SmokeyMcFly's HighBrix, Grand Daddy Purple, Ace Bubba Kush & Cotton Candy Grow

The one GDP that is almost done flowering didn't turn purple at all. It was the runt and not one that I wanted to keep around so hopefully that will be the one green pheno out of the bunch. The other two just got flipped a week or two ago so its a bit to early to tell. I am planning on chopping GDP1 tonight or tomorrow before we leave for da Jamaica. I would like to give it just a bit more time but im worried that the trip will be to long since it is already in the chop window, all the trics are nice a swollen and cloudy when I looked last night.

The cotton candy I HATED when it was first dried. It tasted horrible at first. Once it had a couple weeks of cure everything changed and the sweet flavor is now coming through very strong and it tastes quite nice. At first the sweet was mixing with the fresh bud flavor and it tasted like hell... It's not a plant that I would keep and grow over and over but I am not disappointed with it at all it turned out quite nice esp for a free seed :passitleft:
Have a good trip man. It would be nice to see warm weather and beaches and not cold and snow.

Ya that is too early in flower to see the purple haha. I agree with you on the hopes of the runt being the only green pheno. That would be pretty good luck.

I enjoyed the cotton candy but don't recall trying it before it had at least some cure. I would have kept doing for smell and yield alone if I hadn't had issues with bananas. Most other grows I have seen of it ended up with Hermies, if I remember correctly yours is the only one I have seen that didn't have that issue.

Thanks!

Yeah mine didn't hermie at all and grew nice big colas :thumb: I chopped the GDP a bit ago and gave the two new ones a rescue drench and some destress with WA. I forgot that I had ran out of Worm Castings when I recycled the soil last time so there all not looking as good as they should hopefully this will help them in time. I have a new batch of soil with WC this time that will be ready by the time I get back :morenutes:

Hey all

Vacation was amazing, we had so much fun!!!! It was awesome getting to meet everyone :circle-of-love: Thanks again to everyone that helped get us some goodies there the HB Paki, Tangerine and Green Crack were all beyond fantastic :passitleft: The island bud and hash was a lot of fun to smoke too the flavor and buds took me straight back to high school 20+ years ago :rofl:

The plants survived the trip ok. I did a quick swick on both tents the day before we left and it worked out great. The flowering plants really really liked the rescue drench they got right before I left and I CD'd all three two nights ago when I took these pics, first time on all plants.

Some pics

DSC_0873_814DSC_0873_sm.JPG
DSC_0879_817DSC_0879_sm.JPG
DSC_0875_815DSC_0875_sm.JPG
DSC_0877_816DSC_0877_sm.JPG
DSC_0869_813DSC_0869_sm.JPG
DSC_0869_818DSC_0869_sm.JPG

First GDP to be harvested, was drying while I was away. Not cured yet but already has a strong GDP flavor and very nice calming couch buzz to it.
DSC_0864_812DSC_0864_sm.JPG
DSC_0846_811DSC_0846_sm.JPG

I have some pics of the trip but I have to get them off my phone still.

Have a good one all

Hey all

Vacation was amazing, we had so much fun!!!! It was awesome getting to meet everyone :circle-of-love: Thanks again to everyone that helped get us some goodies there the HB Paki, Tangerine and Green Crack were all beyond fantastic :passitleft: The island bud and hash was a lot of fun to smoke too the flavor and buds took me straight back to high school 20+ years ago :rofl:

The plants survived the trip ok. I did a quick swick on both tents the day before we left and it worked out great. The flowering plants really really liked the rescue drench they got right before I left and I CD'd all three two nights ago when I took these pics, first time on all plants.

Some pics

DSC_0873_814DSC_0873_sm.JPG
DSC_0879_817DSC_0879_sm.JPG
DSC_0875_815DSC_0875_sm.JPG
DSC_0877_816DSC_0877_sm.JPG
DSC_0869_813DSC_0869_sm.JPG
DSC_0869_818DSC_0869_sm.JPG

First GDP to be harvested, was drying while I was away. Not cured yet but already has a strong GDP flavor and very nice calming couch buzz to it.
DSC_0864_812DSC_0864_sm.JPG
DSC_0846_811DSC_0846_sm.JPG

I have some pics of the trip but I have to get them off my phone still.

Have a good one all

Looking good, as usual.

Thanks all

I gotta say the first GDP is nice smoke and all but its shit for nerve pain like most strains I have tried. Hopefully one of the other two will be better or none of these will be getting a perm home.

Bubba, gonna chop this one friday night most likely. Might be a touch early but I gotta go away for a week so this way it will be nice and dried when I get home.
DSC_0916_815DSC_0916_sm.JPG
DSC_0911_814DSC_0911_sm.JPG

GDPs
DSC_0901_811DSC_0901_sm.JPG
DSC_0899_810DSC_0899_sm.JPG

I took some cuttings tonight of the two remaining GDPs, Bubba and the Snow Moon. Im going to be flipping the Snow moon this week, I really like the structure of this plant. The bottom branches all grew in really nice without me ever needing to top it although I did tonight when I took the cuts along with its bottom most row of branches. Im pretty excited to flower this one :thumb::thanks:

Have good night all :passitleft:

Hey bud, the girls great! Sucks about the nerve pain, I'm in the same boat. I'll be doing some research for best strains for that, from your experience what's been the strain that worked best for you? I'm also going be cutting out the pain pills, any suggestions for going down that dreaded road?

Keep em green and sticky :peace:

It's very hard to find strains that actually help with it most at best just don't make it worse. The Ace Bubba Kush x Hashplant is the only one I have found in years that helps it and it has a very strong numbing effect. It has a strong kush and diesel smell to it so other than the bubba I am going to be looking at other kush and diesel strains. The terps have a much bigger impact on how a strain is going to effect you from my experience than the thc or cbd levels do. The terps that are fun and exaggerate feelings are the worst since they are also exaggerating the nerve pain...

Ugg getting of pain pills is never easy. Depending on how much you're on and how long its been you will need to slow down your dosage over a couple weeks or longer. Once you stop completely in a day or two your joints will start to ache really bad I take a pill at that point again to get over that part. After that the hardest part is night time, if you were taking a lot you will get hot and cold sweets and I get tickle foot really bad where it feels like someone is tickling the inside of my feet and I cant hold still for more a minute before it builds up and I have to move around so sleep is just about out of the question for a few days to a week all depending on how much you took and how long you gave your body to adjust to lower levels before stopping. Its normal to get depressed too since your brain has been getting feed the feel good chems it hasn't been creating its own and it will take some time before it gets ramped back up. Make sure you have a lot of pot to smoke, you won't feel high but it will help calm you down and keep your stomach from flipping so much. I have read a lot of people drink some to try and help sleeping but drinking makes my neck hurt like crazy so it just makes it all worse for me when I try that.

GL it's not easy but it's deff worth it. Living on a lot of pain pills is like zombie mode and they stop working till you take more all the time anyway. I still take some but I try to limit it to only a couple a week instead many per day everyday like I used to be on and they actually work now that i'm not on them all the time. The only bad thing is once they wear off stuff flairs up again so I try and only take them when I just can't take it without one now.

I just remembered the last time I stopped I took tramadol for a while after stopping the real pills. It helped quite a bit with the withdrawal and its not hard to stop taking tramadol at all :thumb:

Girls are looking nice Smokey! That sucks about the nerve pain and the need for painkillers. It's too bad you are yet to find a strain that can do more than take the edge off.

Those GDPs are looking decent other than not showing you any purple yet. Hopefully in the coming weeks that will change. Interested in that snow moon. You've got to love a plant that has great structure without having to manipulate it.

Hey Smokey, that snow moon is a breeze to grow, you're going to really like that plant. Hows the ac/dc x querkle doing? FYI neither stretch but continue to grow. AC/DC needs a good pruning of the lower stuff or you'll have a ton of little buds.
In about ready to transplant the bubba and gdp. They are doing very good. They branched out nice without any training. Hows the stretch on these? I think I remember you saying the bubba stretched a bit.

Sent from my SM-N910P using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Hey all had some unexpected travel last week just getting caught up now. GDP2 is super frosty and growing crazy foxtails all over, she might be quite unique and GDP3 looks as you would expect a normal indica dom GDP to look. Both are starting to turn purple finally. Snow moon has all her little flowers started and hasn't stretched at all so far just like you said. I'm going to cat drench her as soon as I finish this :passitleft:

I'll try and get some pics up by this weekend, I like to take them during the day when the lights are out and I have to go to work the next couple days but I might be able to get them tomorrow morning before going in.

Which GDP did you get neiko?

I don't know which one I got. It just said GDP I think. You said you were sending the one you thought was best. I guess if you know which one that was when you started flowering them that's the one I have.
How much does the bubba stretch? I got them both in 3 gallon pots vegging. They will go into flower in about 2-3 weeks.

I don't know which one I got. It just said GDP I think. You said you were sending the one you thought was best. I guess if you know which one that was when you started flowering them that's the one I have.
How much does the bubba stretch? I got them both in 3 gallon pots vegging. They will go into flower in about 2-3 weeks.

It had a number written on it if you still have the label, if not I think it was the 2 but you know lotsa :passitleft:

Yes bubba stretches mine usually stretches at least 2 times original size. Maybe the earlier CD will keep it under control some but I imagine if you veg it out in a 3 gal it's going to want to be a pretty big plant. It likes to grow lots of buds all the way up the stems at least when it's topped. I have never grown a bubba without topping it. The GDPs were trained very different that im flowering now, #2 was topped once or twice and super cropped a couple of places and #3 was left alone. They were both flipped only a couple weeks after cloning. GDP3 would of turned out really well if I would of been home for its full grow and kept her fed, she had a thick waxy look early. Was easily the brixiest looking plant i have grown before the trip when she started getting neglected. Im going to start another one of the 3 maybe this weekend and do better this time :)

Here is a pic of the last bubba bud structure. This was the lowest brix plant i have grown yet i think, the fan leaves wouldn't even snap off :/

DSC_0503_787DSC_0503_sm.JPG

Hey Smokey, top of the mornin to ya bud,...hope you and MB are well these days. Your plants are lookin very 'Brixy' and tasty. Have an awesome day my good brotha....:)

Hey Duggs, thanks! Im finally getting things turned around on the up coming plants. Low soil energy from using it to much and not putting enough WC back in along with vacation and then a week and a half away with just waterings from the wife to keep them going has taken its toll on these current ones and the bubba I harvested last week. It was the first plant I have harvested that you could actually tell the brix was low just by how floppy the fan leaves were, couldn't even snap them off this time, they usually pop right off. The bud still turned out pretty good though plus I didn't have any while I was away so its been a fun few days :passitleft:

Some pics from two days ago I think it was.

GDP2
DSC_0917_810DSC_0917_sm.JPG
DSC_0918_811DSC_0918_sm.JPG
DSC_0920_812DSC_0920_sm.JPG

GDP3
DSC_0923_813DSC_0923_sm.JPG
DSC_0926_814DSC_0926_sm.JPG

Snow Moon, this was vegged and up planted in new soil and is much healthier than the last round was :thumb: I gave her the first CD the same day I took these.
DSC_0931_815DSC_0931_sm.JPG
DSC_0932_816DSC_0932_sm.JPG

Well Smokey, I found the lids to the shippers but not the soil cups that had the labels on them. I can't imagine I pitched them....I just put them in too safe a place...:lot-o-toke:

They are both looking very healthy and will go into flower within the next 2-3 weeks. How's the AC/DC x Querkle doing?

Well Smokey, I found the lids to the shippers but not the soil cups that had the labels on them. I can't imagine I pitched them....I just put them in too safe a place...:lot-o-toke:

They are both looking very healthy and will go into flower within the next 2-3 weeks. How's the AC/DC x Querkle doing?

So I totally screwed the numbers on the GDPs above :rofl: :passitleft: The single cola more purple plant is GDP2 the one I think you got and the stretchy foxtail one is GDP3. The AC/DC is in my veg tent waiting for a turn, I just flipped another GDP2 tonight and will probably rotate the AC/DC in when the current GDP2 is done in another week or so. I have no idea when I flipped them I got lazy in my calendar logging stuff for a while... GDP3 seems to be a more sativa dom plant and is going to need at least a couple more weeks than 2, I need to look up the different phenos and what the parents were maybe that will give an idea of what's going on with 3.

Back
Top Bottom