650w hps Church "screen"

bluuurghhh

Howdy.I know I'm late-coming here, but better late than never...I hope.OK-we got 2 Church female seedlings(they are both sporting female pre-flowers).The plant in front was straggling waaay behind the plant in the back.Both are at 7 weeks veg now, and have 1 more week to go.The front gal is in a home-made bubbler( 2- 5" round airstones/ 8 inch net pot/ 5 gallon bucket) the back gal is in a GH Powergrower(DWC/ drip combo-drip ring+ a 5" airstone in the res).I'm a noob, so I stay with the simplest nute regimine possible, GH Flora 3 part-30 mils total per gallon.I'll add Open Sesame, super-high P fertilizer, week 2 of 12/12.I use R.O. water, and try to maintain a PH of 5.5-5.7.I top daily(about a gallon between both plants)...one day plain PH adjusted R.O. water, half strength solution the next.The screen was last minute, and incorporated to even out both canopies, the back plant would have severely overgrown the smaller gal.

SAM_0308.JPG

this is flowering tent #1- for caregiving purposes only.I also have a personal tent-2x2-4' high- with a homemade 18 gal- 8 site(5" net pots) bubbler( 3-20" airstones).Theres a 150w hps- exhausted with a 95 CFM exhaust fan.Theres also 156 w of 26w cfl's( 6500k-veg/ 2700k-flower

these are my lil babies...gently rooting under 65w of 6500k cfl...I had 35 cuttings, 100% success! I gave 8 away, and am still looking to get rid of more.

Oh yeah, the main flowering tent is 4'x4'-6' high, I have a cool tubed( 400 cfm exhaust) and a 250w hps(my first grow-light) both with lumatek ballasts.My temps stay around 80 this time of year.

sunday morning, bout 8 weeks veg now-changing out res today, flushing both bubblers with 5.5 PH R.O. water.Switching up 3 part nutes(still 30 mils)-to 10 mils each of grow/micro/bloom-after a week I'll switch(I change res every week) to the 3-2-1 micro formula.
SAM_0347.JPG

I'm planning on adding some 2700K cfls(about 200 watts of 26w cfls) around the perimeter where the 400 and 250's limited footprint issues occur.I'm saving up for a 1000w water cooled fixture-I've priced a whole set-up for about 1100.

Looks pretty good , is this your first scrog grow ? What kind of yield does this setup get compared to just a reg grow. I guess it would be great where hight was a problem !! Nice job +rep bluuuurg ! :peace:

SAM_0369.JPG
Looks pretty good , is this your first scrog grow ? What kind of yield does this setup get compared to just a reg grow. I guess it would be great where hight was a problem !! Nice job +rep bluuuurg ! :peace:

thank you brother:ganjamon: and yes, 1st scrog.Kinda evolved into a scrog.The gal up front is just now touching the screen.She was a runt from birth.So really, this scrog business is the only way I could think of to control the canopy.Plus it just makes sense.I'm only running 650 watts now, not enough to cover much depth.I'm pretty new to all this...bout a year now, and I'm still in the process of getting this system productive.Today, I did some major trimming under the screen on the big plant-branches not touching the screen at this point are eliminated-leaves as well.I guess the idea is to keep all the growth in flower(coming shortly!) on that screen, getting the most benefit from the lamp, keeping the canopy as even as possible, and checking growth under the screen.Right now, every square (2"...roughly) is filled with one selected growing tip.Now I've seen what happens next done 2 ways: 1) total flat scrog...tying her down until about week 5 of flower 2) Let those branches jump up, employing a little lst on the way.The plant up front needs to fill the screen a little more before I cut away the lower vegetation.Clones will be better, no doubt.I'm really just feeling my way as I go.

Well it looks pretty damn good from here !! It'l be nice when those colas start shooting up and filling out .. good luck with your yield !! :peace:

Well it looks pretty damn good from here !! It'l be nice when those colas start shooting up and filling out .. good luck with your yield !! :peace:

I appreciate that;) I've got my fingers crossed...new strain, new method.From what I've gathered, this is not a stretchy gal.It should be interesting.I've seen some verticle scrogs...sweet idea.3-4 trellised bubblers with a 1000w water-cooled hps hung vertically.sweet

Back
Top Bottom