First Grow - LED - DWC - New Here

hydrofun

Wasn't sure if I was going to post so I kinda have grown into week 2 of bloom I'll post pics tonight.
first journal
materials:
1 closet medium size 2 sliding doors, 1 5 gal bucket,1 net pot @8", 1 kessil h350 magenta led, 1 dual port air pump with 2 4" air stones, Mylar reflective wallpaper, silver reflective tape, 1 non-digital timer, ph pen, General Hydroponics(GH) 7.0 buffer solution, GH PH down, GH Rapidstart, GH Armor SI, Botanicare Aquashield, Great White Orca, Advanced Nutrients(AN) Ph perfect grow micro bloom, AN Anicent Earth, AN Bud Blood, AN Big Bud, AN Carboload, Bloombastic, AN Final Flush.
prestart:
2 random seeds from to separate bags of weed that got me real high :p
seeds placed in wet paper towel folded and placed in walmart plastic grocery bag for 5-6 days
placed the 2 1" seedlings into small grow cube that is presoaked at 5.8 PH then placed into 2 4" grow cubes also presoaked and PH at 5.8 The bathtub water is at 200PPM before I start adding nutrients. Not sure if I include the PPM of the water as part of the total PPM of nutrients, but for now I will include it as the total until told differently
placed a 1.5" layer of hydroton in the netpot and pushed the 2 4" cubes all the way to the bottom of the net pot then added hydroton up to the level of almost touching the embryo seed leaf. No nutrients of any type at this point.
3.5 gallons of water from the bathtub (all water from bathtub in this grow). First adding GH Rapidstart at 1/2 recommended rate. Second add Great White Orca at 3/4 recommended rate. Third add Botanicare Aquashield at 10mL per gallon. Stir well with metal diffuser stick between each nutrient addition. Last add GH PH Down until the water is at PH5.8. And I learned this burnt the hell out of them and barely recovered with water flushing and new PH water at 5.6.
Week 1:
I am using only 1/4 of this closet space @ 1.5' by 1.5' I let this water sit in the plant for an actual 5 days and call it week 1. Lights on 19/5. I run my lights at night, even though it is LED and only 90W (82W draw). Time on 7pm through 2pm, Off time 2pm through 7pm. I use no venting other than checking PH and PPM 3-5 times a day and breathing on it sometimes burping directly on the plants, o well its a theory (this is a closet grow). Anyway week 1 results: Burned them nicely but caught it on day 5 and started new week.
Week 2:
First water change, old water PH 6.1, so I dump it on some house plants sitting in soil just as to not waste whatever nuts may be still there, plants are burnt but recovering. 3.5 gallons of water from the bathtub. First adding GH Rapidstart at 1/2 recommended rate. Second add Great White Orca at 3ml per gallon. Stir well with metal diffuser stick between each nutrient addition. Last add GH PH Down until the water is at PH5.9. Lights unchanged time, although I had the lights maybe to close in week1 @ 1'. Lights at week 2 at max height @ 4 1/8'. This is a 9 day week. Results week 2: Plants have been topped even though the 2 sets of leaves are burned. New shoots show some small burn but doing good.
Week 3:
3.5 gallons of water from the bathtub. First adding GH Armor SI at just under 1/2 strength, second GH Rapidstart at 1/2 recommended rate, then add AN Micro at .75ml per liter, then add Great White Orca at half recommended rate, then add Botanicare Aquashield at 4mL per gallon, and finally AN Grow at 1/4 strength. Stir well with metal diffuser stick between each nutrient addition. Last add GH PH Down until the water is at PH5.8. Lights unchanged time, although moved lights to 2' from tops. Plants are 85% recovered and topped a 2nd time. Added another 5ml of grow and micro at 3 days into the grow week and added 1ml of Great White Orca at 4 days. Results: Plants look good all tops recovering and I had to top 1 side branch of the more sativaish looking plant as it was becoming dominant. Doing soft LST training of major fan leaves to try and get better penetration of the undergrowth.
Week 4:
3.5 gallons of water from the bathtub. First adding GH Armor SI at 1/2 strength, then add AN Micro at 1/2 recommend rate, then add Great White Orca at full recommended rate, then add Botanicare Aquashield at 5mL per gallon, then AN Grow at 1/2 strength, then AN Bloom at 1/2 rate and finally 1/2 strength AN Ancient Earth. Stir well with metal diffuser stick between each nutrient addition. Last add GH PH Down until the water is at PH5.8. Lights unchanged time, and lights to 2' from tops. Foilar spraying AN Ancient Earth on leaves lightly every 3 days. Added 4ml of An grow and 2ml AN micro 2 days into this week, and added 1/4 strength AN Ancient Earth at 3 days in the week, finally at 4 days into the week added Great White Orca at 2ml for whole reservoir. Results: No new burning. LST still for fan leaves and I can see that the more indica plant has a small 3rd top between one of the main 2 tops. So I have 5 main tops on the indica. The sativaish plant has a side branch that I topped and now has 3 main shoots on it with 2 more big side shoots at the nod below that. This plant has 4 main tops and what looks like a total of 5 tops on the 2 side branch's. PH meter is broken again. Ordered a waterproof expensive one this time, but not able to change the water for next week.
Week 5-6:
Water is at 2 gallons and I am just adding small amounts of Armor SI GH at about 3ml for the container, then add AN Micro at 3ml, then add Great White Orca 1ml, then AN Grow at 5ml, then add AN Bloom at 5ml, and finally. Stir well with metal diffuser stick between each nutrient addition. The water is at PH5.4 (at least that's the closest I can tell with these paper strips). Lights unchanged time, and lights to 2' from tops. Foilar spraying AN Ancient Earth on leaves lightly every 3 days. Plants are now at about 10 inches and going to bloom as soon as the new PH meter arrives. I purposely bent these plants down at the beginning and have buried about 3 inches at least of stalk by laying it down across the hydroton at about 1 inch below the surface, plus topping them 2 times each and some LST. In essence I have at least a 13 inch plant. I also used some bread ties to pull the plants down to get more light into the center. Looks like the more indica blend will have 7 tops and the more sativa blend will have 9 tops. This week lasted for 10 days as I waited for a PH meter to arrive in the mail before I went into bloom. Plants are LST with bread ties and getting big but not more than 9 inches vertical. TDS meter arrived this week checked my water for the first time, tap ran at 300PPM. Nutrient water this week was 980PPM. Did some defoliating of big fan leaves only where blocking other new tops from getting direct sunlight. About 12 leaves removed (from 2 plants combined) over a 10 day period. One plant has stretch of like an inch and a half between nods on the 4 main tops. Second plant nods are way to close less than half an inch. Both plants have main stocks larger in diameter than a pencil.
Week 7 : (Week 1 bloom)
2.1 gallons of water from the bathtub (PPM 355). First adding AN Bud Blood at about 80% strength, then checking PPM(PPM 472) before I add GH Armor SI at the middle level recommended rate on the bottle, then add AN Micro at 80% recommend rate, then add Botanicare Aquashield at 5mL per gallon, then add Great White Orca at full recommended rate, then AN Grow at almost 75% strength, then AN Bloom at just over 80% strength, finally add AN Ancient Earth full strength (PPM1158). Stir well with metal diffuser stick between each nutrient addition. Last add GH PH Down until the water is at PH5.7 (PPM1220). Lights at 12/12 time, and lights at 2' from tops. Foliar spraying AN Ancient Earth on leaves lightly 2 times this week. Checked water after 24 hours, PPM 1272 (I like this just under 1300) but PH jumped to 6.7. I know I'm not supposed to chase PH but that is to high so I lowered it to PH 6.1 (hopefully that wont shock the plants to badly). Plant main stock at the hydroton level seems to have increase in thickness by almost half overnight on both plants. I maybe overreacting but I could swear the tops are already showing signs of growth change, new tips look different already. Even with only 12 hours of light the plants drank up way more water than any previous day, at least .15-.2 gallons gone. I'm guessing I will top off in 2 more days and do that 2 days after that with fresh PH water. By the end of this week I will have a few pictures finally. PPM on day 3 have reached 1540 but the plants seem fine, and the PH is 6.1. I'm guessing the PPM is going up because the water is being finished off so fast. Looks like the plants will drink almost a full gallon this week. Day 4 added a little more than a half gallon PH 5.7 water. PPM in res went down to 1450. PH in rez is up to 6.2. Plants at 13 inches in height. No burning plants look good.
Week 8: (Week 2 bloom)
2.1 gallons of water from the bathtub. First adding GH Armor SI at .5ml per liter, then add AN Bud Blood at full strength, then add Botanicare Aquashield at 5mL per gallon, then AN Ancient Earth at 16ml, then add 1ml per liter of AN Carboload, then 1.25ml of Orca Great White, then add AN Micro at 16ml , then AN Grow at 14ml, then AN Bloom at 16ml . Stir well with metal diffuser stick between each nutrient addition. Check PPM to keep it below 1300 (PPM at 1250). Last add GH PH Down until the water is at PH5.7. Lights at 12/12 time,and lights at 2' from tops. Checked PH/PPM on the first day before lights went out. PH rose to 6.1 and PPM 1450. Water level is down fast looks to have sucked up about .3 gallons of the new water mix in 10 hours. I see buds forming on the tops of 3 of the main indica branches (small hairs twisting into the new top growth definitely bud hair or calyx mixing into the new grow tips) No bud sign on the sativa yet. Can't wait for lights on in 4 hours, I know I'll need to top off the water I got a gallon jug of PH 5.9 water with a light AN Ancient Earth mix. Slowly removing some top fan leaves over the last week to expose lower shoots to better light ( Hope that don't fuck it up).

re: First Grow Kessil H350 Magenta LED - DWC - New Here

Subbed Welcome to :420: Man
im sure other will join in and follow cant wait to see your plants post some pics
using the gallery tab to upload photos
you can also put a link to your journal in your signature using user co then scroll down on the left and edit signature
Happy Herbs :thumb:

So I'm stupid how can I POST a pic? Copy and paste not working. clicked on my photos it stubbornly says I have no photos that meet whatever criteria. Well I got some crappy phtotos on my iphone I'll go read up on adding photos to this site YAY! sounds fun.NOT.

yea you have to upload it to the gallery first lemme get the links for you at least the help links
once you upload it
then on this posting thing im typing onnow
the fourth icon from the right is the one you put the link from the gallery into to post it but wait lemme look for the picture postin help thing

heres the link for the help file to upload
don't forget to put a link from your page into your signature so when you post on site in other journals or whatever people can hit the link to get on your journal to follow :thumb:
that would be user cp towards the top on the left hit that then scroll down on the left edit signature and throw the link for your journal there

heres the help thing to upload and post photos Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

Re: First Grow Kessil H350 Magenta LED - DWC - New Here

kessilh350m.JPG
kinda_see_white_top.JPG
IMG_28821.JPG
IMG_28815.JPG
IMG_28804.JPG
IMG_28791.JPG
IMG_28783.JPG
IMG_28773.JPG
IMG_28766.JPG
IMG_28754.JPG
kessilh350m.JPG

thanks for the help man I got my photos up I know there bad pixs but its what I got an Iphone any tips on cleaning them up would be great!

Anyway I could never find a grow that was more than "HEY I'm growing with kessil h350" Then people kinda go bonkers and start switching or adding lights or say im just using this kessil as a side light. Well I got no room to grow so my little corner of the closet has been converted and I AM using one kessil H350M from start to finish period. So these pixs suk but this is what one kessil can do to 2 plants started from seed 6 weeks vegging and just started 2nd week of 12/12 bloom cycle. I tried to get a good pix of the little buds growing on top the 2nd picture shows some white spots in the middle of a top that is actually bud forming at day 9 of 12/12. So far I think I single kessil may actually produce some buds. Will see.

So last night I checked my PH it was back up to 6.4. SO now im reading online that when you see the plants drinking a lot of water and the PH is rising fast it may be to much nutrients and salts locked up in the rockwool cube. Hopefully I can get these plants through the bloom cycle before they get toxic. Anyway I added about a half gallon of PH 5.2 with a mild AN Ancient Earth blend. Tested water seems to be at PH 5.9 and PPM now at 1270. I was reading also that organics don't show on PPM so now im wondering if I'm killing these 2 plants, as I use a few organics like great white, ancient earth, carboload and aquashield.

Well I guess this journal is going to be part of the kessil curse. Got home my now x-gf as of today, decided that she was kicking me out as she finally figured out that I will not take care of her 20 year old son that never leaves of his pajamas ( I hope they fuking die) and so I had all my stuff and my plants waiting for me at the door. SO no where for the plants to go they went into the dumpster and I went to my parents xtra room. I guess it didn't help I lost my job as well so GOOD DAY. Sorry guys I really wanted to make this a full kessil grow for myself and anyone who really wanted to see a full kessil only grow. I guess move this to incomplete grows :(

Im sorry to hear Hydro when you get back on track start another journal :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom