Nick Hardy's Skunk Works #1 10 Strains 18 Solo Cups 4x4 HPS/CMH: Thailand!

Cool! Thanks for the detail @NickHardy. I also have two 12-outlet manifolds from past prizes I’ve never used, bet I can use them in a feed tank scenario. Already researching cuz when I’m back in Pa the first grow is 3 5x5s, 2 3x3s, and a 2x4 all at once and all in coco. Lots of watering. And btw - I wouldn’t start with 40, lol. I’d do as you are and at least “sorta” ease my way in, lol! I’m psyched to see how it goes for you.
The green ones?

Like below. They’re brilliant. But multiples of 12 so with 21 plants we run a hose to a ball tap in the off position for three of them.

The photo is the flower room upstairs.

The Veg and Solo tents a hose is fine. But we have the two tanks and three outputs (Flower/garage/waste to street) and so we can send the two inputs (tanks) to any of the 3 outs with valves (or the 200L into the 100L via gravity when someone forgets to turn the valves back to all closed!)

😅

Nick

IMG_3901.jpeg

Fortunately although waiting on some seeds I do have a couple of Solos already “on the grooow” like Springfield when the streets were paved with gold.

@Carmen Ray and @Greenvein as promised!

Indy Twisted Sisters #24 Flower
Strawberry Solo SIP #47Flower
Wow, I did not see this notification! Sorry to turn up so late and thanks for the tag.
So I need another strain basically.
😃

hiya @Carmen Ray !

Yeah I have strains now - just coloured pots run out of colours.

10 strains 9 Colours. There’s a soreadsheet screen shot. Trying it easier to read below.

18 Plants

2 Autos (I’m Newbie to them)

3 SIPs

15 Airpots

2-3 seedling style hydroponic/aeroponic/SWICK

I feel like I got this though.

PPPPPP

Sadly my planning is all in my head. That “spreadsheet” the most planning for a grow i’ve ever done.

Gonna give it my best.

Need Stage 2 Lights but have plans for them.

Soooo much fun!

Nick ❤️

I know you want airpot style holes.

I’m gonna go same small style as my solo airpot.

If you want bigger let me know, I’ll do as you prefer - just I would say think of scale.

I’m gonna have to make 15 more airpots after these three SIPs so you have time! There’s a pic below of my solo airpot holes.
However you normally do it. Mine are much larger because I use a soldering iron to make them.

I like the grate you built for the false floor. Does it stay up with friction, or do you support it somehow?

I’ll show tomorrow.

Lastbtime it was basically rhe same guage plastic but from my kid’s beach/sandcastle bucket. Like a sieve. I part rested it on the overflow but then used aquarium glue round the edges.

I’ve raised it up this time a touch to the first lip in the cup - standard solo - about an. Inch. Bit more support on top. Then a sprinkle of perlite. Coco. Sprinkle of perlite and done. M

My bet is they perform the same. Glad you picked same holes or think my Airpots would do better

Weirdly - I think you’ll get this - I think Airpots going to be easier to water - but inly at this minature scale ehere tou lose pretty much all the benefits if ease of watering eyc.

Go bigger for small numbers of plantd in 5G or whatever. Sure. So much easier and its to see if people are propwrly watering ti run off in a tent!

Its either filthy or pristine clean if you water to run off in a tent. Depends id you vacuum it it out and clean every day.

Tent floor dully dirty? Yeah not to run off.

With a SIP just from your ear you can make sure its just a dribble of run off!

No clean up.

Brilliant for 90%.of people.

For scale less of a concern.

Anyway! My guess! Send you some seeds the three SIPS (Might be 4) beat my SoloAirpots.

Feels like I owe you a strawberry!

Nick

Meh LED Light companies.

Meh meh.

You know about CRT - Plasma - LED - OLED lights.

Briefly

CRT - big assed Tv’s, big assed.
Expensive to run Cathode Ray’s scanning in lines.

Plasma - really LED but heavy although only 3” thick. Electricity guzzlers. Short life span

LED - what we all mostly watch. Tiny thin low electricity cost

OLED - as above “Organic” literally “grown” but means can turn off the black pixels which none of rhe above can do.

Bigger means more shipping, space warehousing. And running costs.

Pro’s mostly love plasma. Panasonic stopped making them 8 years ago or so. Sharp went bust. CRT some people say if you refined it it would give the best picture. I love OLED LG - Samsung quad whatever isn’t has black and even a Samsung phone is too over staturated to my eyes. & Co has one.

So now we all watch our phones or laptop-tops or TVs via Samsung or LG (Only OLED people) iPhones to TVs)

Sony even got out the screen biz. Crazy.

I met my farner mates tonight. Gave me a proper caning on my grows. Think I walked away with a 7/10 from them.

We disagree on some EC stuff. They havenmt used C02 much. Have but not with LEDs.

They know my environment is pretty much oerfect. They’ve been in it. They’ve tried all 7 strains we’ve grown in the last 9 months. Theybhave seen the improvements.

But 30 Years Exp and 20 Years Exp as proper hardcore coaches they favour the CRT

I doubled ip the order as minimum order quantity was 2 for each. .

This grow is going under a Gavita 1000W HPS double ended two inlines and AC

And a Risen 315 CMH

Check thenpictures - the Gavita is classic Alibaba - we make for Gavita and sell in Asia at half the cost.

$490USD for four full light sets.

Two mega max 5x5 tents.

They aren’t LEDs.

Old Skool!

But they reckon they are the best. 2000k is so warm I double end the doubles ends with in and out inline fans and AC cold piped in with Co2 piped in - no need dim or raise/lower the lights they promise me!

4x4 tent
Co2
18 Plants
9 strains
Solo Cups
3 SIPS
HPS
CMH
Old Skool CRT/Plasma

Bought the lot (2x tents worth) for less than a bad lLED light.

Also got 12m of this sweet car door rubber protector today. It wraps the sharp edges left by the angle grinder and hokds rhem a little higher to make the colours (labelling system) easier to spot.

Suoer happy. Now. NOW! It feels like its a stretch of a grow. New lights. Totally!

Anyone else grown with HPS?

Let me know!

LED light companies lets see how I do?

I can run a 1000W LED the same starins same setup exactly you want to show you can beat it!

Nick

IMG_3933.jpeg

526549d3-9276-4a77-b05a-01e4e65bf3d7.jpeg
79f5bcde-8ab4-4db4-9e3b-acec352df2cc.jpeg

Hey Nick, grabbin a seat if yo dont mind.

Im a solo cup fan myself. And Yeah, dang Cola Monster is so inspiring, LOL..

Good luck, and may the harvest be bountiful for ya!

Some real progress made today.

Sorta!

My seeds from the UK have all arrived.

I bought 6 more from the local branch of @RoyalQueenSeeds in Bangkok.

Royal Gorilla and Wedding Crasher.

Azi - I swapped the Bruce Banner SIP for a Hulkberry. I left the description as “Banner Be Banner” because its just a better pheno hunted Banner.

It frees ip a spot for the 1:1 CBD/THC Warlock.

So all those are basically on hand. 6 to come from Bangkok but that’s tomorrow or Monday.

I’ll pop the 6 9-10 weeks when they arrive. Then work down the weeks. In terms of timing. Not sure the optimal yet. But I would like to harvest all as close as possible. I’m hoping for just making 18 chops of the stem and hanging them all whole - but yeah!

18/18 to veg and flower big ask.

I have some spares and I have some strains not listed and clones a plenty so there are back up plans.

The tray is nearly finished. Some touch ups and glue/silicone maybe. The pots sit a little taller with the rubber down the lines. This just feels better and tou can see the colours at a glance.

This is def an & Co and & Fam grow.

Her and X in charge the rubber fitting.

So yeah, lights, seeds. Done.

Solos SIPS half done. Tonight or Arts & Crafts Sunday.

All coming together! And lovely to see a package with TRNH’s handwriting on with a couple of fave movies referenced.

Nick & Co (And its a Chihuahua - his name is “Rover” because big dog name for a pest! - though I am growing a little bit fond of him)

IMG_3959.jpeg
8139df2b-ca4c-4440-bd35-9326f4e219fa.jpeg
e03269ae-7906-4059-a8bd-4b55c3c1392e.jpeg

The pallet is being finished now - siliconing on the car door trim on now with a caulking gun for a bit of extra fixing help. Nice clear stuff.

Paying the 18 Year Old $10, I’m tired and he has his and the housekeepers kid to pay for in 5 months or whatever 😂

He's done a great job so far. Tied the first couple of rows down while it sets but its nearly midnight and leaves for work at 5:30am! Works as a commercial gardener for hotels and stuff. Handy skill for my step son to have!

At 80% on the three SIPs for the comparative grow. Pretty much the same as last time. Bigger feed tube is all.Hoping I can use that as a bit of extra res (Not measured properly yet but the last was 80ml - this Has to be 25-30% bigger (but I said that about my last grow)

They need two more things to finish (two I just spotted are missing exterior aquarium sealant on the overflow)

#1 They need a cable tie high up to the feed pipe. From experience that pipe gets knocked about a bit - why I went bigger straw in part.

#2 Azi (sensibly in my mind) wants an airpot style so I need to get the Nick Hardy Design Airpot making tool heated up and just poke about 30 holes into each. Easier to do this when they’re all set and glued/tied down I think.

My 16 year old daughter made two of them from the kits I assembled and the demo one I made. (Green one)

Its included in the ten bucks I’m giving her. She’d better not be pregnant because its a race between me and her boyfriend’s Dad who kills them first. I like my chances. He mostly lives here 🤣

Anyway, happy fathers day all, don’t forget the father of the site! Rob thank you dude!

Azi - I feel like I’m doing the SIPs justice!

Umm, have I mentioned to be strictly fair they are also going in airpots first dropped into a hydro bath until they root out the sides and bottom? They don't prune in hydro obvs 😂

I’ll repot to these after that (and a root shave!)

All starting to come together. Delay on the last seeds. The ones I need to pop first. So that’s not until about 36 hours time I can pop. 48 hours and the first in potting soil. 4-5 days or so and all being well we’ll have some green leaves above ground!

Nick & Fam

Nick! 🤦🏼‍♂️ I saw this journal and though how dare he 🤣🤣 then see my tag over a week ago and was like nooo how dare I 🤦🏼‍♂️ 🤣🤣 no idea how I missed that not much slips past me.. that I know of 🧐

Great start though looking forward to it for sure 😁 I tried a CMH light in my 4x4 and the heat was crazy 🤣 that didn't last long.

Also as your putting the fear through Us that this might be your last grow and your doing 10 strains that means 10 entries of bud of the month get a couple of shots of &co's buds too just keep them saved 🤣 years worth of comp entries in a few months.. don't forget plant and photo of the month 36 entries 😁 thank me later!

Happy father's Day bro & grow buddies here ✌🏽

Thank you, and welcome!

10 strains? That would be crazy talk! Just the 9 now. Would rather just grow pairs.

The lighting, yeah VS don’t send here, MH were enter for a chance to win a 300W and journal it, Vivo didn’t contact them, the light I really wanted from not a sponsor they were only offering wholesale (which was still very nice of them for a single unit) so when my old school buddies said they can always tell LED V HPS grown and prefer the latter it just sorta clicked.

I actually have 2 full sets of 1000W HPS and 315W CMH for 50% the price of a single MH FC6500 - we have 3 of those in the flower room.

For the heat there’s already AC to the tent I’m using for the grow so hopeful I can dial that in. We’re also coming into the slightly cooler time of year. So maybe we’ll be OK.

For the contests?

“A contest is what you you owe me. Pull out your beats, pull out your cuts, give us the mic and we go tear sht up….. no rabbit in the hat tricks, just act classic…”
(Concrete Schoolyard - Jurassic 5)

Vid in OT 😂

I’m OK with my wins so far! I’m all for the voting though!

Nick

Do it Nick I'm even thinking for trying CMH again in January running clones for comparison.

Double ended and co2 should kill it and having air conditioning as a back up you'll be walking into the the grow like Connor McGregor and knock em dead like iron mike 🤣 looking forward to this 👌🏽

Thank you, and welcome!

10 strains? That would be crazy talk! Just the 9 now. Would rather just grow pairs.

The lighting, yeah VS don’t send here, MH were enter for a chance to win a 300W and journal it, Vivo didn’t contact them, the light I really wanted from not a sponsor they were only offering wholesale (which was still very nice of them for a single unit) so when my old school buddies said they can always tell LED V HPS grown and prefer the latter it just sorta clicked.

I actually have 2 full sets of 1000W HPS and 315W CMH for 50% the price of a single MH FC6500 - we have 3 of those in the flower room.

For the heat there’s already AC to the tent I’m using for the grow so hopeful I can dial that in. We’re also coming into the slightly cooler time of year. So maybe we’ll be OK.

For the contests?

“A contest is what you you owe me. Pull out your beats, pull out your cuts, give us the mic and we go tear sht up….. no rabbit in the hat tricks, just act classic…”
(Concrete Schoolyard - Jurassic 5)

Vid in OT 😂

I’m OK with my wins so far! I’m all for the voting though!

Nick
I got a thought for you. I did this one time and it worked very well. Only reason I don’t still do this is it cuts my access. But….those top round holes in your tent? They will accommodate a plastic 6-8-10” (depending on tent size) flexible hose. One end of the hose sits right atop your hot lights. This is where the AC will exit and fall down on the light, thus cooling it. The other end of the hose comes out the hole and gets shaped like the slot on the AC unit and super duct taped so it stays. Now all you need is a tall enough stand for the AC unit.

See what I’m saying? Just AC from the top so the cold falls down.

It’s an idea.

See what I’m saying? Just AC from the top so the cold falls down.

It’s an idea.

One that i already have prepped!

There’s already an input to the return intake at the top of the AC unit. We did it for the Veg tent next to the one we’re using for this but never used. Temps were fine without it. Just need to vent the inline extractor to the top and move the existing pipe to this tent.

Swapping the Co2 sensor and supply to this tent as well.

Nick

d0df5396-1593-4354-a364-e9b844620c19.jpeg

One that i already have prepped!

There’s already an input to the return intake at the top of the AC unit. We did it for the Veg tent next to the one we’re using for this but never used. Temps were fine without it. Just need to vent the inline extractor to the top and move the existing pipe to this tent.

Swapping the Co2 sensor and supply to this tent as well.

Nick

d0df5396-1593-4354-a364-e9b844620c19.jpeg
Ha!!! Great minds think alike!!!!

Strawberry Solo SIP Day #59
Twisted Indy Sisters Day #37

Still got some solos growing.

The Strawberry Molly is marked as 9 weeks. We gave it 9.5 last main grow. This one is looking very ripe - this week for sure.

The Indys - they’re small and its stalled a bit (might have been the lack of nutes lately!) thats marked as early as 6 weeks but more sativa or 7.5 weeks more Indica. We ran our last big grow to 9.5. They produce smaller buds anyway but probably another 10 days minimum. Wait and see with her.

Couple of pictures below.

Nick

IMG_3986.jpeg
IMG_3988.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom