Blueberry & Moby Dick - Soil Grow

Glad to hear the ladies are closer to the CFLs, they really do love the extra light. And I agree with SolMJ that your babies should be alright over the weekend. At first I thought you has them in Solo cups which worried me, but seeing that they're in gallon pots eased my mind. Honestly, you might be fine not watering for a few days after you get back. When one of my Bubblelicious Auto babies was in a gallon pot, I watered it maybe once a week.

Glad to hear the ladies are closer to the CFLs, they really do love the extra light. And I agree with SolMJ that your babies should be alright over the weekend. At first I thought you has them in Solo cups which worried me, but seeing that they're in gallon pots eased my mind. Honestly, you might be fine not watering for a few days after you get back. When one of my Bubblelicious Auto babies was in a gallon pot, I watered it maybe once a week.

They're in 2 gallon containers. I was thinking I'd water them Friday morning and hope for the best. The only think that I'm a little worried about is them running into the top of the terrarium while I'm gone.

They're in 2 gallon containers. I was thinking I'd water them Friday morning and hope for the best. The only think that I'm a little worried about is them running into the top of the terrarium while I'm gone.

Maybe move the CFLs a inch or two further away before you leave, but they should be fine.

Day 11, this as everyone know is my last update till the middle of next week as I have to go out of town this weekend. I've gotten some outside help from a very respected 420member PeeJay. If you guys have an opportunity have a look at what he's doing, it's nothing short of amazing. According to him the main goal of growing autos is get them as big as possible before they reach sexual maturity and start flowering. Well I've definitely missed the boat on that. My autos are way too spindly right not. I kept them too far from my light source for too long. They are having a hard time keeping themselves upright and not falling over. So I've had to stake them just to keep them upright.

The Moby Dick is growing a little faster than the Blueberry which I had kind of expected seeing as the Moby Dick is a sativa and the Blueberry is an indica. They're both probably about 3-4"tall when they should be about 2" tall. I'm hoping I can correct the weak stem when I get them into my grow tent and subject them to more light than they know what to do with. Watered this morning, a little more than I normally would as I'm going to be gone for four days and don't want them drying out while I'm away.

Moby Dick
image28288.jpg

Blueberry
image28289.jpg

I don't know why the photos are sideways that's not how I took them, I guess that's what you get for trying to do it all on your phone

Hey whitty dont worry about the slow start...next time you'll get it right & besides they'll still grow & produce goodies!! I sprayed bleach on mine, was a heavy toll to pay but they're still heading towards the finish line :cheesygrinsmiley:

See you next week!

Hope you have a good time wherever you go this weekend. Can't wait to see how the Blue Widow finishes off.

As for Moby and Ms. BB, they're gonna surprise you. My recently popped Mystery seed #3 grew like mad out of the box/soil, enough so that I worried about it falling over. It has since strengthened its stem and stopped stretching. To help it build a strong stem, I pointed the table fan in my veg box straight at it so that it was a little dancing monkey. Like nature, the extra "wind" help keeps plants short and stocky, which is important in my grow because I'm running a sativa or two next round on a SWICK setup in a 5ft tall tent. Since you're sticking with the T5 light, it would benefit the little ladies to train them out horizontally so you can get that T5 as close to all the buds as possible.

I'm rambling, so I'll stop here. Safe travels and we'll see you next week.

Hello everyone, I'm finally back from having to be out of town. Pictures to come later. Both plants seemed to do well without being watered for four days. They were watered this morning with RapidStart. Both plants are still having troubles holding themselves completely upright, but much better than it was four days ago which tells me the stalks are getting stronger. Only a couple more days and they will be in the big tent soaking up as much light as their little heart's desire. The Moby Dick is working on her third node already. I have a feeling she's going to be a handful, which is great! The Blueberry is slower on the growth only starting her third set of leaves, but seeing as she's a indica dominate strain could be the reason. Both ladies are looking really healthy so far!

Since my Blue Widow has been chopped down I now have been able to move both ladies into my tent and drop my T5 light fixture to about 3" above them. They should be really happy about the extra light as well. I expect to see the plants growth take off now. Watered today with RapidStart. It'll be interesting to see if the root structure of these plants grow as quickly as my Blue Widow did.

Since putting the two of them under my T5 fixture they seem to be enjoying themselves. Moby Dicks is speeding along in development, thinking about starting her on a little LST here shortly, then ponytailing her as well. Blueberry is progressing slowly. Having troubles with her sustaining her own weight. I've got a fan blowing over the top of her to try and get her to bulk up her stalk up, hasn't worked just yet. Still watering with RapidStart.

Moby Dick

image28829.jpg
image28830.jpg

Blueberry
image28831.jpg
image28832.jpg

Back
Top Bottom