First Grow New Facilities

That mount lip curling is awesome never seen one like that. The buds look like Christmas decorations, who needs garland when you can have fat bubs great picture

That mount lip curling is awesome never seen one like that. The buds look like Christmas decorations, who needs garland when you can have fat bubs great picture

Thanks for pointing that out Peanut! I have never seen that either.

Did you bag all those in Michigan? They have some great hunting so I have seen on tv.

Yep. All michigan bucks. I have 3, but only the bottom right one is mine in this pic. The 4 across the top are my youngest brothers. We are blessed in this state. We have a rather large abundance of fresh water, millions of acres of forest, and plenty of game. :)

Your plants appear happy on the outside but are they happy on the inside? I would advise reading them a book or playing some Bob Marley in there so they aren't just listening to the sound of a fan etc. Has to be very boring for them. Also should I not use my real name on here? Lol I didn't put my last name but I put the initial, bad idea? I seen that you're from the mitten too! Small world?

I didn't use my real name, just in case. Yep, I am a mitten dweller as well. Just about mid state, near Big Rapids. Originally from GR. I sing to them, hope that counts..lol.

Yes, that is exactly what this buck was doing when I arrowed him. Took nearly 3 weeks to finally get a shot on him. So I had him mounted as he looked when I finally was able to draw up without him seeing me. Two of the bucks in the top row were shot by my brother on opening day, 1 hour apart from the same stand. Some of the guys he was hunting with hadn't even left the coffee shop when he came back with his second buck. Smallest one was a 9, weighing in at 211 lbs, field dressed, the other, a 10, weighed in at 217 field dressed.

Wowzaaa! I remember you having to super crap a few tall ones, it would be crazy if you needed to do that now :thedoubletake:

I'm real happy to see ya' around again BTW.

I could handle supercropping again. Yep, try to keep them at 8 foot and out of the lights! 6 plants per run, and hopefully hit 16 ozs per plant. That should give me enough to "get by"..lolol. I am very happy that you are still around brother, even more so that you are here.

Do you do super cropping solely as a means of controlling your height or do you do it to help plump the buds?

I didn't use my real name, just in case. Yep, I am a mitten dweller as well. Just about mid state, near Big Rapids. Originally from GR. I sing to them, hope that counts..lol.

Oh that's kool, I wrestled them a few times.. I don't know if you keep up with high school wrestling by any chance, but our Coach is Coon, from Fowlerville, maybe you've heard of his son Adam Coon. I'm more of a city person I guess, Lansing/Nashville TN, kinda' out of place in redneckville, but I don't mind them, it's just another way of life. I've never hunted, shot guns before though.. I seen that pic with the deer that was pimp. Yea, I'm sure they love the singin',"SWEET HOME ALABAMA!" lol, I had to. But no for real you should check this out sometime, Water - The Great Mystery (Full Version) tim sauder - YouTube , it's about water having memory, and the brain is like 70-90% so anyways it'd make sense.. So maybe everything is connected in a way, even though that just makes me sound like I'm really stoned..

Dude that's a hella picture. Some nice racks. Reminds me of younger days. You get them with those shotguns? I use to hunt this 5,000 acre thicket in Arkansas that produced some nice bucks. When I was kid I use to hunt it. It was surrounded by hunting clubs that ran dogs. Every buck that surived afew years knew right where that thicket was. You couldn't see you hand in front of your face so I always used my shotgun. But those are some nice mounts. Keepem Green

Do you do super cropping solely as a means of controlling your height or do you do it to help plump the buds?

I do it for both reasons. Many because the old room was shorter and the lights were at 6 foot. If you take the tallest bud and supercrop or LST it down below the surrounding buds, it will force the plant to treat the next tallest bud to be the new "top bud" and it will in turn get much larger. You also are letting more light in to the center of the plant. All of the buds are competing for light(energy) and nutrients. Towards the end, you will need to reverse the process and tie the buds up because they get so large and heavy.

Oh that's kool, I wrestled them a few times.. I don't know if you keep up with high school wrestling by any chance, but our Coach is Coon, from Fowlerville, maybe you've heard of his son Adam Coon. I'm more of a city person I guess, Lansing/Nashville TN, kinda' out of place in redneckville, but I don't mind them, it's just another way of life. I've never hunted, shot guns before though.. I seen that pic with the deer that was pimp. Yea, I'm sure they love the singin',"SWEET HOME ALABAMA!" lol, I had to. But no for real you should check this out sometime, Water - The Great Mystery (Full Version) tim sauder - YouTube , it's about water having memory, and the brain is like 70-90% so anyways it'd make sense.. So maybe everything is connected in a way, even though that just makes me sound like I'm really stoned..

I have to learn to lip read, as I haven't felt inclined to replace my sound card...lol. I appreciate the offer however. I own and shot guns, but just prefer bowhunting the most. It is peaceful and tranquil to sit for hours pitting skills and tactics against a wary whitetail. Quite often, I shoot them with a camera instead of a lethal weapon. If I need the meat, I will however take one.

Dude that's a hella picture. Some nice racks. Reminds me of younger days. You get them with those shotguns? I use to hunt this 5,000 acre thicket in Arkansas that produced some nice bucks. When I was kid I use to hunt it. It was surrounded by hunting clubs that ran dogs. Every buck that surived afew years knew right where that thicket was. You couldn't see you hand in front of your face so I always used my shotgun. But those are some nice mounts. Keepem Green

Thank you brother. I love hunting in this area. We have plenty of inland lakes and rivers, as well as an abundance of state and federal land. I was up to my parents place this afternoon and saw that the first salmon are migrating up stream to spawn. Beautiful majestic fish on a one way mission, to procreate and carry on the species. Crystal clear ice cold waters with 3 foot or larger salmon swimming thru on a sunny day. But I don't need to tell you, living in the PNW bro. May your buds be large and plentiful. :)

I have to learn to lip read, as I haven't felt inclined to replace my sound card...lol. I appreciate the offer however. I own and shot guns, but just prefer bowhunting the most. It is peaceful and tranquil to sit for hours pitting skills and tactics against a wary whitetail. Quite often, I shoot them with a camera instead of a lethal weapon. If I need the meat, I will however take one.

lol well it's all good, and I bet it is, I'll have to try it sometime.

Back
Top Bottom