Nick Hardy's Skunk Works #3 5x5 - Dissertation Grow

Can you stack them? Farmer mate had 6 I think. They had man sized inspection hatches on top (& Co climbs into the 200L tank to clean - then I showed her a hidden power socket you can plug the wet/dry in which is easier 🤣)
IMG_0739.jpeg

That’s $60-70 that’s a whole heap of Ph Down. I guess one of those. Ooh but you got me thinking.

One of those (4x4 as it fits on a pallet) as the flower fert mixing tank. Fill the 200L off that and Ph down the 200L daily, big ticket items like the Bloom Explode just add in to the 200L with the base in the 1000L. Use the 100L for veg as they drink less then. Its going to be a choice between one of those and a 4x4 for cloning and breeding.
Yes they can stack ,if you want access to the lid i would put something between the tanks to lift top one up to give access to one below.
If it was me and I had kids around and other people I'd probably tack weld top to bottom to stop any accidents happening

Yes they can stack ,if you want access to the lid i would put something between the tanks to lift top one up to give access to one below.
If it was my and I had kids around and other people I'd probably tack weld top to bottom to stop any accidents happening
You got to fill and test it, agreed on the tack weld or even big ratchet straps.

IMG_0740.jpeg
IMG_0741.jpeg
IMG_0742.jpeg

They’ve started falling over.

I'd be concerned about the load bearing capacity of the floor with 600L of water over a 5x5 area. Online it says it's over 1,300 lbs (or interestingly enough, about 600 kilos!).
IMG_0748.jpeg

The slab floor built like this - top awaiting the second concrete layer, there’s a sandwich of compacted soil and then rock under the black plastic, so say 1030kg per full 1000L tank (1L = 1Kg) in a 1.2x1.2m space is fine. Double it for two tanks maybe your actually worried about the lower tank - but the rebar probably handles it? They’s had 25T trucks driving all over it for a couple of weeks, a drilling rig before that. Couple of tons on that footprint would be fine I think.

I'd be concerned about the load bearing capacity of the floor with 600L of water over a 5x5 area. Online it says it's over 1,300 lbs (or interestingly enough, about 600 kilos!).
Pretty sure he's on the ground floor on a concrete slab

You live a dream Nick 😂 if I have space to a tank I'd only go and buy another tent making my situation worse 😂

don't talk to me about floods ✋ I've had a fair few whilst filling my little resovoirs 😂 never on feeding though.

Oops looks like I spoke too soon on them tops 😂

You live a dream Nick 😂 if I have space to a tank I'd only go and buy another tent making my situation worse 😂

don't talk to me about floods ✋ I've had a fair few whilst filling my little resovoirs 😂 never on feeding though.

Oops looks like I spoke too soon on them tops 😂
I think I can fit a 300L in behind this 5x5 and the 8x4 then a little 4x4 for cloning/breeding over by the other 5x5. It’ll just make ordering 500L of coco at a time a bit of a pain - we’ll have very little storage left - but switching to 3 gallon airpots will help lower our coco requirements anyway.

There’s a silver lining to it all it gets banned. There was loads of crap that & Co had hoarded in the garage. That’s all gone now. Clearing out the garage now would take an hour or so only. Unplug the lights and take down the tents. My Dad has a book out about taking down tents at the moment 😂

Can you stack them? Farmer mate had 6 I think. They had man sized inspection hatches on top (& Co climbs into the 200L tank to clean - then I showed her a hidden power socket you can plug the wet/dry in which is easier 🤣)
IMG_0739.jpeg

That’s $60-70 that’s a whole heap of Ph Down. I guess one of those. Ooh but you got me thinking.

One of those (4x4 as it fits on a pallet) as the flower fert mixing tank. Fill the 200L off that and Ph down the 200L daily, big ticket items like the Bloom Explode just add in to the 200L with the base in the 1000L. Use the 100L for veg as they drink less then. Its going to be a choice between one of those and a 4x4 for cloning and breeding.
Your included picture literally shows two stacked in the background! :rolleyes:

Your included picture literally shows two stacked in the background! :rolleyes:
Empty is a bit different!

For not noticing zees Mr Azi-muth you are to be punished by a fate worse zan death! You are to zee more bud pictures Mwwawahahahahhaha

IMG_0788.jpeg
IMG_0789.jpeg
IMG_0790.jpeg
IMG_0794.jpeg
IMG_0795.jpeg
IMG_0787.jpeg

IMG_0820.jpeg
IMG_0821.jpeg

IMG_0825.jpeg

The first few pictures are me trying and fsiling to get all of a Tropicanna Banana in one shot. It has five fat long colas on it and is still going strong. Its a full 10 weeker. Plenty more in the tank.

The last picture is me and couch surfer kid trying to get one of them measured that sits at the back. This one has 7 big colas plus this 2 footer. Also a TB.

So two plants - maybe 5-6 ft of prime colas each. Another ten to come.

Farmer reckoned I’ll just miss 2kg. That was a week ago. Ask him again tomorrow.

Here endeth the lesson young Azimuth. I expect better things from you in our next lesson. 🪈

Nick

You would definitely need electric stirrers fitted into to tank or internal pumps just to stir and circulate nutrients
Or don’t stack them and use a bit of PVC pipe and a couch surfing free loader stir them 🤣

Empty is a bit different!

For not noticing zees Mr Azi-muth you are to be punished by a fate worse zan death! You are to zee more bud pictures Mwwawahahahahhaha

IMG_0788.jpeg
IMG_0789.jpeg
IMG_0790.jpeg
IMG_0794.jpeg
IMG_0795.jpeg
IMG_0787.jpeg

IMG_0820.jpeg
IMG_0821.jpeg

IMG_0825.jpeg

The first few pictures are me trying and fsiling to get all of a Tropicanna Banana in one shot. It has five fat long colas on it and is still going strong. Its a full 10 weeker. Plenty more in the tank.

The last picture is me and couch surfer kid trying to get one of them measured that sits at the back. This one has 7 big colas plus this 2 footer. Also a TB.

So two plants - maybe 5-6 ft of prime colas each. Another ten to come.

Farmer reckoned I’ll just miss 2kg. That was a week ago. Ask him again tomorrow.

Here endeth the lesson young Azimuth. I expect better things from you in our next lesson. 🪈

Nick
Your stated question was can you stack them, not should you stack them.

Please be more precise in your future communications. You're British for godsake. Up your game, sir!

:rofl:

Your stated question was can you stack them, not should you stack them.

Please be more precise in your future communications. You're British for godsake. Up your game, sir!

:rofl:
Yeah we’d already discussed that Poindexter, there’s pictures on the site of them 3 high 🤣

I’m Irish these days anyway. My Brit passport is about to expire and not sure I’m going to bother renewing. I might have to to get L in the first time. Her Irish one might take longer. Find out next month when we finally go to Bangkok.

Back
Top Bottom