First Grow New Facilities

GMT1975A

This is my new grow room still a work in progress. Starting with 6 strains. All vegan in soil as before. I am starting 1 each of Northern Lights, Moby Dick #2, Raspberry Cough, Urban Poison, Critical +, and Thai.

For those who wish I will try my best to list things as I have leaned to do it.

First, I use 5 gallon buckets (black) and drill 20-30 small holes in the bottom. Then fill with about an inch of washed hydroton. Cover that with a piece of landscape fabric, then top off with the soil mixture, which is 75% promix/sunshine mix and 25% Fox Farms Ocean Forest. I call it a "cool" soil mix, as it has enough nutrients to last a short time, then all the rest of the nutrients come from the GO line of vegan nutrients. Once the plants are to the size required to transplant, I begin watering every day. Let the soil dry out some, but not to much. Use a finger to check down an inch or so to see how moist it is.

As before, I am using 75% Promix and 25% Fox Farms Ocean Forest. Nutrients are once again General Organics vegan line. I prepped the room by spraying for bugs and mold one week prior to planting. I still have work to finish on the flower room, which is ~10 foot cubed. I have to run ~ 80 foot of #6 indoor to feed the Multiple Light Controller, at which point most of the major work will be finished. My biggest concern as always will be heat. I have installed a 6 inch inline fan to draw the warmer air from the ceiling out into the main structure. The lights are cooled with twin inline 6 inch fans, one pushing, the other exhausting. This is my first facility not hampered with a low ceiling height. I am hoping to get a little more height and weight with this new setup. I am in week 2 of veg, and all is looking well. As it is now fall here, I am hoping that will help with any heat issues I may encounter.

Mounted the ballast shelf today. I sits about 8 foot up on the wall. Now I just need to get the #6 wire (~120 foot) and all the "heavy lifting" will be done. Weather forecast is calling for cooler weather in the days ahead. I am almost all set to really move forward with this and make things happen.

New_Babies2.jpg

Nice set up GMT1975A! Got room for a young wipper snapper? subbed

Why thank you sir! It has been a series of events to bring me to the new facility. My last grow was shut down abruptly. I had a Northern Lights x Big Bud that produced a tad over 18 ozs dry. I hope to equal that with this new setup. Stay tuned!

Well thought I'd take a gander in a see what ya got growing on. Hey you got enough lites in there to light the world up. Really can't hardly have too many lum's per foot anyways. Room looks great. I've had problems with PM issiues here like always. Oregon is just prone to it I've come to except. I just keep fighting and looking for good strains. But anyways I figgure you allready figgured something to filter intakes? Man you got one sweet setup going there. Another mutaul friends said hello. The dude wants to stay off the grid. I've always wanted to grow some Thai but the weather was never good for it. Now that I'm in a state and a age where I can and Thai doesn't favor it here with the PM situation. Well good to see ya and I'll be driving back thru soon Keepem Green

Well thought I'd take a gander in a see what ya got growing on. Hey you got enough lites in there to light the world up. Really can't hardly have too many lum's per foot anyways. Room looks great. I've had problems with PM issiues here like always. Oregon is just prone to it I've come to except. I just keep fighting and looking for good strains. But anyways I figgure you allready figgured something to filter intakes? Man you got one sweet setup going there. Another mutaul friends said hello. The dude wants to stay off the grid. I've always wanted to grow some Thai but the weather was never good for it. Now that I'm in a state and a age where I can and Thai doesn't favor it here with the PM situation. Well good to see ya and I'll be driving back thru soon Keepem Green

As always brother, it is good to hear from you. Tell our mutual friend I said HIGH. :) I have a layer of metal screen over the exhaust and supply vents, as well as treated landscape fabric to cut down on mold and insects. I can change out the landscape fabric once every two weeks or so. Cheap and easy fix, just the way I like it. I have room if neccesary for a fourth HPS, but hoping I won't need it. Only running 6 plants at a time, so I should have plenty of lumens available. Good to see you still rockin the grow brother. I will be by to check it out as I get time. Miss the "emarald valley" and I have a step daughter there fighting breast cancer. Keep em green brother!

In the previous grows, I have switched to GO vegan line and have had great success with them. Many folks have their favorite nutrients for various reasons. Mine is simplicity and cost. I spend very little time in my room, maybe 30 minutes a day. My nutrient lineup does wonderful combined with the soil mix. It is simple to use, very effective, almost "idiot proof". It being vegan, it imparts little, if any, flavour to the plants, which leaves me with buds having a natural flavour. My yields went from 7-9 ozs to 10-14 ozs, with some hitting as high as 18 ozs, dry weight. I threw away my PH meter and jugs of PH up and down, no longer concerned with that issue. Oh course, living up in the "woods", my water source is a well. No chlorine to deal with. I like my plants to get large, very large, for an indoor grow. I trim the bottom 1/3 of the branches off, usually using them, for clones. In the past, I would overcrowd the flower room, diminishing my returns. Now I run 6 plants max under ~3600 lumens of mix spectrum. This will be my first grow with 10' ceiling height, and I hope to do better than previous. Come spring, I will add a portable AC unit, and maybe a CO2 unit as well. If all goes well, I will build a new structure designed specifically for indoor growing with the knowledge I have gained over the years. That knowledge, a great deal of it owed to the folks here who have so generously shared their time, experience and friendship over the years. I thank you one and all.

That sounds great GMT1975A! Im taking the same organic aproach to growing this time and I love it. Ph WHO! I had a nightmare grow with remembering to ph up and down! nute lock outs and nute burns. Thats stuffs for hydro! I dont know if ya got time to visit my journal or not ,but you might enjoy it. you are def welcome to be there. :peace:

That sounds great GMT1975A! Im taking the same organic aproach to growing this time and I love it. Ph WHO! I had a nightmare grow with remembering to ph up and down! nute lock outs and nute burns. Thats stuffs for hydro! I dont know if ya got time to visit my journal or not ,but you might enjoy it. you are def welcome to be there. :peace:

I am subbed brother, thank you for the invite!

Did you bag all those in Michigan? They have some great hunting so I have seen on tv.

Your plants appear happy on the outside but are they happy on the inside? I would advise reading them a book or playing some Bob Marley in there so they aren't just listening to the sound of a fan etc. Has to be very boring for them. Also should I not use my real name on here? Lol I didn't put my last name but I put the initial, bad idea? I seen that you're from the mitten too! Small world?

Back
Top Bottom