Always Growing In My Garden

The XS-2000 is enough to do a 4x4 scrog net
Time for an update; but first the XS-2000 does not have the coverage for a 4x4 net in flower.

So pretty much the same as the last update the Golden Tiger seems to be in a accelerated vegetative state when she is under 21h 36 m of light energy. This little experiment with light manipulation on the Golden Tiger is almost over. The main experiment will be on the Green Crack in the 2x4 tent.

Currently, I am very impressed with the responds I am getting and will be doing more or this in the near future. The plant respond well, but it must be in optimal growing condition. This plant is currently in week 6 of flower with at less 8 more weeks. After a week or two of 12/12 I may change it to 12/14 to catch up on the night time development. So, I am playing on both sides ie: increase light exposure to 21h 36m of light and 12 hours of darkness; to a longer lights off schedule.

Here are some current images from the last couple weeks.

I must say after the light schedule is figured out, this grow schedule is a breezes to grow.

Stay safe, and grow well my friends,

Tok..

Thanks for stopping by @Verbalist

Dealing with the scrog is the fun part, she will be concentrating on upward growth now.

The @ViparSpectra is only rated for a 2x4 tent in flower. I want to see if I can push it to the plants maximum ability. I think if I did it for another week or two it would fill the 4x4 net.

I am still collecting data on this experiment, but things are looking very hopeful. I am some what amazing by the accelerated growth this causes. I will definitely be doing this again and I recommend you try it is you can.

The hardness part is figuring out how to automate the 21h.and 36m on and 12 hours off schedule. I am currently doing it manually, but I am work on figuring a way to automate it. I will share once I figure it out.

She's looking great Tok. That picture sequence really does show how you continue to stretch the limbs under the scrog. Do you have somewhere I can read about the light schedule you are using?
Happy Growing.

Thanks for stopping by @LKABudMan I hope life has been treating you well.

What you are looking at is an experiment with light during flowering.
Great question; I forgot to add it to my signature. It's there now.

The name is Green Crack Under Light Manipulation. It has the light schedule and there are a few threads to help you understand what I am doing. Not necessarily something new, but very interesting as far as plant development during flower.

Once, I do this a couple times I will write a paper on how to do it, what's it doing to the plant, the pit falls, and other pertinent information.

I do like to play in DWC. :rofl:

Time for an update, and images of development.

So, as I may of mentioned before that I put the Golden Tiger back on 12/12 for the rest of the grow which is around 8 weeks. I will only grow these long flowering plant in the winter when it is easier to control temps. This one should be done around the end of April or beginning of May, she'll let me know.

Did a solution change and flush this week and she responded very well to it. She has a good color and not showing a need for more or less care. She driving, I am just here to enjoy the ride.

Not much going on right now, so short update.
Thanks for taking a look.

The Golden Tiger is filling the net up nicely and the buds are starting to develop. Her vegetation exploded with growth once flipping back to 12/12. The @ViparSpectra XS-2000 has formed a 36 inch scrog circle so far. Still have about 8 to 10 weeks of flower to go. She going to be producing some big cola's. We will see, I go by plant development in the end.

Here some current images.

More to come later in the week.

Tok..

Beautiful plant... that trunk though!:goodjob:

The Golden Tiger is filling the net up nicely and the buds are starting to develop. Her vegetation exploded with growth once flipping back to 12/12. The @ViparSpectra XS-2000 has formed a 36 inch scrog circle so far. Still have about 8 to 10 weeks of flower to go. She going to be producing some big cola's. We will see, I go by plant development in the end.

Here some current images.

More to come later in the week.

Tok..
When I grow this one, I think I will only grow two and not top or FIM them otherwise my poor 4x4 screen will just be a wall of green with not enough air flow or light penetration. o_O

Thanks for stopping by @LKABudMan , @gwhunran and @Nine Toed Hippie

@LKABudMan I love growing big stem stocks, bigger plants.

@gwhunran , I normally top mine once, after I get the height I want, otherwise it can be tough working under the net.
Word of warning about Golden Tiger - the more you trim her the more new growth will start. What I mean is she likes to be trimmed and responds back very well, without missing a step. I find her to be a easy grow myself, she just has a long flowering time. For me, this is a winter grow strain, because of the flowering time. (indoors)

@Nine Toed Hippie Thanks that's funny. :rofl:
I don't think it will get much bigger, because of the bucket size for the roots. When this happens it is time to turn up the air pump again, and force more air in there.

Tok..

@gwhunran , I normally top mine once, after I get the height I want, otherwise it can be tough working under the net.
Word of warning about Golden Tiger - the more you trim her the more new growth will start. What I mean is she likes to be trimmed and responds back very well, without missing a step. I find her to be a easy grow myself, she just has a long flowering time. For me, this is a winter grow strain, because of the flowering time. (indoors)
I will be growing in a 3x3 tray, with four available spots. I will probably grow Panama the 2nd grow this season, but will try Golden Tiger next year. I already have the seeds now. After seeing the size of yours, If I get anything approaching this, four would be too many!!!. This applies to the 3 ACE strains I have to run. (Golden Tiger, Panama, and Panama Bangi Haze) I think I will try two, my screen is 4x4. I am thinking topping once and running the resulting two main branches in opposite directions on the screen and doing the same with the 2nd plant, forming and "H" on the screen, minus the center, and tying down the smaller side branches too, until the screen is full. I'll have about 3 feet vertical to work with, keeping a 12" free space above the light for safety.

Thanks for stopping by @gwhunran

I normally can only grow one plant in my 4x4 at a time, mainly because the way I grow; I like to use the whole net. I don't have a light that will cover a 4x4 scrog net, so I learn to adapt and overcome. Where I find ways to get the most out of the lights I have.
On all of my earlier grows I was using a old (about 4 or 5 years ) @Mars Hydro TSW-2000 without a dimmer, and manage to fill about 90 to 95% of the net.
Currently saving up to possibly get a new light next year.

You will have to let me know when you start your journal, so I can follow along.

Thanks for stopping by @gwhunran

I normally can only grow one plant in my 4x4 at a time, mainly because the way I grow; I like to use the whole net. I don't have a light that will cover a 4x4 scrog net, so I learn to adapt and overcome. Where I find ways to get the most out of the lights I have.
On all of my earlier grows I was using a old (about 4 or 5 years ) @Mars Hydro TSW-2000 without a dimmer, and manage to fill about 90 to 95% of the net.
Currently saving up to possibly get a new light next year.

You will have to let me know when you start your journal, so I can follow along.
Just started the 1st one yesterday. I didn't want to jump the gun, so I waited until my cuttings rooted. I should be in the flood and drain in 2-3 weeks. I will be taking cuttings on my Vanilla Kush within a couple weeks so I should be in the other flood and drain within a month. Both rooms are mirror images of each other. One side doesn't have a carbon filter. When both rooms are on the same light schedule, I can leave the closure open between them and use the carbon filter for both sides if needed or use one AC instead of both.

Don't know if the GT is through stretching yet, but when you get an idea, I would like a time frame of when the stretching started after flipping, how long the big stretching lasted. Just to give me a ballpark idea. Ace mentions starting flip soon after seed starts or cuttings root. This will be new territory for me. :)

Time for an update on the Golden Tiger

She has been moving along with no problems and filling the net nicely. Overall the @ViparSpectra XS-2000 has done an exceptional job of light distribution. She is just shy of week 9 of flower of 14. That does not included any additional time that may be added on from my light manipulation test. 4/20 was the finishing date before I started playing.

She has been fed basic schedule of @Blue Planet Nutrients this whole grow and her current ppm's are around 1200. To me this seems high but it works with Blue Planet Nutrient line. They have the range of 1050 - 1300, but I try to side with the 1050 range.

Here is some current images.

Tok..

Back
Top Bottom