DocBud's Hempy Grow

Setting Sun said:
If you're not going to use it, before you put it on CL, let me know, I might be interested.

What don't you like about it?

I plan on using the dryer. I might try using the magic spinner too....but I'm trying to sell the cabinet, with all the accessories, including nutes.

No luck so far.

If I don't sell it, I'll use it.

The dryer is kinda cool, however. There are screens and a fan with a carbon filter at the bottom. It looks pretty good, and it dried the few samples I put in it pretty well.

Instead of running the fan 24/7 I think I'm going to put it on a timer so it runs 30 minutes on the hour, for a slower dry.

Got my mason jars today, along with a nice white platter and a gallon of Isopropyl.....I'm getting my trimmin' stuff together. :ganjamon:

If I go in tonite and FLO gives me any crap at all....I'm choppin' her.

I plan on using the dryer. I might try using the magic spinner too....but I'm trying to sell the cabinet, with all the accessories, including nutes.

No luck so far.

If I don't sell it, I'll use it.

The dryer is kinda cool, however. There are screens and a fan with a carbon filter at the bottom. It looks pretty good, and it dried the few samples I put in it pretty well.

Oh OK, I misunderstood you and thought you wanted to get rid of the dryer. Couldn't figure out why after you praised how it dried that bud.

Instead of running the fan 24/7 I think I'm going to put it on a timer so it runs 30 minutes on the hour, for a slower dry.

very good idea, IMO

Got my mason jars today, along with a nice white platter and a gallon of Isopropyl.....I'm getting my trimmin' stuff together. :ganjamon:

if there's anything better than preparing for harvest, it's harvest, lol.

If I go in tonite and FLO gives me any crap at all....I'm choppin' her.

knowin' Flo, she's a goner, lol.

Night 54 flower:
I think we're getting really close on the Blue Dream and FLO. I'm gonna chop FLO this weekend, and BD isn't far behind. We're gonna let the WW and the Jack go till after Thanksgiving.
FLO:
IMG_02263.JPG

Lower FLO nugget
IMG_02192.JPG

Blue Dream....FLO creeps me out, Blue Dream makes me happy.
IMG_02255.JPG

IMG_02224.JPG

IMG_02104.JPG

White Widow:
IMG_02151.JPG

Jack H.
IMG_02113.JPG

IMG_02131.JPG

IMG_02202.JPG

Doc, be patient with ur patient. Let FLO grow. I wanna c how she finishes. I may let her go outside. I wanna see this.
her light cycle is such that lights are on when it's dark outside. Plus, we're gettin' down below 30 at night.....AND my yard isn't conducive to putting the plant outside.

From what I understand, she should be about ready.
lineage: Not Listed
Family: Unknown or mixed family
Origin: Not Listed
Region: USA
Genotype: Mixed, primarily Sativa
Indoor Maturation: 55 to 60 days
Outdoor Maturation: Sep 15 to Sep 30
Sex Possibilities: Standard (M/F)
Stature: Somewhat tall and lanky
Yield: Not Listed
Odor Level: Not Listed
Odor Description: Not Listed
Taste Level: Not Listed
Taste Description: like Nepalese Temple Hash

I've looked at a bunch of images on google, and mine isn't that abnormal. Many of them have deep purple stems and lots of 3 bladed leaves, which I also have.

You really think I should let it go a while?

there are some secondary signs besides trich color that help me decide when to chop.

If the buds are still swelling and the plant is still thirsty, I tend to hold off, but if the buds have stalled for a few days, hairs are plus/minus 50% red, metabolism slows and need for water decreases....................................all helps me make the decision.

Trichs are the primary sign, but the other signs help confirm things.

IMG_02224.JPG

" WOW" you just made me soo happy with those pics. The blue dream looks like an absolute animal!!
Can't wait for mine to go that direction...
Nice grow man, first time round, and you have pics like those??? nicceeee..!

:thanks: I am literally following a recipe, with people coming along and holding my hand, giving me advice. I think the hard part is learning what you need, and what you don't need to get started "right."

My experience right now is limited, and I'm really curious how much I yield. Whatever it is, I am sure I can improve on it next grow by managing feedings better and taking proactive action against the #$% @@## FV(kn spider mites.

Next grow I'm going to trim a bit of lower foliage off the plant too. Not too much....

BTW, your Blue Dreams look exactly like mine did at that age. They can eat and drink plenty, don't be too shy on feedin' em.
Make sure they get lot's of P and K during the first half of flower, and don't skimp on the cal/mag either.

At what height did you switch to 12/12 with the blues, and how tall are they right now? I have heard they grow really crazy when you flip over. I have read that Blue Dream yields pretty heavy, i have read 2lbs per 1000watt. <---- of course that probably means that everything went perfect.. so I wouldn't be suprised if you did better than 2oz's a plant.

At what height did you switch to 12/12 with the blues, and how tall are they right now? I have heard they grow really crazy when you flip over. I have read that Blue Dream yields pretty heavy, i have read 2lbs per 1000watt. <---- of course that probably means that everything went perfect.. so I wouldn't be suprised if you did better than 2oz's a plant.

The clones were about a week in the dirt when I put them in hempy buckets. That was on Sep. 13th, I believe.
I went to 12/12 on Sep 27th. They spent the first 7 days madly searching for water at the bottom of the bucket. Your's won't have that extra effort....;)

They are now just under 4 feet tall, so they nearly tripled when I made the switch. I believe you said you were going to veg until 26 inches. Well, if you do that, you can probably make furniture out of the trunks after you harvest. I'd flip 'em a little sooner, but my flowering footprint was just over 4x4.

You really think I should let it go a while?

If u do. cut most of the tops and leave a few bud sites to see if she keeps producing. Y chop a plant that will still produce for u? She was bred to keep producing, let her do what she was born to do brother.
Big Book of Buds say that she's from Purple Thai (f) x Afghan Indica (m) parentage. 42-49 days indoors. 60% Sativa, 40% Indica. The pics in the book look similar to ur FLO. This is a purpling strain.

The clones were about a week in the dirt when I put them in hempy buckets. That was on Sep. 13th, I believe.
I went to 12/12 on Sep 27th. They spent the first 7 days madly searching for water at the bottom of the bucket. Your's won't have that extra effort....;)

They are now just under 4 feet tall, so they nearly tripled when I made the switch. I believe you said you were going to veg until 26 inches. Well, if you do that, you can probably make furniture out of the trunks after you harvest. I'd flip 'em a little sooner, but my flowering footprint was just over 4x4.

tripled??? Wow, I may have to rethink this 1.

tripled??? Wow, I may have to rethink this 1.

Your mileage may vary......

The plants are lanky and are nearly as wide as they are tall. I don't know if there are different pheno's or what, but mine would have been massively out of control if I had vegged them to 26 inches.
Here's what they looked like when I hit the switch:
IMG_0505.JPG

The two on the left, in the middle and furthest away from the camera are Blue Dream. Top right is Jack, bottom right is Flo, bottom left is WW.

Back
Top Bottom