Step's Closet & 5x5

when you did ebb and flow how was that easier than dwc . asking because I been considering that to be my next system

DWC has to have a lot of air moving over the roots ALL the time or they will get fungal and bad bacterial growths. I had a whole crop ruin almost over a weekend because my pump wasn't strong enough. Once the roots took over the bucket as the plants got large, and there wasn't enough flow, fungus/mold took over. Another big pain is water changes. The drains always leave a little bit of solution in the buckets that isn't coming out unless you physically pick your plants up out of the bucket and do it yourself. Also, if you do have anything growing in your buckets its a really big pain in the ass to clean them if you have to pull your plants out to do it. If you are in a tight space, like I was, and on a scrog or support trellis, you will damage your plants and canopy trying to remove them once a week for solution changes. With an ebb/flow your roots have no chance of any type of infection or damage and your reservoir is underneath for easy storage and removal for cleaning. In hydroponics cleanliness is very important. Also you don't have to worry about moving and damaging your plants during WCs, because you never even touch them

Day 116 - Some more nighttime bud pics. Cookies has thickened up a little bit, but not as fat as the lemon skunk; the calyxes still haven't really started to swell so it will have a bit more time. The calyxes of the LS are a lot more swollen and have a deep yellow color. The Kush seems to be the frostiest.

Lemon Skunk -

Cookies -

Kush -

Day 117 - Gonna put them on wk 11 and Dry Koolbloom in 3 days. A week of that then cleanse. They don't look that close to finishing, but the DKb is supposed to speed up finishing, so we will see how it turns out. I may not harvest them all at the same time..depends on how many extra hands I have for trimming. I harvested the small Kush plant in the back left corner of the tent last week. It was stunted after sitting too low in the water table and it not flooding properly. I did get a little over 2 dry ounces off of it though...wasn't really expecting that much. Buds were noticeably denser than my last grows, even though it still had a lot of hairs. Hyped for this to finish and see the final numbers and get a real taste.

Lemon Skunk

Kush

Day 122 - I have to say...this Dry Koolbloom is doing its damn job! Stuff is freaking amazing. Never seen buds swell up and get so big so fast. Looks like I'll have more than a few football sized buds to dry. Went ahead and started plucking the 2 in the closet to make room for clones coming in. Getting a few Gorilla Glue #4s from a buddy. I got some lemongrass EO earlier today. Works great inside, but still have to do something about the smell outside.. Gonna look into a few things. Citrus Magic, and maybe a ton of baking soda packs

Lemon Skunk

Cookies

Kush

Day 123 - Daytime photos. Buds in the back have toppled over. They're still growing and look nice, lol, but have definitly made a mess. Not having the trellis turned into a disaster >:O

Lemon Skunk

Cookies

Kush

Back
Top Bottom