Sponsored: CrazyChef's Seven Strain Grow, Dutch Seed Shop

Welp, here I am on my 3rd grow! I can't tell you just how much I love this new found hobby! My first grow is almost complete, and my second grow is going quite nicely. So here is the beginning of my third grow, and (hopefully) I can apply not only what I've learned to do so far, but also what I've learned what NOT to do...

So, what are we growing? Well I'm glad you asked! I received a single bean each of seven different strains from @Dutch Seeds Shop for this grow. These were given to me free of charge, in exchange for this grow journal. I'm really looking forward to seeing the difference between these seven different strains as they mature.

Here's a list of what they sent me, along with links to each on the Dutch Seeds Shop website:

Grandaddy x Bruce Banner

Cement Shoes

Jack Herer

White Fire OG (WiFi OG)

Lamb's Bread

Ultra Violet OG

Purple Punch

Starters:
Jiffy Pellet Plant Starters

Soil:
70% Kellogg Garden Organics All Natural Premium Outdoor Potting Mix
30% Vigoro Organic Perlite

Nutes:
Greenleaf Nutrients Mega Crop
Sensi CalMag Xtra
Unsulphered molasses (once flowers begin to show)

Containers:
5 gallon fabric pots

This will be an indoor grow. To start, they'll be living the first half of their lives in a 2x4 veg tent I have set up with 4X four foot dual strip LED shop lights. For the 2nd half of their lives, they'll be living in a 4x8 flower tent outfitted with 3X Oneo II LED 1000W full spectrum grow lights, as well as a Vivosun 6" exhaust and inline air filter. I'll be quadlining these girls, as I really like this technique.

I plan on updating this journal every Sunday, with occasional mid-week updates for anything unusual.

Thanks for looking, and thanks again to @Dutch Seeds Shop for the seeds!

So here's what @Dutch Seeds Shop sent me. I really dig the tee shirt!
UcUtrIY.jpg

Gettin' ready...
R4EiwLn.jpg

Beans all snug in their tiny little beds
2aHqXo0.jpg

ARE THEY READY YET?!?!?
mXHMAcT.jpg

Howdy CC.
Had to come and lend my support. I'm glad to see you using Kellogg soil. I was just contemplating trying it. It's much cheaper than Fox Farms and I can get it locally.
I also wanted a preview of the Purple Punch as I also received one.
I'll start my journal in about a month from now.
Happy growing!

@Virgin ground I get a 40 qt. bag for $7 at Home Depot
IKR!
My FFOF is $7.99 for 12 qts. It grows beautiful plants but can be cost prohibitive to some.
My mom used it for her tomatoes this year and they are impressive.
It will be good to see how it works with the Mega Crop as well.

So, I guess there's a time limit on how many hours until you can't edit a post any longer. This should have been in the first post, but I guess I'll just put it here. I'm gonna use the following abbreviations for the girls when updating this journal:

GBB Grandaddy x Bruce Banner​
CS Cement Shoes​
JH Jack Herer​
WIFI White Fire OG (WiFi OG)​
LB Lamb's Bread​
UV Ultra Violet OG​
PP Purple Punch​

Lest I not be a man of my word... I said I'll update every Sunday. It's only been 2 days since I planted the beans, so nothing to report yet. I was hoping there would be at least one magic bean that had sprouted, but alas, it was not to be had. Oh well, I hope next Sunday I'll be able to say that all 7 beans have popped.

Hey Chef, i'm in for the ride! Congrats on the sponsored beans, that's sweet! :high-five:
Loads of awesome genetics i'm looking forward to seeing you grow them out. Gonna be something special seeing all 7 strains bloomed out together.
Any sign of them breaking ground?? :theband:

Yeah, I'm thinking it'll definitely be an interesting garden
Any sign of them breaking ground??
Just the GBB, CS, UV, and PP so far. If they don't all pop, I'll supplement the grow with some beans I have from Seedsman and/or Dope Seeds. Gotta keep the tents full! :yummy:

hey bud, just spotted your dss grow, its funny, we are on same paths lol
just completed first grow, second grow pounding on, and just starting third, both dss sponsor grows lol and its great, the only seed we have doubles of is the ultra violet, so, combine this journal strains, along with mine strains, and some of the other dss journals i expect to see pop up,

well by the end of the year dutch seed shop should have a good amount of info on the products in the real world!
between us we have 11 strains i guess lol

will tag along, see how yours go cheers

Cool! The JH, WIFI, and LB still haven't popped yet. I'm gonna open up the seed starter plugs today and see why they haven't popped. Also, had a mishap where the seed starter cover accidentally hit the CS seedling and knocked her over. I don't think she's gonna survive. Planning on transplanting the girls to Solo cups today. I'll try putting the CS in a little deep to support the stem and hope she survives.

TUpxBW3.jpg

Time for the Sunday update!

Well, the babies seem to be okay, except for the CS. I put the 4 girls into their Solo cups yesterday, and tried propping up the CS with extra soil around the base. Doesn't look like she's gonna make it, but I'll keep going until she's confirmed to be a goner.

I was gonna toss the other 3 that haven't popped yet (it's been 9 days now), but decided to open up the plugs and take a look. There's definitely growth in there - enough that I'm surprised they haven't peeked out yet. So, I'm gonna give 'em a few more days and keep my fingers crossed. I didn't take a pic of them opened, as I closed them back up very quickly when I saw the growth.

GBB, UV, PP, CS:
VkbLPHe.jpg

CS
YlOR4GX.jpg

Plugs (why not?)
TDwtpTq.jpg

Okay, that's it for now. Not much, but hopefully I'll have some good news to report next Sunday. Thanks for looking!

Glad to see some sprouts!
I hope your little one makes it.
That's the stinky thing about single seeds. No backups.

Yeah, kinda sucks. If the beans in the plugs don't pop, and the CS dies, I'm gonna supplement this grow with some stuff I have from Seedsman and Dope Seeds. I can fit up to 8 five gallon fabric pots in the2x4 veg tent, so I wanna keep it full.
Certainly can't fault you for wanting a full tent. It costs a lot to run these things. Gotta keep them maxed-out.

Welp, here we are again on a Sunday Update for this grow. The CS didn't make it, and the 3 other beans never came through the top of the plugs. So, now we're down to 3 plants out of 7 beans. I'll be adding new strains to the tent, but will keep that in a new journal as this one is sponsored by @Dutch Seeds Shop

All 3 girls. The PP seems stalled for some reason, even though all 3 have exactly the same treatment.
1661025523557.png

The UV
1661025587834.png
1661025667533.png

The GBB
1661025738630.png

1661025870468.png

The PP

1661025968300.png
1661026041946.png

Back
Top Bottom