Nick Hardy's Skunk Works #1 10 Strains 18 Solo Cups 4x4 HPS/CMH: Thailand!

Alright, alright, I just…

Whatever, 😅

Loving the Solo grows. Really so fun but this although perpetual marked may finish by the end of the year. Legislation may change. We won’t grow illegally. At the moment we are within the law it changes we’re out.

But I have this mother lode of strains, so I’m worried they’ll go to to waste.

I may never have the chance to grow weed again. I’m actually ok with tomatoes despite other peoples thoughts, also they go great with burrata, for example 😂

But yeah I’ll grow other stuff, fruit/veg - we have 3 well established lemon trees must be getting close to first harvest - oh def splicing a lime onto one of them! Lime trees two a penny here. Def doing that. No one has lemon trees.

Anyway I’m going out potentially with this.

A 16 solo pot grow. In one 4x4 tent.

Light will initially be a no brand 320w (but does have LM301b’s We use it for cloning now. Maybe I’ll swap out another one later. Like a 480w but I probably won’t need it. Its has extraction and fans. Can pipe in some gas maybe. Dunno.

So I bought one thing today that I think makes this all possible - apart from a drip tray I have everything but the seeds on hand. I’m going to drill out 4 holes in each quadrant of the pallet to seat them in.

As Cola Monster said getting low down to water frequently is no fun. So when the pulleys/blocks come off the main grow lights (winches being installed for them) they can be reused on the pallet. The pallet can come to us.

Everything else - a drip tray below the pallet for easy clean and I’ll be making 16x mini airpots with my hole making tool for the purpose. Reusing stuff on hand the coco peat, nutes, noting else.

There’s picture of what’s coming in 10 days or so I hope below.

But this is the plan - all fem photo unless noted.

Q1
4x Blueberry

Q2
4x Bruce Banner
Q3
4x Mimosa x Orange Punch - Barney’s Farm

Q4
2x Slurricane Anesia Seeds
2x Strawberry Cheesecake (Auto) Barney’s Farm

Q1 and Q2 Both these are freebies from SC a London seed bank, worth a look if you’re in the Uk but @Herbies Seeds has better more prompt service for sure - that said SC were very kind when a 5 month old order finally got settled. So yeah nothing bad to say really. Q4 is all freebies I didn’t order!

I’m going to pop in the usual way. Then a few days in potting soil in the seedling machine I made and then crack open the 24 seat aeroponics machine I bought 6 months back and have never used before and then into the solos. Simps, right? Ha I don’t even knownif the pallet weighs 10kg or 10lbs 😅

So that’s it, won’t be much to report until the seeds come.

But if this is it in terms of growing then might as well try and go out with a story to tell to bored people in my dotage!

Nick & Co - because she’ll be sad too.

Pallet - Grow tray for 16x Solos

IMG_3661.jpeg

Seed Packets - til end of year stock before 🥲

c0b9fe71-9d44-43a8-83b3-77a8c4ce9cac.jpeg

Alright, alright, I just…

Whatever, 😅

Loving the Solo grows. Really so fun but this although perpetual marked may finish by the end of the year. Legislation may change. We won’t grow illegally. At the moment we are within the law it changes we’re out.

But I have this mother lode of strains, so I’m worried they’ll go to to waste.

I may never have the chance to grow weed again. I’m actually ok with tomatoes despite other peoples thoughts, also they go great with burrata, for example 😂

But yeah I’ll grow other stuff, fruit/veg - we have 3 well established lemon trees must be getting close to first harvest - oh def splicing a lime onto one of them! Lime trees two a penny here. Def doing that. No one has lemon trees.

Anyway I’m going out potentially with this.

A 16 solo pot grow. In one 4x4 tent.

Light will initially be a no brand 320w (but does have LM301b’s We use it for cloning now. Maybe I’ll swap out another one later. Like a 480w but I probably won’t need it. Its has extraction and fans. Can pipe in some gas maybe. Dunno.

So I bought one thing today that I think makes this all possible - apart from a drip tray I have everything but the seeds on hand. I’m going to drill out 4 holes in each quadrant of the pallet to seat them in.

As Cola Monster said getting low down to water frequently is no fun. So when the pulleys/blocks come off the main grow lights (winches being installed for them) they can be reused on the pallet. The pallet can come to us.

Everything else - a drip tray below the pallet for easy clean and I’ll be making 16x mini airpots with my hole making tool for the purpose. Reusing stuff on hand the coco peat, nutes, noting else.

There’s picture of what’s coming in 10 days or so I hope below.

But this is the plan - all fem photo unless noted.

Q1
4x Blueberry

Q2
4x Bruce Banner
Q3
4x Mimosa x Orange Punch - Barney’s Farm

Q4
2x Strawberry Cheesecake (Auto) Barney’s Farm

Q1 and Q2 Both these are freebies from SC a London seed bank, worth a look if you’re in the Uk but @Herbies Seeds has better more prompt service for sure - that said SC were very kind when a 5 month old order finally got settled. So yeah nothing bad to say really. Q4 is all freebies I didn’t order!

I’m going to pop in the usual way. Then a few days in potting soil in the seedling machine I made and then crack open the 24 seat aeroponics machine I bought 6 months back and have never used before and then into the solos. Simps, right? Ha I don’t even knownif the pallet weighs 10kg or 10lbs 😅

So that’s it, won’t be much to report until the seeds come.

But if this is it in terms of growing then might as well try and go out with a story to tell to bored people in my dotage!

Nick & Co - because she’ll be sad too.

Pallet - Grow tray for 16x Solos

IMG_3661.jpeg

Seed Packets - til end of year stock before 🥲

c0b9fe71-9d44-43a8-83b3-77a8c4ce9cac.jpeg
Is Free Seed the the company name? :rofl:
Nice pallets.

#VIVOSUN #Love What You Grow
Bill284 😎

Is Free Seed the the company name?
When you checkout they just say “Free Seeds” not even “Seed City” the store name. Promised they’re Fem though. They were in the black capsules.

I didn’t order the Slurricane or Strawberry Cheesecake. They were make up gifts which was nice. There’s a 12 of a a CBD/THC 1:1 mix out of shot. A CBD Boys Collaboration with the guys I’ve used before. I’m waiting and seeing with those. They might be allowed after any law change.

The pallets look great. $25 each steel with zinc plate. Just found out they weigh 22kg - 48lbs? Think I may need a new plan - bit heavy for a tent to support!.

They were cheaper than most the plastic ones. Still worst case be great for keeping coco boxes fert perlite all the rest off the floor.

Nick

Fortunately although waiting on some seeds I do have a couple of Solos already “on the grooow” like Springfield when the streets were paved with gold.

@Carmen Ray and @Greenvein as promised!

Indy Twisted Sisters #24 Flower
Strawberry Solo SIP #47Flower

So 5 hours of light left and all three have had 200ml or so each. Although the res in the Strawberry SIP is only 80ml I generally top water the last 20ml in the giant 100ml syringe I use. The Indy’s have had 4 full syringes today. I think I should have watered earlier and got another one in like yesterday. Maybe another one in 3 hours and top off before lights out.

They are both dry as a bone in the mornings at 8am.

The Indy’s obviously showing the most growth at this stage - they’re coming at you Strawberry lady, flaunting your fancy straw and underwear!

😂

Nick

IMG_3671.jpeg

Oh.....cupholders! BRILLIANT! Why didn't I think of that? At least four bonus plants per tent. Lol, who doesn't have a few clones in solo cups kicking around, no idea what the hell they are, and no idea what to do with them? I'm about to harvest, and throw 4 more badly over-vegged clones into flower, along with their clones in solos. Four on the floor, and four on the corner posts! I can't wait to see how this flies!!

Welcome Bud!

See you’re not nee but newly posting and got stuff curing!

Where in the world (approx!) are you?

@Cola Monster is really the Solo guy. These were first goes for me but yeah the microphone stands and cup holders work a treat in the corners of the room/tent. Plus huge fun!

Nick

Welcome Bud!

See you’re not nee but newly posting and got stuff curing!

Where in the world (approx!) are you?

@Cola Monster is really the Solo guy. These were first goes for me but yeah the microphone stands and cup holders work a treat in the corners of the room/tent. Plus huge fun!

Nick
Thanks very much! I'm in Alberta. Small city called Camrose. I currently have a Lue Dream, Green Crack and a couple Fruity OG Kush in the tent on day 67 of flower. The OG Kush seeds were freebies from Quebec seeds. They were outstanding right out of the gate! triple the size of the other strains after only 3 weeks, so I've been in a battle to keep a level canopy through flowering. I had high hopes for yields ut they're not the greatest. Bulky, but the trichomes pale in comparison to the green crack, and Blue Dream. This Green Crack genetic is off the charts! Nice sized buds, that look like snowballs! They're showing a few amber so I'll pull them tomorrow, and hopefully the rest will keep pumping out for me. This Blue Dream is coming on strong this week, and still has 100% deep green leaves, and clear trichomes. Biggest dense buds of the three, and because it didn't stretch near as much as the others, it's tightly packed. Keeping a close eye on that one for rot. Every grow seems to have it's own set of challenges, and I've learned a ton in the 4 years I've been at this. Been a very enjoyable hobby so far. So what are you up to besides the solo cup challenge? Oh ya, I meant to ask you if you've ever had experience with "faceted plants"? It's a mutation, and I've been working with a set of them as well.

I’ve been doing this since end of October last year with & Co (What I call my wife here - in very nice way) We’re in Thailand where its currently legal but may change.

Bill284 who posted above is an epic grower in Canada. There’s a link to his Vivohut journal in his signature. He’s the one with the experience (and ‘near’ you) who might know about “faceted plants”

For us we’re started on trim for first 15 plants of our latest grow. They’ve been drying a week. Tonight the last 6 will get chopped and dried while the trim team get to work. I guess another 3-4 weeks until its perfect.

Our stuff is all in the Graduation Journal link in my signature. Check it out - I’m sure I read someone talking about it a few weeks back. May be in InTheShed’s epic thread.

Basically every style of grow and end product there’s someone to help and a some fun friendly banter. I’m gonna see if I can find that “Faceted plant” thing now - because like you said - best hobby ever!

Nick & Co

Thanks very much! I'm in Alberta. Small city called Camrose. I currently have a Lue Dream, Green Crack and a couple Fruity OG Kush in the tent on day 67 of flower. The OG Kush seeds were freebies from Quebec seeds. They were outstanding right out of the gate! triple the size of the other strains after only 3 weeks, so I've been in a battle to keep a level canopy through flowering. I had high hopes for yields ut they're not the greatest. Bulky, but the trichomes pale in comparison to the green crack, and Blue Dream. This Green Crack genetic is off the charts! Nice sized buds, that look like snowballs! They're showing a few amber so I'll pull them tomorrow, and hopefully the rest will keep pumping out for me. This Blue Dream is coming on strong this week, and still has 100% deep green leaves, and clear trichomes. Biggest dense buds of the three, and because it didn't stretch near as much as the others, it's tightly packed. Keeping a close eye on that one for rot. Every grow seems to have it's own set of challenges, and I've learned a ton in the 4 years I've been at this. Been a very enjoyable hobby so far. So what are you up to besides the solo cup challenge? Oh ya, I meant to ask you if you've ever had experience with "faceted plants"? It's a mutation, and I've been working with a set of them as well.
Welcome to 420Magazine my friend :welcome:
If you want to say Hi and meet everyone here is a link
Take care.

Bill284 😎

With the last of the main grow I moved them. This is the easiest section to get to and the light they were under has a dodgy connection. This light has a broken section but you pays $800 a light you take your chances, right!

😠

Anyway after watching my plants for a few minutes I’m reeee-laxed again. No more light talk.

Couldn’t be bothered to lower the light for now just used their “Power Lift” Function and took them to the light. We’re out of gas and my cracked rib (from trying to fix the dodgy…) so not bothering. Also the room is too empty. Would just be wasting most of it.

What I am going to try is lowering the plants right down, basically the cupholders on the drainage feet.

Lower the light right down.

Fold the light up into an upside down V ensconcing them with light on the sides as well.

Like a little light house….

See what happens 🤷🏽

Nick

IMG_3693.jpeg

With the last of the main grow I moved them. This is the easiest section to get to and the light they were under has a dodgy connection. This light has a broken section but you pays $800 a light you take your chances, right!

😠

Anyway after watching my plants for a few minutes I’m reeee-laxed again. No more light talk.

Couldn’t be bothered to lower the light for now just used their “Power Lift” Function and took them to the light. We’re out of gas and my cracked rib (from trying to fix the dodgy…) so not bothering. Also the room is too empty. Would just be wasting most of it.

What I am going to try is lowering the plants right down, basically the cupholders on the drainage feet.

Lower the light right down.

Fold the light up into an upside down V ensconcing them with light on the sides as well.

Like a little light house….

See what happens 🤷🏽

Nick

IMG_3693.jpeg
Was $800.00 a bargain price?
I think at that rate you should get a warranty.
Are they safe to use?
You have smoke detectors, correct?
Good morning Amigo. :ciao: :high-five:
How are you doing today?

Bill284 😎

$2400 total. They have a warranty - either send them back to us for a month or we’ll send you a replacement part and your electrician can solder it in for you.

We’re replacing all the power cables with heavier gauge as said sparky said the current isn't up to it and I guess I’ll take the part and do that. Not in the mood to buy new lights in the current market!

And smoke detectors, fire extinguishers of course Amigo! Your safety post is how we first met, and you don’t remember, 😥 I thought I was special….

🤣🤣🤣

Have a good’un mate! Will be over check out the greenhouse in a mo!

Nick

$2400 total. They have a warranty - either send them back to us for a month or we’ll send you a replacement part and your electrician can solder it in for you.

We’re replacing all the power cables with heavier gauge as said sparky said the current isn't up to it and I guess I’ll take the part and do that. Not in the mood to buy new lights in the current market!

And smoke detectors, fire extinguishers of course Amigo! Your safety post is how we first met, and you don’t remember, 😥 I thought I was special….

🤣🤣🤣

Have a good’un mate! Will be over check out the greenhouse in a mo!

Nick
You are special :thumb: :high-five:
I just automatically turn into Fire Marshall Bill when anyone mentions electrical issues.
Can't help it.:Namaste:
No worries. :passitleft:

Bill284 😎

I forgot to water them. In my defence I cannot off that of dayjob.

I had Strawberry for lunch. I haven’t had anything during working hours for a few weeks. Met with my farmer buddy and gave him some strawberry. Seemed to like the look and smell.

He asked after the Indy and so I asked & Co trim some. By which point it was not working hours so you know 😅

Anyway this arrived today. The 80ml steel cutter maybe Sunday. Going to put 16 holes in. Messaging with my illustrator/ mural painting lady. Wanted to have the 40/45 logo painted on it but we agree with the slats it just won’t be recognisable. Meh. Silly fun was all. Zinc coloured is fine. First batch of seeds waiting for a plane. Second one probably there by now as well. At departure point (airport post office basically) in origin country to clearing customs its generally dark a week. So reckon here next weekend. By then this baby will be kitted out in the room for 16 new ladies.

Fun times ahead. Woah I’m poleaxed.

Nick

IMG_3713.jpeg

Strawberry Solo SIP Day #51
Twisted Indy Sisters Day #29

Bunged an update in the other thread yesterday just to meet the once per week rule - although the Dyno account hasn’t logged in since 28th May two weeks ago. So not sure what’s going on there.

Anyway girls are cool. Although the Sisters are still a little droopy. I lowered both plants (raised the lights to test some advice my mate gave me - I disagree but he has quite a hit more experience than me so be silly not to listen!

First package of seeds arrived safely in Bangkok with M& Co’s sister.

10x Mimosa x Orange Punch
4x Bkueberry

Other package is a couple of days behind. Sent separately.

Overnight to here.

The hole cutter arrived yesterday.

I reckon I’ll be popping Tuesday latest.

16 solos. I have my multi level labelling system ready.

Need the Bruce Banner, Slurricane and Strawberry Cheesecake Auto - Gulp! And we are a go!

Oh and my Sparky to turn up.

😂

Nick

IMG_3764.jpeg

IMG_3763.jpeg
IMG_3762.jpeg
b40b54a8-cd16-4201-9e84-9d1ffc77a63e.jpeg

IMG_3764.jpeg

@Azimuth - there’s a question to be answered.

How many solo SIPs?

I’ll make more the same as last pretty much. Maybe not the codpiece!

There’s 5 Strains

I’d be honoured if you picked one strain and i pick one.

One of each strain in “Airpot” and one in SIP

A side by side “just for fun” thing.

If you’re interested the strains are next post

My guess is the same. But not sure. I think so much depends on how you prep them at seedling stage. The paths you set the roots on. Out then down is what I’m looking for.

But be an honour, Sir/Madam if you might choose one.

Nick

4x Mimosa x Orange Punch @Barney's Farm
2x Strawberry Cheesecake (Auto) Barneys Farm
4x Bruce Banner #4
4x Bkueberry

Last two I reckon Dutch Passion originally. Our first grow was probably their BB.

Anyway, please, the Azi Pheno SIP has done so well - pick the SIPS!

Nick

@Azimuth - there’s a question to be answered.

How many solo SIPs?
Ummmm, all of them? :laughtwo:

I’d be honoured if you picked one strain and i pick one.
Wow, honor is mine. I'll pick the Bkueberry and hope for similar genetics to Blueberry. BTW, is that the one from DJ Short? I think that's his name. Legendary breeder I've heard.

And, can you make mine an Airpot SIP? That's how I make mine, reservoir in the bottom and air holes all around the upper section.

I'm growing a Strawberry CBD from WSE, so we can be in the fruit section together. 🤪

DJ Short is closely affiliated yep. Its a white label seedbank blue berry. Reckon oretty stable by now as a strain.

Airpot SIPs - yep totally. Thanks for “reminding”me - can't promise the soldering iron (think its in storage) but same as the others.

Oooph! This too tough…

Ok -

1x Coco Solo Airpot 1x Coco Solo SIP Airpot of each:

Blueberry
Bruce Banner
Mimosa x Orange Punch

I added one.

Tough because ai want to see how the priecy seeds do but I remember growing Bruce B so well (never forget your first) whereas rhe ither two are new.

I left the 2x alone.

Deal? Well appreciate there isn’t really a deal just it seems a fair test and fun!. 2 grow styles head to head across three strains in solos.

See what happens!

Nick

Strawberry Solo SIP Day #52
Twisted Indy Sisters Day #30

There’s photos below. Slightly new angles I tried out. New batch of nutes Ph’d down to 5.7 I haven’t been bothering between mixing so they’ve likely had some higher numbers. Good to run the range - then you’re never right!

Look cool.

Bigger news of my screw ups. Getting 16 seats in the pallet was a pain and 18 made more sense for spacing evenly.

So I need another strain basically. I have a couple of options but neither particularly appealing for this. Might have a look at what’s available locally. RQS have a big presence here. Maybe something fun from there.

The Solos won’t sit at that height. If you zoom in on the cup with the trim clippers in they’ll all be at about the level of the clear pot inside.

I have 5m of that car door protector rubber trim stuff to run round the sharp edged holes. Picture below. That will squeeze the 80mm holes a little smaller and hold them snug. Easier to pick up and easier to see the cup colour.

First look at the labelling system too!

Will be popping Thursday/Friday hopefully. Need to make 3 Solo SIPs and more of our SWICKish starter pots. (The one with the clippers in is Gen V1)

Very excitement! Even & Co is impressed. She wants one for clone operations - she needs a new tent though 🤣

Nick

IMG_3788.jpeg

IMG_3789.jpeg

IMG_3790.jpeg

IMG_3795.jpeg

IMG_3791.jpeg
IMG_3785.jpeg
IMG_3786.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom