Nick Hardy's Skunk Works #5 420 & Canuk Seeds: Gorilla Bruce - Lets Talk About Sex

IMG_0703.jpeg

12/12 here 0/13 of the remainder. Have some time tomorrow to try cracking some.

IMG_0722.jpeg

There were 13 in dirt nothing doing. 3 we’re failed, half cracked rotten. 2 are lost.

There are 9 here. Gonna soak them in H2o2 til they do something!

19 viable gives me a better chance of getting 12 ladies than 12 does - actually I want 13 - one to spray up with the STS.

🤞🏼

IMG_0722.jpeg

There were 13 in dirt nothing doing. 3 we’re failed, half cracked rotten. 2 are lost.

There are 9 here. Gonna soak them in H2o2 til they do something!

19 viable gives me a better chance of getting 12 ladies than 12 does - actually I want 13 - one to spray up with the STS.

🤞🏼
Might have to start taking clones from veg grows for the next tents grows imagine the cost saving doing that for complete grow for all rooms, then pop new strains for next round and go again

Might have to start taking clones from veg grows for the next tents grows imagine the cost saving doing that for complete grow for all rooms, then pop new strains for next round and go again
Yeah we got out of the habit of cloning - the timings for the previous main grow (harvested (November) was out of sync so we had some clones that were rubbish, big impact on yield, we had clones plus leftovers. So bought all new stock and picked up a seed buying addiction, actually I got that back in April.

I have time to fuck about a bit with these and find a home for them when time suits. Maybe grow these out to sex, cull the males, clone the girls. While the clones grow out I could flip the original girls and S1 them with their own clones. Then start a fresh 12 Fems from the resultant seeds and grow them to harvest. I then what? S2 them? How far down do I need to go to name them?!

Sound like a plan?

IMG_0738.jpeg

I found 8/13 seeds in the dirt. Soaked them for a but more than 12 hours. 5 sunk. Back in paper.

I added some water plus cal mag 4-0-0
+ Fe at 1.5ml/L to the paper.

The remainder in soil cubes I added fresh full veg nutes to - with the ones that are known dead I think there are 2-3 potentials left in there.

IMG_0855.jpeg
IMG_0856.jpeg

There were 3-4 micro tails there. The rest I squished and cracked. Some were easier than others. One popped off and you could see it was chunky thick. Hard grey rough shell.

Even the ones had cracked on their own - 26 hours soaking in H2o2, 7 days in warm moist soil, they’ve had every chance, I am persistent. Anyway even them they need at least another 24 hours maybe more.

So we continue.

The girls downstairs are bouncing along. They’re in Swickies - I’ll shoot some pictures of them later. They also have the edges of a 315 CMH and an 320w LED and Co2.

12 happy girls.

Nick

IMG_0857.jpeg

I wanted a baseline reading on the light not having run these two lights together before.

I when the CMH went in a couole of days ago I took a look and turned the 320w down from 60% to 40% That’s fine there, probably by the book. I wouldn’t mind a little more for the bigger girls in with them

The tent is dry, I saw earlier the standing water I left in there had evaporated. I’ll add more and target 72-75%. This will keep it hot and moist in there and tick the VPD down - thats flower levels of VPD right now.

Nick

IMG_0851.jpeg

The Dead Eight

The extra 8 were dead. The ones that split had nothing but mush in. The 3 that wouldn’t split had their chance. They are in the bin.

Someone mentioned too young seeds? I dunno but we ain’t getting anymore out of those.

So we have 12 in Swickies. What are they?

IMG_0914.jpeg

An inner clear solo cup with chop stick sized holes in sides and bottom. Its filled with coco and perlite with a bottom layer of perlite and the seedling hoes in here after about 5 days in a cube of seedling soil. The coloured solo has just a layer of perlite in and no holes.
IMG_0911.jpeg

Here you can see the layering and that the roots have progressed down through the cup in the last 5-6 days.

IMG_0912.jpeg

The perlite res in the bottom is dry so once a day we add around 20-30ml of water down the side you can’t really overwater these.

IMG_0913.jpeg

Just add water until the perlite starts to swell and just float and you’re done for the day. About 10 seconds per pot. We use giant 100ml and 200ml syringes so its an ideal setup when you have 20-30 seedlings on the go. In two weeks time we’re doing about 80 in 3-4 batches so having something you can train anyone to do and then do quickly is ideal.

IMG_0910.jpeg

Go on! Be a girl please!

Another week or so and then I’ll put them somewhere with 12/12 light so we can sex them. How many girls we get will dictate how these @Canuk Seeds get treated. Bred, then flowered, cloned, with only probably 6 its a bit of an issue normally we’d be 12 per tent. I guess we could try 6 in 3 gallon pots in this 5x5 Probably need another light to make that worthwhile.

Anyway these just need more of the same for a week. Can figure out what’s next later.

Nick

IMG_1079.jpeg

IMG_1078.jpeg

They’re loving life. On Sunday I’m going to up pot them. Maybe. If so maybe full solos. Maybe like 1/2 Gallon’s. They’re going on 12/12 to sex them upstairs in the main flower room. This tent is getting a 1000w HPS to finish off some plants from the other 5x5 and the other plants in here are going to that 5x5

By the time they’re sexed and I know the final number I’ll decide a plan. If I get less than 4 girls then it will be a short and sweet journal - they’re so out of sync with all our other grows just 3-4 plants is just a waste of tent space. Maybe outdoors is the solution. Or maybe I’ll buy a 3x3 tent. Have lights and fans.

Nick

IMG_1195.jpeg
IMG_1197.jpeg

Up pot to dunno like 1/2 gallon pots? They seem smaller than the Giant Solos.

Final homes probably.

I’m going to give them a week to take to the new pots and then flip them to 12/12 to sex them and see what we got.

A most un Nick like journal this is! Only for the die hard, the lost and bored. Its weird I have minimal interest in the flower in this one. Just express them through breeding. I think I’m going to pop some of the seeds from the 4x4 tomorrow and cross one of these with a Mim OP or Wedding Crasher. That’ll be fun. That’s not to say I’m not looking forward to the strain - I do want to do a full run of 12 but starting with 12 so this seems like a nice interlude before doing it properly.

Nick

Promise me this is the last one?
I only just found this journal now.
IMG_0572.jpeg

S1’s here I come. This is the main focus of this journal now. I’m going to breed some seeds - maybe two types. S1 the Gorilla x Bruce and also cross with one of the 9 different types I have from the hermied tent. See what the phenos look like.

Nick
LOL @ plants do not have a gender. They are plants.

Well depends. Cannabis Sativa, along with spinach and others is a dioecious plant but many are monoecious.

Monoecious examples Oak, Pumpkin, Corn. They have both male and female sexual organs.

There is a third gender, hermaphrodite where both sexual organs are in the same flower. Tomatoes, Strawberries, Lillys!

Back
Top Bottom