DocBud's Hempy Grow

Had some of my home grown Blue Dream.....niiiiiiice! Then went out for sushi...the wasabi finally kicked in and I could breathe a bit.....felt good.

I just went out and checked the tricomes.....I'm further along than I thought. Lots of amber on Blue dreams and Flo. Flo's coming down tomorrow, I may flush BD a bit more.

White widow is also just about ready. I'm gonna be busy, in a good way.

In the words of Frank Lucas "My man!" So what's up doc? FLO comin down in 1 piece (same day) or top first, bottom later?

LOL,,,,you just wanna see multiple harvests. Not this time bro! She's coming down in one piece and she's ready, on day 56. That's par for that strain.

Blue Dream is ready too. Lot's of amber now, White Widow is looking good, but I have another week on Jack.

I want to have this bud curing and smokeable by Mid December. Then, I'm gonna clean up and get ready for the next grow.

However u do it I'll be excited. This has been a nice grow. I may try the hempy method in the future. Would U say its cost affective compared to other hydro methods u've seen? In the 1st post I noticed U said u had a jack herer clone, but in the pick the party cup reads "Jack the Ripper". Which one is it?

However u do it I'll be excited. This has been a nice grow. I may try the hempy method in the future. Would U say its cost affective compared to other hydro methods u've seen? In the 1st post I noticed U said u had a jack herer clone, but in the pick the party cup reads "Jack the Ripper". Which one is it?

It's a Jack Herer. The cups were mixed up, as the guy was making all kinds of clones, but he made a point of telling me it was a Jack H.

The Hempy method is very cost effective. I got the pots for free at Trader Joes. They have all kinds of black plastic pots for flowers, 10 ltrs each. I've got about 20.

Perlite and Vermiculite is pretty cheap.....no pumps, airstones, lines, etc. Hand watering is a little labor intensive, but I think it's easier than a reservoir change, depending on your set up. It seems like a happy medium between soil and hydro. I'll let you know how clean up is, but at this point I'm thinking just dump the perlite and rootball into a garbage bag. It's light.

I'll let you know how clean up is, but at this point I'm thinking just dump the perlite and rootball into a garbage bag. It's light.
I concur. simple. Well I'll shut up now so ur journal doesn't turn into a novel. Thanks for the info. I've never spent this much time in a journal (other than my own) until today (urs and LabRat's). Thanks for the conversation and hospitality. and let me know if u decide to make a move on the alliance idea. :peace: bro

Day 57 flower:

Well, Flo came down late last night. My first harvest, ever. Damn sticky. I smoked some little fluffy buds from low on the plant......awesome, upbeat...I did pushups after all the buds were manicured. I'm still wide awake....feels great! I talked this plant down a lot during the grow....and I'll have to get a second opinion about this.....but this is the best stuff I've ever smoked as far as effect. The taste wasn't quite half bad for fresh trimmed. I put a BB sized bit of scissor hash in the bowl.
IMG_02327.JPG

IMG_02337.JPG

IMG_02355.JPG

IMG_02365.JPG

Strange pic....I'm holding up the choice top nug...with the rest of the main cola on the scale in the background
IMG_02373.JPG

IMG_02386.JPG

Total weight of manicured buds, wet, minus about another 20 grams of popcorn.
IMG_02405.JPG

IMG_02448.JPG

Don't U Wish U Multi Harvested Now?

Day 57 flower:

Well, Flo came down late last night. My first harvest, ever. Damn sticky. I smoked some little fluffy buds from low on the plant......awesome, upbeat...I did pushups after all the buds were manicured. I'm still wide awake....feels great!
LMAO @ pushups AFTER the manicure. U got resin fingerprints all on the floor I bet.
I talked this plant down a lot during the grow....and I'll have to get a second opinion about this.....but this is the best stuff I've ever smoked as far as effect.

Dunno why. Don't U wish U multi harvested now?

I'm interested to see how she cures and smokes. Keep us posted Doc and congrats on ur 1st harvest.

Re: Don't U Wish U Multi Harvested Now?

LMAO @ pushups AFTER the manicure. U got resin fingerprints all on the floor I bet.
Don't U wish U multi harvested now?

I'm interested to see how she cures and smokes. Keep us posted Doc and congrats on ur 1st harvest.

:thanks::ganjamon: I'm gonna have to grow Flo again just for you, BWC. I'll make sure I do a multiharvest. LOL.

This was a practice grow. The purpose was to learn how to cultivate and harvest cannabis. Multi-harvesting is a bit too ambitious for me right now, although I would like to try it in the future.

These buds were very sticky and gooey. I have no idea what to expect for a final weight.

also, I saved and froze all the shake. I'm gonna make some hash at some point.

Great lookin harvest bud. Can't wait to here the smoke report. We still have a mix of bud left, some White Rhino, White Widow, Jack Herrer, and Violator Kush. The Wghite Rhino is smooth, but love the Jack Herrer, excellant meds! Congrats bro, very nice journal and harvest so far.

congrates on the harvest! flo looks alot less strange now thats she's all chopped up, great lookin buds:goodjob:
Now that she's all chopped up, I love her! :thanks:

Great lookin harvest bud. Can't wait to here the smoke report. We still have a mix of bud left, some White Rhino, White Widow, Jack Herrer, and Violator Kush. The Wghite Rhino is smooth, but love the Jack Herrer, excellant meds! Congrats bro, very nice journal and harvest so far.
:thanks:

We've got a lot of the same strains, I'm growing some violator and Blue Cheese next time.

Re: 1st Harvest

you know I am and you know I wiould, lol. :slide:

congrats on harvesting your first plant bro!

sounds like you enjoyed it!

Yep, I enjoyed it. I didn't harvest the whole plant...I left about 2 grams worth of minute buds on the plant and a few leaves. It's still under the lights. I'm just curious.

The BD and the Jack will be easier to trim, while the White Widow will be more difficult.

I was pleasantly surprised at how sticky it was....and the tricomes were perfect, about 20% amber.

I think I'm going to get about 2 ounces off Flo.

Blue Dream is next!

Re: 1st Harvest

Yep, I enjoyed it. I didn't harvest the whole plant...I left about 2 grams worth of minute buds on the plant and a few leaves. It's still under the lights. I'm just curious.

The BD and the Jack will be easier to trim, while the White Widow will be more difficult.

I was pleasantly surprised at how sticky it was....and the tricomes were perfect, about 20% amber.

I think I'm going to get about 2 ounces off Flo.

Blue Dream is next!

Typically, dry weight is around 25% of wet weight.

Will be interesting to see if Flo continues to bloom and give you back some more green love ;).

Update, Day 57 flower:

We have 2 Blue Dream, 1 White Widow and 1 Jack Herer.

Spider Mites are back, they're on about 4 fan leaves lower down on Jack. I keep them at bay with a quick spray...they aren't going to deter harvest at all.

Interestingly, I did see several of the little bastards with their poor little feet stuck in resin.....which leads me to believe that growing healthy, dank, sticky weed is a good way to fight the bastards. They'll get to the leaves, but if you can hold them off, and still get good production out of the leaves, all is not lost!

My next grow is going to include a methodical prevention program for Spider Mites.

Tonite they got their last feeding:
Ph'd water, hygrozyme, Molasses and 1/2 strength Big Bloom. Basically it's a flush, with very weak, organic nutes. They've been getting this for 5 days. I'm going to harvest the Blue Dreams Wednesday night. They're ready.

here's a pic of FLO, drying. Total weight was 182 grams trimmed and wet. I'm told that my final yield will be about 25% of the wet wet weight. That means roughly 45-46 grams. I'm going to predict it will be a bit more than that, because these buds were dense and quite sticky. We shall see.
IMG_02491.JPG

Back
Top Bottom