2020 ChronicTrees, Garden of Chronic, outdoor grow! Skunk/OG/Haze!

:popcorn:

Looking good, what part of the world are you in @ChronicTrees ? Generally speaking of course.

I'm in for the ride.

Never heard of those fertilizers :nomo:
Central USA! (Illinois). I bought a bunch of seeds from a friend of mine In Cali, which Is the owner of AlterEgo Genetics! He always had OG x Haze, and Skunk x Haze, so I ended up purchasing about 50 of each! The genetics are very good.
He’s been growing for over 20 years, so he has plenty of seeds for sure.
I’m most likely going to purchase from Blueberry genetics from him, maybe even some Cookie strains. Last time I grew a seed from him, I had a extremely huge mother plant, that yielded around a good half pound. It was a Chemdawg OG mother to be exact.
Eventually I’m going to purchase a Indoor growing tent, so I may do some grows Indoor, as I’m mostly a outdoor grower!
Plus I have some Terpinator, and some M.O.A.B on my mind for blooming nutrients.
Heavy 16 Is great. I bought a special pack for only $70.00, and It came with all those nutrients, (Besides the Foxfarm).
I’ll definitely have more grows to come, especially due to me wanting to be a sponsored grower. Lot’s of commentary, and lot’s of time will be put Into that, so anyone wanting to tune In to that Is definitely welcome! So that Is a goal. I need to do some SCROG for my girls as well, just waiting for them to mature. I’m trying for the original goal of 224Gs each plant.

They ended up burning a bit a few days ago, so I ended up watering them 2 days ago, and just fed/watered them right now.
They will bounce back, I’m assured of that. Just waiting on them to bounce back!
Here are the pictures of both my girls so far!

607BA06B-CBEA-454D-94CC-1DFCAFF84161.jpeg
262BF874-E843-4D8F-904E-DE649026A43D.jpeg

Give them about 1 week or so, they should be back to normal! I definitely want to avoid this In the future. Once they bounce back, watering, and feeding will come back to schedule.
I’m going to buy some Superthrive for my girls, they will enjoy a dose of that.
At their current stage, they have a strong odor from both plants. One Is a strong OG with Haze, as the strain suggests, the other Is a strong Skunk, with lot’s of Haze In It.
Imaging once they are mature, and blooming! They will definitely smell potent!

Hey brother ChronicTrees!
I'll tag along for the ride.
Looks like a good plan you've got going and your right those lil trees will bounce back over the next week.
Cant get Terpinator where I'm located....
Lets see them get to a pound man.... train those suckers haha

Hey brother ChronicTrees!
I'll tag along for the ride.
Looks like a good plan you've got going and your right those lil trees will bounce back over the next week.
Cant get Terpinator where I'm located....
Lets see them get to a pound man.... train those suckers haha
I definitely will train these girls to get a large harvest, definitely would love to see these girls to make them 1 pound each plant. You can always order some Terpinator online! They have a 24L for around $300.00 on EBay! I would go there for sure If that’s what you would prefer doing. I had plenty of seeds. Enough to last me a long time. As I said, I’ll be doing Indoor grows beginning soon, around the beginning of December, maybe even sooner.
I’ll be purchasing a few strains from Seedsupreme. Such as Sour Puss, and Bloody Skunk!

Anyone here have any takes on nutrients for heavy yields? Something like a bud denser would be great too.
Ph, ppm, beneficial microbes, npk ratios, cal-mag, b1 vitamin. As for npk ratios it seems there are different opinions or preferences, I'm currently aiming for 3-1-2 veg, 2-1-2 early flower, 1-1-2 mid flower, 0-1-2 late flower.
For beneficial microbes I recommend mycorrhizal. Also you might be able to get b1 for cheaper than super thrive, check the ingredients and compare. I go for liquid fertilizer myself ( i know paying for water somewhat.. ), and mycorrhizal comes as granules, and is mixed in some pre-mixed soils.

Ph, ppm, beneficial microbes, npk ratios, cal-mag, b1 vitamin. As for npk ratios it seems there are different opinions or preferences, I'm currently aiming for 3-1-2 veg, 2-1-2 early flower, 1-1-2 mid flower, 0-1-2 late flower.
For beneficial microbes I recommend mycorrhizal. Also you might be able to get b1 for cheaper than super thrive, check the ingredients and compare. I go for liquid fertilizer myself ( i know paying for water somewhat.. ), and mycorrhizal comes as granules, and is mixed in some pre-mixed soils.
Perfect! I’ll see about getting some Cal-Mag, and some B1 vitamins.
I was using ocean forest for awhile myself. Are you measuring the ppm when feeding?
I haven’t measured the ppm at the moment. I’m going to buy a measurer for the ppm when I go, and buy the nutrients I need.

Here's one recommended ppm list off the web.
  • Seedlings: 100-250 (nutrients aren't needed here, hence there's not a lot of particles needed)
  • First Half of Vegging Cycle: 300-400 (this is usually after you transplant, which still doesn't require many nutrients)
  • Second Half of Vegging: 450-700 (you'll start giving your plants more nutrients at this stage)
  • First Half of Flowering: 750-950 (your plants will be eating more as they grow, so they'll be taking in more nutrients)
  • Second Half of Flowering: 1000-1600 (this is when your plant's eating the most, especially if you give it additives)
  • End of Flower, Entering Harvest: As close to 0 as possible (this is when you'll be flushing your plants, so you don't want there to be a lot of particles leftover)
& recommended ph list
  • 3.5 and below: Root Damage
  • 4.0-4.5: Poor Nutrient Uptake
  • 5.0-5.4: Good pH Level
  • 5.4-5.8: Perfect pH Level ( 5.5-6.0 in soil )
  • 6.0-7.0: Acceptable pH Balance
  • 7.5-8.0: Poor Nutrient Uptake
  • 8.5 and Above: Root Damage
Ocean Forest Soil has nutrients in it already to feed plants for about 2-4 weeks, so you'll want to take that into account when feeding. ( just in case you didn't know )

note: When I mix my nutrients @ full strength my ppm is around 1000 which would definitely be to much for a seedling. I'd recommend mixing nutrients in diluted ratios for earlier stages if any nutrients at all, especially in ocean forest. Possibly a diluted amount of cal-mag, and b1 to get the veg off to a start however.

& then there is watering. Too much water can suffocate the roots. I water in rings around plants until I feel rooting or plant is developed enough for a full drench.

note: there is a wick effect or osmosis happening after watered, which pulls water to drier areas. ( through the growing medium, plant, and air)

& to tell when to water I'll feel about an inch down in the soil or less depending on the pot size, and lifting to check the pots weight can help.

Might be worth getting some perlite to mix in with ocean forest if your set on that soil to increase the soil drainage.

I posted the nutrients I'm using in my Lemon Sour Diesel journal. It's pretty easy working out npk ratios with what I'm using. Might give you some ideas if/when you look.

Here's one recommended ppm list off the web.
  • Seedlings: 100-250 (nutrients aren't needed here, hence there's not a lot of particles needed)
  • First Half of Vegging Cycle: 300-400 (this is usually after you transplant, which still doesn't require many nutrients)
  • Second Half of Vegging: 450-700 (you'll start giving your plants more nutrients at this stage)
  • First Half of Flowering: 750-950 (your plants will be eating more as they grow, so they'll be taking in more nutrients)
  • Second Half of Flowering: 1000-1600 (this is when your plant's eating the most, especially if you give it additives)
  • End of Flower, Entering Harvest: As close to 0 as possible (this is when you'll be flushing your plants, so you don't want there to be a lot of particles leftover)
& recommended ph list
  • 3.5 and below: Root Damage
  • 4.0-4.5: Poor Nutrient Uptake
  • 5.0-5.4: Good pH Level
  • 5.4-5.8: Perfect pH Level ( 5.5-6.0 in soil )
  • 6.0-7.0: Acceptable pH Balance
  • 7.5-8.0: Poor Nutrient Uptake
  • 8.5 and Above: Root Damage
Ocean Forest Soil has nutrients in it already to feed plants for about 2-4 weeks, so you'll want to take that into account when feeding. ( just in case you didn't know )

note: When I mix my nutrients @ full strength my ppm is around 1000 which would definitely be to much for a seedling. I'd recommend mixing nutrients in diluted ratios for earlier stages if any nutrients at all, especially in ocean forest. Possibly a diluted amount of cal-mag, and b1 to get the veg off to a start however.

& then there is watering. Too much water can suffocate the roots. I water in rings around plants until I feel rooting or plant is developed enough for a full drench.

note: there is a wick effect or osmosis happening after watered, which pulls water to drier areas. ( through the growing medium, plant, and air)

& to tell when to water I'll feel about an inch down in the soil or less depending on the pot size, and lifting to check the pots weight can help.

Might be worth getting some perlite to mix in with ocean forest if your set on that soil to increase the soil drainage.

I posted the nutrients I'm using in my Lemon Sour Diesel journal. It's pretty easy working out npk ratios with what I'm using. Might give you some ideas if/when you look.
Ok, perfect. I read It all, and It gave me a pretty good idea, on how much to feed my plants, and for when I get ppm measurer.
I definitely will come back to this again, and go over It just to make sure. Great long paragraphs of Information. Thank you!
Definitely will check out a few other types of plant nutrients a well, so I can see exactly what Is needed, and how much I need! Thank you LLs!

Back
Top Bottom