Canuk Seeds Comparative Grow

Took her down last week and tasted today...not much to report. She is practically pure black with little bits of green for good measure lol.

Here's a few larf buds. Both plants seem pretty dry but the humidity here is a perfect 62% atm so nothing to do.

20240408_153010.jpg
Looks like it would taste like grape juice after cure. Cheers

Sorry,I haven’t posted here in several weeks. I had some health issues that are now resolved (for now at least) but it seems like there’s always something lurking nowadays. But I’m not here to talk about my kidneys…
I chose Acapulco Gold Feminized Elite & Double Chocolate Feminized. The Double Chocolate were in 10 gallon SIPs in TLO soil using the Rev’s soil recipe. The only thing I gave them was Cal/Mag & a microbial inoculant. They stayed bushy and green up until a couple weeks before harvest & rendered 12 zips. They’ve been jarred for several days now. I’ll make two posts for clarity between the two. Of course I sampled some! I have only good things to say about this strain. If memory serves, it’s a 60/40 Sativa dominant hybrid & the effect is quite similar to Sour Diesel- uplifting and doesn’t induce couch lock or drooling 🤤. Outdoors is brighter & more interesting & it makes me want to play the piano. I can’t though, since I don’t know how & I don’t have a piano, so I play my guitar instead :bongrip:
Here come some pics. The Double Chocolate are on the right. This was at 12 weeks of veg.

IMG_4319.jpeg
Here they are stretching their little hearts out. In case you forgot, they’re on the right.
IMG_4330.jpeg

Heater they’re about a week into flower. So much for the even canopy…
IMG_4387.jpeg

It was around this time that the aforementioned health issues reared their ugly heads put me out of commission for a few weeks & left me drained of energy for a few more, during which time the girls were neglected except for being watered every few days. So fast forward for about seven weeks and here’s what they did:

IMG_4446.jpeg

IMG_4447.jpeg
IMG_4449.jpeg

They’re still on the right…
IMG_4454.jpeg

I can only post three more pics, so here’s the chop, trim & jarring. I’m more than pleased. Looks like I’ll have to make another post…

Next up is Acapulco Gold. They’re still in their pots. One is in a 10 gallon SIP & the other is in a 5 gallon SIP. They are in store bought soil & did great until flower& then I had to start top watering them once weekly with the Cal/Mag & then I had to start feeding them. I was able to top dress the one in the 5 gallon pot but the one in the 10 gallon had roots underneath the mulch cover & I was worried about whether it was a good idea to scratch the soil & then put nutes directly on the roots (I’m a poet & didn’t know it).
It didn’t matter, because almost immediately after top dressing the one, bam! Kidney stones! Other health related things surfaced and weeks went by before I could get back on top of things. Enough about that. You’ve probably already deduced that in this series of group pics the Goldies are on the left. I say that for clarity in case you’re baked like I am. They vegged for the same 12 weeks as their cousins & caught up with them during stretch. All of ‘em were flipped January 20 made me wait about 10 days before showing any pistils. The Goldies are different as night and day, which I’ve experienced before, so I almost expect it now. The trichs on the 10 gallon girl appear to be close to fruition - a good mix of clear, cloudy, amber & purple. I did a partial harvest on her in hopes that the lower flowers fatten up some. They both have too much larf due to not being properly attended, I’ll recycle most of it in my next batch of soil. Enough of my rambling. Here are some pics. They’re on the left in the first pic…
IMG_4486.jpeg

Now they’re up front. You can see the difference in them…
IMG_4485.jpeg

Here’s a before and after the partial harvest…
IMG_4559.jpeg
IMG_4560.jpeg

I think another week or two for the partially chopped one, but my gut tells me to wait on the other one…

Thanks @Canuk Seeds Seeds for the seeds! I’m a customer now.

Next up is Acapulco Gold. They’re still in their pots. One is in a 10 gallon SIP & the other is in a 5 gallon SIP. They are in store bought soil & did great until flower& then I had to start top watering them once weekly with the Cal/Mag & then I had to start feeding them. I was able to top dress the one in the 5 gallon pot but the one in the 10 gallon had roots underneath the mulch cover & I was worried about whether it was a good idea to scratch the soil & then put nutes directly on the roots (I’m a poet & didn’t know it).
It didn’t matter, because almost immediately after top dressing the one, bam! Kidney stones! Other health related things surfaced and weeks went by before I could get back on top of things. Enough about that. You’ve probably already deduced that in this series of group pics the Goldies are on the left. I say that for clarity in case you’re baked like I am. They vegged for the same 12 weeks as their cousins & caught up with them during stretch. All of ‘em were flipped January 20 made me wait about 10 days before showing any pistils. The Goldies are different as night and day, which I’ve experienced before, so I almost expect it now. The trichs on the 10 gallon girl appear to be close to fruition - a good mix of clear, cloudy, amber & purple. I did a partial harvest on her in hopes that the lower flowers fatten up some. They both have too much larf due to not being properly attended, I’ll recycle most of it in my next batch of soil. Enough of my rambling. Here are some pics. They’re on the left in the first pic…
IMG_4486.jpeg

IMG_4485.jpeg

IMG_4559.jpeg
IMG_4560.jpeg

I think another week or two for the partially chopped one, but my gut tells me to wait on the other one…

those colas are on the small side to me its the led light effect ..

IMG_4486.jpeg

IMG_4485.jpeg

IMG_4559.jpeg
IMG_4560.jpeg

I know all about kidney stones... been in hospital multiple times with them, so I can relate. Hope you feel better.
Beautiful plants, love the fade.

First thing I thank @Canuk Seeds for letting me be a part of this Comparative Grow. I ran 2 Elite strains of Acapulco Gold n Lambs Bread. The genetics 🧬 were amazing, ez to grow without any problems. I’m definitely going to be a customer in the future. I will update with a smoke review when they are properly cured. CL🍀 :thanks: Edit: pictures are a partial harvest with a rough wet trim.

IMG_5085.jpeg

IMG_5086.jpeg

IMG_5087.jpeg

IMG_5082.jpeg

IMG_5083.jpeg

IMG_5084.jpeg

IMG_5110.jpeg

IMG_5111.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom