

F3F3355C-ED1E-4027-B7A7-E835F4F5597B.jpeg

IMG_1052.jpeg

I ise to love those Richard Scarry books. “Cars and Trucks and things that Go” was my favourite. Next stop bookshop to buy for L

IMG_1070.jpeg

Goldbug was a proto “Where’s Wally?” In that.

Anyway L just dumped the ladybirds/bugs in the tents with & Co and left them fend for them selves. They’re basically outdoors in the tents. Hopefully they escape and start breeding in the jungle next door.

At $2 for 120 they can have their freedom.

Still a reasonable amount of weed in here. Dropped the light to about 4” off the trellis.

The rest is drying away nicely in the room. Hopefully get it trimmed Sunday. Weighed up and test after a week or so cure.

Nick

Again, again with the feet ?!?

Still lots of white pistils. I like to wait until they they all darken and crinkle in before even starting to look at the trichs.
Its not a helpful measurement imho. For example I have a Cheese that’s orange all over 4 weeks into flower. Then some stuff just never really goes orange thinking of Seriotica tends to keep white pistils throughout. CBD Warlock goes red - I mean red not orange post harvest. Tightness or “crinkle in” sure but colour not really.

Learned something new yesterday. The eyeball atop the trichs contains the bulk of the THC however some newer very strong strains, Runtz was given as an example (we were chopping some at the time) have ball-less trichs. But have more of them relative to a classic tadpole shape.

Day #97
Day #57 Since Flip
Day #45 Flower

Stage #1 Pop’em 27th October
Stage #2 Peat to sprout 29th October
Stage #3 Seedling Swicks 2nd November
Stage #4 Veg Pots 14th November
Stage #5 Top 2nd December
Stage #6 Defoliation #1 5th December
Stage #7 Flip 6th December
Stage #8 Call Flower 18th December
Stage #9 Defoliation #2 26th December
Stage #10 Flush #3 Weekly 31st January
Stage #11 The Chunkening 8th January
Stage #12 The Chuckening Taper 17th January
Stage #13 HVAC for finishing 27th January
Stage #14 Begin Harvest 30th January
Stage #16 Drying January 31st

So yeah its calyx’s pointing off, looking twisted, malformed. Point extending, tapering. Plant is done and the chances of disease or pests increase, He’s predominantly an Outdoor/Greenhouse guy. Indoor too - HPS old school obviously.

IMG_1085.jpeg
IMG_1086.jpeg
IMG_1088.jpeg
IMG_1089.jpeg

Sunday what remains is going under a 1000w HPS to finish for a few days. Shits and giggles 😂

Fastest way to get them done I reckon. Dunno what’s going on with Gorbachev there at the back. Trop Banana.

IMG_6944.jpeg

The SIP version is gonna be so beautiful. Getting some bamboo for the feed pipe and air hole and bamboo weave for the grate. Natural to counter the beautiful red and white Americana.

Those are 120mm Netafim collars, we use the 250mm on our 5 gallon airpots in the main grow. I bought these way back when and never used them.

Need/want? Its a fair question.

The best advice I have had about growing, bar none, was

From my master grower mate. About the only advice he gave me apart from strain tips. He see’s a picture of a problem and insta, insta tells you what it is. No doubt.

I can do it now pretty much. My arm touches the air in the room and my eyes undress the plant. Disease and problems less good at, lack of experience. I’m useless at diagnosis by photo. Just doesn’t click for me.

So why the fancy $560 sensor and just got an email tack on another $50 import duty 🤣 ?

It does VPD amongst other things. Running a boss level light with Co2 in an AC’d to the max closed loop system I really want to mark myself. Lets see what me old faded blue eyes and and 45 year old skin can tell me versus what the science says. I can’t see myself needing to change much but there’s always missed grams out there - even coming off probably a kilo in a 4x4 😂

I’m committed to the smaller pots though. 3L - 110oz indoor as big as you need to go. Unless you want to grow a single plant but you ain’t getting a kilo off it, well actually maybe but that’s a special strain and a different grow.

Share the love and get a whole harem of ladies in little dresses in a hot small space. Ex seed cost (clones?) its a way bigger bang for your buck. As I hope to demonstrate. But really - the value of the sensor I’m very unsure of. But I was high when ordered it and I really want to do the Canuk grow justice. Gives some numbers and charts to throw about!

Nick
Oh wow look at the background it's so lush and jungly!! That's such a beautiful view!! Lucky!

IMG_0942.jpeg

Here was chilling out watching the plants while they watered.

5 minutes later

IMG_0945.jpeg

Harvested 9” of Blueberry OG weighting 72g untrimmed.

Why?

IMG_0946.jpeg

Like seriously FFS.

Mould? Its been dry as fuck with a localised Jet Stream of air through it.

It looks totally localised so I’m expecting to find more, lots more, in the coming days.

FFS FFS FFS.
Oh no.
Look - I’m gutted. Not had mould in over a year. But it feels like we caught it and just vigilance now. Check twice a day and harvest as required.
:( I'm sorry I am only seeing this today. Holding thumbs!

Most were 55-65 days.

Got mould and then minor traces of mould. Lost probably half an oz overall. But they were done even the ones in the 60-70 day zone. Once the mould is there kill ‘em all. I just left these to get a bit out the lowers just for 3-4 days. We got 80% plus out already.

Most were 55-65 days.

Got mould and then minor traces of mould. Lost probably half an oz overall. But they were done even the ones in the 60-70 day zone. Once the mould is there kill ‘em all. I just left these to get a bit out the lowers just for 3-4 days. We got 80% plus out already.
Better clean that tent well you don't want Nick whooping your arse due to mould 😳

Edit 👇
 Nick - Jon 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Back
Top Bottom