Nick Hardy's Skunk Works #3 5x5 - Dissertation Grow

My buddy flew back 2 hours ago. He was in a bad mood, he left his gold necklace in the airbnb safe, guy didnā€™t come pickup his motorbike so now Iā€™m up 130g of gold and a Yamaha 150cc and heā€™s flying back to 40c temperatures šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£
Sounds like the opening scene of a movie or chapter of a novel that could get really interesting.

Sounds like the opening scene of a movie or chapter of a novel that could get really interesting.
The Farmer flew back to the Kingdom to settle the debt with his ex wife once and for all - in front of THE JUDGE The Judge was 160km away training for a BICYCLE RACE!

While in Court The Farmer was tipped his ex business partner The Grower That Liked Them Too Young tried to SWINDLE him with The Fake Lawyer and steal the land lease from under him.

The Navy Seal and The Fixer are in the mood to settle all debts before Buddha!

Will Nick Hardy get caught in the cross fire? Does a photo exist of him wearing the solid gold crucifix like heā€™s repra-zenting?

Whoā€™s were the silver rings? Will Nick get a share of the booty when the Liberty Haze get harvested? Has The Terp King looked after the crop?

All this and more in Season 2 of Phuket Weedland

Available at nickhardy.land

šŸ˜‚

IMG_1207.jpeg

IMG_1209.jpeg

Nice solid and even but not overly thick root balls. Iā€™ll knock a couple of them open in a week or two. Lots, lots more coco left than in standard solos.

Day #102

Flower - ā€˜bout 60 Days

Stage #1 Popā€™em 27th October
Stage #2 Peat to sprout 29th October
Stage #3 Seedling Swicks 2nd November
Stage #4 Veg Pots 14th November
Stage #5 Top 2nd December
Stage #6 Defoliation #1 5th December
Stage #7 Flip 6th December
Stage #8 Call Flower 18th December
Stage #9 Defoliation #2 26th December
Stage #10 Flush #3 Weekly 31st January
Stage #11 The Chunkening 8th January
Stage #12 The Chuckening Taper 17th January
Stage #13 HVAC for finishing 27th January
Stage #14 Begin Harvest 30th January
Stage #16 Drying 31st January
Stage #17 Trimming 3rd February
Stage #18 Curing 6th February.

All hands on deck trimming after a shorter drying than we would have liked. The AC at 21c gave an Rh in the high 50ā€™s right from the start.

I know the weight of it all - within 10g each strain. Some of the bigger stuff from the second wave of harvesting needs another day to dry a bit more before weighing. Itā€™ll all be trimmed in about 30 minutes though.

So its on to the cure.

IMG_1243.jpeg
IMG_1244.jpeg

Thatā€™s a Runtz x Layer Cake up top - very nice it is too. A new favourite maybe. Gonna try again in a moment.

Then a Grove Bag. Trim and ensure your buds are in an environment that is already close to 58-62% Rh and the bags will keep them them there. No need for silica pouches or bovidas or anything like that. The plastic is porous and breathable. They are also coated with an anti mould agent. This is an older model with heat strip space which I donā€™t think they have anymore. They improved the zips apparently. Sizes 1oz - to oil drum sized and reusable.

Wouldnā€™t go near a jar and burping how tedious must that be at scale?

Final Stage to come - Testing. Smoke reports don't really count but Iā€™m sure Iā€™ll have something to say about each.

The weights? Ha. I know what they are - Iā€™m keeping them to myself for now while the contest is on. Iā€™m happy but definitely doing some stuff differently - Why did I not just grow 12 Mim OP with Jon šŸ˜‚

Nick & Co

Oh yep. The Runtz x Layer Cake has got something special.

When its fresh like this is rare to get much flavour. In fact & Co was saying this batch are all pretty much nothing on the nose. Sheā€™s the one with the nose. Mine has been much gone since the early 2000ā€™s. But the smell will come. Also its tougher to grind, and slower to heat so the first go at the vape does little. Just basic ā€œIā€™m stoned a bit, and normally its a bit ā€œraceyā€ whatever I or S. No exception here. But the second go at the bowl 40-45 minutes later. Thatā€™s the one that gives you the full feeling youā€™ll get right off. the bat when its finished.

Iā€™m tonked. But smart with it. Fully functional human being. But ai havenā€™t had visuals in years! Just your basic low level curtains doing odd things and the play of the light on the ceiling fans is now moving which having sat in this chair for nearly three years Iā€™m pretty sure Iā€™ve not seen before.

Cigarette packet hopping a spot and flicking back to where it was like its been caught out.

In possibly related news I just ordered $30 of Mexican food. Reminds of a line from Liars Poker by Michael Lewis (wrote the big short, the Blindside) Its about bond traders, mostly Salomon Brothers on Wall Street in the 1980ā€™s It sowed the seeds for 2008 as it was when Fannie and Freddie became tradable.

Anyway,

ā€œā€œWeā€™d order four hundred dollars of Mexican food,ā€ says a former trader. ā€œYou canā€™t buy four hundred dollars of Mexican food. But weā€™d tryā€“guacamole in five-gallon drums, for a start. A customer would call in and ask us to bid or offer bonds and youā€™d have to say, ā€˜Iā€™m sorry but weā€™re in the middle of the feeding frenzy, Iā€™ll have to call you back.ā€™ā€ā€

A 1980ā€™s $400 was proper coin šŸ˜‚

Donā€™t make ā€˜em like that any more.

So yeah really looking forward to the test, not only is it strong its food natured too. Together with thoughts and happy with those that are had. Cheerful.

Runtz x Layer Cake from @Barney's Farm is so far a solid 9/10 big nugs too. Big nugs but usable.

Yeah, at scale if you are burping it prolly needs to be automated.

Automated 5 Gallon Bucket Curing System
So lame šŸ¤£ Plus the guy presenting. ā€œDude, 1997 called, they want your clothes and hair style back, and said something about your Palm?

Theyā€™re quite new but you can buy much easier to use electronic burpers. Use 20mm cutting tool on a plastic tote and then screw them in.

But it seems like near all the commercial outfits use Grove or Grove like material. It burps passively, no need for hands on power/batteries for your 200 burping devices. Some states mandate it I believe - the added anti mould tech the FDA or whoever like.

Day #108

Flower - ā€˜bout 60 Days

Stage #19 Prelim Smoke Test 12th February

IMG_1431.jpeg
IMG_1432.jpeg

So a brief smoke report for the Runtz x Layer Cake before but for the first time I havenā€™t run through all the new strains green. Not touched them or opened the bags. Iā€™m growing up, Iā€™m barely consuming any weed at all. But rhe main reason I mentioned before is the lack of smell. & Co was furious. She consumes zero cannabis. But loves the smells of strains. She opened them today and was very happy, oh the smells best ever we concur.

Iā€™m starting with the Ayahuasca Purple. Full or near Indica. Indicated at 21%. Hard. Not quite ā€œrockā€ hard. Typical bud size and shape pictured. Our jar appeal has got so much better.

Smells like cinnamon churros. Rich. Christmas all spice chinese 5 spice smells. This plant had two mega colas and not much else. We have 6 in the flower room now. 4 of which are epic so hoping its a nice effect.

To the grinder!

Nick

Day #108

Flower - ā€˜bout 60 Days

Stage #19 Prelim Smoke Test 12th February

IMG_1431.jpeg
IMG_1432.jpeg

So a brief smoke report for the Runtz x Layer Cake before but for the first time I havenā€™t run through all the new strains green. Not touched them or opened the bags. Iā€™m growing up, Iā€™m barely consuming any weed at all. But rhe main reason I mentioned before is the lack of smell. & Co was furious. She consumes zero cannabis. But loves the smells of strains. She opened them today and was very happy, oh the smells best ever we concur.

Iā€™m starting with the Ayahuasca Purple. Full or near Indica. Indicated at 21%. Hard. Not quite ā€œrockā€ hard. Typical bud size and shape pictured. Our jar appeal has got so much better.

Smells like cinnamon churros. Rich. Christmas all spice chinese 5 spice smells. This plant had two mega colas and not much else. We have 6 in the flower room now. 4 of which are epic so hoping its a nice effect.

To the grinder!

Nick
Mmmm churros šŸŒˆšŸ’Ž

Back
Top Bottom