DocBud's Next Medical Grow

Yup.

It's gonna be an abbreviated journal. Pics every now and then....but please, let's make it a good thread for discussion!

Strains:

1.)Pure Power Plant....gettin clones from a guy who knows how to grow
2.)Jack Herer......my last run was such a hit I've got to grow it again
3.)Querkle....popping seeds as we speak.
4.)Not sure.....maybe blackberry again. People freaked out on it, everyone wanted it, but alas, we ran out after 2 weeks.

Medium: Organic soil./OC+

here's my soil recipe:

2 parts FFOF/1 part FF Light Warrior. This is the base soil. I use it as it in the top of the pots, with the appropriate OC+ dose.

To the base soil, I add:

1.)Epsoma Tomato tone
2.)Worm castings
3.)Bu's blend biodynamic compost
4.)My micronute package
5.)a Humic acid powder
6.)a iron, magnesium, sulfur, zinc supplement that acidifies the soil a bit
7.)Dolomite lime

This will go into the bottom of the pots.

I will use my "monsoon" watering technique, like the last grow. It basically amounts to flushing every other time I water.

I'll supplement with the following:

1.)compost tea
2.)guano tea--once or twice
3.)molasses---frequently
4.)snowstorm---during the latter half of bloom
5.)a kelp extract

and something new! I'm going to mix 5 parts RO to 1 part seawater (ocean water, from our lovely ocean. We'll get it a couple miles offshore where it's blue.) I'll water with that during stretch and a few times during the flowering phase. It has every micronute you need!

I'm also going to increase nightime temps during stretch to try to keep the plants under 5 feet tall. It got out of hand last grow, and while the yield was great and the quality was great....staking and tieing everything was a royal PITA!!

So, that's my new grow.

Doc rides again!

Doc with pleasure I nominated you for Member of the Month, hope all the people you've been helping mosey on over there and vote for you.

Is your micronute package the same as described earlier? I know you're a busy guy but I'm not, if it's the same I'll find it and paste it here.

Also I'd like more info on how you 'cook' your soil.

Now that you've helped restore my confidence that I can grow some plants, I'm ready to think about trying another small soil grow.

:peace:

Hmmmmm.....I would think sea water would be to salty?

Straight sea water might be a problem....but I'm diluting it 5 to 1. It will be less "salty" than most people's tap water.

Doc rides again!

Doc with pleasure I nominated you for Member of the Month, hope all the people you've been helping mosey on over there and vote for you.

Is your micronute package the same as described earlier? I know you're a busy guy but I'm not, if it's the same I'll find it and paste it here.

Also I'd like more info on how you 'cook' your soil.

Now that you've helped restore my confidence that I can grow some plants, I'm ready to think about trying another small soil grow.

:peace:

Thanks bro! I'm not much into MOM, NOM, POM stuff....we'll see what happens. I appreciate your kind words and all, but the contest means nothing to me. I know I've helped people, and that's good enough for me.

The micronute package is the same I've been using.....from Mittleider.

Cooking the soil is pretty easy. Wet it down and put it into a 40 gallon garbage can. It's full of critters and complex organics that the critters dine on and make available for plants.

And, finally, last time I checked your grow it was rockin! What do you mean "restore confidence?" You're doing a great job.

Even when mixed 5 to 1 with RO?

Sounds interesting Doc! Im in.

You've got it right....mixing it 5:1 with RO will give you a pH 7 solution with wonderful amounts of micro's, potassium and such.

Some of the research shows that while it reduces overall yield, it improves the quality of tomatos....provided the calcium levels are maintained. It's loaded with magnesium. So, I've got lots of calcium in this mix.

Also, 20% seawater reduces nitrogen levels a bit, so you don't want to do it in veg or early flower....but only in mid-late bloom, especially if there are any deficiencies showing up.

Doc this grow is going great for me. You restored my confidence after my first messed up grow.

I know you don't do any of what you do to win any prizes. But it's a nice way for the rest of us to say thanks.

I've been trying to follow your grow recipes, but I think I'll have trouble getting any seawater taken from miles offshore delivered here to the midwest. Closest I could come would be Ohio River water taken 1/2 mile from the nearest sewage discharge... don't think it would work as well although who knows... that will go untested :)

Doc this grow is going great for me. You restored my confidence after my first messed up grow.

I know you don't do any of what you do to win any prizes. But it's a nice way for the rest of us to say thanks.

I've been trying to follow your grow recipes, but I think I'll have trouble getting any seawater taken from miles offshore delivered here to the midwest. Closest I could come would be Ohio River water taken 1/2 mile from the nearest sewage discharge... don't think it would work as well although who knows... that will go untested :)

There are a couple of "sea mineral" type supplements out there that are pretty much the same thing, from the same place.

And....I'm really glad I was able to help you. With OC+ you're pretty much guaranteed to get a really nice harvest....I'll be using it on my grow.

I'm definitely onboard!

Thank you for taking the time to post the details of your soil mix and prep. What type of 3-gallon pots are you using for your soil grows? Standard planter's pots or something else?

Glad I got in on this one early, because your threads are always full of good stuff.

BTW, I just happened to run into some Blackberry, one of the strains you grew on your last grow.

I smoked some about an hour ago, so I thought I would post my impressions.

It has tremendous bag appeal. The bud is a dark bluish-purple color, and strain name is very fitting. I'm only looking at a couple of nugs, so I'd imagine the visual appeal of an oz must really be something.

The aroma and flavor are full-bodied and unique among the strains I've smoked. I smell and taste hints of anise, currants, and blueberries/blackberries. It's completely delicious, and I understand the popularity.

It is a strong and full-bodied smoke, so taking a huge rip might produce some coughing, but not due to harshness, just plenty of character. This is the kind of bud I like to savor and smoke in one-hitter so that every hit is a green hit, because it tastes that good.

The high was a very gradual creeper over about 10-15 minutes, which I also haven't experienced in quite a while. I've been smoking strains that hit hard and fast, so I wasn't very impressed at first, but the high crept up and bloomed into a strong and very relaxing and pleasurable body and head buzz. It seems to work well for my back pain.

This would probably be good meds for bedtime, except you might want to stay up and enjoy the buzz ;).

I'm definitely onboard!

Thank you for taking the time to post the details of your soil mix and prep. What type of 3-gallon pots are you using for your soil grows? Standard planter's pots or something else?

Glad I got in on this one early, because your threads are always full of good stuff.

BTW, I just happened to run into some Blackberry, one of the strains you grew on your last grow.

I smoked some about an hour ago, so I thought I would post my impressions.

It has tremendous bag appeal. The bud is a dark bluish-purple color, and strain name is very fitting. I'm only looking at a couple of nugs, so I'd imagine the visual appeal of an oz must really be something.

The aroma and flavor are full-bodied and unique among the strains I've smoked. I smell and taste hints of anise, currants, and blueberries/blackberries. It's completely delicious, and I understand the popularity.

It is a strong and full-bodied smoke, so taking a huge rip might produce some coughing, but not due to harshness, just plenty of character. This is the kind of bud I like to savor and smoke in one-hitter so that every hit is a green hit, because it tastes that good.

The high was a very gradual creeper over about 10-15 minutes, which I also haven't experienced in quite a while. I've been smoking strains that hit hard and fast, so I wasn't very impressed at first, but the high crept up and bloomed into a strong and very relaxing and pleasurable body and head buzz. It seems to work well for my back pain.

This would probably be good meds for bedtime, except you might want to stay up and enjoy the buzz ;).

That's really interesting! That's exactly how I would describe my Blackberry. It creeps up on you, and in 20 minutes you understand how high you are!

And yes, that purple, green sparkly ounce is quite a sight to behold!

Next thing you know, you'll be smoking Jack Herer and OG grown in OC+.....what are the chances?

To make things even more bizarre, I'm growing PPP this time around. Small world, eh? :hookah:

I mixed it for 3 gallons, so you can adjust accordingly.

2 FFOF/1 FFLW......3 gallons worth.

1 cup worm castings
1 cup Epsoma Tomato tone
1 Cup Malibu Compost Bu's Blend
1/2 cup bone meal
1/2 cup greensand
1 Tbsp FE,Mg,S,Zi supplement
1tbsp micronutrients
1 tbsp humic acid stuff
1 tbsp dolomite lime

do you think using biotone and tomato tone for transplants would be over doing it ?

maybe mix biotone in the hole area and tomato tone through out the dirt ?

That's really interesting! That's exactly how I would describe my Blackberry. It creeps up on you, and in 20 minutes you understand how high you are!

Yep, I think it did take a full 20 minutes before I realized how high I was ;).

And yes, that purple, green sparkly ounce is quite a sight to behold!

I bet it is. This Blackberry is just singularly beautiful. I think I may take a few macro pics of the nug I have left before I smoke it up ;).

Next thing you know, you'll be smoking Jack Herer and OG grown in OC+.....what are the chances?

you know, life is often stranger than fiction ;)

To make things even more bizarre, I'm growing PPP this time around. Small world, eh? :hookah:

see what I mean? ;)

im just gettin into all the technicalities of this stuff and trying to understand nutrients mostly but i think maybe i might be under-estimating how important the soil can be. As of right now i just have some stuff a buddy brought me from his work where they clone trees and such. He mentioned something about pro mix 360 or 510, anyways looked it up and couldn't find any specs on it. Ive heard alot of good things about just using the fox farm soil i can buy at my local hydro store, is it crucial to be messing around more than buying something that has a higher nitrogen level than the p and k?

Back
Top Bottom