Nick Hardy's Skunk Works #1 10 Strains 18 Solo Cups 4x4 HPS/CMH: Thailand!

Lolz can’t help myself.

“Just in case” order of seeds.

Royal Queen have a satellite operation here. Nit a full range but close. I really wanted their “cereal milk” but they don’t have. Royal Skywalker sold out.

So I got these. Know basically nothing about them but they’ll be here in 36 hours no drama.

Both Fem/Photo

One Indica dominant and one Sativa dominant. By big swings too. Hulkberry and Purple Queen.

2 of each in the solos so I’ll probably just do 2 Banners. Keep them for the main grow next time. That will give 7 strains and 18 plants.

Seed bank is on the grow!

Nick

IMG_3801.jpeg

Strawberry Solo SIP Day #52
Twisted Indy Sisters Day #30

There’s photos below. Slightly new angles I tried out. New batch of nutes Ph’d down to 5.7 I haven’t been bothering between mixing so they’ve likely had some higher numbers. Good to run the range - then you’re never right!

Look cool.

Bigger news of my screw ups. Getting 16 seats in the pallet was a pain and 18 made more sense for spacing evenly.

So I need another strain basically. I have a couple of options but neither particularly appealing for this. Might have a look at what’s available locally. RQS have a big presence here. Maybe something fun from there.

The Solos won’t sit at that height. If you zoom in on the cup with the trim clippers in they’ll all be at about the level of the clear pot inside.

I have 5m of that car door protector rubber trim stuff to run round the sharp edged holes. Picture below. That will squeeze the 80mm holes a little smaller and hold them snug. Easier to pick up and easier to see the cup colour.

First look at the labelling system too!

Will be popping Thursday/Friday hopefully. Need to make 3 Solo SIPs and more of our SWICKish starter pots. (The one with the clippers in is Gen V1)

Very excitement! Even & Co is impressed. She wants one for clone operations - she needs a new tent though 🤣

Nick

IMG_3788.jpeg

IMG_3789.jpeg

IMG_3790.jpeg

IMG_3795.jpeg

IMG_3791.jpeg
IMG_3785.jpeg
IMG_3786.jpeg
I bet you think it's a good idea 18/pallet.
I would have done 9 on 2.
You are going to have an impenetrable forest before you know it.
What is the distance between cups divide by 2 and think carefully. :rofl:
Good thing is you can spread them when you need more space.
Hope things are going well today.
Talk soon.

#VIVOSUN #Love What You Grow
Bil😎

I’m having some of those sweet wire cone things Bluter uses made by one of the tradies (guys that cut the holes) hoping I stick to those and am pretty ruthless its be OK.

The ones in flower now I could get 18 of those in there I think. I’ll try them out tomorrow. Easist thing. I’m not really looking for volume. Just samples and learning to grow better. Plus benefit is I’ll know what’s gonna go in the grow after the one starting now for the main room. So 3 months - they’ll need to be vegging in 2 months.

Little lab/clone supply tent.

But yeah mostly cause it will be fun and new!

Nick

Just bought some very cool 8oz curved bottom Solo cups for this grow.

Will do a setup picture thing tomorrow.

Its a refinement on the airpot SWICK pre final
Up Pot (in this grow).

They’re hopefully sll here by Ftiday when we’ll be popping first batch for sure.

They’ll all be getting the @DYNOMYCO treatment because they just sent me some very kind words which have taken the edge of some horribleness this evening.

But kind words and I’m like Tigger,

Nick & Co & L

Hey,

I got to wondering…
@ViparSpectra I’m doing 18 Solo pots in a 4x4 tent and I’m starting them under a no brand LM301B 320W)

I’m planning on a new 700W+ light for them. LM301H is what am jonesing for - recommend anything?

Anyway - the grow is coming together.

Temp solos on hand - bit tired now to make them but maybe after dinner and some sativa. Never know.

Seeds -

Package Two from Europe - arrived BKK Sister in Laws House. So far been Thaied up. Sent the slowest way at the latest moment. Tomorrow or who knows when. They lost the the tracking number/receipt.

Package Two from Europe - arrived BKK Sister in Laws House.said if your sister doesn’t send it the way I am paying for (shipping and her time) I will be very sad. Something like that anyway. She sends tonight or tomorrow that’s Friday.

Package Three from Bangkok, RQS Seeds Official - at the distribution centre 10 minutes drive away. They’ll be here in the morning.

The rubber edging should be here tomorrow for the grow pallet. Need to scavenge (with permission) some breeze/cinderblocks and we’re pretty much done.

I just need a light for later in the grow and then its harvest time already, right?

Drainage was somved today with the arrival of the tasty trays in the picture above. 15 are coco airpots so always water to run off. 3 SIPs they dribble so having the tray below just means a 60 second blast once a day with the wet/dry vac - or not in the unlikely event I want more more humidity!

Some bits bought for the SIP build for Azi today as well.

Extra wide diameter straws to feed. Plastic baskets to cut to size for the res.

Red heavy duty cable ties and blue duct tape because no one ever regretted having them on hand - seriously!

Nick
IMG_3853.jpeg
IMG_3868.jpeg

With the last of the main grow I moved them. This is the easiest section to get to and the light they were under has a dodgy connection. This light has a broken section but you pays $800 a light you take your chances, right!

😠

Anyway after watching my plants for a few minutes I’m reeee-laxed again. No more light talk.

Couldn’t be bothered to lower the light for now just used their “Power Lift” Function and took them to the light. We’re out of gas and my cracked rib (from trying to fix the dodgy…) so not bothering. Also the room is too empty. Would just be wasting most of it.

What I am going to try is lowering the plants right down, basically the cupholders on the drainage feet.

Lower the light right down.

Fold the light up into an upside down V ensconcing them with light on the sides as well.

Like a little light house….

See what happens 🤷🏽

Nick

IMG_3693.jpeg
You pay $800 you take your chances? What exactly are you paying for lights? I have the same light as this and for $800 it’s pretty solid. I bet they’d replace that bar for you.

Hey,

I got to wondering…
@ViparSpectra I’m doing 18 Solo pots in a 4x4 tent and I’m starting them under a no brand LM301B 320W)

I’m planning on a new 700W+ light for them. LM301H is what am jonesing for - recommend anything?

Anyway - the grow is coming together.

Temp solos on hand - bit tired now to make them but maybe after dinner and some sativa. Never know.

Seeds -

Package Two from Europe - arrived BKK Sister in Laws House. So far been Thaied up. Sent the slowest way at the latest moment. Tomorrow or who knows when. They lost the the tracking number/receipt.

Package Two from Europe - arrived BKK Sister in Laws House.said if your sister doesn’t send it the way I am paying for (shipping and her time) I will be very sad. Something like that anyway. She sends tonight or tomorrow that’s Friday.

Package Three from Bangkok, RQS Seeds Official - at the distribution centre 10 minutes drive away. They’ll be here in the morning.

The rubber edging should be here tomorrow for the grow pallet. Need to scavenge (with permission) some breeze/cinderblocks and we’re pretty much done.

I just need a light for later in the grow and then its harvest time already, right?

Drainage was somved today with the arrival of the tasty trays in the picture above. 15 are coco airpots so always water to run off. 3 SIPs they dribble so having the tray below just means a 60 second blast once a day with the wet/dry vac - or not in the unlikely event I want more more humidity!

Some bits bought for the SIP build for Azi today as well.

Extra wide diameter straws to feed. Plastic baskets to cut to size for the res.

Red heavy duty cable ties and blue duct tape because no one ever regretted having them on hand - seriously!

Nick
IMG_3853.jpeg
IMG_3868.jpeg
If your budget is unlimited, get the best 700+ bar light on planet earth. Check out Fohse. And pick up your jaw.

Ok I’m so in for this. I would have done this already but I think about how much work it is to water just what I have now. You’re talking watering every day, maybe twice a day. It’s insane. Can’t wait to see you work!

:popcorn:

Watering is easy with those trays. Youmll see why.

The lights are made by a sponsor. Rhey offered to send me a 6” section for a qualified electrician to replace. On me producing a receipt from someone else for $20USD rhey woukd reimburse me the $20USD.

Yeah seen those lights. Average. Lights arw just commodities. Aluminium bars with diodes from 4-5 diode manufactures in different grades.

Within the grades there are different grades or “bins”

I desgined my own off the worlds biggest OEM light manufacturer.

We’ve met a few times in real life. I gave them some leads. Now with the law potentially changing nothing is happening. So my light isn’t currently happening because they want a commitment of 50+ lights.

We’re still talking. All cool. But yeah have plans.

Vipar or anyone want to save me $500 (I have a deal there for 1000w tri dimmable (what do ai I want with UV 🙃)
But they have to commit

Do we will see. >700W will go on this gro by flower. Not sure where it will from from yet.

Nick

Passion Project Update.

First seeds are here. Cool they’re from a local store. Shipped totally legit to them and then me. Thailand is an Absolute monarchy technically. Lese Majeste laws are a big deal here and a real bone of contention with the younger voters. Criticidmse the Royal family and you go to jail. - for like 5 years minimum. In England they’d have 80% the country locked up we had the same!

However - The Netherlands/Holland is also a sorta monarchy. Theirs’ is more relaxed and more fun people.

I didn’t realise @RoyalQueenSeeds was a sponsor here. Cool! Your people in Bangkok very good and efficient! Thanks! Get them some Cereal Milk please!

The rubber for the pallet is due today as is another shipment from Europe. Tomorrow should get the last three. Rejigged the grow in terms of strains. Sorry you’ll probably need to zoom in

2 of each of 9.

Nothing to do with the number of colours Solo pots I have on hand.

Nothing!

There’s also some details of a previous tested grow (In Canada) of the CBD strain I’m putting one in of.

Nick

IMG_3890.jpeg
ae6e575f-9f68-431a-91d1-8508578dc952.jpeg
ce1e30b6-c79d-4861-b91d-9271ad453c68.jpeg

OK SIP build Started.

Azi - I have chosen bigger feed straws and aiming for a 100ml res (last was 80ml)

I know you want airpot style holes.

I’m gonna go same small style as my solo airpot.

If you want bigger let me know, I’ll do as you prefer - just I would say think of scale.

I’m gonna have to make 15 more airpots after these three SIPs so you have time! There’s a pic below of my solo airpot holes.

Nick

IMG_3898.jpeg
IMG_3896.jpeg
IMG_3897.jpeg

Passion Project Update.

First seeds are here. Cool they’re from a local store. Shipped totally legit to them and then me. Thailand is an Absolute monarchy technically. Lese Majeste laws are a big deal here and a real bone of contention with the younger voters. Criticidmse the Royal family and you go to jail. - for like 5 years minimum. In England they’d have 80% the country locked up we had the same!

However - The Netherlands/Holland is also a sorta monarchy. Theirs’ is more relaxed and more fun people.

The rubber for the pallet is due today as is another shipment from Europe. Tomorrow should get the last three. Rejigged the grow in terms of strains. Sorry you’ll probably need to zoom in

2 of each of 9.

Nothing!

There’s also some details of a previous tested grow (In Canada) of the CBD strain I’m putting one in of.

Nick

IMG_3890.jpeg
Purple queen is a winner I’ve ran in the passed !!! Best of luck !!

Passion Project Update.

I didn’t realise @RoyalQueenSeeds was a sponsor here. Cool! Your people in Bangkok very good and efficient! Thanks! Get them some Cereal Milk please!

2 of each of 9.

Nothing!

Nick

IMG_3890.jpeg
Is everything about growing CBD weed exactly the same as regular weed? No differences whatsoever?

Is everything about growing CBD weed exactly the same as regular weed? No differences whatsoever?
😂

An excellent question Jon!

All my seeds grown to harvest so far are from them (clones not) and I donn’t think so, they fonmt tend to give anything other than veg and flower times for indoor or which Month/time for outdoor. Its not that low in THC and they invented the original Warlock, Kali Mist and a bunch of others that got rebred and sold as xyz farms own.

Think the same - but will check. I don’t think I’ll get just one strain off my mate. He’s got literally 1000s of his own and coming to & Co’s birthday tomorrow with his kid and his grow partner. They’re going overseas soon so pretty sure they’ll be my Strawberry getting swapsied for some seeds. He loves it like me!

So the list is still a work in progress. Be nice to pop the Sativas on Saturday as they’re a little longer running - The Banners and Hulkberrys. I prefer Sats personally so this is a bit Indy dominant for me.

I need new colours of Solos to add strains though 🤣

EDIT - to cover watering them re: @Jon thoughts elsewhere.

In terms of care a Solo SIP is a pain but by design its a bit more forgiving you miss a watering. But Solo Sized its still a twice a day commitment / which kinda defeats the purpose! But fun to do anyway.

We have two nute tanks. The smaller 100L - 25G tank has a hose running off a pump. Water to run off with the new 85cm brass watering wand (with rubber grip) to run
IMG_3899.jpeg
off into the trays below is a cinch with that setup. If it was indoors we’d just use the wet/dry vac to empty the trays.

So 30 - yeah you could in 4x4 for sure. But I’m starting with 18 because only a second timer!

Nick

Thinking lights. Always lights.

My perfect setup in a 4x4 would be a Mars FC-6500 730w above. then a Mars TS600 on each side for fun.

So @Mars Hydro - its father's day coming. Looking to sponsor a grow?

Help me push the limits.

Let me know!

Nick

😂

An excellent question Jon!

All my seeds grown to harvest so far are from them (clones not) and I donn’t think so, they fonmt tend to give anything other than veg and flower times for indoor or which Month/time for outdoor. Its not that low in THC and they invented the original Warlock, Kali Mist and a bunch of others that got rebred and sold as xyz farms own.

Think the same - but will check. I don’t think I’ll get just one strain off my mate. He’s got literally 1000s of his own and coming to & Co’s birthday tomorrow with his kid and his grow partner. They’re going overseas soon so pretty sure they’ll be my Strawberry getting swapsied for some seeds. He loves it like me!

So the list is still a work in progress. Be nice to pop the Sativas on Saturday as they’re a little longer running - The Banners and Hulkberrys. I prefer Sats personally so this is a bit Indy dominant for me.

I need new colours of Solos to add strains though 🤣

EDIT - to cover watering them re: @Jon thoughts elsewhere.

In terms of care a Solo SIP is a pain but by design its a bit more forgiving you miss a watering. But Solo Sized its still a twice a day commitment / which kinda defeats the purpose! But fun to do anyway.

We have two nute tanks. The smaller 100L - 25G tank has a hose running off a pump. Water to run off with the new 85cm brass watering wand (with rubber grip) to run
IMG_3899.jpeg
off into the trays below is a cinch with that setup. If it was indoors we’d just use the wet/dry vac to empty the trays.

So 30 - yeah you could in 4x4 for sure. But I’m starting with 18 because only a second timer!

Nick
Cool! Thanks for the detail @NickHardy. I also have two 12-outlet manifolds from past prizes I’ve never used, bet I can use them in a feed tank scenario. Already researching cuz when I’m back in Pa the first grow is 3 5x5s, 2 3x3s, and a 2x4 all at once and all in coco. Lots of watering. And btw - I wouldn’t start with 40, lol. I’d do as you are and at least “sorta” ease my way in, lol! I’m psyched to see how it goes for you.

Back
Top Bottom