Nick Hardy's Skunk Works #1 10 Strains 18 Solo Cups 4x4 HPS/CMH: Thailand!

I know just enough to be dangerous in a whole range of things - "a little knowledge can be a dangerous thing..." :p

The Ender 5 can go about 20x20x20cm I think? There's a bigger model and ways to self print bits on the machine to improve the machine - @AspenCultivator mentioned some. Its like a machine making a machine out of Asimov or something! Very cool!

You can make shapes out of "slices" - it has to get fairly complicated to start needing to make things out of separate parts - a solo SIP like the ones above I reckon I can pull a design together in a single print. Its been nearly 3 years since I used it but 4-6 hours print time I guess. Actually A 14" high "Snowy" (Dog out of Tintin - also painted on my garage door) took about that. SIP probably 1-2 hours. Material cost $3-5USD max (here anyway but the top brand filaments at that price) Lots of colours! You can adapt the Ender to do multi colour too.

Ender cost me about $300. Its just a little Raspberry Pi type thing, Anduro (sp) board in there. Some aluminium bars and some electic motor bits, heating element on the print head and it goes to the co ordinates in the program Cuda has generated from your diagram either via an SD Card or Octoprint and moves and squirts the melted plastic filament.

For a big SIP - I reckon buy a bucket from the store but print the inside kit and pipes. Just need to cut and seal the hole in the bucket , "dear..." and drop the feed and airgap in.

Its pretty simple tech now. Cost me the same as what ever a proper electric drill costs - if you like the hacking type thing - d'uh! yeah its great. I've had to abort my work project so I am about to go look up some solo cup designs and start putting a design together. Gotta work weekend now so tomorrow I'll see what I can print - filament is in storage but I can get that easy enough (by sending someone else!)

Favourite thing I ever printed probably Snowy but the wow factor was printing a one piece hinged box. No assembly required. Hinged! The print head moves away you pick it up and open it. Can be so accurate.

I think if you're looking to treat yourself to something and semi computer literate and have a laptop or desktop running whatever you'll be fine. Heck - I reckon I could teach Bill to use one :p

Software all free, most the designs too. Huge libraries. Or make your own.

Nick

Boom. Double Boom!

Firstly go to a website called yeggi - then search for "plant bucket grow" without quotes. And you will realise how f-k stoopid I have been to forget I had one. D'uh! So many things I could have just run printing overnight instead of buying.

Wowsa.

Anyway filament and parts coming from storage - filament not sure, might need some new it does go brittle eventually. But no problem.

Second boom!

& Co checked. After 25 hours we have 10/11 seeds with tap roots. One Hulkberry to come. (But only need two - we only had two shots with the CBD and they are both there)

I mean a day, dunno, there's something magic about that water (and @InTheShed maybe a wee dash of ammonia does help...)

Its mid/late evening here - will snap them in twelve hours, fingers crossed we are at 12/12 by then and probably leave them until evening to get a bit of length to them. They're tiny babies but Stage #1 complete for most of them. yay.

Grow on the go! Lucky water, man's got lucky water. I swear that and the natural background Rh is wot does it. I mean very decent seeds too. But I'm pretty careless about it. Wow. Big grin.

Forty-45 Magic Seed Popping Water available for just $2000 per litre soon! 🤣🤣🤣

Nick & Co

I know just enough to be dangerous in a whole range of things - "a little knowledge can be a dangerous thing..." :p

The Ender 5 can go about 20x20x20cm I think? There's a bigger model and ways to self print bits on the machine to improve the machine - @AspenCultivator mentioned some. Its like a machine making a machine out of Asimov or something! Very cool!

You can make shapes out of "slices" - it has to get fairly complicated to start needing to make things out of separate parts - a solo SIP like the ones above I reckon I can pull a design together in a single print. Its been nearly 3 years since I used it but 4-6 hours print time I guess. Actually A 14" high "Snowy" (Dog out of Tintin - also painted on my garage door) took about that. SIP probably 1-2 hours. Material cost $3-5USD max (here anyway but the top brand filaments at that price) Lots of colours! You can adapt the Ender to do multi colour too.

Ender cost me about $300. Its just a little Raspberry Pi type thing, Anduro (sp) board in there. Some aluminium bars and some electic motor bits, heating element on the print head and it goes to the co ordinates in the program Cuda has generated from your diagram either via an SD Card or Octoprint and moves and squirts the melted plastic filament.

For a big SIP - I reckon buy a bucket from the store but print the inside kit and pipes. Just need to cut and seal the hole in the bucket , "dear..." and drop the feed and airgap in.

Its pretty simple tech now. Cost me the same as what ever a proper electric drill costs - if you like the hacking type thing - d'uh! yeah its great. I've had to abort my work project so I am about to go look up some solo cup designs and start putting a design together. Gotta work weekend now so tomorrow I'll see what I can print - filament is in storage but I can get that easy enough (by sending someone else!)

Favourite thing I ever printed probably Snowy but the wow factor was printing a one piece hinged box. No assembly required. Hinged! The print head moves away you pick it up and open it. Can be so accurate.

I think if you're looking to treat yourself to something and semi computer literate and have a laptop or desktop running whatever you'll be fine. Heck - I reckon I could teach Bill to use one :p

Software all free, most the designs too. Huge libraries. Or make your own.

Nick
Damn, thanks @NickHardy! Don’t know why you don’t like to provide thorough answers.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

This is a 0.91EUR cent design I found. Pay that use and manipulate away - bigger smaller whatever. Drip tray for corner poles in grow tents for solo cups. With clip for the pole.

I've missed out soooo much!

Nick

1687449547925.png

Hmm,

To put in dirt or not tonight. 41 hours and 11/11 have tapped.

& Co actually owns a pair of glasses - mine went missing two years ago - I think I need a new pair! But she said this morning not before This evening. She’s just home from fishing (every day this week - nice life 😂) Will ask her.

Some last minute supplies in today. Think the lights shipped. Got my refund off the first order (I had to pay again for the upgraded cheaper ones - cancel the first malarkey)

So yeah next photo should be 11 in potting/seedling soil with @DYNOMYCO and a light Cal Mag wash

Nick & Co

IMG_4074.jpeg

First in the dirt. Pretty worried. A good few popped leaves already. Should have done this morning already. One Wedding Crasher (white might have failed or not quite there.

Anyone got thought's on leaves in paper? Maybe I gor rhem early enough. They’re under a 9w T5/8 type thing now.

White is wedding Crasher, Black - only 2x CBD Warlock, Green is Hulkberry and Red is Royall Gorilla

They’re in the propagator now that’s got a little bit pf pool water int the bottom tray and a layer maybe a sprinkling of perlite in the inner tray. Then some dutch seedling soul with a moisten of well water (about Ph 7) with a dash of Cal Mag maybe 1ml/L

Pop some more strains tomorrow or Monday I think. Worried about those ones had leaves in paper.

Nick

IMG_4091.jpeg
IMG_4092.jpeg
IMG_4095.jpeg
IMG_4094.jpeg
IMG_4096.jpeg

When I use the water glass/paper towel method I plant them as soon as I see some leg.
Totally - it was close last night 24 hours ago but we decided this morning 14 hours ago. & Co went fishing (literally!) and I was working all day. When I got to them that was I what I found. And yes a night mare to work with a that length - they are remarkably inflexible, always surprises me 😅 but that’s less than 3 days. Pretty quick.

This is interesting.

Maybe the res “grate” collapsed? Cutting more now.

No it rootballed into the res. Through the grate and the sides that weren’t sealed totally tight.

Greedy wench.

IMG_4120.jpeg
IMG_4120.jpeg
IMG_4122.jpeg
IMG_4123.jpeg
IMG_4126.jpeg

Younreckon the ones that popped leaves (and their husks) in paper gonna be ok Azi? Never had it happen before!

Nick
They get touchier the longer you let them go. I'd baby them for a few days, no direct light, bury the stem (but not the leaves) so it's not wobbly, etc.

I put a bag over them. Reduced light already. So annoyed should have been done 12 hours earlier.

image.jpg
Holding thumbs Nick! Azi's suggestion is what I would do too.

The checking sooner for sure, & Co and I not talking this evening 😅 - the plastic bag was already done.

All but one strain look like they’re doing well now. Wedding Crasher - one had a giant tail, one normal and one micro. Sure fine by morning and if not I have spare strains to get to 9.

Got most above ground in 72 hours though.

CBD Warlock 2/2 (had no leaves when in now two each
Royal Gorilla and Hulkberry 3/3 and 2/3 now have leaves above ground.

Tomorrow I think I’ll pop the two Slurricane @Jon and I are trying some fun training stuff one of each. He’s going sombrero and I’m going maybe Mexican on a Bicycle. And the 3x Purple Queen. In a week I’ll do the last 6 for 18 for the grow and 4 for the veg/clone tent.

Bit stressed they got so long but think they are already responding positively - not all of they above ground now were 3-4 hours ago. So pretty pleased.

Nick

IMG_4128.jpeg

The checking sooner for sure, & Co and I not talking this evening 😅 - the plastic bag was already done.

All but one strain look like they’re doing well now. Wedding Crasher - one had a giant tail, one normal and one micro. Sure fine by morning and if not I have spare strains to get to 9.

Got most above ground in 72 hours though.

CBD Warlock 2/2 (had no leaves when in now two each
Royal Gorilla and Hulkberry 3/3 and 2/3 now have leaves above ground.

Tomorrow I think I’ll pop the two Slurricane @Jon and I are trying some fun training stuff one of each. He’s going sombrero and I’m going maybe Mexican on a Bicycle. And the 3x Purple Queen. In a week I’ll do the last 6 for 18 for the grow and 4 for the veg/clone tent.

Bit stressed they got so long but think they are already responding positively - not all of they above ground now were 3-4 hours ago. So pretty pleased.

Nick

IMG_4128.jpeg
Yeah @NickHardy, except I can’t start another plant right now. I have nowhere to grow it. I thought you were just looking for opinions on what strain to grow and that YOU were going to do the comparison for all of us. You can do Sombrero as easily and well as me. But as you know and see, I enjoy those collaborative and interactive growing and comparing dealies. As soon as I move I’ll be rocking 6 tents. I’m sure we can do something more directly in there somewhere. Cool? Sorry if I was unclear, didn’t mean to lead you astray - just a natural communication breakdown.

Back
Top Bottom