Seven Hazes

A nice wrap up Emeraldo of a great grow! Interesting how bud changes as it cures.

I recently read of some folk using some sort of freeze dryers to dry their fresh harvest bud in just a day ready for jarring, the buds retained all their 'fresh' colour and lots more terpenes, but broke up like cured bud. It looked excellent but I understood there is a bit of cost to those sort of dryers.

Good luck on the seeds, mine were only 16 days old which did surprise me that they germinated. Great grow! :thumb:

...I have found green, pale and even immature looking seeds to be viable the first year. They don't age as well.

If maybe in a year or two the greenies might not sprout, that would indicate maybe I should just try to germinate all the seeds I got off SLH#2 and select the most vigorous seedlings for this continuing experiment.

Here is what my "greenies" -- SLH#2 x Michka -- look like:

And here are the mix of two colours I got from SLH#1 (the darker brown are, I suspect, SLH x Super Malawi Haze:

Any comments on viability of these would be welcome!

Cheers

Of the 4-5 immature Mulanje seeds I tried to germinate, I think only 1 failed, and your's in comparison have some considerably darker seeds amongst them, so I would imagine that you'd still potentially germinate quite few even if you only did half them.

Thanks @Stunger. As I recall, the SLH#2 x Michka seeds were pollinated around September 5 and were harvested off the plant on October 28, giving them a good 7 weeks, almost 8 weeks, to mature. I'll be getting started here in a month or so with germination, so we will soon find out about their viability! Cheers and thanks

The lemon Tree I grew made my heart pound and my thoughts race. It was uncomfortably strong. A few months later it was smooth with a long great high. A favorite! Crazy how time mellows the buzz. I have a little saved.

@stinker that looks like a nice Barney's strain, Lemon Tree. Also a Lemon Skunk hybrid, like SLH.

Yes, it is amazing what a good cure does, smoothing. On the other hand I've always enjoyed the super hyper neurological rush fresh cannabis can give right after harvest. That "roller-coaster ride" that makes me almost lose my balance while seated on the sofa! I just close my eyes and trust that I'm not really falling off a cliff...

Barney's G13 x Haze grown in California did that roller coaster thing right after harvest, tingling down the spine and up into the brain. I liked the lemon aroma and zesty flavour so much I grew it a second time.

The cliff edge / roller coaster effect does fade during cure, and tbh I don't know if I'd want to get the roller coaster every time I smoked. But I do look forward to that hyper-effect every year, sort of a limited-time, seasonal effect. Like Christmas cookies!

Back
Top Bottom